closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tutima ‪Bundeswehr chrono‬

Tutima ‪Bundeswehr chrono‬

Just purchased this from a dealer in Munich. Prices seem wildly various for them, which is a good sign usually, and I'm a big Lemania 5100 fan at the best of times; a bs-free movement if ever there was one. Right spec, good condition, right price and proper Bundeswehr issue. Comes on the right strap for that too (although I expect I'll put it on something else).
    Either way, think it's going to be an ideal weekend/motorbike watch.

Blog Entries
    Well done owned this and a few variants over the years and as solid as a rock

Cheers. Pleased to hear they're as solid as I hoped. In fact I spend a while over the last couple of days trawling threads going back to 2006 on them and everything pointed to robust, and also not wearing as big as they look. So very pleased.

Cracking watches and the perfect beaters in my book. Enjoy!

Well done on your acquisition. Highly legible chronograph and always a joy to use.
    Last edited by rushroon; 15th February 2016 at 17:31.

I've had mine for a couple of years now and would find it difficult to part with. One of the few constants in the collection

Thanks chaps, I'm sure I shall enjoy it.
    Admit freely that I didn't know them at all until a few weeks ago. No chrono in the watch box and was after another and research led me to Tutima, and then the more I looked the more I liked. As a new TZer I should add that old threads on here were invaluable as part of that.
    One of the particular attractions, as other bikers will understand, is the flat pushers. Extending ones are often a bit of a 'mare in riding position.
    Anyway, really looking forward to it arriving and delighted to have made the discovery, albeit one most of you probably made years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I've had mine for a couple of years now and would find it difficult to part with. One of the few constants in the collection

That's a peach.

Journeyman
    Very nice watches. And you can never go wrong with a L5100.

My one issue is that I have trouble finding a good bracelet/band that works with the pillow/cushion case shape. After trying a lot of things (bund, chrononissimo, nato), I defaulted back to the metal band.

I've been wearing my ZUZ Tutima for 9 days solid now - just love it. It is my 3rd L5100 Tutima, and my favourite.
    But, I've been coming to the conclusion that a basic Bund Tutima would be almost my ideal everyday watch, I really rate them.
    So - good choice.
    Well done
    Dave

I had one for a while that I had cerakoted and wore on one of Eddie's rally straps. I missed a bezel tho', so I traded it away. I eventually decided I needed a Tutima back in my watch box tho' and picked up a Di300. Great brand that makes solid stuff.

Journeyman
    DI300 is very nice. And very affordable for what you get.

Master
    New arrival today ... came on strap, but was offered a bracelet by a huytonman ... really smartens it up. I had a Tutima Pacific on near enough the same bracelet many years ago I had forgotten how comfortable. I like the Lemania 5100 and had Sinn 142 St and 156 Military more than a decade ago and missed both ... this Tutima looks like a keeper.

Great looking watch. One went here last week within two minutes! £550. Needless to say I missed it.

Look good on a black or grey nato😊

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Great looking watch. One went here last week within two minutes! £550. Needless to say I missed it.

Look good on a black or grey nato
    As did I. Bugger......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    ... er ... yes I know :)

Good looking watch , with a good movement , well done .

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    New arrival today ... came on strap, but was offered a bracelet by a huytonman ... really smartens it up. I had a Tutima Pacific on near enough the same bracelet many years ago I had forgotten how comfortable. I like the Lemania 5100 and had Sinn 142 St and 156 Military more than a decade ago and missed both ... this Tutima looks like a keeper.

When I saw you'd bought this I was going to offer my spare Tutima bracelet but seems you're sorted

One thing though, did the seller know why the chrono second and minute hands are white instead of the usual orange? I'm really curious because I've never seen these in white on this watch before?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    When I saw you'd bought this I was going to offer my spare Tutima bracelet but seems you're sorted

One thing though, did the seller know why the chrono second and minute hands are white instead of the usual orange? I'm really curious because I've never seen these in white on this watch before?
    I didn't ask ... that's an interesting point though. The minute and chrono counter hands are unevenly faded and the hour hand has been replaced at some point so it's much lighter. It does need a few things - a handset, beadblasting of the case ... but no complaints at all at the price it went for.

Very nice. I have a Sinn 142, so I'm a fan already. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    I didn't ask ... that's an interesting point though. The minute and chrono counter hands are unevenly faded and the hour hand has been replaced at some point so it's much lighter. It does need a few things - a handset, beadblasting of the case ... but no complaints at all at the price it went for.
    Sorry, but that is wrong.
    Your minute and second chronograph hands are luminous, and original. They could be requested as a special order instead of the orange ones.
    And the chronograph hour hand is original too. This hand (like all the sub-dial ones) was never offered as luminous by Tutima. So you have white hands on the constant seconds and 24-hr sub-dials. Orange on chrono-hours, and all the other 4 are luminous. None are faded.

Charge it up under a lamp and turn the lights off. See?

Personally I would love a set of these luminous ones, it is an improvement on the orange, and it is the one advantage of the EZM1 over the Tutima Commando II.

Dave

Thanks OP, you and the other contributors to the thread have just added another watch to my list, there should be warning signs above the door

Dave's correct - and I'd agree the white chrono hands add something. I've seen a few about but very infrequent. A really nice one you have there.

For interest: http://forum.atgvintagewatches.com/s...ghlight=albino

The cerakoted one and the bezelled Commando II here are also very interesting ones!

Last edited by andy111s; 23rd March 2016 at 13:49.

My Titanium versions

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Sorry, but that is wrong.
    Your minute and second chronograph hands are luminous, and original. They could be requested as a special order instead of the orange ones.
    And the chronograph hour hand is original too. This hand (like all the sub-dial ones) was never offered as luminous by Tutima. So you have white hands on the constant seconds and 24-hr sub-dials. Orange on chrono-hours, and all the other 4 are luminous. None are faded.

Charge it up under a lamp and turn the lights off. See?

Personally I would love a set of these luminous ones, it is an improvement on the orange, and it is the one advantage of the EZM1 over the Tutima Commando II.

Dave
    Believe me the pic I posted doesn't show it but the hands are faded/unevenly discoloured the question is do I want to live with this indefinitely - the pic I posted previously was bleached out due to reflections, this pic is more accurate showing uneven patination of the hands and markers

But they are lume hands, you can tell because the chrono-second hand is a different shape to the normal Tutima hand. Different colours to each other, yes, but they never matched the orange hand.
    D