closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orlando holiday

Orlando holiday

I am trying to book a orlando holiday staying preferably around kissimmee area , in the next week or so anyone been recently , reading the trip advisor reviews for hotels are frightening. Any recommendations welcome
    Or alternative accomadation suggestions

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’ve not been for a few years but I stayed on international drive ,both times in hotels,one was called the avanti and one was a doubletree near seaworld,they weren’t the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in ,but overall decent,plus everything you want is within walking distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Staying at the Rosen Inn on I-drive next week. We have family there already in same hotel and say it's all good. Decent budget, clean, tidy and well placed. HTH.

I'll be able to see for myself in a couple of days. Previously we've just rented a villa locally which has cost a lot more. This is an experiment for us.

We’ve stayed twice at “Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake”. The last time was in 2017, so a while ago. We had a large two bed apartment with living area and full kitchen which was great. It’s only 20 minutes from Disney so well positioned. They do try to get you to go in a tour to sell you a time share but just keep on saying no. There are a couple of supermarkets nearby to get food.

I think you'd benefit in saying how many adults/children/ages in your party - to get non-hotel accommodation recommendations.

Who can share etc.

Blog Entries
    Not near Kissimmee, but we stayed here every time we went https://www.vistacayholidays.com.

In fact, my wife travels regularly to Orlando for conventions and she always books a condo at Vista Cay (smaller than the ones we booked as a family). It's conveniently located near the big amusement parks, International Drive is only minutes away. The resort is built next to a (for Americans a small) shopping centre with Publix, a pharmacist and some other useful stores at walking distance. It's a safe area and great for a morning run as well.

A few pointers: Orlando has two airports, take notice where you land and leave; one is 45mins drive from Orlando, the other one only 15mins. A trip to the Ocean is about an hour: go to the east, one hour drive on a relatively quiet road, towards the Space Coast/Cocoa Beach. Lots to do there, including the NASA sight and a little south, Ron Jon's Surf Shop. Further south: Lori Wilson's Park. Great for a day at the beach. Even further south: the NAVY Seals Museum.

If you want info on Universal Studios, drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post

A few pointers: Orlando has two airports, take notice where you land and leave; one is 45mins drive from Orlando, the other one only 15mins.
    McCoy and Sanford.

Sanford's further out but quieter and much easier to get through and the car rentals are just across the road.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

I stayed in Holiday inns, Best Westerns etc back in the day and they were all decent basic accommodation.

I don't think you need to worry OP.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Thanks guys ,me and my partner we dont plan on doing all the parks .i photograph birds and want to get some osprey photos so will be wanting to travel around and see some of the country, i would be happy with a small villa or condo ,i want to get to vero beach a couple of Days
    Was either thinking of disney ,or universal and sea world which i am guessing would take up about five days or So

Blog Entries
    Btw, every time we get into the rental car when in. Florida, we play this song:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dzLB4xAY10Y

Quote Originally Posted by mav112 View Post
    Thanks guys ,me and my partner we dont plan on doing all the parks .i photograph birds and want to get some osprey photos so will be wanting to travel around and see some of the country, i would be happy with a small villa or condo ,i want to get to vero beach a couple of Days
    Was either thinking of disney ,or universal and sea world which i am guessing would take up about five days or So

If you get down to the Melbourne beach area where my son lives you could rent a boat on the Banana/Indian river.

Loads of Ospreys have their nests on the top of boat speed limit signs and are easily spotted.

Certainly worth a trip to The Everglades too for birds and wildlife.

BTW If you get to Vero Beach there is a great outlet mall there.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

I usually go every year, sometimes twice per year.

I Drive is variable in quality depending on where you stay, anything past the new Universal hotels on the site of the old Wet n Wild deteriorates in quality in my opinion.

If you want to stay on I Drive then my advice would be to stay near Pointe Orlando which means Rosen, Hilton and a few others. The restaurants are nicer down that end and you can walk rather than drive.

Be prepared for it to be expensive, costs in America have spiralled and eating in and out is a lot of money. Groceries are eye watering in price.

Don’t discount staying on Disney property or near Disney springs. Even if you’re not going to the parks, these hotels have the best transport, and the quality of the restaurants is fantastic. The accommodation is expensive here but it’s for a reason, it is infinitely better in standard in my opinion.

Kissimmee and the general 192 are is very hit and miss, there are some fantastic hotels and restaurants but it also gets very much like Blackpool depending on where you are. Celebration is a nice place to stay near the 192.

Champions Gate and Davenport are close enough but far away enough to the action to have a nice break in without it being too crowded.

We’re there again at the beginning of April. So if you have any questions then I’m more than happy to help.

Craftsman
    We stayed in Windsor Hills and really liked it.

As above food has gone crazy in price. Can't believe how expensive groceries are.

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Hi Mav112

I’m currently at Avanti International and it’s great for our needs. It’s clean, tidy, and decently located. Knowing my wife it will be the best she could find at the lower end of a budget which works for me as we spend so little time at the hotel whilst in Orlando.

Thanks everyone for your help .I have now booked a Hotel

Master
    I last went 15 years ago and a fair bit as a teenager. Half the fun was being able to buy food and clothes etc at half the price as the UK. Before the internet you could also get gear not available over here. I’m not sure I could justify Orlando given the current prices. Also, looking back the food was just grim masses of ultra processed crap, (which to be fair was great when you don’t know better). The theme parks we’re eye opening though, massive people with a litre of Coke in one hand and a turkey leg in the other going from one air conditioner to another. Also, I always liked Sea World, but again we know better now, a marine graveyard.

Back home after a fantastic time Hotel was really nice we had breakfast included , which turned out to be really Handy, Cost of things is expensive now compared to how I remember things used to be , probably about the same as the uk in General. Fuel was really Cheap we drove about 1000 Miles and spent about £90. plus about £30 0n tolls

Weather was great plenty hot enough and sunny All day. the wild life was better than I had hoped For
    some Photos Here
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/robd12/

will Defiantly be going back again

Master
    Blog Entries
    What fabulous pics - and having missed post #9 first time around, not what I was expecting :)

Quote Originally Posted by mav112 View Post
    Back home after a fantastic time Hotel was really nice we had breakfast included , which turned out to be really Handy, Cost of things is expensive now compared to how I remember things used to be , probably about the same as the uk in General. Fuel was really Cheap we drove about 1000 Miles and spent about £90. plus about £30 0n tolls

Weather was great plenty hot enough and sunny All day. the wild life was better than I had hoped For
    some Photos Here
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/robd12/

will Defiantly be going back again
    Great pics! Florida is a superb destination for wildlife.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Journeyman
    Nice pics Mav, glad you enjoyed it.