closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,550 of 5441

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Check out ‘the white lotus’ really good.

Cruel Summer: Amazon Prime Video

Watching 'Cruel Summer' at the moment on Amazon Prime Video and enjoying it.

It is about a bunch of teenagers and shows the impact on their lives following an abduction of one of the girls and the associated fall out/distrust etc. It is filmed over 3 separate year 'same week' snapshots, so does jump around a bit, but is done in such a way that is easy to follow.
    So far so good.

Just finish 'Hit and Run' off Netflix, I enjoyed it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Just finish 'Hit and Run' off Netflix, I enjoyed it.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    Giri / Haji is now Netflix. Just watched it over the last week - absolutely loved it! Ending a touch overdone but very different from the usual...
    I began watching this a few a months ago but my girlfriend didn't enjoy the first episode. Having had the day off on my own today I decided to watch the next one and eneded up watching three back to back.

At this point I am amazed how good it is, in many ways the story telling and direction reminds me of Fargo although a little less humorous. I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!

Annika

Just started on Alibi, Nicola Walker from The Unforgotten plays a Norwegian Detective in Scotland good first episode plenty going on and she talks to the camera.. nice touch and of course Walker is faultless

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    I've just binged the entire seven seasons of 'The Shield' on Amazon Prime.

Not a new series, but brilliantly written and acted. And as this review intimates, the last season was phenomenal.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...tvs-golden-age
    I ended up starting it again after this post; I’m nearly 4 seasons in and can’t get enough of it. Absolutely fantastic.

"it's a sin" on All4 is up there with the best TV I've seen in years. Highly recommended.

Another recommendation for White Lotus, fantastic series

and another for WL, very funny, savagely observed.

Master
    About half way through WL and it is indeed superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    About half way through WL and it is indeed superb!

Glad you all like it. Weird and whacky in places. The hotel manager is brilliant.

Just started nine perfect strangers. This also shows promise. Nicole kidman plus a star studded cast. 1 episode in looking good so far.

Master
    Part way through Losing Alice on Apple TV and it’s beautifully made, intriguing and atmospheric. While from Israel it has a touch of the classic French, ‘Super hot but unfortunately utterly nuts’ genre.

Also one more shout out for the underrated Physical on Apple TV. It appears most American critics were incapable of processing a darkly humorous satire on their own recent history, and expected it to be something like Friends. But for those of us in the UK it works perfectly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Glad you all like it. Weird and whacky in places. The hotel manager is brilliant.

Just started nine perfect strangers. This also shows promise. Nicole kidman plus a star studded cast. 1 episode in looking good so far.
    Just finished it, really, really good! And the hotel manager was superb! Stole the show for me.

That said the woman that played Rachel stole it for other reasons…….

Watching The Defeated on Netflix, Berlin after WW11, pretty good up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Watching The Defeated on Netflix, Berlin after WW11, pretty good up to now.
    Did I sleep through world wars 3-10? 😳

Thanks for the heads up 👍🏻

The White Lotus. Very weird and strangely disturbing. But thoroughly enjoying its originality.

I’m going to go out on a limb here given the membership demographics but Modern Love on Amazon really is very well done. A series of half hour episodes based on stories from the New York Times column ‘Modern Love’.

Another vote for White Lotus here. Superb, thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel manager is such a great character and really makes it all come together.

Also watching 9 Perfect Strangers and enjoying that too. Similar to the above, but with the humorous elements replaced with suspense.

Yea +1 on 9 Perfect Strangers. Click Bait on Netflix has an interesting story line too

Master
    Started Annika last night, really enjoying it as easy to watch. Bit weird when the lead talks to the camera though!

Vigil on BBC1 is really good. Two episodes down and can't wait for the next.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Vigil on BBC1 is really good. Two episodes down and can't wait for the next.
    Good shout, forgot I had watched those 2 episodes.

Guys give Hit and Run on NF a go, seen the lead actor in Fauda as well. Pretty good show, twists and turns. With a watch for sure

Married at First Sight, what a car crash. I love it.

Master
    Don't know if it's been mentioned previously but I've just caught up and binge watched Baghdad Central on Chanel 4, absolutely A+, detective Film Noir set in Baghdad in 2003.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/baghdad-central

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Married at First Sight, what a car crash. I love it.
    Haven’t watched the new UK one yet but the Aussi season 5 and 6 was the same car crash but addictive

Master
    Just a one off, Schumacher on Netflix took me back years!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned previously but I've just caught up and binge watched Baghdad Central on Chanel 4, absolutely A+, detective Film Noir set in Baghdad in 2003.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/baghdad-central
    Just binged this over the weekend(only 6 episodes)
    Excellent .

Animal Kingdom based on an Australian Crime family (set in California) is worth a watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5574490/

North Water is superb

Most of the way though 'squid game' on Netflix, Korean drama, pretty gruesome in places, so not one for the kids. English dubbing is pretty bad, so maybe Korean with subtitles would be best, but I hate subtitles

If you want something lighthearted and funny, I can thoroughly recommend Sex Education on Netflix.

It will be a bit Marmite, but if you liked the Inbetweeners you will like this, this even has some genuinely touching moments too. Not one to watch with the kids.

Master
    If no-one has mentioned, Clickbait on Netflix is quite engaging. I’m reaching the denouement so no spoilers please!

If you have Disney+ I can thoroughly recommend Only Murders in the Building. Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez in a murder mystery with a little French farce / Monty Python vibe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Most of the way though 'squid game' on Netflix, Korean drama, pretty gruesome in places, so not one for the kids. English dubbing is pretty bad, so maybe Korean with subtitles would be best, but I hate subtitles
    Just finishing the first episode. Dubbing is poor as you say, but will forgive that based on the content. Loving it!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm watching squid game with subtitles as cant stand bad dubbing.

It's absolutely brilliant and I'm hooked. On ep 6 now but will binge and finish it later.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

It's absolutely brilliant and I'm hooked. On ep 6 now but will binge and finish it later.
    I just finished it. It's brilliant!!!!! Ep 7 is truely awesome. Enjoy.

It's a belter. There's no way I could watch it dubbed.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Wishing I hadn’t binged it in 2 sittings as nothing I’m watching has me as gripped currently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Finished it last night, superb.
    Left it well open for season 2 I hope.

Sorry if this is a really daft question, but how do I watch the 'undubbed' version of this on Netflix, as I seem to only be able to find the (awfully) dubbed version.
    Is it in settings or is there another version somewhere on there?
    TIA
    PLEASE IGNORE - NOW FOUND WHAT I NEED IN SETTINGS.
    Last edited by Maysie; 4th October 2021 at 15:48.

Kingdom is brilliant on Netflix. Two seasons. Obviously watch it in Korean and not dubbed. Period drama Walking Dead but so much better than that.

Midnight Diner and the follow up Tokyo Stories is one of my favourite shows of the last few years. Five seasons. 20 minute eps and odd in a superb Japanese drama way. Netflix and undubbed. It’s different story every Ep set in a diner only open from midnight to 7am. Repeat characters. It’s insane genius in my eyes.
    Last edited by Albellisimo; 6th October 2021 at 00:14.

Not sure about the VIPs being out of that dogging doc on C4 though……….

Master
    I’ve just started on season 4 of Goliath on Prime, and the first episode might just be the best looking show on TV. It combines styles from the history of cinema, with nods to old westerns, film noir, rear window and many others, all served up with the twist of stunning 4K HDR. More than once I felt like I was watching Blade Runner, both original and new.

Other shows have tried this kind of thing, notably Fargo with a Wizard of Oz tribute episode, and Billions with a four and a half minute shot of a slightly stoned Chuck frying an egg, in tribute to an Indy film no one has seen. But they felt self conscious and took you out of the story. Here it actually works, creating a luscious dreamscape as a Billy Bob Thornton drifts half dead and half alive through the neon lit San Francisco Chinatown. I do hope they can keep this up. You really do need the 4K HDR to see it in its full glory though, they really have nailed this format, reimagining the great cinematography of the past for a new era. And it sounds great too!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo View Post
    Not sure about the VIPs being out of that dogging doc on C4 though……….

HAH! Oh god I know. I saw the "documentary" about the dogging and now every time I hear BJ I have to say "do you want a BJ terreyyyyyyy" in a Birmingham accent.

I scanned through Netflix and Amazon Prime last night for a good thirty minutes and couldn't find anything that I fancied.

I don't like sci fi or fantasy which seems to make up quite a lot of programming nowadays.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I’ve just started on season 4 of Goliath on Prime, and the first episode might just be the best looking show on TV. It combines styles from the history of cinema, with nods to old westerns, film noir, rear window and many others, all served up with the twist of stunning 4K HDR. More than once I felt like I was watching Blade Runner, both original and new.

Other shows have tried this kind of thing, notably Fargo with a Wizard of Oz tribute episode, and Billions with a four and a half minute shot of a slightly stoned Chuck frying an egg, in tribute to an Indy film no one has seen. But they felt self conscious and took you out of the story. Here it actually works, creating a luscious dreamscape as a Billy Bob Thornton drifts half dead and half alive through the neon lit San Francisco Chinatown. I do hope they can keep this up. You really do need the 4K HDR to see it in its full glory though, they really have nailed this format, reimagining the great cinematography of the past for a new era. And it sounds great too!
    Couldn’t agree more, here’s hoping they do a season 5!

On a similar vibe, for those that have been watching Ted Lasso season 2 Episode 9 ‘beard after hours’ was another such episode weird and whacky.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post

[QUOTE=Anygreg;5847508]Couldn’t agree more, here’s hoping they do a season 5!

We enjoyed the first three series over the course of a week after recommendation. We were excited about the new season 4 but when it aired we were left a bit bemused by the dream/flashback surreal sequences which we felt did nothing for the story. A modicum of fast-forwarding sorted that out. Great to see Lenora Crichlow (Being Human) on screen and Jena Malone (Hungergames). Billy Bob always good value.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Finished Midnight Mass over the weekend and thought it was excellent albeit slightly predictable.
    Just enough creep without being ott.