closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

I think you'll need the one with the popper if you carry any quantity of cash.

I use the slim and have noticed that as it's got older, it's stayed closed easier. But I rarely have much if any cash in it.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I have the mini and with a couple of cards in the leather slots and about 5 notes it balloons out slightly but the popper still fastens OK, I can’t see the slim staying shut in the same situation. I chose the mini as it gives a bit more security to the note compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Just as I thought, thanks for the advice

Blog Entries
    Still using the I-Clip here. Still impressed with the small size and easy front pocket carry, and ease of use. (no affiliation to the makers)

Six cards and £120 cash. (usually carry £200 cash in it)

And in it goes...

Some eejit showing how easy to use they are. (no brogues were worn making this video!)

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I saw that earlier whilst going through the thread, it does look good but he’s making it look awkward putting the notes back in. I suppose practice would sort that out. I’ll probably order one to get a hands on of it.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I dismissed the i-clip as a lot of reviews stated that construction was cheap and flimsy being made of plastic made to look like metal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    I dismissed the i-clip as a lot of reviews stated that construction was cheap and flimsy being made of plastic made to look like metal.

It is plastic but it's very strong and light. Have used one for a few years now with no problems and even the popper closure hasn't given up! To be honest everything else just seems too much bother to use.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asi17 View Post
    I saw that earlier whilst going through the thread, it does look good but he’s making it look awkward putting the notes back in. I suppose practice would sort that out. I’ll probably order one to get a hands on of it.
    It does take some practice, but I'd rather it take a few seconds more to put the notes in and have the smallness and lightness.

Amazing. I go onto this thread for a few mins to look at wallets and then this.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Amazing. I go onto this thread for a few mins to look at wallets and then this.

<pic>
    Same happened to me. See bottom of previous page.

My thin elastic Crabby Gear wallet has started showing some signs of wear so I thought I'd switch things up and buy one of those carbon fiber types. When I put my credit cards etc. into it, it looked as thick as my old "dad wallet!" So, I ordered a replacement from Crabby Gear and I'm happy again: extremely light, flexible, and ergonomic.

Journeyman
    I've tried a few, like the Phantom Wallet, Radix One, Belroy Slim etc. but have consistently found the Secrid to be best

I ordered my third Trove yesterday. I went back to the classic model, without the pull tab, as I find that I don’t use it. Also decided to try the ‘reflex’ vegan material as I find the leather discolours in my pocket.

Craftsman
    Still on my first Secrid "vintage leather" or how you call that aged brown, after reading here about it and I would buy it again, but so far it is holding up much longer thn a conventional wallet.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    Still on my first Secrid "vintage leather" or how you call that aged brown, after reading here about it and I would buy it again, but so far it is holding up much longer thn a conventional wallet.
    I've had mine for over 4 years and its still going strong.

Master
    I got this Dents card holder last Christmas. Works for me, but I rarely carry cash. It has RFID protection, but I bought it because it was blue. :)

https://www.dentsgloves.com/en/mens-...ng-protection/
    Last edited by gerrudd; 24th July 2019 at 23:49.

Blog Entries
    Still can't find anything as small as the I-Clip which can carry the same amount of cards and cash. Still looking.

Journeyman
    Tried a Secrid miniwallet and really like it. Maybe slightly too thick for back you see pocket carrying.

I’ve received and i-clip today. So far find it really good and light weight. Time will tell!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    Tried a Secrid miniwallet and really like it. Maybe slightly too thick for back you see pocket carrying.

I’ve received and i-clip today. So far find it really good and light weight. Time will tell!
    I found it took me a while to get used to folding notes. But for a front pocket carry, I still can't find anything smaller or easier to use.

Craftsman
    Another vote for the Secrid Miniwallet.
    Bought a vintage blue leather several months ago after reading this thread and am quite comfortable with it now.

I’ve been trying out a few minimal wallets. For size, I keep going back to Loft of Cambie WOLYT. I’ve got two and the sailcloth version looks better than the leather after a few months of use.

I’ve also tried the cheap trove copies from amazon...these aren’t too bad if you want to avoid paying £30 for a short piece of elastic and small piece of leather. Do a search for pal&sam...£7.95.

Carl Friedrik does some nice leather products. I have a briefcase from them and recently ordered the Swanfield wallet. Not the soonest, but compact and looks excellent.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I found it took me a while to get used to folding notes. But for a front pocket carry, I still can't find anything smaller or easier to use.
    Just grabbed the rfid card too. Now a complete set lol

Blog Entries
    Haven’t bothered with that, but handy if it’s a worry.

Blog Entries
    Interested to know how you are getting on with it?

Craftsman
    Still can't find anything as small as the I-Clip which can carry the same amount of cards and cash. Still looking.
    Once again, Superior Titanium website,any Viper clip can carry large or small amounts and retain a tight grip.I have two and they are a few years old but still snap tight on cards and money of any amounts. Solid no fuss product.

I changed from the Loft of Cambie to purchasing a Secrid vintage brown wallet I bought off SC. It's an excellent wallet and hardly noticeable in a front pocket.
    4x pop up cards, not many notes, driving licence. Oh! and a pound coin for the shopping trolley lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Once again, Superior Titanium website,any Viper clip can carry large or small amounts and retain a tight grip.I have two and they are a few years old but still snap tight on cards and money of any amounts. Solid no fuss product.
    Small and light yes, have to agree. But for ease of use I would still go with the I-Clip. And I prefer separating the cards and notes and being able to access the notes and cards quickly. Having said that, I think I’ll have to try one and see sometime.

Master
    Vaultskin get my vote.

I have one of these as my daily wallet.

And one of these if I need to go minimal

Craftsman
    Also slimmed down mine by installing the Stocard app on my phone so no need for any loyalty cards filling it up.

TROVE Wallets PSA

Before I started using my Secrid, I enjoyed using a Trove wallet, and still sometimes carry it. It is truly minimal.
    The company are running a 20% discount currently - simply apply the code SIMPLE20 at checkout. Takes most down from £30 to below £25 before shipping.
    I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Before I started using my Secrid, I enjoyed using a Trove wallet, and still sometimes carry it. It is truly minimal.
    The company are running a 20% discount currently - simply apply the code SIMPLE20 at checkout. Takes most down from £30 to below £25 before shipping.
    I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer.
    Cheers - just bought another.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Trove are brilliant, so compact and carry a surprising amount of card and notes. I get a new one every couple of years for Christmas and get the kids to design it for me so it’s a nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name

Want to slim down your wallet?

I’’m coming to the end of my second Trove and can’t wait to try my new mini Secrid having read a number of great reviews here.
    I much preferred the tab that makes removing a card from the Trove which is no doubt a great improvement, however it’s time for a change as it’s now broken from the ribbon.
    B

Journeyman
    Anyone bought any new wallets?

Still using the i-clip here :)

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    I’’m coming to the end of my second Trove and can’t wait to try my new mini Secrid having read a number of great reviews here.
    I much preferred the tab that makes removing a card from the Trove which is no doubt a great improvement, however it’s time for a change as it’s now broken from the ribbon.
    B
    Aaaah Troves, I still like them My Trove with the tab is still going strong no issues. I also got a version one in case that fails! The Trove Cash Wrap I also have lying around isn't that great. Way too bulky and cumbersome. I've noticed they got a a new one, a coin caddy - again like the cash wrap, it looks too thick https://www.trove.cc/collections/trove-coin-caddy

Be interested in your views on Secrid coming from a Trove - they've never appealed to me.

Anyone bought any new wallets?

Still using the i-clip here :)

No need for me, my Secrid has been in use for a few years now and looks and feels like it could do a good few more. If it were to fail in any way I'd get another without even looking at other options.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    No need for me, my Secrid has been in use for a few years now and looks and feels like it could do a good few more. If it were to fail in any way I'd get another without even looking at other options.
    I've got a secrid card holder but also like to carry some cash and don't like the extra slide tray you can get with the secrid card holder.. As a pure card holder it's awesome. And the secured wallet (with the card holder and leather bit for cash) is too bulky for my liking.

The I-clip covers cash and cards and stays skim. Only other decent one I've found is the trove swift (which I also own)

Still find Loft of Cambie Sports WOLYT sleeve hard to beat. Shame they stopped producing them. I tried Secrid but hate carrying round a big chunk of metal. I might switch back to iClip...I just wasnt really sure about the strength of the clip and cards sliding out. With only 4 or 5 cards, it always felt loose to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Still find Loft of Cambie Sports WOLYT sleeve hard to beat. Shame they stopped producing them. I tried Secrid but hate carrying round a big chunk of metal. I might switch back to iClip...I just wasnt really sure about the strength of the clip and cards sliding out. With only 4 or 5 cards, it always felt loose to me.
    Been using an I-Clip for a few years now, and never worried about cards falling out. Usually have between 4 and 7 cards in mine. 7 at the moment and up to £200 cash in 20s and 10s. I keep looking at other makes but everything else is bigger or more complicated.

Journeyman
    Been using an I-Clip for a few years now, and never worried about cards falling out. Usually have between 4 and 7 cards in mine. 7 at the moment and up to £200 cash in 20s and 10s. I keep looking at other makes but everything else is bigger or more complicated.
    Exactly this. The i-clip does it all. I've read about the plastic snapping, not sure how or what people do to snap it, just make sure you get a genuine one.

Another I've seen recently is the XSTO https://akeeni.com/products/xsto-wallet

Looks interesting, but could be too thick and its an all metal body.
    Last edited by bigup; 10th November 2020 at 11:12.

Blog Entries
    Exactly this. The i-clip does it all. I've read about the plastic snapping, not sure how or what people do to snap it. Such make sure you get a genuine one.

Another I've seen recently is the XSTO https://akeeni.com/products/xsto-wallet

Looks interesting, but could be too thick and its an all metal body.
    Looks interesting have to look for a video of it.

Journeyman
    The WOLYT on sale right now on slimwalletjunkie, tempted to try it out.

https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/col...c-cobalt-brown

Anyone long term users of this wallet recommend it?

I've been pretty happy with my Secrid for a long time now, other than how grubby the inside always seems to get, and the faff of that plastic flap for notes.

Anyway, I took advantage of the SWJ sale to pick up a Trove Swift for a change.

The WOLYT on sale right now on slimwalletjunkie, tempted to try it out.

https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/col...c-cobalt-brown

Anyone long term users of this wallet recommend it?
    I've got two. As a result of this thread, I've pretty much been through every minimalist wallet possible and WOLYT sleeves are my favourite. They are probably the smallest and most convenient way of carrying 6 or 7 cards. You get one pocket either side for the most used cards and the central section which has a pull tab for the rest. In terms of height and width, it is smaller than other minimal wallets.

Using BF2020 takes this one down to less than £20 which is a bargain...

https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/col...ic-black-brown

I actually preferred the 'sports' model which substituted the leather for nylon all over. The only issue I found with the tan colour leather is that it started to look a bit dirty whereas the sports model stayed like new much longer.

Unfortunately they stopped making the sports model and then expanded their range into the Flip WOLYT and now seem to be phasing out the WOLYT sleeve entirely, which is dumb because they basically just turned a well designed product into yet another full-sized wallet.

Having been through most of the slim wallets on this thread, thought I would add a quick review of a selection of them. I am someone who never carries cash...no notes or coins. I have 6 cards (driving licence, work ID, oyster card and 3 payment cards) of which 2 get pulled out of the wallet regularly (oyster and 1 payment card).

Trove - pricey for what it is...I felt a bit ripped off, like I may as well have carried the cards around with an elastic band around them.

Secrid - I bought the metal card protector. It's pretty substantial and good for accessing all your cards but does make you feel like you are carrying a chunk of metal around in your pocket. Stopped using it because you really can't put anything else in your pocket with it...keys will most likely scratch the finish of the card protector and putting the card protector in the same pocket as your phone will most likely scratch the phone.

Tumi Card Sleeve - Much like any other standard leather card sleeve, by putting one card in each slot bulks it out and makes it hard to pull out each card. Abandoned pretty quickly.

WOLYT Sleeve - Probably the best card wallet I've come across for 6/7 cards. Really convenient to have 2 regularly used cards and the rest in the central pull tab section. Wallet dimensions really small. As described above, preferred the sports version but would definitely recommend the leather version. LoC seem to have made the bizarre decision to stop making this wallet and just produce a full sized one for cash and cards.

i-Clip - Really like this one and one I'm currently using. Holds a few more cards as the WOLYT. Only reason I've switched is for a change (and the denim version matches my denim Railmaster...sad I know!)

I carry this for credit cards, IDs, and folded bills. It is inexpensive, sturdy, and compact.

Samsill 81220 Regal Leather Business Card Holder

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsill-Reg.../dp/B000A6V0YE

Master
    They are probably the smallest and most convenient way of carrying 6 or 7 cards. You get one pocket either side for the most used cards and the central section which has a pull tab for the rest. In terms of height and width, it is smaller than other minimal wallets.

Using BF2020 takes this one down to less than £20 which is a bargain...
    Thanks for sharing. I've ordered one. The original was sold out so bought the RFID version.

Journeyman
    Having been through most of the slim wallets on this thread, thought I would add a quick review of a selection of them. I am someone who never carries cash...no notes or coins. I have 6 cards (driving licence, work ID, oyster card and 3 payment cards) of which 2 get pulled out of the wallet regularly (oyster and 1 payment card).

Trove - pricey for what it is...I felt a bit ripped off, like I may as well have carried the cards around with an elastic band around them.

Secrid - I bought the metal card protector. It's pretty substantial and good for accessing all your cards but does make you feel like you are carrying a chunk of metal around in your pocket. Stopped using it because you really can't put anything else in your pocket with it...keys will most likely scratch the finish of the card protector and putting the card protector in the same pocket as your phone will most likely scratch the phone.

Tumi Card Sleeve - Much like any other standard leather card sleeve, by putting one card in each slot bulks it out and makes it hard to pull out each card. Abandoned pretty quickly.

WOLYT Sleeve - Probably the best card wallet I've come across for 6/7 cards. Really convenient to have 2 regularly used cards and the rest in the central pull tab section. Wallet dimensions really small. As described above, preferred the sports version but would definitely recommend the leather version. LoC seem to have made the bizarre decision to stop making this wallet and just produce a full sized one for cash and cards.

i-Clip - Really like this one and one I'm currently using. Holds a few more cards as the WOLYT. Only reason I've switched is for a change (and the denim version matches my denim Railmaster...sad I know!)
    Thanks. Nice summary there.

Have gone for the WOLYT Sleeve, £19 ish delivered.

I also use a i-clip, secrid and have a Trove swift, but fancy a change.

Agree with the secrid, for me it’s too substantial of a wallet to have in my back pocket, it’s pretty nifty though when in use at a checkout.

I’m trying to use Apple wallet more now too, So hopefully will use my wallet a bit less but force of habit, it’s easier and quicker to get the wallet out and pay.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I've ordered one. The original was sold out so bought the RFID version.
    Sorry. That may of been me a little earlier on :)