closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

I am enjoying Fear The Walking Dead.... BUT the mother Madison's decisions might be for dramatic effect but by god she's p****ing me off.......

SPOILER ALERT..................

let's light a neon sign on top of the hotel and attract every gangbanger, wanderer whatever....just because your son who wandered off by choice on his own might see it..... CHRIST ...I'd have shot her myself several episodes back by now and found a lush latina salma hayek half my age lookalike instead......

Turn on Amazon Prime.

I searched for 'Spotless' and this thread did turn up, but to mention it again I think it's actually quite a good series. Looking forward to series 2 which should be coming next year.

Entertaining, quite dark but with some funny moments. Worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    I searched for 'Spotless' and this thread did turn up, but to mention it again I think it's actually quite a good series. Looking forward to series 2 which should be coming next year.

Will give that a ago. Also looking into Marcella.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post

We just watched Spotless and I would praise it more than being quite a good series we thought it was superb brilliantly acted and so tense I would recommend anyone to watch it

Craftsman
    I'll keep an eye on this thread, currently laid up but just watched the 1st series of Mr. Robot, very entertaining and just about to d/load the 2nd series. Also looking at Narcos.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    We just watched Spotless and I would praise it more than being quite a good series we thought it was superb brilliantly acted and so tense I would recommend anyone to watch it

The 'gangsta' family is great and Martin is really good. I just have reservations about Jean, but he's OK. Otherwise I'm glad it isn't just me who really liked it! :)

Blog Entries
    Just watched the pilot for 'Designated Survivor' - thought it was pretty good and looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Fleabag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Just watched the pilot for 'Designated Survivor' - thought it was pretty good and looking forward to seeing the next episode.
    Likewise, this series has a lot of potential of being a great show.

Big fan of Kiefer too, met up with him in New York back in 2011 when I was invited out there for 24 hours to pick up my Shorty Award, loads of people there including an American Astronaut who I actually shook hands with :)

Got The Fall Season 3 episode 1 to watch this evening.

Doctor Foster has been renewed for a second season on Netflix.
    Last edited by SSTEEL; 28th September 2016 at 04:54.

I'm enjoying "The Night Of" just now....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    I'm enjoying "The Night Of" just now....
    Just finished this one and it's a worthy recommendation.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Watching American gothic at the minute, and enjoying it.

Same here...Looks excellent.

Just finished watching The Fall, first episode of the latest series, and wow! Such a great episode to kickstart this final series. I won't spoil it for anyone, but their really pushed the boat out with this series, the level of detail, editing, and, well, I'll shut up, you are all in for a treat.

Craftsman
    Last night SWMBO & I watched the first two episodes of a Channel 4 mini-series called National Treasure.

It stars Robbie Coltrane and Julie Walters. Robbie Coltrane plays a 80's/90's TV comedian who is accused of historic sexual abuse. It's pretty gripping stuff, because actually Robbie's character is equal parts likeable and detestable. Your opinion of whether you think he's innocent or guilty changes from scene to scene.

I have to say, IMO for a while Netflix and other streaming services really had the lead on quality original content, and it's forced network TV channels to up their game. Along with the series Humans (back soon!), Channel 4 is doing a bloody good job!

Craftsman
    What channel/service is designated survivor on?

Been watching Ash Vs Evil Dead, love it as am a big fan but it's not exactly mentally challenging!
    Also been watching Edge of Darkness which is great, but not sure it counts as "new".

Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    What channel/service is designated survivor on?

Been watching Ash Vs Evil Dead, love it as am a big fan but it's not exactly mentally challenging!
    Also been watching Edge of Darkness which is great, but not sure it counts as "new".
    It's on Netflix. I actually thought the pilot was just ok, but I'm going to continue watching as I've a feeling it's going to be a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by doebag View Post
    Last night SWMBO & I watched the first two episodes of a Channel 4 mini-series called National Treasure.

It stars Robbie Coltrane and Julie Walters. Robbie Coltrane plays a 80's/90's TV comedian who is accused of historic sexual abuse. It's pretty gripping stuff, because actually Robbie's character is equal parts likeable and detestable. Your opinion of whether you think he's innocent or guilty changes from scene to scene.
    Just watched the first two episodes myself, and have to agree, an amazing mini series so far.

A new series I am about to watch is Luke Cage.

Not particularly new, in fact I'm probably the last one to the party, but I've just watched the first two episodes of 'Black Mirror', it's original to the say the least - off the wall even. It gets 8.8 on IMDB.

Not new, but "Outcast" is worth a watch, its actually quite similar to Preacher in some ways.

Agree about Black Mirror, each episode is different, different story, and cast, quite off the wall as you say.

Apprentice
    I can suggest narcos. 2 sseasons in a blink. And im about to check the westworld tomorrow at sky atlantic. Keeping the hopes up :)

I'm 6 (out of 13) episodes in to Luke Cage and it is streets ahead of Daredevil, which I quite enjoyed but found the supporting cast very average, and personally a little more watchable than Jessica Jones. It helps when your lead actor is so good and supported by a host of strong characters and actors.

Also liked the way they weaved in the back story as to how he actually got his powers. Hopefully the rest of the season contines with the same quality

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    I'm 6 (out of 13) episodes in to Luke Cage and it is streets ahead of Daredevil, which I quite enjoyed but found the supporting cast very average, and personally a little more watchable than Jessica Jones. It helps when your lead actor is so good and supported by a host of strong characters and actors.

Also liked the way they weaved in the back story as to how he actually got his powers. Hopefully the rest of the season contines with the same quality
    Luke Cage.....

I'm 5 eps in.... tad slow at times but that's the beauty of a binge watch series.... in 20 years people will say you actually used to wait a week for each episode in a series? That's prehistoric....
    Liking the 70s funk shaft type vibe in it too.....

Prefer DD personally unlike yourself but still..... it's looking promising if this is to go by for one of my fave ever characters when Daniel Rand AKA Iron Fist arrives.....

Back into The Fall, enjoying it, One of Us was a good short BBC drama, there's a new show called Timeless which sounds ok.

Oh and for anyone who like real life crime, theres the dramatised real life events "Killer on the Line".

Another for Designated Survivor. Keiffer back to his series 1 of 24 best. I no longer have to call him 'Squinty McSquint' as he seems to have developed some new facial acting skills (although his head looks scarily plastic at times).

Also if you fancy some easy watching crime/action (think Castle with explosions) the Lethal Weapon series is shaping up nicely.

It's not Narcos (season 2 was excellent as above) but it's worth a go!
    Last edited by Paddy!; 4th October 2016 at 05:13. Reason: Shocking grammar

Hello

The Invaders. Being rerun again on Sy Fy!

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    Luke Cage.....

I'm 5 eps in.... tad slow at times but that's the beauty of a binge watch series.... in 20 years people will say you actually used to wait a week for each episode in a series? That's prehistoric....
    Liking the 70s funk shaft type vibe in it too.....

Prefer DD personally unlike yourself but still..... it's looking promising if this is to go by for one of my fave ever characters when Daniel Rand AKA Iron Fist arrives.....
    My issue with DD was not the main character. I just cannot stand Foggy. And at times the constant disucssions of right vs wrong was like wathcing Dawson's Creek.

Craftsman
    Blacklist has started again with a bang... Quite enjoyed the end of Suits this mid-season - hoping that it keeps momentum now.

Craftsman
    The "Crown" starting on Netflix 4th November. Had some good reviews.

Craftsman
    Narcos was sublime viewing...hopefully season 3 will carry on the momentum of a great series. Have watched the first two episodes of National Treasure, an interesting take on many sensitive subjects and has a stellar cast. Designated Survivor and The Get Down are our viewing for now.

There was a two-part documentary on BBC2 over the last couple of weeks called Conviction: Murder at the Station - interesting viewing for those that like true crime/alleged injustice programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
    Narcos was sublime viewing...hopefully season 3 will carry on the momentum of a great series. Have watched the first two episodes of National Treasure, an interesting take on many sensitive subjects and has a stellar cast. Designated Survivor and The Get Down are our viewing for now.

There was a two-part documentary on BBC2 over the last couple of weeks called Conviction: Murder at the Station - interesting viewing for those that like true crime/alleged injustice programmes.
    Season 3 of Narcos will be a hard act to follow without Escobar.(sp)

National Treasure first two episodes were gripping, looking forward to the remaining two episodes.

Watched that two part series, Murder at the station, sure was an interesting take of the conviction, and trying to get it overturned.

Master
    Luke Cage is on Netflix, due to start it this week. If it's half as good as Jessica Jones it should be superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Season 3 of Narcos will be a hard act to follow without Escobar
    Of course however Narcos wasn't meant to be all about Pablo Escobar, naturally he was the big name hence two seasons dedicated to the story around him.

Blog Entries
    Watched the first episode of Making a Murderer on Netflix on the insistence of my daughter - what a tragic story, not to mention injustice!

Craftsman
    Watched the first episode of Making a Murderer on Netflix on the insistence of my daughter - what a tragic story, not to mention injustice!
    Persevere...it gets worse (or better - depending on how you view things)...

My issue with DD was not the main character. I just cannot stand Foggy.
    Have to agree with you on that. However, DD is good on balance, in spite of Foggy. It's just a shame they have him dragging the whole thing down. It could have been so much better. In any case, I don't know whether you watched S2, but if you haven't I'd suggest putting your reservations aside and watch it anyway. S2 is where it starts to really get good.

I have a 'suspension of disbelief' problem with Dare Devil. I can believe a chap with super powers can come to earth from another planet, I can believe it's possible to develop super powers by being bitten by a spider in a research lab', I can believe rich fellows can build themselves indestructible suits and top crime-fighting kit, I can believe there are mutated humans with all sorts of strange powers; I just can't believe an ordinary bloke who happens to be blind can take on half a dozen baddies armed with iron bars, knives and guns and win - every time.

My issue with DD was not the main character. I just cannot stand Foggy. And at times the constant disucssions of right vs wrong was like wathcing Dawson's Creek.
    I can see that....though he was a buffoon in the comics and annoying there so perhaps he is playing it true to type....

It's funny as Karen Page actually isn't as stunningly sexy as she was in True Blood.... (maybe it was the red hair in TB)
    She should be a little bit hotter really though she's played very well as slightly fragile which she is supposed to be.

(a little of the same problem with Tulip in Preacher though the actress is attractive for her to corrupt the Preacher she should be Salma Hayek Dusk till Dawn level of heat)

that's a series by the way I haven't caught yet either....

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I have a 'suspension of disbelief' problem with Dare Devil. I can believe a chap with super powers can come to earth from another planet, I can believe it's possible to develop super powers by being bitten by a spider in a research lab', I can believe rich fellows can build themselves indestructible suits and top crime-fighting kit, I can believe there are mutated humans with all sorts of strange powers; I just can't believe an ordinary bloke who happens to be blind can take on half a dozen baddies armed with iron bars, knives and guns and win - every time.
    Surprised at that Simon - if you're unhappy with all the above I get it but if you watch all those without trouble - DD doesn't quite win and gets injured heavily which lends a bit more realism back.... with the martial arts training and hyper senses is why it works...

and out of them all many blind people (obviously to a much milder degree) can detect if people are annoyed or upset etc. by hearing their voice and sensing things from them. It's amped up for DD of course but it's got more basis in reality (as tenuous as it is) if you like than aliens, norse gods and green monsters.....

none of these are perfect but it's all great fun!

The last season of Ripper Street was very good, especially bringing in a few seasoned actors David Warner, David Threfall who was in full "Fagin" mode as Abel Croker
    Bennett Drake at the end though.. Dead or Alive !

Persevere...it gets worse (or better - depending on how you view things)...
    Agreed. You need to watch the whole series, I did and I still can't work it out!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Agreed. You need to watch the whole series, I did and I still can't work it out!!
    That's because Netflix conveniently omitted several crucial bits of evidence. They've got a show about Amanda Knox out soon which might be interesting.

Started designated survivor, lucky there are only 2 episodes out otherwise I'd have had a late night!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    That's because Netflix conveniently omitted several crucial bits of evidence.
    If they had made a program showing every bit of evidence (from all parties), the show would have been monotonous and lost its impact. There is a follow-up series in the offing btw...

Interestingly, I follow Steven Avery's new legal representative, Kathleen Zellner, on Twitter - some really interesting updates from her for those that are interested in finding out more about the case/similar cases.

Stranger Things on Netflix. It's interesting.

Master
    Right Behind You Laughing ! A proud Yorkshire man too :)
    I watched Westworld last night, im still on the fence with it so a few more episodes before I give it a mark out of 10.

Craftsman
    If they had made a program showing every bit of evidence (from all parties), the show would have been monotonous and lost its impact. There is a follow-up series in the offing btw...

Interestingly, I follow Steven Avery's new legal representative, Kathleen Zellner, on Twitter - some really interesting updates from her for those that are interested in finding out more about the case/similar cases.
    It's difficult to discuss detail without spoilers and there are websites discussing it. It wasn't minor evidence they missed out but major things which paint a very different picture of some areas they spent a lot of time on in the show. Personally I enjoyed it but on researching afterwards it seemed to me fairly misleading and on that basis I'd probably skip series 2.
    Last edited by wombleh; 5th October 2016 at 13:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    Another for Designated Survivor. Keiffer back to his series 1 of 24 best. I no longer have to call him 'Squinty McSquint' as he seems to have developed some new facial acting skills (although his head looks scarily plastic at times).
    Does he still speak in a load whisper?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Luke Cage is on Netflix, due to start it this week. If it's half as good as Jessica Jones it should be superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm 3 episodes in and I have to say it's good! I think his introduction in Jessica Jones was beneficial as it already feels like you know him at the beginning of the first episode. It means the creators were able to spend a bit more of Ep1 on starting a new storyline, rather than just an hour of character setup. The soundtrack has been fantastic, with Raphael Saadiq making a bit of a cameo in the first episode, and Charles Bradley in Ep3. I'm looking forward to more!

Ash v the evil dead. Good for a bit of a laugh