closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,900 of 5446

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Any watched the BBC 3 program Normal People? Just finished it, was recommended to me and was very good. Not one to watch with your parents or kids though

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    We are watching it now. Enjoying it too.

Makes a nice change. I guess it was aimed at a young-ish 20-something audience, but also appeals to a wider age group too. Only a couple more episodes to watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    We are watching it now. Enjoying it too.

Makes a nice change. I guess it was aimed at a young-ish 20-something audience, but also appeals to a wider age group too. Only a couple more episodes to watch.
    Yes, my wife and I are watching it and have seen 4 episodes. I quiet like it but my wife thinks it's boring and needs more action (not the sex side but more killing and mayhem!) Oh, well!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Yes, my wife and I are watching it and have seen 4 episodes. I quiet like it but my wife thinks it's boring and needs more action (not the sex side but more killing and mayhem!) Oh, well!
    Brilliant!

I would describe it more as a 'young-love romance story', so would probably not have anticipated too much blood, guts and mayhem.
    There is no pleasing some people...

Chernobyl has rightly received 14 BAFTA nominations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52878090

If you haven't yet seen this remarkable short series I cannot recommend it highly enough. Simply brilliant in every respect.
    So clever my foot fell off.

^^^ Couldn't agree more TFB! Well deserved.

Killing Eve (Series 3)

Despite enjoying the past two series of Killing Eve, I am finding the current series (#3) a bit 'take it or leave it'.

The first was certainly the best, series 2 was OK and watchable, this one is still watchable, but so far away from the quality of the original I think it has probably had its day.

Shame, but all good things must come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I quite enjoyed this - until the last episode ...

[ Spoiler alert after image - don't scroll down if you plan to watch it ]
    Thanks for recommending this. The missus and I started watching and got hooked. Great tension throughout.

We're now at the end of episode 7. Did see your spoiler and now I'm not looking forward to the end as much
    Still hoping that it's at least conclusive and not too big of a cliffhanger though.

A friend recommended 'its always sunny in philadelphia' on netflix...long running sitcom about a bunch of slackers who run an Irish bar...dark offensive humour so look away if easily offended but I'm hooked...

We've been watching 'Succession' on NowTV, drama series of a powerful Media empire with a Patriarch running the show with 4 children vying for position to inherit the empire, really well done and lots of twists and turns, quite funny in places too.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Journeyman

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Been watching an Australian series called Harrow. It’s a bit of an Australian Dexter.. a medical examiner come serial killer... it does have some really good cliff hangers and captivating to watch the next episode.

Series 2 is on alibi at the moment, but also if you want to binge amazon prime have both series available. Looking forward to what looks like a set up for season 3. It stars Ioan Grufford as the main character.

Not too complex but a good watch.

***spoiler - I also like that there are clues in the opening credits to the story for the series.
    Last edited by L8_M8; 24th June 2020 at 07:14.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    We've been watching 'Succession' on NowTV, drama series of a powerful Media empire with a Patriarch running the show with 4 children vying for position to inherit the empire, really well done and lots of twists and turns, quite funny in places too.
    When Hodinkee published LVMH's press release announcing that Frédéric Arnault had been named CEO of TAG Heuer, a witty post in the comments called him Roman Roy. His older sister Delphine, who joined the LVMH board at aged 28 is clearly Shiv'.

Not a new one, but I've just started watching 24 all over again.

The novelty of realtime is gone, but it's so long since I watched the first series that it's like watching it for the first time.

Glad to say I'm enjoying it all over again.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Enjoying The Great, a very funny, still lavishly shot, historical romp about Catherine and her rise to power in the Russian court. Elle Fanning's very good and Nicholas Hoult as Emperor Peter is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    A friend recommended 'its always sunny in philadelphia' on netflix...long running sitcom about a bunch of slackers who run an Irish bar...dark offensive humour so look away if easily offended but I'm hooked...
    Yep definitely not for everyone but I rate it highly, I think some of the earlier seasons are the best - have you started from season 1 on Netflix? I know it's still running but I haven't watched any since season 10 as I thought it had lost its way a bit and become repetitive.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Yep definitely not for everyone but I rate it highly, I think some of the earlier seasons are the best - have you started from season 1 on Netflix? I know it's still running but I haven't watched any since season 10 as I thought it had lost its way a bit and become repetitive.
    The last season was better, the film focus group episode is one of best one of thier's I've seen. But I still agree it's past it's best. It's a problem with all show like that, they end up settling on one or two jokes and keep doing them to death.

Just finished the three seasons of Hannibal on Netflix. Not a new series but it completely escaped my attention the first time 'round. I usually enjoy anything featuring Mads Mikkelsen and he plays a stunning role in Hannibal, that icy stillness and sheer presence is perfect for the part imho.

Cheers,
    Gary

Just started (well binged 5 episodes today) 'Godfather of Harlem'. It's a prety typical story, but I think that Forest Whitaker is a superb actor and really makes it

I’ve been enjoying “For all Mankind” on AppleTV.

“Imagine a world were the global space race never ended...”.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    When Hodinkee published LVMH's press release announcing that Frédéric Arnault had been named CEO of TAG Heuer, a witty post in the comments called him Roman Roy. His older sister Delphine, who joined the LVMH board at aged 28 is clearly Shiv'.
    Excellent! I think Roman is my favourite of the four, I hadn’t realised he was a McCulkin until I noticed in the credits.

I’ve been bingeing on Das Boot lately, really into it.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Current favourites are Chicago PD, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2805096/, and Colony, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4209256/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1. Colony is on Netflix and PD is on Sky GO according to Justwatch UK. Netflix and Prime for me in Aus.

Revisiting "30 Rock" for maybe the fourthtime over the years. A great show and I seem to have a little bit of thing for Tina Fey.

Master
    I binge watched 'A Deadly Union' from Walter Presents C4 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

scooter

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post

I’ve been bingeing on Das Boot lately, really into it.
    Many didn't seem to like it, but I think S2 was pretty good.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Many didn't seem to like it, but I think S2 was pretty good.
    I’m gripped ! Saving the last episode for this evening.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Journeyman
    Can’t wait for Billions - season 5 coming shortly.

Master
    convinced the wife to try better call saul,4 episodes in we are both hooked

Craftsman
    Just watched the Salisbury Poisonings on iplayer. Only 3 episodes but thought it was really well done. Worth a watch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Storyville on BBC and iPlayer always has interesting films.

Watched this, this week. Some sad and painful stories.

Storyville, Facing Franco's Crimes: The Silence of Others: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bynq via @bbciplayer

And tonight watched College Behind Bars, degree programme in NY prisons. Excellent, the power of education.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 27th June 2020 at 22:38.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 33mgb View Post
    Just watched the Salisbury Poisonings on iplayer. Only 3 episodes but thought it was really well done. Worth a watch.

I thought this was good to, the lady from the council did an outstanding job.

Quote Originally Posted by 33mgb View Post

Yeah agree with this really interesting to really get the details of the case and investigation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Not a new one, but I've just started watching 24 all over again.

The novelty of realtime is gone, but it's so long since I watched the first series that it's like watching it for the first time.

Glad to say I'm enjoying it all over again.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    We've just finished all 8 series of 24. Thought it was really good and well made. Have also watched all the series of Homeland.

What now?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Just finished watching Ozark on Netflix. Definitely recommend. Can’t wait for season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    convinced the wife to try better call saul,4 episodes in we are both hooked
    Good decision. You'll be pleased to know that it just keeps getting better and better through all five series. I quite envy your ability to binge the whole lot. Be warned that the 6th and final series probably won't be done for 18 months.

Petrolhead Heaven is a nice easy watch - take an iconic car and drive it on a road trip on one of the most iconic or beautiful roads in the world. Only thirty minutes per episode- it’s like a travel show with a cool car.
    So clever my foot fell off.

having watched Space force ep1, i can confirm i will not be watching ep2 - its daft

The Sinner is back for another series on Netflix

Bill Pullman was excellent in the first 2 series if you haven't seen it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Hopefully the Boys and Watchmen will be back next year.

Tried the first episode of the Witcher yesterday, pheweee cheesier than a whole wheel of Stinking Bishop.
    The Boys 2 starts on Sept 4. on Amazon Prime.

I've just finished 3 seasons of Hap & Leonard. Absolutely worth watching. Like Bosch, based on novels. Any suggestions for another show?

Is it me or did you notice the same: Amazon's shows make good use of great music! With the help of Shazam and Amazon's 'X-Ray status', it's easy to find the title and performing artist! I like that. E.g. in the last episode of Hap & Leonard, atrocious weather played a big part of the story. Music score was by Larry Davis: Texas Flood. A song I'd only heard being played by Stevie Ray Vaughan!

M.
    Last edited by thieuster; 30th June 2020 at 12:20.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    having watched Space force ep1, i can confirm i will not be watching ep2 - its daft

The Sinner is back for another series on Netflix

Bill Pullman was excellent in the first 2 series if you haven't seen it
    Watched S3 of the Sinner last week and (without giving anything away) it was a little disappointing. However it does explore Harry's (Pullman's) character a bit more and is more "psychological" than the first 2 series, which we really enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    The Boys 2 starts on Sept 4. on Amazon Prime.

I've just finished 3 seasons of Hap & Leonard. Absolutely worth watching. Like Bosch, based on novels. Any suggestions for another show?

Is it me or did you notice the same: Amazon's shows make good use of great music! With the help of Shazam and Amazon's 'X-Ray status', it's easy to find the title and performing artist! I like that. E.g. in the last episode of Hap & Leonard, atrocious weather played a big part of the story. Music score was by Larry Davis: Texas Flood. A song I'd only heard being played by Stevie Ray Vaughan!

M.

Tunefind is your friend.
    F.T.F.A.

I've just got into 'The Good Fight' on Amazon Prime. It's great!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I recently watched ‘See’ on Apple TV. I thought it was really enjoyable and definitely worth watching.

Master
    ‘What we do in the shadows’ series 2! Both series are on iPlayer, it’s hilarious.

Unlike Space Force, Upload and Mythic Quest sadly, is there a new genre of unfunny comedies or something?

Craftsman
    We watching the Salisbury Poisonings and really enjoyed it.
    Jeremy Vine on radio 2 was on about it last week and linked it to The Americans that's on Amazon Prime and said it was very good, so we're 2 episodes in and enjoying that also.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I've just got into 'The Good Fight' on Amazon Prime. It's great!

Yeah it is good, usually shown on ch4 they stopped half way through in US
    before shutting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    We watching the Salisbury Poisonings and really enjoyed it.
    Jeremy Vine on radio 2 was on about it last week and linked it to The Americans that's on Amazon Prime and said it was very good, so we're 2 episodes in and enjoying that also.
    The americans is one of the best series of all time IMO.

It never took off in this country due to it being shown on itv

I just finished watching all 10 episodes of Space Force with my wife and two grown sons. We all pretty much agreed is was barely watchable. Fortunately, there was just enough nuance from Steve Carell and John Malkovich to make up for the seriously flawed scripts and heavy-handed humor. A major overhaul will be required if a Season 2 becomes reality.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I just finished watching all 10 episodes of Space Force with my wife and two grown sons. We all pretty much agreed is was barely watchable. Fortunately, there was just enough nuance from Steve Carell and John Malkovich to make up for the seriously flawed scripts and heavy-handed humor. A major overhaul will be required if a Season 2 becomes reality.
    From the trailers it looked promising - ah well back to dear old "Galaxy Quest".
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Watched S3 of the Sinner last week and (without giving anything away) it was a little disappointing. However it does explore Harry's (Pullman's) character a bit more and is more "psychological" than the first 2 series, which we really enjoyed.
    The Sinner-I’ve seen series one and two and agree they are really good. Just started three now, a handful of episodes in, so far not as good as the previous ones but I’ll definitely stick with it.

Master
    I’m part way through Apple TV’s The Morning Show and finding it completely gripping. It’s polished, very well cast and acted, tightly paced, dramatic and intelligent. This one seems to have divided critics in America but four episodes in, I’m having a hard time understanding why - unless it’s the usual reason, that half the critics in America are incredibly dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I’m part way through Apple TV’s The Morning Show and finding it completely gripping. It’s polished, very well cast and acted, tightly paced, dramatic and intelligent. This one seems to have divided critics in America but four episodes in, I’m having a hard time understanding why - unless it’s the usual reason, that half the critics in America are incredibly dense.
    Brilliant show. Loved it

Last Chance U on Netflix, college (American) football and how the system works over there. Interesting viewing.