closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post
    Looking for some advice from the worthy 

Any ideas for a slim wallet with an I'd window? Using a spec ops wallet jnr, but thinking about slimming it down.
    Again, have a look at All - ett
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Again, have a look at All - ett
    Cheers will do.

Apprentice

Yes I have

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Hi Wisniak. I can carry alot more than 4 bills in my secrid. I havn't tested how many, but I often have up to 6 in there and haven't noticed any issues. But then they are folded of course - you can't place unfolded bills in a wallet that small - I most often use English pound notes and they are are alot larger than dollar bills.

Have you had a look at All - ett wallets. I'm fairly sure they'd have something that would fit the bill. Regards. Dave
    Thank you, Dave. I have looked at their products.
    I need to decide between the SECRID and the Mani Wonders, which looks nice as well but it's very expensive.

I can highly recommend Popov, I've got one of their cardholders and a cover for a Hobonichi planner. He does great work that should last an age.

Quote Originally Posted by wisniak View Post
    Hi all,

First, this is a great thread.

I'd appreciate your recommendations for a wallet, as per the following.

I'm looking for a wallet to carry 6-8 cards (2-3 of them embossed) and
    usually 10-15 bills.

Here are my preferences:
    The wallet needs to be able to accommodate US and/or foreign bills.
    The wallet can be made of leather and/or metal (I assume Aluminum). I don't
    like plastic or cloth or ripstop fabric wallets
    I don't require RFID protection.
    I prefer standard flat placing for the bills, not external to the wallet nor
    that they be held by some metal clip or rubber band.

I've looked at the Secrid wallet, it can't comfortably hold more than 2-4
    bills max.

The Wally BiFold Wallet seems nice but it holds the bills by a metal clasp
    that seems fragile and the rubber contour around the wallet will certainly
    deteriorate quite quickly. I once had a premium case for one of my phones
    that basically had the same design - and that's what happened to it.

I also looked at the Exentri, but their Web site does not mention the bill
    capacity. The Cascade Wallet also looks nice but again, I don't know how
    many bills the extra leather cover can hold.

Thank you,

Daniel
    One of these guys' "Aki" wallets would probably do you... https://kisetsu.co/collections/all-products

I've got the "Natsu" which is a bit small for what you need but a great wallet. The "Aki" is a more traditional billfld but still VERY slim and with much greater cash capacity.

Cheers,

Mark C

Master
    Just received a Trove, and have to say I think I'm hooked.

Takes 7 cards with ease, and separate sections for notes.

I have 5x £20 notes in one side, and 5x £10 notes in the other.

Can hardly feel it in my pocket!

If you're on the fence, Trove are certainly worth a look.

Craftsman
    Received my Trove today - great bit of kit and much lighter than the Ridge wallet

I've also buckled under popular opinion and ordered a trove in 'ocean'

Apprentice

Did not like the style

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    One of these guys' "Aki" wallets would probably do you... https://kisetsu.co/collections/all-products

I've got the "Natsu" which is a bit small for what you need but a great wallet. The "Aki" is a more traditional billfld but still VERY slim and with much greater cash capacity.

Cheers,

Mark C
    Thank you for the answer, however I did not like the way they look.

Today I purchased a SECRID Slimwallet Vintage Black from the Slim Wallet Junkie, following the tips given here.
    I went to a local store to try it out, inserted my top 5 cards (2 of them embossed) and they fit well. I could probably insert another one.
    I also put 10 bills, 5 on each side. They also fit but certainly gave the wallet a noticeable thickness.
    But despite this, it looked very nice so I placed an order and it should arrive within a few days.

However I'm still looking, since I don't really like the idea of having folded bills.
    I checked reviews and videos of the Distil Union Wally Bifold and its variations (Lemontec, Agog). They look nice and in one Youtube review the guy showed he could easily insert 12 cards and 15 bills, but I'm concerned about the bill size.
    Turns out there's a size diference between US and European bills (the latter being larger), so it's importand to choose the right wallet. If the bills are too large, they will stick out and possibly could be displaced out of the wallet.

I also saw the following products:
    http://www.palmwest.com/moneyclips.aspx
    The 225RFID-A looks very nice and offers several colors. The 226 Tombstone Money Clip also looks nice. But both fit only US bills.
    So I wrote their support and they recommended the 225I International Money Clip Wallet, which sadly only has one color.
    Last edited by wisniak; 19th November 2016 at 06:08.

Apprentice

Web site/membership passwords management app

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdave View Post
    I assume it is this: https://www.keyringapp.com/

Downloaded it and seems really helpful, but I only have 2 loyalty cards, and one of those (Shell) needs to be swiped so cant be imported. Still, looks like a helpful app if you have several to get rid of.
    I use Data Vault.
    They have a separate license for iOS, Android, Windows. I have purchased all three, as I have an iPad, a Windows 10 desktop and an Android phone (don't ask...).
    You can sync between them so that any change is reflected in all platforms (I sync using Dropbox although you can also sync via WIFI).
    Thier UI is somewhat outdated, but this is negligible compared to the app versatility. I tried several other password apps (not the one mentioned here) and found Data Vault to be the most versatile.

I've been using a Secrid Miniwallet for 3 years now (after reading about it on here) and it's brilliant. The Trove looks pretty neat and I may be wrong here, but in practical use it looks like it would be a backward step after using a Secrid.

The way the Secrid fans out the cards from the clip is very useful and notes don't have to be folded first, you just put them into the "notes section" full length and closing the wallet folds them for you. It really is well designed and the build quality is great.

Rich.

The thing is rich, I think all wallets have a slightly different purpose, or rather the same purpose approached in a slightly different way
    Anyone going from a fat wallet to a slim wallet is going to (have to) change their usage / daily habits, and I think it's the same from going from one design of slim wallet to another also
    Its just a question of finding what suits you. I am very happy with my secridmw, but there are times when I think the trove would be more appropriate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie_101 View Post
    I've been using a Secrid Miniwallet for 3 years now (after reading about it on here) and it's brilliant. The Trove looks pretty neat and I may be wrong here, but in practical use it looks like it would be a backward step after using a Secrid.

The way the Secrid fans out the cards from the clip is very useful and notes don't have to be folded first, you just put them into the "notes section" full length and closing the wallet folds them for you. It really is well designed and the build quality is great.

Rich.
    Hi Rich

I have both wallets and have been using the Secrid for well over a year but in the last couple of weeks I started to use the Trove again as when I first got it and tried it I went back to the Secrid but now I much prefer it to the Secrid as it really is so comfortable to use and is quite a bit smaller as well, I don't miss how the Secrid fans the cards out and yes you have to fold the notes together and get them out together but it is so easy to use and now I won't be going back to the Secrid as I really do prefer the Trove.

Master
    I can see the advantages of the Secrid, but the pay off is more bulk. I know it's still small, but the Trove is even smaller and lighter. Horses for courses to an extent. I think everyone will have their own tipping point on the size-v-features argument.

I think I may try a Natsu, like the styling. Anyone have this and the Trove? Any comparison between the two?

Apprentice
    Great thread and just time, I've a thin wallet with moneyclip which has seen better days and need to get a new. I like the look the of the trove seems like it could be a nice replacement.

Great having a small wallet just wish I didn't keep losing it ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    Great having a small wallet just wish I didn't keep losing it ☹️
    I'm always setting my wallet down in 'safe places' too. Been looking at some of these smart wallets - they pair with an app on your phone and you are alerted as soon as you leave your wallet behind. Some even know what cards are in each slot and alert you if you've left a card beind (which I've done at tesco self scan!).

Some links...

Http://www.mywalli.com
    Https://www.woolet.co
    Http://eksterwallets.com

But do I really want another device in the house that needs charging?

I've ordered a crazy horse Natsu, will update here on thoughts when received.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    I've ordered a crazy horse Natsu, will update here on thoughts when received.
    I've got one and love it - enjoy yours!

Mark C

Craftsman
    if thats your style i have one of these and love it too... but just ordered a Trove to see what the fuss is about

http://craftandlore.com/collections/...nt=22023013255
    Last edited by subzeer0; 21st November 2016 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by subzeer0 View Post
    if thats your style i have one of these and love it too

http://craftandlore.com/collections/...nt=22023013255
    Trouble with that one is that it won't take coins :-(

Mark C

I stumbled upon some YouTube videos on the Crabby Wallet and decided to buy one...$14.95.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I've got one and love it - enjoy yours!

Mark C
    Yep thanks Mark, it was your post and pics that got me intrigued. Looked up a few you tube vids and tbh now I can't wait to get it!
    Looks like exactly what I need for those days when you want to go light - which will probably be most days if it's half as good as it looks.

I was aware of this thread but hadn't read any of it.

Anyway, my wife bought me a Hackett embossed Trove for my birthday.

I opened in at and thought wtf is this, and not in a good way. I was trying my best to hold back the disappointment.

Anyway, my wife shows me the video and then I get to use it. What a fantastic but of kit and I'm very pleased.

Clothes fashion has just got a bit tighter over the years and this is the perfect accessory.

It's about a quarter the size of my old wallet, and I'll not be going back. I'm smitten.

I bought a super small wallet in St James Market Piccadilly last week … good selection £15 and upwards on the leather stall.

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Received the Kisetsu Natsu Wallet and I've been using for the last couple of days. It's a fabulous small and beautifully made wallet in lovely 'Crazy Horse' leather.
    It's most definitely the wallet I needed and suits my usage down to the ground. Easy carry, light weight, compact and yet it holds my 5 most used cards and cash easily.
    The only slight issue I'm having is the coin flap area, I find it hard to get coins out of it again probably because it's new and needs to loosen up a bit.
    Anyway top wallet and thanks for mentioning it Mark.
    Last edited by Thorien; 27th November 2016 at 13:00.

I've been using the Trove for a while now and it is great. So much more usable than the kickstarter micro. Only problem is it's so small I forget to take it out sometimes. Found it at the end of a washing cycle the other day! The £5 notes were fine. If only all UK notes were plastic :)

Journeyman
    Just picked up on this thread, looks like I'm in the market for a new wallet now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alun View Post
    I've been using the Trove for a while now and it is great. So much more usable than the kickstarter micro. Only problem is it's so small I forget to take it out sometimes. Found it at the end of a washing cycle the other day! The £5 notes were fine. If only all UK notes were plastic :)
    The Trove is my favourite small wallet and is the one I use all the time now :)

I have been using a Ridge wallet (titanium and strap, not clip) and I am delighted with it
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    The great thing about the Trove is that it isn't hard it is softer and for me much more comfortable in your jeans front pocket.

The ridge is rigid. Less comfy in your front pocket. But it allows for an easy spread of the cards to choose the one you want. More importantly it's an RFID blocker.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    The ridge is rigid. Less comfy in your front pocket. But it allows for an easy spread of the cards to choose the one you want. More importantly it's an RFID blocker.
    Fair point I do miss the way my Secrid fanned out my cards but I can put up with it and the Secrid had the RFID blocker but in reality it isn't the problem that scaremongers would have you believe and I am fine without one.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Fair point I do miss the way my Secrid fanned out my cards but I can put up with it and the Secrid had the RFID blocker but in reality it isn't the problem that scaremongers would have you believe and I am fine without one.
    Oh I agree it's not a major thing (yet?)
    I do not like the idea that anyone can shake a contactless enabled receiver near one of my cards and get £30. Which is why I use Applepay, which at least requires my fingerprint.
    But I agree risk is minimal, especially in my countryside village

My new "Crabby" Wallet:

Journeyman
    Have an ECCO wallet in daily use for 7 years. The quality is top of the range. Not as slim as the wallets posted here but for me it's very convenient. I carry 8 cads and trifolded notes. Sorry for the crappie pictures.

I rotate through 4 wallets. I have one of the Aspinall cardholders, which I use when I (very rarely) go somewhere fancy in a suit. A Bellroy slim sleeve which is the one I use most - there are a lot of hidey holes in there, which has its plusses and minuses, but it's a slim wallet. A Braun Buffel with a money clip, which is a great thing - no note section, just a clip in the middle for notes, and a outside card holder for an oyster. Bit expensive, but not as expensive as my Launer, which is used when I'm going somewhere fancy in jeans :D It's stunning, but a very conventional wallet (does have two note compartments, so quite handy when traveling - but counter to that, it is flashy, so I don't use it as a traveling wallet)

https://www.aspinaloflondon.com/prod...e?currency=GBP

https://bellroy.com/products/slim-sl...let/eucalyptus

http://www.braunbuffel-asiapac.com/c...cho/chucho-312 (this is a newer version of the BB, I think, it is obvious mine has the clip when looking at the closed wallet)

http://launer.com/multi-colour-leather-wallet.html

I think I like the Braun Buffel best for slimming - there's no place to store receipts, so you bin them ASAP. It's lovely looking, but the lining stitching is failing on mine after about 4 years of constant use, and another two or three in rotation.

benwoodroffe
    I have a "crooked as another" wallet its ace

http://www.crookedasanother.com/gents-collection

Journeyman
    Looking a getting a secrid miniwallet

Do any of you who own one use it in a back trouser or jeans pocket ? What's it like to sit on etc ?

Or is it a front pocket kinda wallet ?

The trove is also on my shortlist as it comes well recommended on this thread

Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    Looking a getting a secrid miniwallet

Do any of you who own one use it in a back trouser or jeans pocket ? What's it like to sit on etc ?

Or is it a front pocket kinda wallet ?

The trove is also on my shortlist as it comes well recommended on this thread

Thanks.
    I have both of these wallets and they are both superb the Secrid I just kept it in my front jeans pocket and it felt fine but I now only use the Trove wallet again in my front pocket and because it doesn't have the aluminium card holder it is far more comfortable in fact you don't know you have it unless you feel your pocket so for me the Trove is the better wallet but others will prefer the Secrid and as I said they are both superb but my brown Secrid is sadly sat in a drawer not being used but that Trove takes some beating:)

I don't have a secrid but did have the kickstarted micro. But I absolutely love the trove!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    I have both of these wallets and they are both superb the Secrid I just kept it in my front jeans pocket and it felt fine but I now only use the Trove wallet again in my front pocket and because it doesn't have the aluminium card holder it is far more comfortable in fact you don't know you have it unless you feel your pocket so for me the Trove is the better wallet but others will prefer the Secrid and as I said they are both superb but my brown Secrid is sadly sat in a drawer not being used but that Trove takes some beating:)
    Quote Originally Posted by alun View Post
    I don't have a secrid but did have the kickstarted micro. But I absolutely love the trove!

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am now looking at the trove. Shame it doesn't have rfid protection

Damn can't believe I've missed this thread before! I'm not a fan of Secrid personally, though loads of friends swear by them. I do like the look of the Trove and Ridge though. Only issue is dealing with coins, but maybe this will help in disciplining with them....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I am now looking at the trove. Shame it doesn't have rfid protection
    The rfld protection doesn't bother me at all I don't think it's that big an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Only issue is dealing with coins, but maybe this will help in disciplining with them....
    Yes, those naughty coins. A short sharp talking to them usually does the trick.

Journeyman
    Ordered the Trove Eclipse :)

Last edited by bigup; 14th April 2017 at 15:42.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I mainly use cash, day to day, so I assume these aren't for me?

I carry around 4/5 cards too
    Once again,try Superior Titanium website and look at Viper clips.they grab and hold tight and take up less space than the notes they're holding on to.

Craftsman
    I have the secrid brown 5 card slot wallet, and it comfortably sits in my front jeans pocket.

I've had it about 2 years now, and use it every day.