closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Blog Entries
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but 4 Blocks is well worth watching on Prime.
    It needs subtitles as in German

Journeyman
    Another vote for Tribes Of Europe, not sure if it’s been mentioned but Lupin was very good.

Just been watching one of the original James Herriot episodes. Brilliant. There was a scene where he was up to his armpit in the back of a cow trying to sort out the calf's legs. I remarked to my wife that it reminded me of when I helped her give birth to our daughter on the bathroom floor. My comment did not go down well! 😁

Craftsman
    The new one on netflix, behind her eyes, ie very good. Bit of a slow starter but gets really good and only 6 episodes so not the longest watch

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    The new one on netflix, behind her eyes, ie very good. Bit of a slow starter but gets really good and only 6 episodes so not the longest watch

I’m on episode 5 and loving it so far

Snowpiercer is not bad - really liked the original novel and movie, the show is a bit of a different take but quite enjoyable nonetheless

Wandavision, it evolves very quickly.

Craftsman
    Netflix.
    White House farm.
    Jeremy Bamber murders.
    Six episodes total.
    Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I thought the first couple of episodes were bizarre but stuck with it and I’m glad I did

Zero zero zero
    Devils

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Zero zero zero
    Devils
    Devils is on my watch list but I can't be bothered to subscribe to now TV just to watch it. Is it avaliable from any other sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Just been watching one of the original James Herriot episodes. Brilliant. There was a scene where he was up to his armpit in the back of a cow trying to sort out the calf's legs. I remarked to my wife that it reminded me of when I helped her give birth to our daughter on the bathroom floor. My comment did not go down well! 
    The recent series was pretty good (the Christmas special, perhaps not so much) - It was on C5, so I suspect you might find it on their Catch Up service.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Schitts Creek

I am very late to the party with this one, but thanks to the previous posters for the recommendation.

Ultimately I really came to enjoy this, but you do have to get through the first few episodes before it becomes comfortable. The main issue (for me) was the main characters are so dislikeable and annoying that it made it uncomfortable to watch. It was obviously the intention to make them dislikeable, so it just takes a while to settle in.

I assume you don't mean All Creatures Great and Small?

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I assume you don't mean All Creatures Great and Small?

M

If that is aimed at me, then no I don't.
    I mean Schitts Creek, as the title of my post. Maybe not visible on Tapatalk?

Master
    I tried for a season and a half with schitt's creek and just don’t get it. Mildly amusing, not at all heart warming and generally a bit meh.

I think I am probably missing something because it is so popular but I have tried.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I tried for a season and a half with schitt's creek and just don’t get it. Mildly amusing, not at all heart warming and generally a bit meh.

I think I am probably missing something because it is so popular but I have tried.......

I totally understand where you are coming from. I think it is a Marmite series.

It is not a rip-roaring gag-per-minute show by any means.

The Terror is now on iPlayer. I haven't watched it, but it's supposed to be great. Few years old now, and I'd almost given up on getting to watch it for free, but that's my weekend sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    If that is aimed at me, then no I don't.
    I mean Schitts Creek, as the title of my post. Maybe not visible on Tapatalk?
    Ah, no, the title didn't show on Tapatalk...

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    The Terror is now on iPlayer. I haven't watched it, but it's supposed to be great. Few years old now, and I'd almost given up on getting to watch it for free, but that's my weekend sorted.
    I watched the first two episodes last night - First was glacial and not (I thought) a great opening, but the second was better.

Not sure how they're going to stretch it over 10 episodes without it being very slow, though, to be honest...

M

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Having just finished the Michael Palin Erebus book I find this quite intriguing.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Ridley Scott’s Terror, bloody brilliant! Hats off to the BEEB

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    Loving Better Call Saul at the moment... captivating.

Just started Bates Motel... - very promising start...
    Just started Bates Motel on BBC iPlayer, completed first series and now onto second. Good characters and actors, Twin Peakish but without the total Lynch weirdness. Lynch stuff is hard to touch, but this does not take away from Bates Motel.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Been watching Future Man on Prime. An acquired taste for sure and if you don’t like Seth Rogan you won’t like this! But I think it’s great.

Craftsman
    I binged The Wilds on prime last weekend, I do love a shipwrecked/survival situation!

Not new, 'Outlander' on Amazon Prime video, I've just binge watched five seasons and there' a sixth season currently in the making.

Blog Entries
    Been back several pages in the thread and haven't seen a mention for the Netflix series Your Honor with Bryan Cranston. I'm only four episodes in to the 10-episode series but it draws you in quickly. Without giving anything away, you can tell the mistakes that Cranston's character is making in his attempt to cover things up in the first episode but I guess without those, there wouldn't be much of a programme.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Been back several pages in the thread and haven't seen a mention for the Netflix series Your Honor with Bryan Cranston. I'm only four episodes in to the 10-episode series but it draws you in quickly. Without giving anything away, you can tell the mistakes that Cranston's character is making in his attempt to cover things up in the first episode but I guess without those, there wouldn't be much of a programme.
    Are you sure it's on Netflix? I've just watched the whole thing on Now TV (Sky Atlantic) and it only got released earlier this week, in the UK at least, and hence probably why no previous mentions on here. It's well worth watching too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    Are you sure it's on Netflix? I've just watched the whole thing on Now TV (Sky Atlantic) and it only got released earlier this week, in the UK at least, and hence probably why no previous mentions on here. It's well worth watching too.
    Sorry, you're right. It's Now TV or Sky catch up

I just finished watching The Terror on iPlayer. The supernatural elements were woven in very subtly from early on accompanying the real horrors of isolation, cold and heavy metal poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Having just finished the Michael Palin Erebus book I find this quite intriguing.
    I didn't make it to the end of the 1st episode - I often struggle with historical dramas because they frequently take liberties with the actualité but this takes it to a completely different level. Probably my loss for being unable to suspend disbelief but I thought the budget and the amount of acting talent was wasted on a horror film (which I'll admit is not my thing anyway) - at least Hammer House of Horror had the occasional pair of tits. Michael Palin must be turning in his coffee table.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    I’m sure it’s been mentioned previously,
    Cobra Kai on Netflix

Master

Any good New TV Series worth watching

We just finished Call my Agent on Netflix. It deserves the good reviews it gets.

Unusual as it is in French with English subtitles so occasional ‘”go back a bit’” button presses should be anticipated.

The story is of a talent agency placing their actors with movies, the scheming to get them the jobs and the unreason requests of their actors/clients.

Worth a watch..

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    We just finished Call my Agent on Netflix. It deserves the good reviews it gets.

Unusual as it is in French with English subtitles so occasional ‘”go back a bit’” button presses should be anticipated.

The story is of a talent agency placing their actors with movies, the scheming to get them the jobs and the unreason requests of their actors/clients.

Worth a watch..
    Love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Call My Agent! (Dix pour Cent) Series 4 now on Netflix.
    Magnifique.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I just finished watching The Terror on iPlayer. The supernatural elements were woven in very subtly from early on accompanying the real horrors of isolation, cold and heavy metal poisoning.
    Just finished it myself, very dark and done well.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Has anyone watched devils? Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I didn't make it to the end of the 1st episode - I often struggle with historical dramas because they frequently take liberties with the actualité but this takes it to a completely different level. Probably my loss for being unable to suspend disbelief but I thought the budget and the amount of acting talent was wasted on a horror film (which I'll admit is not my thing anyway) - at least Hammer House of Horror had the occasional pair of tits. Michael Palin must be turning in his coffee table.
    It's based on a novel, based around a real event. It's not a documentary.

Personally, I just find it heavy going.

M

After recommending the Terror on here a few weeks ago, I finally got around to watching the first episode, hated it, gave up half way through. Then I decided to carry on, and I think it's good. Perhaps very good.

Also been watching The Mandalorian. It's so beautifully realised that it makes the abysmal A-Team storylines even more frustrating.

Also watching a few episodes of House here and there. That could never fly these days. He's a racist, sexist bully who'd be sacked before he even got to say "it's not lupus" on his first patient.

Master

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Love it
    My partner and I were discussing last night my lack of closure on the main protagonist ( Eloise?) having not having a big fall.

I understand it ran it’s course but some lose ends that I felt should have been resolved.

Your Honour

Your Honour is one of the best pilot series box sets I’ve seen in a while.

It’s suspenseful and edge of your seat entertainment.

Just give it one episode, is all I’m going to say....

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    Your Honour is one of the best pilot series box sets I’ve seen in a while.

It’s suspenseful and edge of your seat entertainment.

Just give it one episode, is all I’m going to say....
    Very good in general, but I was slightly disappointed with the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Has anyone watched devils? Any good?
    I thought so.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Fat Tony & co on prime, a few years old now, part of the underbelly stable about Melbourne organised crime.
    Worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Started watching it last month but gave up half way through episode 2 as it was just weird. Now just finished it and definitely worth the effort. Really different from the usual Marvel spin offs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Fat Tony & co on prime, a few years old now, part of the underbelly stable about Melbourne organised crime.
    Worth a watch.
    Missed this, will give it a go. The Underbelly series was excellent!

Master
    The Terror is pretty good and refreshingly unwoke!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Started watching it last month but gave up half way through episode 2 as it was just weird. Now just finished it and definitely worth the effort. Really different from the usual Marvel spin offs.
    It turns from the end of Ep 2 & gets into it's stride. My daughter implored me to stick with it & she was right

Just catching up with Unforgotten, it's only taken us 4 series to get around to watching it.
    What took us so long?!

- - - Updated - - -

Just catching up with Unforgotten, it's only taken us 4 series to get around to watching it.
    What took us so long?!

Watching Queen of the south on Netflix atm, currently on series 4 (series 5 &6 apparently in the works): Its great show although not quite up to Narchos and El Chappo standards but well worth a watch and Camilla Varga is one of the best villains ever!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Unbelievable on Netflix. Toni Collette and Merrit Wever are superb.
    First episode is uncomfortable scene setting, but the detective work kicks in at episode 2 and its completely gripping.
    Best ive seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    My pleasure.

I'm two episodes into The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It's early days, feels quite typically Marvel so far, that said the banter/ fractious relationship of the two leads has been pretty funny and there's a new Capt America already!

Master
    Line of Duty is back again, 100% worth a watch, if you haven't seen the first 4 series, catch up with those too!