closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 5446

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Late to the party but i have been binge watching Bosch on Amazon, think i like it because ofd the multiple concurrent plot lines and it’s lack of shoot-outs, the action is there but it’s an enabler for the narrative rather than ‘look at my big explosion and a car twisting through the air in slo-mo’ that and the dialogue is very real and interpersonal and not over acted apart from the comedy detective duo ‘Crate and Barrel’ who raise a laugh.
    have to turn the sound up as i find the fast talking hard to understand sometimes. on series five will done in a week or 2 then onto the Bosch Legacy series.

Master
    Enjoying Time Traveller's Wife on Sky, well acted and the storyline, tho convoluted, does not take you out of the story and is very interesting and absorbing.

maybe mentioned already but

Stranger things is very good
    Watched the first 2 episodes of the Obi-Wan series and that was also pretty good

Staircse on one of the Sky channels is very good.
    Agree with the others on The time travellers wife. It's very well done (you've read the book & seen the film, now watch the TV series.) It's directed by Stephen Moffat, who wrote a lot of early re-launched Dr Who episodes. I think Stephen was responsible for "Are you my mummy?".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Ozark Series 4.

I enjoyed this despite it getting more than a little bit silly towards the end. At the same time I am also pleased it has ended.

It was also nice to see that the final episode was not the predictable 'full guns blazing/drug dealers gone wild' affair.

8/10 from me.
    Agree with this, wrapped up the story nicely.

Black Spot

Just started this one on Netflix
    French series about a detective going to work in a remote town with no phone signal hence Black Spot , different story every episode but a theme running through the episodes slightly paranormal brilliantly shot and well worth a look

Master
    We own this city

From the same production team as ‘The Wire’ looks at the corruption in Baltimore’s gun task force, started it at ten last night by two this morning I thought it was time to give it a rest.

Compelling viewing based on a true story and I’d recommend it irrespective of if your a fan of the wire or not.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    French series about a detective going to work in a remote town with no phone signal hence Black Spot , different story every episode but a theme running through the episodes slightly paranormal brilliantly shot and well worth a look
    I've some bad news I'm afraid. Season two ends on a cliff-hanger with lots of unanswered questions, but France Télévision cancelled season 3 due to low viewing figures, so unless it's picked up by Netflix or Amazon we'll never have a denouement.

Well that is a shame , thought it was running well and full of new ideas...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    We own this city

From the same production team as ‘The Wire’ looks at the corruption in Baltimore’s gun task force, started it at ten last night by two this morning I thought it was time to give it a rest.

Compelling viewing based on a true story and I’d recommend it irrespective of if your a fan of the wire or not.
    I rinsed through this in the past week - of course not as good as The Wire, but an interesting story and well told nonetheless.

I've also been watching Pistols, the Danny Boyle show about the Sex Pistols on Disney+. A couple of episodes in, not sure whether it's any good or not! Interesting enough to keep going though...

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Season 3 of For All Mankind has started on AppleTV+. Fantastic show, particularly if you’re interested in an alternative take on the USA/Russia space race.

If you don’t have an AppleTV+ subscription and want to see what it’s like, season 1 is available for free at the moment (for a limited period).

Craftsman
    We own this city

Watched 3 episodes so far, only criticism I have is, has a lot of flash backs which make it hard to follow, especially if you’ve had a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Watched 3 episodes so far, only criticism I have is, has a lot of flash backs which make it hard to follow, especially if you’ve had a few.
    I could have written that myshelf:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    Staircse on one of the Sky channels is very good.
    Agree with the others on The time travellers wife. It's very well done (you've read the book & seen the film, now watch the TV series.) It's directed by Stephen Moffat, who wrote a lot of early re-launched Dr Who episodes. I think Stephen was responsible for "Are you my mummy?".
    He also wrote Sherlock.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Amazon prime
    El Candidato

worth a watch if you dont mind subtitles

latest series of the boys is good as ever - 9/10

obi wan kenobi - 2/10 - parts of this are absolutely laughable - to me this franchise was destroyed years ago.

I finished Severance on Apple TV yesterday.

Well worth a watch, great production, acting superb from all involved and Ben Stiller on fire with the direction along with others.

Definitely a two thumbs up and an easy 9 out of 10, if not higher.

Excellent show

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Season 3 of For All Mankind has started on AppleTV+. Fantastic show, particularly if you’re interested in an alternative take on the USA/Russia space race.

If you don’t have an AppleTV+ subscription and want to see what it’s like, season 1 is available for free at the moment (for a limited period).
    Season 1 was fantastic, Season 2 not so great in my view. I no longer have AppleTV. Is it worth getting again for S3?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    latest series of the boys is good as ever - 9/10

obi wan kenobi - 2/10 - parts of this are absolutely laughable - to me this franchise was destroyed years ago.
    I just binged all three seasons of Boys thanks to this thread - superb.

Craftsman
    We own this city

Loved this, great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Loved this, great watch.
    Also finished We Own This City last night, Superb! The story very cleverly wrapped up in one series, which is the only shame

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Also finished We Own This City last night, Superb! The story very cleverly wrapped up in one series, which is the only shame
    What service is it on, please?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    What service is it on, please?
    Sky or now tv

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Season 1 was fantastic, Season 2 not so great in my view. I no longer have AppleTV. Is it worth getting again for S3?
    Only two episodes available so far but I've thoroughly enjoyed both, I think it's a high quality show and as a space nut (particularly the Apollo and shuttle eras) I'm interested to see where they go with regards to Mars.

S2 did overdo the drama sometimes, particularly with Karen Baldwin (although that's looking like it was setting up a storyline in S3). But generally I thought the last few episodes were some of the best TV I watched last year, even despite some slightly dodgy science in the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Late to the party but i have been binge watching Bosch on Amazon
    I'm glad someone else likes Bosch. I dismissed it at first as just another police procedural but it's well-plotted, not too explode-y, and draws you in. When people do get hurt, they aren't back to normal the next day with a small plaster on. It's one of the few series I have actually binge-watched. Also, for more of the same, except perhaps even less demanding, maybe try The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix? Based on stories by the same author, Michael Connelly, it has a similar 'vibe' and smart dialogue. Oh, and the eponymous lawyer not only drives Lincoln's, but wears Patek Phillipe (obligatory watch ref).

Quote Originally Posted by chris_calcite View Post
    I'm glad someone else likes Bosch. I dismissed it at first as just another police procedural but it's well-plotted, not too explode-y, and draws you in. When people do get hurt, they aren't back to normal the next day with a small plaster on. It's one of the few series I have actually binge-watched. Also, for more of the same, except perhaps even less demanding, maybe try The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix? Based on stories by the same author, Michael Connelly, it has a similar 'vibe' and smart dialogue. Oh, and the eponymous lawyer not only drives Lincoln's, but wears Patek Phillipe (obligatory watch ref).
    Just realised - I've not watched the last few episodes !!!

Thanks!

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but BBCs current drama Sherwood is excellent.

Fantastic cast, and a timely reminder of the complexity of the division caused by the Miners strike, and turns a light on the East Midlands, which is a bit of a forgotten corner of the UK in TV land.

2 episodes aired last week, and are on iPlayer, 2 more this week, concluding next week.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Also Pistol on Disney+, nonsense but good fun

Quote Originally Posted by chris_calcite View Post
    literally just finished it (Bosch) 5 mins ago. was going to have a change before before starting on Bosch Legacy so will give Lincoln Lawyer a go.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

I’m enjoying this, big pinch of salt required but it’s great fun and really made well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

+1 for this

Obi Wan is and have given up on it

Started Stranger Things 4 and as good as ever!

Finished This Is Us with the wife. Not my usual thing, but well made and acted.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Agreed BlackSpot is a great find. A bit Twinpeaks esque with a real brooding atmosphere and great characters which are different every week.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Stranger things 4 has been phenomenal!
    I've totally binged it.

Very frustrated that vol 2 of the season finale isn't out til 1st July.

Best thing that's been on TV this side of 2000 imo.

Following a recommendation from a Sports Podcast, started watching 'All or Nothing' The Michigan Wolverines on Amazon Prime. There's a few series on there featuring different team from different sports.

I thought this one was good, got an insight as how an American college team is run and some of the people involved. The one thing that is apparent, is the amount of resource that American colleges get, it's quite staggering

It's building to a good finale, so will finish off tonight

Anyone else watched any of these?

John

Dunno if anyone else has menbtioned 'Night Sky' with Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons. I recently watched the whole series on Amazon Prime and really enjoyed it, Season 2 isn't until next year though

John

Midwich Cuckoos

On Sky Max
    Blackout in an English Town and all the Women become pregnant ! and give birth to a strange brood of Children . Remake of The Village Of The Damned
    Very eerie and stark but well made and keeps you watching

Craftsman
    Any fans of Gomorrah or Zero Zero Zero….

New series on sky Atlantic, Blocco 181. More of the same, Italian subtitled drug gangs. 3 episodes in and quite enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Dunno if anyone else has menbtioned 'Night Sky' with Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons. I recently watched the whole series on Amazon Prime and really enjoyed it, Season 2 isn't until next year though

John
    I really enjoyed this too and am looking forward to the next series.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Maybe dip my toe into Man vs Bee looks a bit if weekend frivolity and I quite like Atkinson’s brand of slapstick

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...apstick-sitcom

It’s been mentioned, but we are really enjoying Sherwood on IPlayer,
    Cheers..
    Jase

Blog Entries
    Started watching Suspect on C4 this week - it's James Nesbitt's latest drama. Decent cast including Joely Richardson, Richard E Grant, Ben Miller, Sasha Darwan etc.

2 episodes in (they're only about 30 mins each) but something just doesn't click.....maybe I've got spoiled by the likes of BB/BCS/Ozark etc. Will try a few more episodes to see if it get better.

Master
    On Sky Max
    Blackout in an English Town and all the Women become pregnant ! and give birth to a strange brood of Children . Remake of The Village Of The Damned
    Very eerie and stark but well made and keeps you watching
    Midwich Cuckoos for anyone not wanting to research its name lol. It is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Midwich Cuckoos for anyone not wanting to research its name lol. It is good though.
    It is in the title Mj2k ? Unless you cannot see it
    Anyway it is very good and worth a watch

Master
    It is in the title Mj2k ? Unless you cannot see it
    Anyway it is very good and worth a watch
    Tapatalk user and not seeing the title.

Just looked like a cryptic clue for me lol.

Yea it is very good. I was gripped.

Don't know if mentioned already but after watching Squid Game, me and the wife have started watching Alice In Borderlands. Similar to squid game in that there are different games that are participated in but quite different in others. Very good so far after 4 episodes in. It's on Netflix

Master
    Midwich Cuckoo's was good.

Based on a John Wyndham novel so you get the idea but decent adaptation although not 100% sure it passes muster for the modern day.

Possibly better if set in the time / era it was written in.

At one point bit became a bit Dr Who which was a little let down.

Nonetheless it was enjoyable and sinister enough.

Looks like there will be a follow on so I'll keep my eyes open for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Midwich Cuckoos - no apostrophe! Auto correct!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    It’s been mentioned, but we are really enjoying Sherwood on IPlayer,
    +1

Another that I enjoyed on Amazon Prime was Tales from the loop

John..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    +1
    Some of the forest scenes were set in Hawarden woods near where I live. I walked past when they were filming mid last year. I exaggerate not, they must have had 50 vehicles in the woods. From mahoosive lighting rig trucks/ 4 wheel drives/ black executive transport VW minibuses to toilet trucks and security riding around the area on quads.

My wife has watched all the episodes and has probably spotted 20 mins of “ our local” footage. No wonder these BBC series are expensive to produce.

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Another that I enjoyed on Amazon Prime was Tales from the loop

John..
    Very strange and such a slow paced drama, my wife and i loved it though.