closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

Well my Micro Wallet finally arrived: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st-wallet-ever

Verdict...

Pretty darn good!

It is (just) smaller than my Kisetsu Natsu (see last pic above).

It is beautifully machined (really - I would call it a work of art).

The band is a little tight - I've had to slim down to 4 cards plus the RFID shield from the 5 in the Natsu (OK as I just stick the other in my phone case)

I can fit 3 coins in the slot plus a couple under the band - the Natsu is slightly better here with a special coin pocket.

There were a lot of complainers in the comments on the project - mostly along the lines of "ooh it's going to be late - what's going wrong? You are useless for not PMing properly" and so on.

Personally, I would always bank on a Kickstarter being at least 1 month late and rising to 3 for more complex/made in China projects and even 6+ months for highly complex stuff. I don't understand why people think it's a shop - but I digress.

I recommend this as a minimal wallet and I'll give it a real try (I love my Natsu though).

I also recently (June) got another Kickstarter wallet - the Zallex 2.0 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wi/description

This was so simple an idea and so cheap that I had to back it (in fact I got 2). It works really well, particularly for those days when you need a little more space for coins - also highly recommended!

The only problem now is that I've any number of wallets and no money with which to fill them :-(

Cheers,

Mark C

Journeyman
    Perfect thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who is slimming down need to get rid of their old wallet?!

I'm currently using a metal cigarette box as a replacement after I lost my elephant wallet in the countryside in lincolnshire at a wedding (I didn't drink alcohol).

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Well my Micro Wallet finally arrived: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st-wallet-ever

Cheers,

Mark C
    Still waiting for my two...

Craftsman
    Very nice wallets but not the most practical ones I am afraid. The only way they manage to stay slim is due to their lack of usability.

Had my secrid miniwollit for a few weeks now and I must say I'm a convert...
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman

Clips

Go to Superior Titanium and check out the clips,never stretch and can hold large or small amounts of cash and cards.I have one for Euro and one for pounds for last three years andthey still snap closed on a single fiver.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Had my secrid miniwollit for a few weeks now and I must say I'm a convert...
    I bought mine around the time this thread started but only started using in the last few weeks. I'm also a convert although I still think I've forgot my wallet when checking my pockets.

Me too. Complete covert to Secrid.

I prefer the version with the card holder and wallet with clasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my kickstarter micro for a while now and I absolutely love it! I see they are now selling bigger straps but I think that defeats the purpose.

Master
    I recently bought a secrid and find it to be very good.
    My previous wallet was full of junk and this fits so much better in any pocket.
    A few nice comments too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jancik View Post
    Very nice wallets but not the most practical ones I am afraid. The only way they manage to stay slim is due to their lack of usability.
    Not sure I agree with this. What is impractical about a wallet that carries up to 6 cards, some notes, receipts AND enough coins to deal with car park issues whilst remaining small enough to sit unnoticed in your pocket?

One of my better moves was slimming down from a European style trifold inside pocket wallet to a tiny front pocket super slim wallet. It proved to me that there was no need to carry all of the junk around that had been with me for months (or years).

Not criticising your viewpoint, just genuinely interested why you think it so.

Cheers,

Mark C

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Not sure I agree with this. What is impractical about a wallet that carries up to 6 cards, some notes, receipts AND enough coins to deal with car park issues whilst remaining small enough to sit unnoticed in your pocket?

One of my better moves was slimming down from a European style trifold inside pocket wallet to a tiny front pocket super slim wallet. It proved to me that there was no need to carry all of the junk around that had been with me for months (or years).

Not criticising your viewpoint, just genuinely interested why you think it so.

Cheers,

Mark C

Totally agree with you there Mark.

Not easy to put just one note in or out with most of these wallets w/o taking them all - not very discrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Not easy to put just one note in or out with most of these wallets w/o taking them all - not very discrete.
    It's not that hard.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Jancik View Post
    Apart from my summer holiday, when I felt the need to carry a bit more cash at times and I used my Secrid, I've been using my even smaller Trove since getting it months ago. Perfectly useable.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Same for me. The Secrid is my "big" wallet but I use a Trove most of the time.

Yes, great thread! I'm going to start investigating and checking out the solutions presented herein.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Same for me. The Secrid is my "big" wallet but I use a Trove most of the time.

I have both and have been using the Secrid for ages now but after reading this I just loaded up my orange and blue Trove ready for work tomorrow I forgot how good the Trove is :)
    Last edited by andy armitage; 2nd November 2016 at 20:32.

Blog Entries
    Agree fully the Trove is my go to wallet ...amazing little thing.

I just added this carbon fiber Ridge to my Christmas list!

Master
    That Guinness looks like a pint of Coke

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    That Guinness looks like a pint of Coke
    You are so right. No head and very "thin" looking!

I've been using an All-Ett wallet since I first heard about them here in 2010. I bought two then, a Slim Original and a Slim Sport. Earlier this year I bought an RFID Slim Sport which I've been very happy with, until I saw this thread yesterday. Having read it, I went ahead and ordered a Secrid Miniwallet Original in dark brown leather from Slim Wallet Junkie yesterday. It arrived this morning and is now in my pocket. I've been able to get 5 cards in the aluminium card holder, my 3 main credit/debit cards and 2 flat loyalty cards. I've got my driving licence and another store card in the other two card locations along with two thin membership cards (RSBP and Chester Zoo). Finally I have a couple of £10 notes. I've only had to leave out 6 cards, none of which I use on even a weekly basis. I will add the loyalty cards to the wallet I keep in my glove box with other less used loyalty cards.

I'm really happy with the size of the Secrid. It is fractionally thicker than the All-Ett Sport but with a smaller footprint. The card mechanism is cool too.

Master
    Well I swapped wallets last night from the Secrid to the Trove which I am using today and I forgot how superb the Trove really is and as much as I like the Secrid I think the Trove will be the one I use on a daily basis now, a cracking little thing.

@ Phil

I have all my loyalty / membership card scanned in via the Key Ring app.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    @ Phil

I have all my loyalty / membership card scanned in via the Key Ring app.
    I've used the Stocard app on my iPhone to add all the loyalty cards I can. Unfortunately I have some which can't be added. I'll take a look at Key Ring to see if it offers any extras.

Couldn't help myself - had to order a trove as well! (Used code PIFI2016 for 10% off. £27 delivered).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alun View Post
    Couldn't help myself - had to order a trove as well! (Used code PIFI2016 for 10% off. £27 delivered).

That's the exact same one I have I love the colour and the wallet is fab.

Does anyone use (or tried) multi-account cards like Coin (now defunct) or Plastc?

Another vote for Trove, I've been using mine for 6 months or so, very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Does anyone use (or tried) multi-account cards like Coin (now defunct) or Plastc?
    I was a beta for Curve and it was okay. But it sorta felt like a solution to a problem that only exists for a small %.

The cards I use the most are Revolut and Monzo, home and abroad. Barely carry cash anywhere any more so I just have a simple card holder wallet but am tempted by those Ridge wallets.

This is what I use, it's under a tenner and well made. https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOPSUM-LOND...2B%234022&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    I was a beta for Curve and it was okay. But it sorta felt like a solution to a problem that only exists for a small %.

The cards I use the most are Revolut and Monzo, home and abroad. Barely carry cash anywhere any more so I just have a simple card holder wallet but am tempted by those Ridge wallets.
    I still am a curve Beta and it slimmed down my wallet no end. As you say it only affects a small % of the population - but its great adding up to 5 or 6 cards to it and only needing to carry one.

I added my points earning credit card, (VISA) my current account cards ( all 3 of them) and my company card - the reporting and itemising and receipt scanning options in the app make work and personal expense tracking a doddle.

Android app is coming end of the month they say.... https://www.imaginecurve.com/?r=AmCen
    Last edited by Xantiagib; 9th November 2016 at 11:58.

New arrival from Kickstarter... Tyred Wallet - made from a laser cut bicycle inner tube. Initial impressions excellent and I'll persevere for a bit.

It has far more capacity than the Micro and is a little thicker than the Natsu. Currently 8 cards (plus RFID protector), some notes/receipts and about £6 in coins with ease.

The cards are not as fiddly to remove as some either, recommended.

Cheers,

Mark C

I assume the idea is to reuse old inner tubes, which I really like. But...not so sure about the aesthetics. In other news, my Trove arrived and it is so much nicer (for me) than the kickstarter micro.

After reading this thread I went and bought a Vaultskin, wow why have I been trying to stuff a great big wallet in my pocket all these years

Big thank you chaps

I like to think that every time this thread gets a bump someone switches to a slimmer wallet :)

I like to think that every time this thread gets a bump someone switches to a slimmer wallet :)
    By Christmas, I will, too!

The Trove arrived today and makes the tiny Securid feel huge.

Liking it so far

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    The Trove arrived today and makes the tiny Securid feel huge.

Liking it so far
    I love the Secrid but when I changed over to the trove last week that was it for me as it does make the Secrid seem a bit bulky and the Trove is just superb and that is my daily wallet now for sure.

Have any trove owners tried the tags?
    Major attraction of the secrid for me was the rfid protection

Master
    I mainly use cash, day to day, so I assume these aren't for me?

I carry around 4/5 cards too

I couldn't tap and pay at Greggs with my card still in the wallet. Hardly scientific though

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Have any trove owners tried the tags?
    Major attraction of the secrid for me was the rfid protection

Craftsman
    I've had my kickstarter micro for a while now and I absolutely love it! I see they are now selling bigger straps but I think that defeats the purpose.

I have got a Micro as well and it is a very well engineered and functional. It hold 4 cards (debit/credit/RAC/licence) and enough notes for a few pints very well plus £1 coin x 3.

I'll see how the durability of the strap part goes, but so far so good. I would recommend it

This long thread has cost me the purchase of three new wallets already!

I bought a Secrid and a Wingback. The Secrid is a fabulous thing which always attracts comment when you flick the cards out. It's compact, but not terribly slim.

The Wingback on the other hand is both truly compact and wonderfully slim. If you think you could cope with just two or three cards and a few notes it's fantastic, and I can't recommend it highly enough! You also have the option to make it yourself and choose the thread colour if you buy the kit from Wingback.

Best wishes,
    Martyn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I mainly use cash, day to day, so I assume these aren't for me?

I carry around 4/5 cards too
    Well I carry around 6 cards and often have £200 in cash in my Trove wallet and it easily holds it and works perfectly as the cash is in the opposite side to the cards so all you pull out are the folded notes.

Craftsman
    I already have an aluminium ridge wallet but like the look of the Trove so I have ordered one to try, looking forward to getting it

Apprentice

Question Need advice

Hi all,

First, this is a great thread.

I'd appreciate your recommendations for a wallet, as per the following.

I'm looking for a wallet to carry 6-8 cards (2-3 of them embossed) and
    usually 10-15 bills.

Here are my preferences:
    The wallet needs to be able to accommodate US and/or foreign bills.
    The wallet can be made of leather and/or metal (I assume Aluminum). I don't
    like plastic or cloth or ripstop fabric wallets
    I don't require RFID protection.
    I prefer standard flat placing for the bills, not external to the wallet nor
    that they be held by some metal clip or rubber band.

I've looked at the Secrid wallet, it can't comfortably hold more than 2-4
    bills max.

The Wally BiFold Wallet seems nice but it holds the bills by a metal clasp
    that seems fragile and the rubber contour around the wallet will certainly
    deteriorate quite quickly. I once had a premium case for one of my phones
    that basically had the same design - and that's what happened to it.

I also looked at the Exentri, but their Web site does not mention the bill
    capacity. The Cascade Wallet also looks nice but again, I don't know how
    many bills the extra leather cover can hold.

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi Wisniak. I can carry alot more than 4 bills in my secrid. I havn't tested how many, but I often have up to 6 in there and haven't noticed any issues. But then they are folded of course - you can't place unfolded bills in a wallet that small - I most often use English pound notes and they are are alot larger than dollar bills.

Have you had a look at All - ett wallets. I'm fairly sure they'd have something that would fit the bill. Regards. Dave
    Last edited by seikopath; 17th November 2016 at 18:14.

Looking for some advice from the worthy 😀

Any ideas for a slim wallet with an I'd window? Using a spec ops wallet jnr, but thinking about slimming it down.