closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Duncan (Canoop) does it again..

Duncan (Canoop) does it again..

Early December last year, I was lucky enough to pick up an all original Seiko 7549-7010 Tuna -

I started a thread on it's arrival here - http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...910-Seiko-Tuna

On it's arrival it all looked great, but the date was a little sticky and as you have probably already noticed, the Hardlex glass was badly scratched..

So I contacted our very own Seiko wiz Canoop (Duncan) and asked if he would be kind enough to give the watch a full strip down/service, replace the gaskets and fit a Genuine NOS Seiko Hardlex.

Duncan replied promptly and I was very pleased to hear that he would be happy to take the Tuna on, so on the 6th of December I sent him the watch.

As we all know, Duncan is a very busy member, taking on lots of work, so there was an estimated wait of 8 weeks for the work to be completed.

Just shy of 9 weeks and I get the message I have been waiting for, the Tuna has visted Duncan's bench! :)

The report was very good, I was informed that the watch had no problems, other than a little degraded lubricant and a speck of slight discoloration to the main plate! :)

As most of us know, Duncan does his work to the highest of standards and he always sends a photographic diary of the watches repair work from start to finish, which is wonderful!

Here are just a few photo's of the many I received -

This is how Duncan received the watch -

The movement prior to service with battery and retainer removed -

The dial and handset looking great out of the case -

The case all stripped down -

Dial off showing the date mechanism -

Time for the movement to be stripped down -

The watch is now entirely stripped down ready for cleaning -

Including the crown -

Case has now been ultra sonic cleaned and is ready for the NOS Seiko Hardlex to be fitted -

And fitted -

Now Duncan gets ready to rebuild the movement after a good clean in the tank -

Dial and hands back on -

And then the movement is then back in it's case -

Then it's time for the standard 6Bar pressure test -

It of course passed with flying colours. :)

Now it's time for the specially requested 30Bar pressure test -

It passed! :) -

I can't praise Duncan's work enough, the watch is still with him as he is just checking to make sure the watch is running correctly, but with a little luck it should be back with me Tuesday. :)

I have a brand new Genuine flat vent strap and a couple of new 22mm Fat bars waiting for it here to attach on it's arrival, I will post some more images when it's back with the much anticipated wrist shot! :)

Thanks again Duncan, your a star! :)
    Last edited by senraw; 14th February 2016 at 22:51.

Amazing work, that picture with the movement disassembled is gonna make me have nightmares tonight lol

Master
    Gotta love a post displaying Duncan's work. I need to get in touch with him regarding a couple of watches as well.

Thanks for sharing, great pictures.

Super work Duncan !!

Master
    Great work. My worst nightmare having to try and put all those little pieces back together so respect. Seen several of Duncan 's photo diary repairs and they are excellent adverts for his work.

Great work once again.

Great to see this kind of detail regarding a quartz refurbishment - very interesting

very nice thank you for sharing

Well done Duncan, admire the work you have done. All those little bits and it all goes back together, I would have a few bits left over I am sure

Stunning!

Master
    Very good work indeed. I always find these posts showing the process from start to finish very pleasing to read.

Thanks