closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Popping my head round the door

Popping my head round the door

Hi all!

Bint gets the watch she wanted from the fiancé-now-husband, he's happy cos it's cheaper than a Seamaster, she's happy because it's shiny and basically made by the same people anyway, and unsurprisingly she completely disappears off the forum. Forum forgets who she is.

I don't know if anyone else goes through forum/newsgroup phases (mine have been ascii-art, overclocking, tropical fish tanks, fancy-rat keeping & cycling amongst others) and I remember fondly each community, it's weird how you fall into and out of these things.

Anyway I hope you're all grand!

~Sara

Grand Master
    bonkers post of the day! welcome back!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Thanks! Seems the place has seen a selling-not-selling confusion recently - hope Eddie doesn't still have more work than he can comfortably cope with on his hands

Master
    Welcome back.

Master
    Fancy rat keeping eh? And I thought coffee fora were sad.

Well sometimes you need a little advice on how to train one's rats... They make great pets by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Well sometimes you need a little advice on how to train one's rats... They make great pets by the way!
    In the world of rattery is there an equivalent of Haute Horology, special breeds that cost a fortune and have to be sent to Switzerland to be serviced?

Bint gets the watch she wanted from the fiancé-now-husband, he's happy cos it's cheaper than a Seamaster, she's happy because it's shiny and basically made by the same people anyway, and unsurprisingly she completely disappears off the forum. Forum forgets who she is.
    Certainly not, Sara. How's married life treating you? Everything here is just the same; only the names and some of the specific insults have changed.

Always found that litter training rats was surprisingly easy. Plus, shaking the Yoggie pot is far more effective than a clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    In the world of rattery is there an equivalent of Haute Horology, special breeds that cost a fortune and have to be sent to Switzerland to be serviced?
    You do get special breed, when I was on the forum they were all about the 'Dumbo' rats - which look how they sound, bigger and lower placement of ears. Sadly none of them last very long, generally 2 years seems to be the average life span, 3 if you're lucky - seems they all get got by cancers in the end. Servicing is not much help.

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Certainly not, Sara. How's married life treating you? Everything here is just the same; only the names and some of the specific insults have changed.
    Very well thank you :) We even seem to be nicer to each other lately, is that how it's supposed to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Always found that litter training rats was surprisingly easy. Plus, shaking the Yoggie pot is far more effective than a clicker.
    Oh totally. Mine just went straight for the tray almost instantly. I also miss having a friendly shoulder-rat wiffling in my ear.

Welcome back Sara,

Not much has changed, some decent forum members and a handful of nucts,

same old same old as they say.

Oh totally. Mine just went straight for the tray almost instantly. I also miss having a friendly shoulder-rat wiffling in my ear.
    Just one left now. He's more a lap-rat.

Had a heart-breaking dumbo experience last year, were we lost two in close succession. Cancers, as you say. One went in a matter of days, and literally lived on my shoulder, perched under my neck for the entire time.
    Last edited by Broussard; 3rd February 2016 at 17:21.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi again sara

good to see you back.

mike

Blog Entries
    Hello! Welcome back. :-)

fancy rat keeping
    Had to let mine go - that rat was too damn fly for keeping.

Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Just one left now. He's more a lap-rat.

Had a heart-breaking dumbo experience last year, were we lost two in close succession. Cancers, as you say. One went in a matter of days, and literally lived on my shoulder, perched under my neck for the entire time.
    Oh poor you :/ poor little thing, too.

Also, thanks all for the welcomes back ;)