closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen NY0040 Review - Overlooked Masterpiece?

Cool Citizen NY0040 Review - Overlooked Masterpiece?

I think that the Citizen NY0040 is often overlooked as 'inferior' to the Seiko equivalent SKX series by the watch world, but I believe that this is wrong.

The Citizen NY0040 is a dark horse diving watch, and I wrote a review on mine in which I really realised that :)

Be sure to check it out here - Citizen NY0040 Review

I'd love to hear what you think! :)

All the best,
    Karl

Well, it's a readable review, though it could definetly do with a bit of spellchecking, but for me it's a bit of a ho-hum watch. Other than having the crown in a weird place, I don't see what distinguishes this watch and why you would prefer it to a Seiko diver. You don't seem to know either, except for the oft-repeated point that you "really like it".

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Well, it's a readable review, though it could definetly do with a bit of spellchecking, but for me it's a bit of a ho-hum watch. Other than having the crown in a weird place, I don't see what distinguishes this watch and why you would prefer it to a Seiko diver. You don't seem to know either, except for the oft-repeated point that you "really like it".
    Sorry, I'll check through it now.

I prefer it because of the crown, it's hand winding capability, I find that the bezel action is much more rugged on the Citizen and also it was used by the italian navy who pressure tested it to 500m and it passed!

Kind regards,
    Karl

Journeyman
    Some great observations there Karl. I was certainly less aware of the Citizen than the Seiko. I'm not really drawn to it aesthetically and I'm not sure I could live with the crown position. However I think this is one of those watches that, if I were to actually get my hands on an example, I would really like.

Well, I had one (the full lume version) and thought it was very cheap feeling in comparison to the 007 and Black Monster. Wears much smaller and slimmer than either of those watches, but the crown action was incredibly rough, the winding action was even worse and it just felt like a toy. I guess you could say I didn't like it! - no comparison to the Seiko 007 imho

Master
    under the radar that one - might search one out on fleabay :)

Great review,

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    under the radar that one - might search one out on fleabay :)
    I agree , it certainly went under my radar . Think i will also look out for one on fleabay .

Craftsman
    I bought the full lume face version of this watch.

It was a nice watch, but for me it just didn't gel. No fault of the watch at all, the build quality and finish were fine.

I think it's because the rest of my watches are quite large and that one just didn't have the heft I am used to on my wrist.

Journeyman
    I was not aware of that watch at all, it is certainly interesting. Thanks for sharing

Apprentice
    This was my first automatic watch. Perhaps the crown is in a different place to others, perhaps the bezel is a bit marmite. For me, I found it to be a great watch at a great price that worked flawlessly and kept pretty good time. One thing is for sure, it's a much more exclusive club than watches many times its price (SMP, Sub). This watch is recommended.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Great watches, I liked the full lume version and had a different set of hands fitted , to make it more easily readable.

Also a black faced one , which was left unaltered.