closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show me your Damasko DA37's please.

Journeyman

Show me your Damasko DA37's please.

With the purchase of my Black Bay last year I promised my wife that that was it, no more watches for yours truly. I made a conscious effort to stay away from this forum so that I would not be tempted. Well that has lasted 53 weeks, can't help myself, I have fallen for the crisp lines of the Damasko DA37 I am now in the process of saving up for one, even told my wife, so I must be serious.

So for no other reason than I just love looking at it, please show me what you got. Any stories of how and why, any personal reviews would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Deploderer; 31st January 2016 at 17:24.

Back before Damasko recommenced production I became obsessed with collecting all 3 full lume models.

It took some doing but

The DA37 was actually the easiest to get as Eddie had a few for sale

It's a cracking watch and one of many I shouldn't have sold, but what's a serial flipper to do?

As with all the Damasko's I've had it was reliable, accurate and with the hardened case, very durable.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Did you miss the DA47? 😛

Back when any Damasko was a hen's tooth I was bitten by a bug for a DA37. Eventually, after a very long and fruitless search I got into some banter with a sadly non posting member now and we did a deal. I still have it years later, still looking like new. The dial looks different with every change in light. Also, it was once issued to a certain Cmr. J. Bond.... ;-)

F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    I had a DA36 some time ago - & really regretted selling it.

With a few £s in the Paypal account after a few sales I decided it was time to get another Damasko.

This time I went for the DA35...

I like the simplicity of the dial - no numerals, but with the splash of red to make it a bit more interesting.

z

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Did you miss the DA47? 
    It's the minimalism of the 37 that's got me. The 47 looks too "busy" for me.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Back before Damasko recommenced production I became obsessed with collecting all 3 full lume models.

It took some doing but

The DA37 was actually the easiest to get as Eddie had a few for sale

It's a cracking watch and one of many I shouldn't have sold, but what's a serial flipper to do?

As with all the Damasko's I've had it was reliable, accurate and with the hardened case, very durable.
    Mmmmmmmmmmm......................... thank you

Did you miss the DA47? 
    It wasn't made at the time.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    It wasn't made at the time.
    Only joking. Your picture above is what made me get a DA37 in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Back when any Damasko was a hen's tooth I was bitten by a bug for a DA37. Eventually, after a very long and fruitless search I got into some banter with a sadly non posting member now and we did a deal. I still have it years later, still looking like new. The dial looks different with every change in light. Also, it was once issued to a certain Cmr. J. Bond.... ;-)

My DA37 was # 37
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I'm drawn to these because of the build quality of late but why don't they do some models without a day /date? I can't be the only one who doesn't want to correct date changes either on those months or when it's stopped due to being worn in rotation. First world problem I know but the DA34 looks like a Sinn 556 beater to me. I've a WTB out of anyone has one to sell....

Ooh and a 37-38mm model would be great if Damasko are reading this!

Apprentice
    I had a DA37 on bracelet for just over a year and I must say that I loved it. It was so comfortable on wrist and the proportions of it are superb. The bracelet is amazing and dare I say the best I have had. I regret selling it and only did so to fund my FAVOURITE watch Tudor Black Bay Black. I am sure I will pick it up again at some point.

If you are undecided I would say go for it. Are you looking for it on bracelet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ateague View Post
    I had a DA37 on bracelet for just over a year and I must say that I loved it. It was so comfortable on wrist and the proportions of it are superb. The bracelet is amazing and dare I say the best I have had. I regret selling it and only did so to fund my FAVOURITE watch Tudor Black Bay Black. I am sure I will pick it up again at some point.

Well at least you know where it is Adam 😀

Apprentice
    Well at least you know where it is Adam 
    Ah David. How is it for you?

Master
    Really rather splendid but it is a rotation with several other things vying for attention as I have been busy with acquisitions lately. A nice problem to have!

Apprentice
    Really rather splendid but it is a rotation with several other things vying for attention as I have been busy with acquisitions lately. A nice problem to have!
    Glad to hear it is doing well with you. What have you been acquiring if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for the deviation on thread also...

Apprentice

Before padders...

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I'm drawn to these because of the build quality of late but why don't they do some models without a day /date? I can't be the only one who doesn't want to correct date changes either on those months or when it's stopped due to being worn in rotation. First world problem I know but the DA34 looks like a Sinn 556 beater to me. I've a WTB out of anyone has one to sell....

Ooh and a 37-38mm model would be great if Damasko are reading this!

Setting either my DA37 OR DC56 out of the box takes only a few seconds longer than a three handed time only watch, eg. my PRS-25 auto or Archimede manual wind watch. You shouldn't let such a perceived "problem" put you off.

Last edited by magirus; 2nd February 2016 at 15:27.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Setting either my DA37 OR DC56 out of the box takes only a few seconds longer than a three handed time only watch, eg. my PRS-25 auto or Archimede manual wind watch. You shouldn't let such a perceived "problem" put you off.

Ah, why did I sell mine.....

Looks amazing

Journeyman

No Adam, I'm defiantly decided, should have managed to save for it by May. Wasn't thinking about a bracelet, was going for the black strap with white seam, but now you've given me a conundrum. Bracelet or strap.............................or both?

Master
    Glad to hear it is doing well with you. What have you been acquiring if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for the deviation on thread also...
    Sorry for the slow reply but I spent most of yesterday on the M6 up and down to Preston then went to the amazing Leicester-Liverpool game so didn't get the opportunity to respond. In the past month I have picked up amongst other things a Speedy 3570, a SMP GMT and my X-33 has been repaired and returned. I am also in the process of acquiring a 1965 Breitling 806 which I have written about elsewhere here so you will see that my rotation is a little crowded at present as it is only fair to give each a chance!

To add some relevance back in, here is the watch in question on a Fluco 2 tone:

Tbh I think the grey NATO above looks miles better.
    Last edited by Padders; 3rd February 2016 at 08:00.

Mine's on a Hirsch Liberty at the moment.

F.T.F.A.

Master
    Still think it would look better without the day or even the day/date but that's irrelevant given it doesn't come like that and because I still want one anyway! The white faces seem to really suit them too which is contrary to my usual dark dial preference. I've a WTB if anyone is struggling to wear theirs. ...

Craftsman
    I rather like that, a change from dark faced watches, pardon my ignorance but is there a link to uk supplier? Cheers, JohnB4

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    I rather like that, a change from dark faced watches, pardon my ignorance but is there a link to uk supplier? Cheers, JohnB4
    https://www.pageandcooper.com/brands/damasko/

Craftsman
    Hi Chap, thanks for that, just had a little look,I'm very impressed, guess my wife will not be! Cheers, JohnB4

Craftsman
    Sorry, meant to also ask, any lume shots, (pref of DA37) Cheers, JohnB4

Master
    The lume is good but it's not crazy good. Much improved visibility over the DA36 but not as readable as, say, an Omega sword hands SMP or even a Seiko monster at 6am. Unless you went to bed at 2am that is!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    Sorry, meant to also ask, any lume shots, (pref of DA37) Cheers, JohnB4

The dial of a DA37 can look almost like parchment in a certain light, or it can glow green in the dark, with an almost infinite variety of subtle shades in between. Not great pictures, but you see what I mean.....

F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    So not only looks good in daylight, I like the idea of a glowing dial, Great pics, thank you. Cheers, JohnB4

Journeyman
    Well I've gone ahead and done it, only I've gone for the DA36 with Bracelet. Also ordered the leather strap and a couple of rubber ones. I have to say that Jonathan of Page and Cooper was a pleasure to deal with. I really can't wait for it to arrive :)

The lume is good but it's not crazy good. Much improved visibility over the DA36 but not as readable as, say, an Omega sword hands SMP or even a Seiko monster at 6am. Unless you went to bed at 2am that is!
    The low intensity lume and the matte hands are the let down on these watches for me. They look much better in daylight but generate a 'is that it?' reaction in the dark! The chronos are too tall too, which coupled with the cylindrical case is rather uncompromising on the wrist. Lovely quality watch but not a keeper for me.