closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Blog Entries
    Well I've binged a bit on Luke Cage and really enjoying it so far, only 2 more episodes to go before s1 is done. Bear in mind I've watched all of DD s1 & s2 but only 1 episode of Jessica Jones and have no idea whether that makes a difference or not to the backstory..........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Well I've binged a bit on Luke Cage and really enjoying it so far, only 2 more episodes to go before s1 is done. Bear in mind I've watched all of DD s1 & s2 but only 1 episode of Jessica Jones and have no idea whether that makes a difference or not to the backstory..........
    I can't say it does. Luke's appearences in Jessica Jones help set up the character, but so far I think it works as a stand-alone series. That is to say - watching Jessica Jones before Luke Cage is not essential.

I did find that Jessica Jones took me two attempts to get into. It was a bit of a slow starter, but when I made it past episode 2 or 3 and some of the plot was explained a little better, I found it easier to watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Fleabag
    I watched it having heard the star/writer interviewed about it on Radio4. No spoilers (it's hardly a drama after all) but it was quite different than I expected and left me confused by its rollercoaster of comedy/sympathy and real distaste. Definitely an interesting watch - I'd certainly like to see the one-woman show it came from now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by astonandy; 6th October 2016 at 16:16.

Craftsman
    Laid on Netflix. Australian comedy about a woman who discovers that everyone she ever slept with is dying in the order she slept with them. First series is very funny (second takes a weird direction - you have been warned).

Also The Strange Calls - another Australian Netflix gem. Tales of the Unexpected with its tongue firmly in its cheek. Loved this.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by doebag View Post
    I did find that Jessica Jones took me two attempts to get into. It was a bit of a slow starter, but when I made it past episode 2 or 3 and some of the plot was explained a little better, I found it easier to watch.
    I don't know how you had the resolve to make it past episode 2. I simply couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try again.

Master
    Just finally watched "the night of". Simply brilliant.

Watching the 3rd episode of season 1 of Designated Survivor, and the soundtrack is so so 24, I have a feeling this show could be quite a big show. Maybe even on par with 24. Time will tell.

If course, I am quite bias when it comes to Kiefer having met him personally.

I've been impressed with "Designated Survivor" and "Westworld." My favorite new series, though is the sleeper "Quarry." It follows a disenfranchised U.S. Marine back from Vietnam in 1972 who is forced to become a hired assassin by a sinister gentleman who calls himself the 'Broker.'

Journeyman
    Narcos was completely unputdownable! The Wire too obviously, all time favorite of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Watching the 3rd episode of season 1 of Designated Survivor, and the soundtrack is so so 24, I have a feeling this show could be quite a big show. Maybe even on par with 24. Time will tell.

If course, I am quite bias when it comes to Kiefer having met him personally.
    KS is a producer on Designated and there are so many similarities between it and 24. It even starts with 'Previously on...' summary by KS.

Journeyman
    Another fan of Designated Survivor here. I watched all three episodes so far on Netflix yesterday. Found it very entertaining.

Another series I should add to the list, its a period drama, 1970's, Quarry.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post

Discovered this a few nights ago and really enjoying it.
    There are a few plot holes, but it's based on comic books so what do you expect?
    Even the villain is strangely likeable, and there is some great music (not my usual choice, but works superbly well). Just watched Episode 4 and really looking forward to the rest.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The exorcist is great. Gina Davis is brilliant in it.

Master
    Anybody watched "The Affair"?
    Watched episode 1 last night and seemed decent.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDY View Post
    I watched Westworld last night, im still on the fence with it so a few more episodes before I give it a mark out of 10.
    Watched 2 episodes and still undecided myself. Sidse Babett Knudsen certainly brings a certain appeal.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Anybody watched "The Affair"?
    Watched episode 1 last night and seemed decent.
    It's excellent, well acted and the 2 characters viewpoints a novel plot device and quite unusual.

I thought might just be a rom dram for er indoors but there's a lot of layers going on too.

I've finished season 2 so carry on enjoying it...

I'm also enjoying Westworld,

I know she's a slim woman but surprised and impressed by Thandie Newton as quite high profile actress going almost totally naked at her age (in Hollywood terms she's ancient)

Great fun it is though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Watched 2 episodes and still undecided myself. Sidse Babett Knudsen certainly brings a certain appeal.
    Indeed but difficult to beat Borgan

Any good completed action TV-series?

I simply don't have the patience nowadays to watch something that's ongoing and might be going on for eons to come, unless its some mindless comedy.

I've enjoyed Breaking Bad, The Wire , Dexter, and a few others

Another show I'm currently enjoying, Spotless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post

I simply don't have the patience nowadays to watch something that's ongoing and might be going on for eons to come, unless its some mindless comedy.

You ever watch The Shield. That was good.

Anyone else the Dusk till Dawn TV series? There's some parts I love but others I find maddening...Robert Partick as the dad in the RV is great, the two brothers less so. Wondering if it's worth sticking with. I'm 4 episodes in now

Blog Entries
    Just completed Jessica Jones (s1) on Netflix to add to Daredevil (s1, s2) and Luke Cage (s1). All good IMHO.

Still really enjoying Designated Survivor, though as it's a weekly release, can't binge watch it! Now need to get back to Narcos (s1).......

I'm really glad I got my Netflix subs, though I have to admit it was only due to nagging from my (teenage) kids.

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Indeed but difficult to beat Borgan
    Yes probably the finest Scandi Drama ever !....apart from The Killing, Beck, Arne Dahl,

I am watching The Blacklist - James Spader is rather good and rather funny.

My son (and therefore me) is also watching Grimm - fodder, but watchable.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Season 3 of Black Mirror just came available on Netflix (here), a sort of 'Twilight Zone' for the 21st century.

Watching 'Chance' which has just started, looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    You ever watch The Shield. That was good.
    YES! I did watch that as well.

Craftsman
    I don't think I've posted this (though I post on quite a few places) but watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. I love it, but I think it's one of these things that some people won't. It's Tina Fey, so very 30 Rock. So very fast-paced, clever etc.

Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt. Washed-up lawyer takes on the big boys. First episode is slow whilst they set the scene and introduce the characters but the pace picks up after that. First season of 8 episodes available on Amazon (other sources are available).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt.

Just started that last night, looks promising. Billy Bob Thornton is always good value and was great in Fargo S1.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post

Banshee, super violent and only 4 short seasons. As a bonus the women are amazing

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Brooklyn nine nine is a good 20mins switch brain off police comedy. I'm on season 3 now.

Master
    I'm halfway through Daredevil, which is excellent apart from (previously mentioned) the chap who plays Foggy.
    The worst casting choice in history, not even good as a bit of comic relief. Sadly, I doubt he's going anywhere - they tend not to kill off main players, and he's a staple character in the comics.

Luke Cage, I watched two episodes and it's quite good, but I'll watch Jessica Jones first I think. I don't really like Mike Colter as the main character in that, I think he's a terribly wooden actor, certainly in the first episode, but maybe he'll loosen up a bit. It's got exceptional ratings so they must have gotten something right.

Thought it would be really naff, but must admit i'm really enjoying the new fantasy comedy 'Zapped' on Dave. Paul Kaye is just brilliant as the wizard/magic shop owner

Brighty
    Last edited by Brighty; 25th October 2016 at 13:25.

New series of Ash vs Evil Dead is really good so far. First two episodes are good, with the second one being excellent and really funnny. Third episode was ok.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Brooklyn nine nine is a good 20mins switch brain off police comedy. I'm on season 3 now.
    One of the funniest things on TV. Hardly original concept, but brilliant IMO.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ^ I love Gina.

Loving Black Mirror, series 3. Just finished episode 4 this morning and will watch the last 2 tonight.

Big fan of Aquarius, and loving season 2 but gutted to find out it's been cancelled.

Really enjoying the time travel series, Timeless, known cast members, and believable history, its kind of like Quantum Leap, but with three unlikely heroes.

I'm going to have a look at an older one this week, "Shark" with James Woods. We don't like watching a series whilst it's current, you can't get immersed in it when you just watch one episode a week (and then have to wait 6 months for the new season).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    ^ I love Gina.

Yes. Only found out recently, she's a comic in her own right. Which makes sense. I am a little in love with Rosa.

Craftsman
    A very late start for me, but enjoying "Orange is the new black" with the missus... Added to: suits, blacklist, walking dead, the americans

I've abandoned "Quarry" after 3 episodes, painfully slow and I couldn't see where it was going. I know it's normal for the first episode or two to set the scene and introduce the characters but I expect it to start moving by episode 3.

Eddie

Craftsman
    So i have started watching "The night of.."

It's a new HBO, drama series.

Itunes give you the first episode for free (sneaky) and i felt compelled to buy the rest.

Genuinely gripping if not very dark. It involves murder, detectives, jail, lawyers, court rooms, family dynamics. V good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
    So i have started watching "The night of.."

It's a new HBO, drama series.

Itunes give you the first episode for free (sneaky) and i felt compelled to buy the rest.

Genuinely gripping if not very dark. It involves murder, detectives, jail, lawyers, court rooms, family dynamics. V good.
    This... 6 episodes in ..Hooked

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt. Washed-up lawyer takes on the big boys. First episode is slow whilst they set the scene and introduce the characters but the pace picks up after that. First season of 8 episodes available on Amazon (other sources are available).

Eddie
    Second this recommendation. Binged watch this series.

Craftsman
    The exorcist is great. Gina Davis is brilliant in it.
    The Exorcist is probably my all time favourite film, so I was really worried that it's legacy was going to get trampled by a cash in TV series (how it's managed to survive the woeful sequels is an ongoing mystery). But I have to take my hat off to the writers and producers of the new show: they seem to have captured some of the spirit (evil or otherwise) of the original movie and the pace, plotting and cast are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Sorry if someone has already mention this but Band of Brothers is very good.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Band of Brothers, then do The Pacific.

Have just binge-watched Designated Survivor to get up to date - what a brilliant show. Shades of House of Cards (especially musically), but a different take on the US political system.