closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stag do in Poland > Gdansk or Sopot?

Stag do in Poland > Gdansk or Sopot?

Off on a stag do at the weekend and staying in Gdansk, however the some of the travel guides suggest the nightlife is better a few miles away in Sopot.

Anyone been?

Master
    Been to a stag in Kraków, very good. Cheap beer and plenty of extra curricular activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't help with your locations though, in the same way I can't edit my post.

I've been to gdansk on a stag. Unfortunately I don't remember a lot of it. I guess that's a sign of it being good!

Sopot might be abit quiet out of season, but its rather charming & well worth getting the train from Gdansk (i think it was around 20 min journey) for a bracing walk on the beach and a beer - could be chuffin' cold this time of year mind!

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Sopot might be abit quiet out of season, but its rather charming & well worth getting the train from Gdansk (i think it was around 20 min journey) for a bracing walk on the beach and a beer - could be chuffin' cold this time of year mind!
    It was -8 the other day but looking to be between 3 and 8 degrees by the weekend, still not beach weather mind.

Journeyman
    Sopot is flashy but Gdansk cheap, get hotel in Gdansk and taxi to Sopot if you have to .

Master
    I'm a regular visitor to Gdansk, Kraków and Poznan. Saddens me to see mobs of drunken Brits wandering through historic city centres shouting obscenities at local women and inciting the local police.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I'm a regular visitor to Gdansk, Kraków and Poznan. Saddens me to see mobs of drunken Brits wandering through historic city centres shouting obscenities at local women and inciting the local police.
    Yes but which has the best nightlife for a stag do?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad View Post
    Made me chuckle, that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langtoft lad View Post
    There's no place like home. Especially for stag weekends.

Yep Britain has endless shi**y towns with women of easy virtue, and Butlitz also seem to cater for such things.

Craftsman
    I lived in G'dansk for nearly a year, a couple of years ago and we always went to Sopot on a Saturday night. Both would be great for a Stag night..

Look up 'Restauracja Republika' on Facebook. That's the bar in G'dansk where most of the Brits working at Remontowa Shipyard end up at the weekend. They show all the English Sport, good food and beer......

Look out for the Girls with Umbrella's (In G'dansk and Sopot) ........ They'll lead you astray.........
    Last edited by markdotreed; 4th February 2016 at 09:10.

Quote Originally Posted by markdotreed View Post
    Look out for the Girls with Umbrella's (In G'dansk and Sopot) ........ They'll lead you astray.........
    If this is the case then be careful you don't require the use of a smaller umbrella when you return home!

Quote Originally Posted by roondog View Post
    If this is the case then be careful you don't require the use of a smaller umbrella when you return home!
    Ouch!

Thanks for the replies. Some were a bit too late, however it didn't matter - we had a blast.

For anyone interested we flew from Leeds for just under Ł100 return, stayed at The Grand Cru Hotel in Old Town Gdansk which was fantastic and great value at Ł93 for two nights.

Headed out for 2pm and drank and ate in the bars on the waterfront then went a bit further into town and found some seriously cheap bars, beer @ 5PLN / 81p per pint.

Met some locals who took us to a bar mentioned above Republika and then got a Taxi to Sopot. A few more bars then a two night clubs and don't remember much after that. Made it back to the Hotel at 4am and was ill all day Saturday.

Was just about OK to fire some guns at the shooting range followed by a quiet evening meal at The Buddha lounge.

Anyone looking to plan a Polish stag do I'd recommend it. The people were friendly, Gdansk has a new airport, short flight and everything is exceptional value.

I've been to your home town for Stag do's and agree. I've been to a few in my home town too but it's always nice to see some other places.

Master
    It’s nice when a story has a happy ending...

Oh, hola and welcome to the forum.

Blog Entries
    Good idea to go to Poland for a stag do. At least that’s one less in Amsterdam.

Must add that the Polish police has a different approach towards drunk, shouting, high & p*ssing men from other countries in the city center when you compare it with the police in Amsterdam.

What have the Poles ever done for us?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Marie Curie, Patek and Czapek of Patek Phillipe, I’m sure they have had some bearing on your life even if you were not intelligent enough to recognise it

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. So, in hindsight, I should've put smilie or something :roll:
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Re: Gdansk stag do

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Off on a stag do at the weekend and staying in Gdansk, however the some of the travel guides suggest the nightlife is better a few miles away in Sopot.

Anyone been?
    Sopot is definitely a place for a stag do (particularly Montecassino street) - Gdansk is much better suited for a "couple trip" with nice restaurants and sights.
    However Sopot is a place to visit on a stag do during summer months- winter time definitely better visit Krakow, as it is a year round party destination

Can I come too please?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Sopot is definitely a place for a stag do (particularly Montecassino street) - Gdansk is much better suited for a "couple trip" with nice restaurants and sights.
    However Sopot is a place to visit on a stag do during summer months- winter time definitely better visit Krakow, as it is a year round party destination

Quote Originally Posted by Daveno View Post
    Holy thread resurrection....

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Helped us out in WW2 in the Battle of Britain.
    Only been to Krakow and loved the place and has been said, very friendly people.

By now the happy couple have had two sprogs and are mulling over 'what went wrong'.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    By now the happy couple have had two sprogs and are mulling over 'what went wrong'.
    Indeed, probably asking about divorce lawyers in another thread.

Apprentice

Gdansk or Sopot

Anyone been?

Both Cities are great.
    Gdansk - wchich is a capital of region is bigger, and more complex.
    You have whole variety of places to go. Cheap, expensive, for students, for older folks etc.

Sopot on the other hand is more turist-focused place, with kind of "chic" style.
    You have famous "Monciak" - (Monte Cassino Street), wchich leads towards Sopot's pier. Most of clubs, cafes, restaurants are on it, or near.

If You need some local help, try https://its-poland.com/experience/gd...th-west-poland.
    Plenty of ideas .

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by KarolITS View Post
    Both Cities are great.
    You have whole variety of places to go. Cheap, expensive, for students, for older folks etc.

Sopot on the other hand is more turist-focused place, with kind of "chic" style.
    You have famous "Monciak" - (Monte Cassino Street), wchich leads towards Sopot's pier. Most of clubs, cafes, restaurants are on it, or near.

If You need some local help, try https://its-poland.com/experience/gd...th-west-poland.
    Plenty of ideas .

Cheers.
    Yep, thanks for that - a bit late mind the stag do was in 2016. It was great, as was the wedding - four years on, Divorce is on the cards.

Cheers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KarolITS View Post
    Both Cities are great.

Plenty of ideas .

Cheers.
    Hi there. Welcome to the forum. In general it’s a pretty friendly place to spend some time. Anyhow, the tri-city region of Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia is definitely one of my favourite parts of Poland. Looking forward to paying another visit when it’s possible to do so.

Master
    We did this last year on a lads do. In the end we opted to stay in Gdansk which has tons of bars and food places all very cheap - I'll recommend IBB Hotel Dlugi Targ as a place to stay as it was right smack bang in the middle of where you want to be.

When we fancied a look out in Sopot we just grabbed a taxi which was cheap and took about 25 mins - nightlife was decent in both places and plenty of mischief to be had!

Apprentice
    Yep, thanks for that - a bit late mind the stag do was in 2016. It was great, as was the wedding - four years on, Divorce is on the cards.

Cheers.

Ooh.. sorry to hear.

time flies, life goes by. Nevertheless, if You have any questions, ideas about visiting Poland, I can help.

Take care, and Cheers.