closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,250 of 5446

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Craftsman

Marcella - ITV

Just watched the 1st episode of Season 3 of Marcella having previously enjoyed Season 1 & 3 on ITV.

Anna Friel is good. This series also has Amanda Burton (I've only seen her in Silent Witness) in it and she played a good role in this first episode.

4 episodes in to 'the outsider' on HBO , very similar atmosphere to season 1 of true detective (dark supernatural detective) - worth a look

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8550800/

Master
    Loved Goliath

Really enjoyed Snowfall on bbc i player.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Not a new series but can recommend The Serpent. We watched it on catch up couple of episodes a night and thought it was really good. Really gives a good impression of somebody truly evil and how they got away with murder, literally, for a long time.
    I watched the
    first episode last night and really enjoyed it, if enjoyed is the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I wish that I’d watched it in Spanish with subtitles, I always find voice overs incredibly off putting.
    I have to say I found Money Heist quite tedious and didn’t even finish the first season. Just got sillier and sillier

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by barty9 View Post
    Really enjoyed Snowfall on bbc i player.
    +1.. really good..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Just watched the 1st episode of Season 3 of Marcella having previously enjoyed Season 1 & 3 on ITV.

Anna Friel is good. This series also has Amanda Burton (I've only seen her in Silent Witness) in it and she played a good role in this first episode.
    Watched 1 & 2 recently on Netflix..so had to watch 3. Though S3 was pointless and nothing to do with 1 and 2. Poor acting and terrible story line.

Master
    Best two comedy series I've seen are The Good Place (finished) and Schitts Creek (halfway through). Both excellent and bite-size (20-ish minute episodes).

I'm struggling for a decent drama/thriller/action series. Started Banshee but 5 episodes in and I'm not overly enamored. It's watchable but I really don't like any of the main characters... no point watching if I'm rooting for the bad guys to win. . Does it improve, can anyone tell me without spoilers?

The trouble with finding something good is the ability to binge watch. We get onto a new series and destroy it in a week.

Journeyman
    The Expanse - glad I got this as a suggestion, fantastic series with consistent quality over the seasons

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gex23 View Post
    The Expanse - glad I got this as a suggestion, fantastic series with consistent quality over the seasons
    My favourite too. But I've forced myself not to watch the new episodes so I can binge 2 or 3 at once. I've read all the books anyway, twice.

Watched the first one of It's a sin last night. Remember the furore surrounding the outbreak at the time.
    Good music score and should be an enjoyable watch if not a touch bleak.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Agree with Its a Sin, watched it all Saturday afternoon when it was raining.

Scary how misunderstood it all was, really good character development I thought & the music was great all the way through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any good New TV Series worth watching

The Americans on prime, KGB spies undercover living in the US. Enjoying it 4 seasons in with 6 seasons total, happy days

Also check out bloodline, another cracker of a show

I'd echo all the positive comments on The Serpent. Very well done - tense and intriguing insight into a true story.

Something else I enjoyed, which I though looked absolutely terrible when I first saw the trailers, is Ted Lasso. It's a comedy about a small time, yet energetic and optimistic American football coach who is hired to manage a failing Premier league football team. Initially I'd written it off, but I saw some really positive reviews so I watched it with my wife and we both really enjoyed it and found it a tonic to the miserable situation at the moment.

I'm revisiting Toast of London. One of the funniest programmes I've ever seen.

Watched the first couple of episodes of Finding Alice starring Keeley Hawes. I just don't get it. I looked up to plot and read that it was supposed to be a dark comedy, but I'm really struggling to find anything amusing in, other then Nigel Havers and Joanna Lumley's terricle acting. Anyone else?

Also, been watching The Drowning this week. Think it's an ok story and was going quite well, but for some reason (I won't spoil) it became a bit too unrealistic in last night's episode.
    Still, Jill Halfpenny's very easy on the eye, so I think it'll keep my attention until the end of the series

John

Bridgerton - There, I've said it. On Netfilx, an enjoyable romp (and rumpy) through London's high society, witty dialogue and sumptous production. Thought I would hate it but, it is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    Totally agree, it's pure comedy genius

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Finding Alice starring Keeley Hawes. I just don't get it. I looked up to plot and read that it was supposed to be a dark comedy, but I'm really struggling to find anything amusing in, other then Nigel Havers and Joanna Lumley's terricle acting. Anyone else?
    Agreed - it's pretty poor.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Agreed - it's pretty poor.
    I nearly gave up after the second episode, but persevered and it did improve a little ep3 onwards. Still strange though, not sure what it was really supposed to be.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Not a new series but can recommend The Serpent. We watched it on catch up couple of episodes a night and thought it was really good. Really gives a good impression of somebody truly evil and how they got away with murder, literally, for a long time.
    The drugging in episode 1 left me feeling a bit sick. Haven’t watched any since.

Master
    Have just finished watching the three series of Cobra Kai on Netflix.

The scripts are not clever, the acting Is a bit hit (no pun intended) and miss and the storylines are super-predictable.

However, if you want to park your brain, each episode is a 30 minute nostalgic romp through the 80's, and earlier in some flashback scenes, which does not take itself too seriously. I really enjoyed it !

Like everything on Netflix, it is worth watching for 10 minutes to see if you would enjoy a bit more.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    Have just finished watching the three series of Cobra Kai on Netflix.

The scripts are not clever, the acting Is a bit hit (no pun intended) and miss and the storylines are super-predictable.

However, if you want to park your brain, each episode is a 30 minute nostalgic romp through the 80's, and earlier in some flashback scenes, which does not take itself too seriously. I really enjoyed it !

Like everything on Netflix, it is worth watching for 10 minutes to see if you would enjoy a bit more.

Will give this a try tonight!

Master

Hi Tommy

Hope you enjoy ! In the meantime I will be thinking of useful things to do with single and multiwall CNTs !

Best wishes Gary

Its a sin on channel 4 is excellent

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post

Hi Tommy

Hope you enjoy ! In the meantime I will be thinking of useful things to do with single and multiwall CNTs !

Best wishes Gary

Cheers Gary,

Indeed I think about how to modify these CNTs on a daily basis! Good progress lately...

Hope all is well:)

Tommy

Master
    Excellent Tommy !

Nobel prize winning stuff ? (Someone has to win them and it almost certainly will not be me).

Gary

Master
    Just finished binge watching ZeroZeroZero on Sky Atlantic and for those who liked Gomorrah etc. this is right up your street being from the same writer. Definitely one to watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    It's fantastic. We do make some great comedies in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    Just finished binge watching ZeroZeroZero on Sky Atlantic and for those who liked Gomorrah etc. this is right up your street being from the same writer. Definitely one to watch.
    I started this last night. It looks great so far.

Young Wallander

Just watched season 1 on Netflix
    Really liked it , although its Young Wallander it is set now , with an English cast apart from Wallander himself
    Strong storyline and well made looked great in DV ( Dolby Vision ) on Netflix

Cheers

22 years after it first aired, and probably 10 years since I last watched the entire series, I’m back on to The Sopranos, and I don’t think there’s been a better show made since.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    22 years after it first aired, and probably 10 years since I last watched the entire series, I’m back on to The Sopranos, and I don’t think there’s been a better show made since.
    Did the same a few months ago and completely agree, an epic, epic show.

If you haven't watched The Wire that should be on the list too if you liked The Sopranos.

Just finished the whole thing, again, about 2 weeks back, still feeling the sense of loss...The Wire's not quite there but a close second, give, allow your ear time to adjust to the street lingo...Dominic West as McNulty was one of several excellent performers in that show.

Totally different vein but I'm enjoying WandaVision and Your Honour is not bad, although the mob boss in that show has nothing on Tony S.
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th February 2021 at 13:04.

Journeyman
    Still my favourite too. I've lost count on the number of times I've watched them all now.

Just started watching The Serpent, but I'm struggling not to think

Whenever I see Alain...

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

It's a long time since I watched it, but the episode that sticks in my mind is when they went to Italy. As I remember it, the Italian mafia were based in a marble villa in beautiful countryside, and lived a cultred lifestyle. Then in contrast, Paulie came out with the line "I'm gonna hoof it back to the excelsior. I gotta take a wicked shit."

Definitely the best TV I’ve seen since Breaking Bad-
    It’s on More4

Blown Away on Netflix. It's Bake Off but for glass blowing. Really quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    My favourite too. But I've forced myself not to watch the new episodes so I can binge 2 or 3 at once. I've read all the books anyway, twice.
    Prepare yourself for the season finally!!

A Discovery of Witches, is worth a punt very watchable.

Not new but new to me, 'Unforgotten' series 1-3 on Netflix. Well written UK detective drama. It is an ITV series from 2015 and series 4 is due to start soon.
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 9th February 2021 at 20:46.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am watching it for the first time at the moment.

Enjoying it a lot but it wouldn’t make my top 10 of series I don’t think.

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    Jeez. Each to their own but seriously what 10 TV series are better?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    I am watching it for the first time at the moment.

Harsh critic.

Started watching ZeroZeroZero last night. Certainly enjoyed episode 1.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If you haven't watched The Wire that should be on the list too if you liked The Sopranos.
    Tony, Christopher and the rest will be legends that live on forever....best TV show ever.

If you start watching clips on youtube its hard to stop

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    watched the first episode...quite tense but looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Started watching ZeroZeroZero last night. Certainly enjoyed episode 1.
    Starting watching last night and was really promising but wife was working on laptop next to me and complained she couldn’t follow the subtitles. #eyeroll

Looks like something I’ll have to pick up alone as if it’s not work it’s Candy Crush averting her attention.