closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Sub shortage?

Hybrid View

Master

Rolex Sub shortage?

I was wondering if there seems to be a shortage of the submariners from the AD lately?
    Every AD I called don't have any in stock and don't know what their allocation quantity is??
    I called one AD who offered to put me in the list and hope I get a call on his next delivery.
    I don't remember it being this difficult to source a SubC.
    Is there a price increase on the cards perhaps.

Apprentice
    Before Christmas there were plenty in the AD's so maybe the rumours of a price increase are true?

Master
    Rumours are rumours, and the ADs know no more than you or I at this point re: price rises. They will find out a couple of days before the price increase goes "live", whenever that is.

This has been discussed to death (very recently, and many times in the past)

However these rumours (and that's all they are currently) may be fanning the surge in Rolex on SC at the moment though.

You may have just been unlucky and the ADs just sold their stock before you got there (did you ask?) - each AD gets what they are sent each month and I don't think they have too much control over what they receive, certainly for the sports models... perhaps Mr Milton could chip in and confirm? The reason I am not 100% certain is I bought a DJ once which I chose off the Rolex website and as it was relatively unusual, the AD had to put an order in for it and it came in to the AD in the next batch.

Master
    The main feedback was, no stock of either date and no date Subs.
    They have no idea what watches will come in the next allocation.
    I would prefer to buy a mint pre owned but looks like a new one will have to do, best thing is the 2 years 0%

Master
    Fly over to Belfast, they're in both of Lunns windows (or at least they were last weekend)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gee-whizz View Post
    I would prefer to buy a mint pre owned but looks like a new one will have to do
    Why?? Tons of mint used examples out there, in stock for next day delivery (e.g. watchfinder), or go to a grey dealer for a new one with discount.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Why?? Tons of mint used examples out there, in stock for next day delivery (e.g. watchfinder), or go to a grey dealer for a new one with discount.
    I will have a look and see whats about.

From my experience of the last few weeks, my local ad had 2 in stock which one is now mine, Goldsmiths in Bristol made out they were short stocked however if I was really interested I could go to the top of the list with the few they had coming in, which then turned out to actually being in stock. I didn't believe it and thought it was just hype.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    From my experience of the last few weeks, my local ad had 2 in stock which one is now mine, Goldsmiths in Bristol made out they were short stocked however if I was really interested I could go to the top of the list with the few they had coming in, which then turned out to actually being in stock. I didn't believe it and thought it was just hype.
    Was that the Cribbs Causeway branch or Cabbots circus?
    I called them as well, no stock.

Was that the Cribbs Causeway branch or Cabbots circus?
    I called them as well, no stock.
    That was Cribbs 2 Saturday's ago.

Yes it`s true, there is a shortage - they only made fifteen million of them last year.

Master
    Meh just a game Rolex dealers play IMO.
    I enquired about one at my local AD last year and was told this story.
    I then received a call from the dealer a couple of days later telling me that they could obtain one for me within a week.

Craftsman
    surely iconic have some in?

Everybody is Holding back their stock until the official price increase.
    In germany the actual situation with rolex steel sportsmodels is the same.
    None available right now ;)

It was confirmed by different sources that the price increase starts at the 1.2.2016 at least in germany.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWatches View Post
    It was confirmed by different sources that the price increase starts at the 1.2.2016 at least in germany.
    There is a new German pricelist from february 1.

http://pics.r-l-x.de/picserv/files/3...PL_02_2016.pdf

Prices seem to be up by 5-6%

Journeyman
    I was wondering if there seems to be a shortage of the submariners from the AD lately?
    Every AD I called don't have any in stock and don't know what their allocation quantity is??
    I called one AD who offered to put me in the list and hope I get a call on his next delivery.
    I don't remember it being this difficult to source a SubC.
    Is there a price increase on the cards perhaps.
    two Hulks available near Royal Exchange in London below retail price, unworn. Easy to find if you are willing to travel or make calls

Quote Originally Posted by stateless View Post
    two Hulks available near Royal Exchange in London below retail price, unworn. Easy to find if you are willing to travel or make calls
    I agree. I managed to pick up a two month old 114060 within a week of looking. Check all the usual places, SC, Chrono 24 and Ebay. Instead of making the purchases through Chrono 24 / Ebay I usually make contact directly with the seller and do the deal face to face. I'm willing to travel long distances and treat it s a bit of a day out.