closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

Craftsman
    I'm just deciding between the secrid slim and mini wallet.I like the cleaner look of the slim but am wondering how it would keep closed without the popper. I tend to carry up to £100 in notes generally. Any experience with this anyone?

I think you'll need the one with the popper if you carry any quantity of cash.

I use the slim and have noticed that as it's got older, it's stayed closed easier. But I rarely have much if any cash in it.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I have the mini and with a couple of cards in the leather slots and about 5 notes it balloons out slightly but the popper still fastens OK, I canít see the slim staying shut in the same situation. I chose the mini as it gives a bit more security to the note compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Just as I thought, thanks for the advice

Still using the I-Clip here. Still impressed with the small size and easy front pocket carry, and ease of use. (no affiliation to the makers)

Six cards and £120 cash. (usually carry £200 cash in it)

And in it goes...

Some eejit showing how easy to use they are. (no brogues were worn making this video!)

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.

Craftsman
    I saw that earlier whilst going through the thread, it does look good but heís making it look awkward putting the notes back in. I suppose practice would sort that out. Iíll probably order one to get a hands on of it.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I dismissed the i-clip as a lot of reviews stated that construction was cheap and flimsy being made of plastic made to look like metal.

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    I dismissed the i-clip as a lot of reviews stated that construction was cheap and flimsy being made of plastic made to look like metal.

It is plastic but it's very strong and light. Have used one for a few years now with no problems and even the popper closure hasn't given up! To be honest everything else just seems too much bother to use.

Quote Originally Posted by asi17 View Post
    I saw that earlier whilst going through the thread, it does look good but heís making it look awkward putting the notes back in. I suppose practice would sort that out. Iíll probably order one to get a hands on of it.
    It does take some practice, but I'd rather it take a few seconds more to put the notes in and have the smallness and lightness.

Amazing. I go onto this thread for a few mins to look at wallets and then this.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Amazing. I go onto this thread for a few mins to look at wallets and then this.

<pic>
    Same happened to me. See bottom of previous page.

My thin elastic Crabby Gear wallet has started showing some signs of wear so I thought I'd switch things up and buy one of those carbon fiber types. When I put my credit cards etc. into it, it looked as thick as my old "dad wallet!" So, I ordered a replacement from Crabby Gear and I'm happy again: extremely light, flexible, and ergonomic.

Journeyman
    I've tried a few, like the Phantom Wallet, Radix One, Belroy Slim etc. but have consistently found the Secrid to be best

I ordered my third Trove yesterday. I went back to the classic model, without the pull tab, as I find that I donít use it. Also decided to try the Ďreflexí vegan material as I find the leather discolours in my pocket.

Craftsman
    Still on my first Secrid "vintage leather" or how you call that aged brown, after reading here about it and I would buy it again, but so far it is holding up much longer thn a conventional wallet.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    Still on my first Secrid "vintage leather" or how you call that aged brown, after reading here about it and I would buy it again, but so far it is holding up much longer thn a conventional wallet.
    I've had mine for over 4 years and its still going strong.

Journeyman
    I got this Dents card holder last Christmas. Works for me, but I rarely carry cash. It has RFID protection, but I bought it because it was blue. :)

https://www.dentsgloves.com/en/mens-...ng-protection/
    Last edited by gerrudd; 24th July 2019 at 23:49.

Still can't find anything as small as the I-Clip which can carry the same amount of cards and cash. Still looking.

Journeyman
    Tried a Secrid miniwallet and really like it. Maybe slightly too thick for back you see pocket carrying.

Iíve received and i-clip today. So far find it really good and light weight. Time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    Tried a Secrid miniwallet and really like it. Maybe slightly too thick for back you see pocket carrying.

Iíve received and i-clip today. So far find it really good and light weight. Time will tell!
    I found it took me a while to get used to folding notes. But for a front pocket carry, I still can't find anything smaller or easier to use.

Craftsman
    Another vote for the Secrid Miniwallet.
    Bought a vintage blue leather several months ago after reading this thread and am quite comfortable with it now.

Iíve been trying out a few minimal wallets. For size, I keep going back to Loft of Cambie WOLYT. Iíve got two and the sailcloth version looks better than the leather after a few months of use.

Iíve also tried the cheap trove copies from amazon...these arenít too bad if you want to avoid paying £30 for a short piece of elastic and small piece of leather. Do a search for pal&sam...£7.95.

Carl Friedrik does some nice leather products. I have a briefcase from them and recently ordered the Swanfield wallet. Not the soonest, but compact and looks excellent.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I found it took me a while to get used to folding notes. But for a front pocket carry, I still can't find anything smaller or easier to use.
    Just grabbed the rfid card too. Now a complete set lol

Havenít bothered with that, but handy if itís a worry.

Interested to know how you are getting on with it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Still can't find anything as small as the I-Clip which can carry the same amount of cards and cash. Still looking.
    Once again, Superior Titanium website,any Viper clip can carry large or small amounts and retain a tight grip.I have two and they are a few years old but still snap tight on cards and money of any amounts. Solid no fuss product.

I changed from the Loft of Cambie to purchasing a Secrid vintage brown wallet I bought off SC. It's an excellent wallet and hardly noticeable in a front pocket.
    4x pop up cards, not many notes, driving licence. Oh! and a pound coin for the shopping trolley lol.

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Once again, Superior Titanium website,any Viper clip can carry large or small amounts and retain a tight grip.I have two and they are a few years old but still snap tight on cards and money of any amounts. Solid no fuss product.
    Small and light yes, have to agree. But for ease of use I would still go with the I-Clip. And I prefer separating the cards and notes and being able to access the notes and cards quickly. Having said that, I think Iíll have to try one and see sometime.

Journeyman
    Vaultskin get my vote.

I have one of these as my daily wallet.

And one of these if I need to go minimal

Craftsman
    Also slimmed down mine by installing the Stocard app on my phone so no need for any loyalty cards filling it up.