closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 5441

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Quite liked it but felt they had too many story lines on the go at the same time, certainly had a lot to live up to compared to the films!
    Certainly jumps about a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    +1 for Treadstone after the first 3 or 4 episodes. The stylized fight sequences are straight out of the early Bourne films, but as befitting the format the plot has far more scope. It certainly seems to shift about between characters and locations, but certainly been fun so far.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Any good New TV Series worth watching

I’’m quite enjoying watching:

Cornwall: This Fishing Life.

A six part series on BBC Two on Tuesdays.

Craftsman
    Finished S1 of Succession recently, it's superb. The best HBO show in years.

We started episode 1 of Watchmen last night.....intriguing. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Just started Cobra, not a bad first episode

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    Finished S1 of Succession recently, it's superb. The best HBO show in years.

We started episode 1 of Watchmen last night.....intriguing. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
    I enjoyed succession and probably thought s2 was even better than s1

Craftsman
    Great documentary about US cheerleaders on Netflix, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11426660/. One for all the family. #1 rule: don't drop the girls! You will get hooked on this.

The morning show

2 episodes into the morning show. Looks promising so far.

great cast. Has potential

Blog Entries
    Watched S1 of "You" on Netflix - not bad, worth a watch certainly.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Season 2 is better!

Craftsman
    Sex education on Netflix is Good. funny and surprisingly wholesome for what it is

Picard starts tomorrow on Amazon.

Must be worth a watch.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Picard starts tomorrow on Amazon.

Must be worth a watch.
    Ooh yes. And a return to the screen for 10 out of 10, sorry 7 of 9 😳

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    My partner loved this...I found it too creepy!

Anyone done Messiah on Netflix yet? I'm about to start the final ep of the 1st season.
    Interesting and thought-provoking about what might happen if there really was an apparent return to earth of Jesus/insert your Messiah here, while also being a decent story.

The Morning Show

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Anyone done Messiah on Netflix yet? I'm about to start the final ep of the 1st season.
    Interesting and thought-provoking about what might happen if there really was an apparent return to earth of Jesus/insert your Messiah here, while also being a decent story.
    Yes watched the lot. Personally felt let down in the last episode as it never seemed to conclude. No doubt left open for season 2.

On the last episode of “the morning show” not what I thought it was going to be. Very well written, really enjoying it. Actually liking Anistons performance, really good acting. Definitely worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Yes watched the lot. Personally felt let down in the last episode as it never seemed to conclude. No doubt left open for season 2.
    That was inevitable. It did suffer as a whole from the old "coincidences which help continuation" syndrome. But you have to have a story don't you! Wouldn't have helped if everyone died in ep 1!

That was inevitable. It did suffer as a whole from the old "coincidences which help continuation" syndrome. But you have to have a story don't you! Wouldn't have helped if everyone died in ep 1!
    I know, and totally get the need for a story. Maybe the title of the show was misleading, alternatives could of been “bloke who looks like Jesus, but is he? “ or even adding a ? to the end of title would of helped . 😂
    enjoyed the concept (I’m the furthest away from being anything near to religious)
    I also Watched the entire season, which says something I guess.

Treadstone next after season finale of the morning show

A very different type of series which offers religious and demi god worship based plot. I liked it, its got a few twists and turns. Obviously set up for another series. Its a from me.

I'm still working my way through "Chuck" - and loving every minute.

The US really can do these shows that seemlessly blend humour, drama, pathos, action and more.

Oh, and Yvonne Strahovski may well be the most gorgeous and appealing actress I have ever seen, in pretty much anything. She is absolutely outstanding in every way.

I luurve her.

I'm still working my way through "Chuck" - and loving every minute.

The US really can do these shows that seemlessly blend humour, drama, pathos, action and more.

Oh, and Yvonne Strahovski may well be the most gorgeous and appealing actress I have ever seen, in pretty much anything. She is absolutely outstanding in every way.

I luurve her.

The lead from Chuck, plays Shazam in the movie and does a pretty good job in it.

As for Yvonne.....+1000. She's in the handmaid's tales as well - something I've been meaning to watch at some point.

What have I been watching? Season 4 of the Expanse. It now ranks as my favourite Sci Fi show ever. Season 4 has also achieved the impossible - it manages to actually be better than the book!

Master
    We watched the first ep of BBC's Dracula last night - utter, utter garbage.

We've also started HBO's Succession. We're 5 eps in and it's superb. One of the best character driven dramas I've seen.
    I didnt think it was too bad at all, especially as bbc versions of anything are usually a bit tame

I see the new season of Ballers starts tonight. I enjoy that.
    I’m 4 into Treadstone and it’s got me hooked

Master
    We watched the first ep of BBC's Dracula last night - utter, utter garbage.

We've also started HBO's Succession. We're 5 eps in and it's superb. One of the best character driven dramas I've seen.
    If you thought the first episode of Dracula was bad, you should have seen the last one - utter garbage........

Succession really is a very good series, as is Ozark.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The lead from Chuck, plays Shazam in the movie and does a pretty good job in it.

As for Yvonne.....+1000. She's in the handmaid's tales as well - something I've been meaning to watch at some point.

What have I been watching? Season 4 of the Expanse. It now ranks as my favourite Sci Fi show ever. Season 4 has also achieved the impossible - it manages to actually be better than the book!

The Expanse is absolutely top drawer sci-fi for grown-ups. Amazing production values throughout.

As for The Handmaids Tale - it is now on my watch list because of Yvonne (and fortunately it is very well reviewed), but frankly I'd watch her in anything.

The Expanse is absolutely top drawer sci-fi for grown-ups. Amazing production values throughout.

As for The Handmaids Tale - it is now on my watch list because of Yvonne (and fortunately it is very well reviewed), but frankly I'd watch her in anything.
    I'm amazed how they've managed to follow the story from the books, yet tweak appropriately for the big screen to make it just work. I can take the tv series on its own merit. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the casting of Naomi, still not a fan, but the rest is spot on.

Now you've reminded me of dear Yvonne, Handmaid Tales is now bumped up the watch list!

Craftsman
    I'm revising my opinion of Treadstone. I've one episode left I think, and the last few episodes have been awful. The dialogue is just so bad and this renders all the characters 2-dimensional. The fight choreography is brilliant and pretty much the only thing keeping me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I'm revising my opinion of Treadstone. I've one episode left I think, and the last few episodes have been awful. The dialogue is just so bad and this renders all the characters 2-dimensional. The fight choreography is brilliant and pretty much the only thing keeping me interested.

I’ve just finished the whole season and loved it. Great ending

Anyone else watching October Faction on Netflix?

https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-tv...es-on-netflix/

Just finished S1 of Loudermilk on Prime. Definitely recommended if you like a bit of dry comedy drama. It's sort of a deadpan, grittier version of Black Books.

Anyone else watching this? I started watching S2 yesterday. I wanted to continue watching today and it's no longer on Prime (still available if you buy it, but I'm not doing that). I'm not sure if it was on Prime for a very limited time or if they've pulled it by mistake. S1 is still available. I believe it's an Amazon exclusive in the UK, which normally means it should be available on Prime.

Master
    Just finished season 2 of Titans on Netflix. Last season was very good season 2 was excellent, well worth a look!

Master
    Anyone watched The Outsider (Sky Atlantic) yet?
    Adaption of the Stephen King novel of the same name & looks like it might be very good.

I’ve started to watch You’ on Netflix, in the mould of Dexter, really good dark comedy psycho drama.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Adaption of the Stephen King novel of the same name & looks like it might be very good.
    2 episodes in and enjoying it so far.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    I'm hoping to start it this week, it's getting some very good reviews.

Master
    I'm hoping to start it this week, it's getting some very good reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    2 episodes in and enjoying it so far.
    Sounds good - I'd better get on & start watching.

Master
    The Stranger on Netflix had us hooked. Simple enough story but binged it over 2 nights.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Just finished season 2 of Titans on Netflix. Last season was very good season 2 was excellent, well worth a look!

yes very good i thought. Hopefully another season coming.

Master
    Ive been watching BBC series Lovesick (its on Netflix now too). Took a few episodes to get into but now enjoying it as a simple easy going sitcom. only 25mins an episode

Master
    Lovesick is great, gets better as it goes on too.

Have really enjoyed Succession and Watchmen recently, both HBO at the absolute top of their game. Watchmen particularly had me wishing I could wipe my brain and watch it all over again.

A bit late, but really enjoyed S2 of Fargo. About to embark on S3, hope it's as good.

If you like the sound of two grumpy old bastards sniping at each other, you'll love The Kominsky Method. Right up my street ;)

CNN has produced a new six-part docu-drama, "The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty," premiering on CNN February 16.

https://www.cnn.com/shows/the-windso...riginal-series

I don't know if/when it will be available in the UK.

I was late to Fargo and pretty much watched all three seasons back to back.

You are going to enjoy season 3. David Thewlis is awesome in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Lovesick is great, gets better as it goes on too.

Have really enjoyed Succession and Watchmen recently, both HBO at the absolute top of their game. Watchmen particularly had me wishing I could wipe my brain and watch it all over again.

A bit late, but really enjoyed S2 of Fargo. About to embark on S3, hope it's as good.

If you like the sound of two grumpy old bastards sniping at each other, you'll love The Kominsky Method. Right up my street ;)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

30 Rock is now available on box sets on Sky and, although it finished a while back, it’s not really been shown much on UK TV. Alec Baldwin stands out and the standard doesn’t drop from episode 1 to the last.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    30 Rock is now available on box sets on Sky and, although it finished a while back, it’s not really been shown much on UK TV. Alec Baldwin stands out and the standard doesn’t drop from episode 1 to the last.
    One of my favorite shows. I'm currently half way through season 3 of Elementry starring Jonny lee Miller and Lucy Liu (mmmmmmmmm) and find it really good.

Blog Entries
    Finished Treadstone on Amazon Prime last night.....not sure what to make of it.

Hopefully S2 will bring it together a bit more.

Master
    Just started watching The Crown in Netflix, really didn’t think it was going to be my cup of tea but it is excellent. Really well put together and a real insight, gives you a whole new appreciation for the monarchy.

I'm liking "The Stranger" on Netflix very much. Based on a Harlan Coben book.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I didn't watch "Better call Saul" after Breaking Bad, thinking nothing could match that and that it would be crap. Now binge-watching it on Netflix. Loving it.

Curb is back with a bang!

Craftsman
    Not red this entire thread but watching The Spy at the moment. One of the best series I’ve watched in a long time and only six episodes long.