closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Pelagos...

Grand Master

Tudor Pelagos...

One of the best watches I've ever had.

Last edited by P9CLY; 12th January 2016 at 17:09.

Master
    These look and feel amazing, I tried one on today and can see a purchase being made very soon!

Agreed, of course! But as an afflicted WIS, I just cannot seem to stop flipping watches, no matter how much I enjoy them.

I have mine on the rubber strap today, i'm not normally a fan of rubber but i love this one and it fits me perfectly! Love how it uses the bracelet end links.

Mine remains a very firm favorite above a year after purchase. Gets chosen for almost everything when I'm likely to only have one watch available for a few days.
    Love the way it works so well with a multitude of different straps as well as the bracelet. Mine rotates between the two OEM options, isofrane, Eddie's grey NATO and a perlon strap right now. Hoping the new deluxe time factors NATO I ordered today will also suit it. I strongly suspect that it will...

A great understated watch. I think it also works well with the fabric strap that comes with the Black Bay.

Master
    Had mine for around 18 months now and still one of my favourites. It's still on the bracelet will have to try the rubber and some of the other options mentioned.

Master
    Love everything about it except for the hands.

I think the hands are the best part!

Master
    If only they were 40mm. Tried one a while back but it wore just a little large on me. Loved the black and the crisp white though

If it was 40mm and didn't have the snowflake handset I don't think it would be one of my favorites! The size, the Ti, the hands, hour markers, matt dial and stepped chapter ring are all big parts of the appeal for me.
    No such thing as universal appeal eh!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely, its the only watch i like with snowflake hands.
    Love the size and matte finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    Lovely, its the only watch i like with snowflake hands.
    Love the size and matte finish.
    I think the old Blue snowflake submariner that they did back in the day is a lovely thing, but they seem pretty scarce and command very high prices these days

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    My wife is very happy with hers

Yes, but what about the watch? ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    They're good watches, but mine never felt 'special' enough to me.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maccer View Post
    Not quite the same with "War and Peace" written on the dial tho.Can't beat the good ol 2 liner.

Different movement agreed......BUT those extra lines......Nah just too ott and spoils the look IMO.

To be honest the extra writing doesn't bother me.
    Blue is wonderful.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love the blue dial to ... It looks great on this Bulang and sons leather Nato

Journeyman
    I can see the appeal, and on paper it checks many of my "want" boxes, but for some reason it never grabbed me. It wears bigger than its 42mm would suggest, possibly due to the thickness. And the stark black and white dial/hands struck me as a little boring. Fantastic watch, but just not for me (right now).

I do however much prefer the 2-line version, despite the ETA vs in-house movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    That looks gorgeous.

Master
    Saw the blue one with the new movement at a dealer's window a few months back. It looked so gorgeous and the price was so right that I almost pulled the trigger.

Tried it when I purchased the BBB, amazing watch! And I only read great things about its new in house movement. Congrats! Enjoy it in good health!

Journeyman
    I really liked mine other than the size of it. I kept catching sight of it in mirrors and thinking it looked too big and too chunky. I sold mine to a mate and it suits him more so maybe it's down to the wearer.

Quote Originally Posted by bruteawful View Post
    I really liked mine other than the size of it. I kept catching sight of it in mirrors and thinking it looked too big and too chunky. I sold mine to a mate and it suits him more so maybe it's down to the wearer.
    Inspired by contributing to this thread yesterday I've put mine on this morning. To me this is about perfectly sized. I find my sub a little too small and I've now stopped buying anything bigger than 44mm.

Master
    I loved mine - the lightness and fit on the wrist was really good.

I must say, the box it came in was pretty special too - the lovely deeply glossed wooden box - other manufactures take note please!

Great watch, love mine.
    It dresses up and down, looks great (and very restrained).
    Even looks great at night

Dave

ps - like others here I am definitely of the "original is best" school.

Master
    I do like that Blue dial above....very tempting to go shopping for one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    That looks gorgeous.
    Crikey - hell yeah! Strap changing pilers required I think, but wow - that's lovely; some competition for my small (at present) Rolex Hulk savings pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Born T View Post
    Saw the blue one with the new movement at a dealer's window a few months back. It looked so gorgeous and the price was so right that I almost pulled the trigger.
    Born, we try not to say 'pull the trigger' nowadays on here, because when someone does Adrian (ach5 above) throws his toys out of the pram... he's very sensitive :)

Hehehe.

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Born, we try not to say 'pull the trigger' nowadays on here, because when someone does Adrian (ach5 above) throws his toys out of the pram... he's very sensitive :)

Hehehe.

Simon
    To be fair I was thinking the same thing....It's a nice enough watch but I don't think good enough to contemplate armed robbery for!

Craftsman
    Wow! that looks great.. I sense a search and buy mission in the near future...

Craftsman
    I love my Pelagos and it's getting the most wrist time atm. Initially I preferred the original Pelagos with less text, and a marker next to the 3 O'clock date window. But I wanted the in-house movement and actually prefer that dial now and feel that there's no question that I bought the right watch. On the wrist I feel that the watch is quite understated for what it is, and generally goes about unnoticed by other people which I like, it's like my own private joy. But it's all the details that get me, the shapes where the Tudor shield appears on the bracelet, the 3D dial, the way that the end of the second hand is blacked out which makes the hands look more focused and clearer etc. I'm quite the fan.

Craftsman
    I'm really warming the blue dial too, that looks like a great combo with the leather NATO. I had intended to put my Pelagos on a leather NATO as they look great & I don't usually get on with bracelets. But the Pelagos bracelet is so comfortable I'm yet to change it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post

Hehehe.

Simon
    Yes, I missed that particular violation!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Mine remains a very firm favorite above a year after purchase. Gets chosen for almost everything when I'm likely to only have one watch available for a few days.
    Love the way it works so well with a multitude of different straps as well as the bracelet. Mine rotates between the two OEM options, isofrane, Eddie's grey NATO and a perlon strap right now. Hoping the new deluxe time factors NATO I ordered today will also suit it. I strongly suspect that it will...
    Im waiting on one of Eddies new NATOs too (black with grey edging).

I too love my Pelagos. I have to make a conscious effort to take it off else nothing else gets a look in. I wanted to dislike the newer blue faced model but saw one in the flesh over Christmas and think it looks lovely. I had a blue faced sub in the past and thought this would be poor in comparison, but it certainly isn't. Whenever I think about flipping anything, my Pelagos is always the first ruled out for 2 reasons;
    1. I like it that much, if I sold it, I'd have to buy another
    2. It's actually not going to yield that much money to put against what I want to buy, it's such good value for money.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Im waiting on one of Eddies new NATOs too (black with grey edging).

I too love my Pelagos. I have to make a conscious effort to take it off else nothing else gets a look in. I wanted to dislike the newer blue faced model but saw one in the flesh over Christmas and think it looks lovely. I had a blue faced sub in the past and thought this would be poor in comparison, but it certainly isn't. Whenever I think about flipping anything, my Pelagos is always the first ruled out for 2 reasons;
    1. I like it that much, if I sold it, I'd have to buy another
    2. It's actually not going to yield that much money to put against what I want to buy, it's such good value for money.

Steve.
    My straps arrived today, just quickly lobbed one onto the Pelagos. Loving it.
    Very quick snap...

That strap looks really nice, was waiting till someone put one on a Pelagos to see what it looked like before I ordered the strap. Question though - what tool do you use to change the strap? As currently I have mine on the rubber and got Goldsmiths to change it over for me as they said it requires a special tool from Rolex to change them on the Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    That strap looks really nice, was waiting till someone put one on a Pelagos to see what it looked like before I ordered the strap. Question though - what tool do you use to change the strap? As currently I have mine on the rubber and got Goldsmiths to change it over for me as they said it requires a special tool from Rolex to change them on the Pelagos
    Small screwdriver - took less than a minute.

By the way - I'd say that is a candidate for a post in the 'Rubbish that Sales Assistants Say' thread!

By the way - I'd say that is a candidate for a post in the 'Rubbish that Sales Assistants Say' thread!
    Ha yes absolutely! Coincidently the chap who changed my strap didn't even know that the new model had a different model only that there was a blue colour now available

Grand Master

You are kidding!..........aren't you?.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboltt View Post
    Wow! that looks great.. I sense a search and buy mission in the near future...
    Watch or the strap??

Master
    My straps arrived today, just quickly lobbed one onto the Pelagos. Loving it.
    Very quick snap...
    Mine too, although I have the RAF type as opposed to your G10 type.

there's the 3200 Spring bar tool, not for sale and a bergeon equivalent. I must say that I found getting the bracelet of a real ballache, with both a normal Spring bar tool and a tweezer tool.

I find it's more difficult to do without causing any marks than any other watch I've ever had! the only thing that would make it better is drilled lug holes, that would be the cherry on the top of an amazing watch.

it was so good it stopped me buying either a SDc and sm300!

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    One of the best watches I've ever had.

Very impressed with this when I tried it on, it wore well for its size - and I normally prefer smaller watches.

For me though the lume triangle and 'pip' just aren't quite right - lucky for my wallet I suppose.

Congrats on your watch though.

I am hoping it grows on me though because it is ticks a lot of boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    You are kidding!..........aren't you?.
    Nope - a couple of months back in the Canary Wharf branch

Quote Originally Posted by maccer View Post
    She has impeccable tastes ;)

I found it to be a very comfortable watch to wear, even on my small wrist.

I also found it difficult to remove the strap, as there was only a small gap between the strap and lug.

The extra writing never worried me.

But eventually - and normally one of the important advantages for me is a good lume, but in this case I found there was too much!
    Personally and I am not a diver, so it wasn't important, but I would have preferred it, if only the triangle at 12 o'clock on the bezel was lumed and not the entire circumference.

But that was the only issue that I had with the watch :)

The accuracy of the movement I found to be fantastic and listen to the sound as the bezel is turned, it does sound like a tumbler on a safe being turned :)

Craftsman
    Nope - a couple of months back in the Canary Wharf branch
    I've had a couple of corkers from them as well...Now I don't bother...WoS across the way from them are a little better though...

Next time go to David M Robinson in the Jubilee Mall...They actually know what they are talking about...