closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to slim down your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    Cant find a vintage dark brown one. Sold out
    I bought one yesterday, so still available.

Thanks to the OP and others for the advice, I too had been looking for a way to slim down my traditional wallet. Can't seem to get Secrid here in Oz but I have one on its way from the UK.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Well, my Kisetsu Natsu has arrived and... it's pretty good:

Loaded with 4 plastic cards, a coffee card, £30 in notes and £4 or so in coins (plus a receipt).

Impressed so far.

Cheers,

Mark C
    That looks pretty cool. Where did you buy it from? Directly from Kisetsu?
    Last edited by bambam; 5th March 2016 at 09:44.

Ok I have tried the Cambie and it is nice but a bit small for me but is good for a going out wallet.

So time to try one of the Secrid miniwallets!

Is it wrong to have a wallet collection that is now beginning to rival my watch collection in terms of numbers!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Ok I have tried the Cambie and it is nice but a bit small for me but is good for a going out wallet.

So time to try one of the Secrid miniwallets!

Is it wrong to have a wallet collection that is now beginning to rival my watch collection in terms of numbers!
    Not at all! I think a wallet collection grows by stealth though - as in, you buy one but its not quite right for all occasions/uses so you get another to fill the gap....and before you know it...

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post

Well most women have lots of handbags
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

^^^^exactly this! :)

Won't it mean that when you're in a hurry you have the wallet that has entirely the wrong cards in it?

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    That looks pretty cool. Where did you buy it from? Directly from Kisetsu?
    Yes - bought direct (and didn't get stung for customs - which was a bonus).

Been using it for a few days now - I really like it.

Cheers,

Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by RABbit View Post
    I bought one yesterday, so still available.

Thanks to the OP and others for the advice, I too had been looking for a way to slim down my traditional wallet. Can't seem to get Secrid here in Oz but I have one on its way from the UK.
    Ordered thanks

Master
    As mentioned previously, I've got a bellroy elements, which I am very happy with.

I can get a dozen cards in it easy and some cash/notes.

Day to day, I don't really want to carry less cards and couldn't really de-clutter down to 4 etc. But I do like the look of a few of the ones posted here.

can anyone suggest - which can still handle say 10-12 cards plus a few notes of cash?

You know, just in case I feel I 'need' to buy one...

Well the Secrid has arrived and I have been using it all week and I have to say I am very impressed and will continue to use this as my everyday wallet.

I too have taken the plunge in an attempt to carry less rubbish, and my Secrid arrived this morning. 1st impressions are good. Has taken all my daily cards as well as a few business cards too in the cash section. The lever action is nice and smooth. Overall very pleased, but will need a few months of daily use to see if I'm converted from my old leather bifold.

Master
    Received my LoC "Wolyt" a few days ago (I struck lucky it seems and got one of the last black/brown ones in stock on slimwalletjunkie). I'm still getting used to how bloody tiny it is, but it holds 3 cards and a few notes easily with extra room for receipts or other random bits if I need it.

Definitely happy with it, even if I keep on thinking I've mislaid it in my front pocket (it really *is* that tiny that it almost disappears!)

Master
    I came up with a new solution by making my own wallet. Big enough for the 3 cards I carry and i reckon the monetary and time costs make it well worthwhile:

shown for thickness

And next to a pouch I made too:

I've got a Bellroy Card Sleeve, and was looking at buying another one, but I've just seen the Loft of Cambie Sleeve which looks very similar. Anyone have experience of both and how do they compare?
    I'd also be interested in Huskk if anyone has tried one.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 29th March 2016 at 14:35.

Just bought a Trove Spitfire.
    Looking forward to having a slimmer wallet.

I asked on here about True Virtue aluminium wallets. Bought this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2220947457...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's been pretty good.

Craftsman
    Ah handy thread, been after a slim wallet for a while, secrid ordered!

Is there anyone on here who tried a secrid wallet and didn't like it for any reason, and if so, why?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Is there anyone on here who tried a secrid wallet and didn't like it for any reason, and if so, why?
    I had one for about two years after reading about them here on an earlier thread. I wouldn't say I didn't like them as such but I did have a gripe that the card mechanism became temperamental after a while. The cards could slide out of the holder without needing to be ejected. A few times, cards would fall out if the wallet was pulled out of my pocket 'upside down' as it were. It was too long after purchasing and out of warranty to return the wallet but it did put me off a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    I had one for about two years after reading about them here on an earlier thread. I wouldn't say I didn't like them as such but I did have a gripe that the card mechanism became temperamental after a while. The cards could slide out of the holder without needing to be ejected. A few times, cards would fall out if the wallet was pulled out of my pocket 'upside down' as it were. It was too long after purchasing and out of warranty to return the wallet but it did put me off a little bit.
    What did you replace it with?

Been using mine everyday for 6 months, still love it. No issues experienced as yet.

Craftsman

Want to slim down your wallet?

What did you replace it with?
    I'm still on the hunt for the perfect slim wallet but normally use the top one for everyday use and the bottom one for when I need more card space.

I was quite tempted to try one of the Bellroy wallets but was a little underwhelmed when I held one in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rob777; 31st July 2016 at 19:44.

What are they? ^^

I use the insert from a Bellroy take out as my daily carry and I'm really pleased with it
    There are only two features that I'd like to improve it. One is a zip, I've thought of getting a Bellroy very small but that hasn't happened yet. The other is RFID, hence my considering the secrid

Craftsman
    Ah, chose the wrong resolution! I fixed the pic now but they're both Victorinox. The top is a card sleeve (3-4 cards) with a small internal pocket for notes. The bottom had the same width as the Secrid Slim but is a bit longer. The card sleeve took a bit of getting used to as the Secrid had a little bit of heft and you could pat your pocket and know it was there. A card sleeve, not so much.
    I do also miss the RFID of the Secrid too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

I was quite tempted to try one of the Bellroy wallets but was a little underwhelmed when I held one in the flesh.
    I've been using the Bellroy High Line for the last few months and think the quality and size & function of it are perfect for my needs. It was pretty expensive but I think it was worth it (for me!).

What did you find underwhelming about the brand Rob?

I too had a Secrid but actually found it annoying and a little restrictive on the amount of cards I could carry.
    I now use a Flipside 3 that came from the US. ABS plastic clamshell design with plenty of storage space, an easy to use opening clasp and RFiD protection as well. It's all I use now.

Master
    I've been using the saddleback ID wallet for about 8 years now, I absolutely love it still looks superb holds around 10 cards and some notes I've looked at the secred etc just because they're a bit different but my saddleback does everything I need and looks great. Plus 100 year guarantee it should easily outlive me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    I've been using the Bellroy High Line for the last few months and think the quality and size & function of it are perfect for my needs. It was pretty expensive but I think it was worth it (for me!).

What did you find underwhelming about the brand Rob?
    Hi Andy,

I took a look at the Slim Sleeve and just found it to be 'flimsy'. I get that the wallet construction optimises space, etc., but it didn't seem to me to be durable enough at that price point. The one I looked at also had some dodgy stitching. Granted, I might have just looked at a dud but for the £60-odd, I wasn't too keen on chancing it.

They did however, have one of these that I liked the look of:

http://bellroy.com/products/phone-wallet/i6s/tamarillo

Cheers,

Rob

Craftsman
    I use a Ridge wallet - a little different from those mentioned on this page (apologies if mentioned before, I haven't read the entire thread).

Comes in some different materials, I have the aluminium, light enough to carry but heavy enough that you know it's there. RFID blocking as well.

https://www.ridgewallet.com

Master
    Hi Andy,

I took a look at the Slim Sleeve and just found it to be 'flimsy'. I get that the wallet construction optimises space, etc., but it didn't seem to me to be durable enough at that price point. The one I looked at also had some dodgy stitching. Granted, I might have just looked at a dud but for the £60-odd, I wasn't too keen on chancing it.

They did however, have one of these that I liked the look of:

http://bellroy.com/products/phone-wallet/i6s/tamarillo

Cheers,

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I can see I think why your thought it would seem flimsy. The leather is pretty thin, but with mine once I've got 3 cards and a note in there it becomes rigid enough to be reassuring (pnar!). Mind's holding up remarkably well too and doesn't show any printing through the leather from cards yet and only the minutest bending at the corners of the leather. I considered the new, redesigned Note Sleeve when I was buying but opted for the High Line as it had the amount of card slots I use and the 'hidden' ones are on the inner front side, so I figured would be less likely to print through the outer leather than like I'd seen on the old version of the Note Sleeve.

I've tried a few minimalist card holder/wallets but find I absolutely HATE faffing about folding notes together to fit, so the Bellroy works perfectly for me in not requiring that!

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I've got a Bellroy Card Sleeve, and was looking at buying another one, but I've just seen the Loft of Cambie Sleeve which looks very similar. Anyone have experience of both and how do they compare?
    I'd also be interested in Huskk if anyone has tried one.
    I ended up with a second Bellroy card sleeve. I only carry two cards and a couple of banknotes in each and they suit me perfectly. You can also use contactless cards without removing them.
    Condition wise there's around a year between them, but the older one shows no noticeable signs of wear in comparison.

Craftsman
    Those of you with a Secrid Slim Wallet - I have quite a thick card that's used for accessing doors at work, I'd want to keep that plus another 2 thinner ones which are also for accessing doors in the leather flaps rather than the aluminium case - would that fit?

Also, the plastic cash flap - would that be suitable to keep train tickets in?

As a consequence of this thread I bought a Secrid Slim Wallet around 6 months ago. I have to say it's been something of an epiphany. It forced me to cut down on the cards I carry and not once have I needed one that I didn't have. Those I don't carry I stored in the Key Ring app on my iPhone. It's also highlighted how infrequently I use cash these days!

To answer a couple of questions from matt666:

- I suspect that your cards will fit. You'd get the thicker card in one side and the two normal ones in the other - it would be a reasonably tight fit.
    - The plastic cash flap will easily accommodate train tickets and I have used it in this way.

From the photos I've seen the secrid doesn't look that well made for the money. What's it like in the flesh?

From the photos I've seen the secrid doesn't look that well made for the money. What's it like in the flesh?
    Just got one Davo - it's nice and small but it's early days.

I went for this one:-

https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/col...t-amazon-black

Will see how it goes.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

What's the quality of the leather and the stitching like Chris?

What's the quality of the leather and the stitching like Chris?
    Pretty damn good TBH.

Only had it a couple of days so will see how it fares getting shoved in my pocket every day.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

https://www.all-ett.com/shop/mens-wallets/

You have to buy via the website and they ship from the US, but customer service is good and the wallets are very slim.

I've used them for several years. Or rather I bought one several years ago and still use it.

Craftsman
    Well Slim Wallett Junkie have 10% off with the code GOONTHEN so that pushed me over the edge. Free delivery or £1 for 1st class too!

Just one thought though, if the plastic lever ever broke you'd be pretty screwed, I'd image you'd need some thin pliers to get your cards out again. They don't fall out if you only put a few cards in do they?

Quote Originally Posted by matt666 View Post
    Well Slim Wallett Junkie have 10% off with the code GOONTHEN so that pushed me over the edge. Free delivery or £1 for 1st class too!

Just one thought though, if the plastic lever ever broke you'd be pretty screwed, I'd image you'd need some thin pliers to get your cards out again. They don't fall out if you only put a few cards in do they?
    i read one review where the plastic mechanism broke, i guess you just have to ditch the wallet in that case unless secrid have some sort of manufacturers guarantee

i read one review where the plastic mechanism broke, i guess you just have to ditch the wallet in that case unless secrid have some sort of manufacturers guarantee
    Ditching the wallet isn't a major hassle, but if I had to ditch the cards too...

The "slim" MICRO wallet I ordered from Kickstarter is finally starting to ship. I'll post photos when it arrives, but pretty sure it'll compare favourably to some of the others already mentioned in this thread...

There's a secrid stockist near me. Think I'll have a have a gander before committing.

An acquaintance of mine, a fellow watch-nut, imports I-Clip wallets to Finland. A couple of guys on a facebook watch group have them and seem to like them. Certainly looks good, better than the Secrid IMO. Might be worth checking out.

http://www.i-clip.com/index_uk.html

I'm still pleased with my Saddleback Business / Credit Card Wallet.

Craftsman
    They've got a two year guarantee, but that's not going to help you if you're out and about, need money and can't get at your cards!

I always like German adverts; they so often seem so much more straightforward than ours.

Craftsman
    It arrived today so top marks for postage times, I only ordered it yesterday afternoon. Generally I'm very happy with it, it seems pretty well made apart from the joins you can see below. The glue doesn't look mega secure but it's not under a lot of strain so it should be ok.

The mechanism works really well, I'd be happier if it was made of metal not plastic but it doesn't feel too flimsy. It's all backed up by a two year warranty anyway.

It feels a lot nicer in my pocket than my Aspinals billfold, although if you loaded it with cash or tickets it would struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by matt666 View Post
    It arrived today so top marks for postage times, I only ordered it yesterday afternoon. Generally I'm very happy with it, it seems pretty well made apart from the joins you can see below. The glue doesn't look mega secure but it's not under a lot of strain so it should be ok.

The mechanism works really well, I'd be happier if it was made of metal not plastic but it doesn't feel too flimsy. It's all backed up by a two year warranty anyway.

It feels a lot nicer in my pocket than my Aspinals billfold, although if you loaded it with cash or tickets it would struggle.

I'd be returning that. Mine doesn't show this issue and after 6 months or so of use it's still perfect.

Neither does mine! Might be worth letting them know and ask for a replacement