closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

I always carry mine in front pocket for security.

But it does take a while to get used to something so small.

One question on the new version does the tab just pull out one card or several?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I always carry the Trove in my front pocket why wouldn't you when it is so small 😊

I'm finding the new trove swift better made than version 1.

Also the tab makes life oh so much easier. Overall impressed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post

One question on the new version does the tab just pull out one card or several?
    It depends how many cards you keep in the 'underside' pocket which has the tab pull on: I keep my two most frequently used cards in there so it 'lifts' both up when you pull the tab out. Easy enough to just pull out whichever I need from there though.

Master
    I’ve just got a Bellroy Highline for Xmas and it looks ideal for me.

Takes 8-10 cards plus cash and quality seems good.

Front pocket carry for my Trove.
    I don't think the Swift is noticeably better made than the first version, but the card pull out tab is certainly more convenient.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    I’ve just got a Bellroy Highline for Xmas and it looks ideal for me.

Takes 8-10 cards plus cash and quality seems good.
    I’ve been looking at this or the note sleeve, anoyone know if Bellroy have a new year sale?

Been using a Ted Baker wallet recently and it’s dropping to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by simonedgar View Post
    I’ve been looking at this or the note sleeve, anoyone know if Bellroy have a new year sale?

Been using a Ted Baker wallet recently and it’s dropping to bits.
    Your best bet is working class heroes
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Your best bet is working class heroes
    Great thanks, 30% off

Master
    Was surprised to receive a new Secrid wallet to replace my four year old one. Like for like replacement. As you can see the first one I had has seen some use and abuse.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just received my one of these:

via Kickstarter. From the same people who did the inner tube wallet (Tyred wallet) that I also have.

It's REALLY good. They seem to be one of the few minimalist wallet companies that understand the need for coins.

Recommended!

Cheers,

Mark C
    Last edited by markc; 22nd January 2018 at 10:52.

Master
    I got this for xmas

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Lea...y+wallet&psc=1

I liked it due to the small size, internal money clip, drivers license display and easy acces to main bank card. Cheap as chips but decently made.
    Suits me to a tee and I definitely recommend it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I got this for xmas

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Lea...y+wallet&psc=1

I liked it due to the small size, internal money clip, drivers license display and easy acces to main bank card. Cheap as chips but decently made.
    Suits me to a tee and I definitely recommend it.
    But does it take British notes? Or are they too big?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    Was surprised to receive a new Secrid wallet to replace my four year old one. Like for like replacement. As you can see the first one I had has seen some use and abuse.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    How do you get on with banknotes in there?

Master

Craftsman

Trove Swift

NOW SOLD!!

As it was this thread that prompted me to back the Trove Swift on Kickstarter, I though I'd post a quick heads up here, as I'm about to list an unwanted one in Sales Corner

I backed the 3X wallet option, as two colleageues committed to one - one of those colleageues has finally told me that he now doesn't want his.

So I have an unused black, Trove Swift for sale at the original price of £20 and £2 P&P NOW SOLD

Will be listing on Sales Corner later on today after I get a chance to take photos

thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by Stevoc; 23rd January 2018 at 16:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    But does it take British notes? Or are they too big?
    5's and 10's are fine I have to fold 20's along their long edge though. It's about the only thing wrong with the wallet but I consider it a worthwhile trade off for the much increased pocketability and lower profile of the wallet. That and in 2 years there'll be a new smaller £20 anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    5's and 10's are fine I have to fold 20's along their long edge though. It's about the only thing wrong with the wallet but I consider it a worthwhile trade off for the much increased pocketability and lower profile of the wallet. That and in 2 years there'll be a new smaller £20 anyway.
    Thanks was wondering about that, 20's not fitting is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. Still using my I-clip and can get a couple hundred in notes in there.

Blog Entries
    So tried one of these..

https://www.expertverdict.com/ev/sop...it-card-wallet

but just can't get used to using the slider easily with my thumb to pop the cards up!!

So back to the I-Clip again.

Still looking for the perfect smallest wallet, but it's looking like the I-Clip is winning.

I have the secrid mini and love it. It's my daily wear. Bank notes are fine, unless you're a coke dealer and need to carry four grand in cash
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Bump, bump, bump! Trove are back with a new concept - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...list-cash-wrap

Super early bird, 50% off. I loved previous two versions and reckon this will be just as good. Looking forward to it!

I've backed it. Love my Troves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I've backed it. Love my Troves.
    So this new one can be used in conjunction with an existing Trove or alone. My biggest dilemma - for v1 I have orange/blue, the swift i have a green......what colour to get for the 3rd? Gotta ensure it doesn't clash

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    So this new one can be used in conjunction with an existing Trove or alone. My biggest dilemma - for v1 I have orange/blue, the swift i have a green......what colour to get for the 3rd? Gotta ensure it doesn't clash
    I went for the 2 for £38 super earlybird deal, but will decide on the colour later. I need the emerald green to be unlocked before it closes...

Master
    I've been using a Trove for ages now and love it. Thanks for the heads-up, just ordered the new one.

I went for the 2 for £38 super earlybird deal, but will decide on the colour later. I need the emerald green to be unlocked before it closes...
    My swift is emerald - fantastic colour and likely I also want that. If the last campaign was anything to go by, unlocking shouldn't be an issue....

I hate these types of threads... looks like I have a new wallet coming in a few months!

Craftsman
    Good news, Emerald is unlocked already!

Love my Trove, and have pledged for a cash wrap although not at all sure what standard colour way will suit...

Blog Entries
    Ooh…. I just backed it!!!

Edit…. Looks like a I got the very last early bird…. It said one left at any rate!
    Last edited by Wolfie; 9th October 2018 at 17:27.

Master
    Almost forgot I had posted in here. Get on ok with banknotes. But don't usually carry more than fifty quid anyway.

As a side note the replacement in the picture there failed me spectacularly. I was on holiday in Australia and transiting back from Sydney to Adelaide with still a week and a bit to go. Somewhere along the journey between hotel / check in / security & departures my driving license and current account card fell out and were lost.

I got in touch with the seller and had to post it off directly to Secrid and I was issued a replacement which has been fine since. Seems that the felt on the inside of the wallet was either loose or misaligned and it allowed two of the cards to just fall out!

Might be looking for another brand come replacement time.

Quote Originally Posted by tenpasten View Post
    Good news, Emerald is unlocked already!
    Excellent!

Blog Entries
    Just had one of these delivered to use when I fancy a change from my black one.

Still the simplest and best small wallet for front pocket carry I've found.
    https://i-clip.co.uk/i-clip/i-clip-soft-touch-oak.html

Ian

I have been on the hunt for the ultimate front carry wallet for years now and have a drawer full of discarded potentials.
    I have however been using a beautiful and practical one from The Frenchie Co.
    Does exactly what is says and is beautiful to touch as well.

Give them a look and if you use this link you'll get 10% off and I'll get a 10% refund on my original purchase.

http://thefrenchieco.refr.cc/simonwheeler

Really worth a look as I love mine.

Si.

That's All Folks
    Last edited by raringtogo; 10th October 2018 at 05:51.

Craftsman
    I had some great service from secrid today. The spring broke on my wallet a while ago meaning the lever didn’t return to position automatically (still returned when you pushed the cards in). It was outside the 2 year warranty and I never registered it to get the additional year but I emailed them on the off chance they could send me a replacement spring. They phoned me and are going to send out a brand new wallet. Can’t say much better than that!

Craftsman
    ooh, did not know about product registration, now done thanks.

New kickstarter for a slim (ish) wallet from kisetsu (40% off atm):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ct&term=kaizen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    New kickstarter for a slim (ish) wallet from kisetsu (40% off atm):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ct&term=kaizen
    Will the thought of using cash feel quaint in a few years time I wonder…? I barely use cash and would rather not bother at all…

Finally time to pick a Trove wallet with the survey coming in! What colours are people going for? To be honest I'm not going to co-ordinate with my last Trove - combining them would make it all too bulky. So will look for some new colour - thinking Mono brown, but holding off to hear what you chaps are thinking

I'm thinking Emerald and Khaki Reflex.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Will the thought of using cash feel quaint in a few years time I wonder…? I barely use cash and would rather not bother at all…
    I carry between 50 and 100 in cash just in case but do 99% of transactions by card these days. The missus carries rakes of cash about and does my head in.

I'm thinking Emerald and Khaki Reflex.
    I went with Green Carbon fibre in the end - something a bit different :)

Anyone tried Pitaka's MagWallet offering?

https://www.ipitaka.com/collections/magwallet

I went with Green Carbon fibre in the end - something a bit different :)
    So mine arrived. Have to be honest, not convinced. It’s a well made thing up to the Trove quality but I think it’s a bit thick and dare I say a bit unnecessary. Will try it but I think I prefer the Swift.

So mine arrived. Have to be honest, not convinced. It’s a well made thing up to the Trove quality but I think it’s a bit thick and dare I say a bit unnecessary. Will try it but I think I prefer the Swift.
    I'll not see mine before Christmas, but I pondered for ages whether the carbon fibre material might be thicker and/or less supple than the leather or vegan options. I'll report back.

I'll not see mine before Christmas, but I pondered for ages whether the carbon fibre material might be thicker and/or less supple than the leather or vegan options. I'll report back.
    Thanks mate - it’s a good point which I never took into account. To add - the whole point with the trove is to slim down your wallet, I think making provisions for notes or coins is a bit defeatist.

In some countries where hard currency is essential then fine. But not sure in Weatern Europe (though I do need cash for my lunches on the market!)

My mono brownn Trove Cash Wrap arrived today. I went for the super patient option, expecting it to arrive in February so am surprised to already have it.

My first impressions are not great. They way the card holder wraps over the main wallet then slides cards out is very fiddly to setup. Once I have the 7 cards and a note in it that I had in my Secrid wallet, it is the same thickness and about 5mm less tall. It is much harder to access the cards. I think I need to try it for a few days but don’t think I’ll be using it long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    My mono brownn Trove Cash Wrap arrived today. I went for the super patient option, expecting it to arrive in February so am surprised to already have it.

My first impressions are not great. They way the card holder wraps over the main wallet then slides cards out is very fiddly to setup. Once I have the 7 cards and a note in it that I had in my Secrid wallet, it is the same thickness and about 5mm less tall. It is much harder to access the cards. I think I need to try it for a few days but don’t think I’ll be using it long term.
    I think I concur with you Phil after a few days of using - it is very fiddly. As I noted above, the whole point is to slim down your wallet - not fatten it up. I mostly use the tabbed card though, so I guess it is handy having a proper place for notes - but in that respect, I do think the Secrid is probably the better option. I'll maybe keep it for travelling to places where notes are essential. But even then, my Swift performed admirably when travelling over the summer.

I've had my cards in it this afternoon and it is visibly bending them. After how good the Trove was I am very disappointed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I've had my cards in it this afternoon and it is visibly bending them. After how good the Trove was I am very disappointed in it.
    Oh dear, I've just had a quick look and you are 100% correct - going back to the Swift tomorrow then - I have to say, I think that was close on perfect. A real shame.

Master
    I have a Trove wallet but I didn't fancy the new cash wrap and I am glad I didn't get one but for me the Trove with the pull out card holder is just the best small wallet and I don't see how it can be bettered it is so tiny in your pocket I love it :)