closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Craftsman
    found a gem last night on netflix, watched one epi ended up watching three its called 'spotless' best thing iv'e seen in quite a while. two brothers who run a crime scene clean up company who get themselves embroiled with the mob reluctantly and loads of other side stories, good brother bad brother scenario! can't recommend enough.

I'm going to go against the grain on a couple of these. Stranger Things is a poor imitation of Steven King imo, and although I've watched Ray Donovan from the beginning, I find most if the characters horribly, irredeemably selfish, self-absorbed and vacuous - even the ones we're supposed to get behind eg Ray. A common problem with US series for me - they seem to celebrate navel-gazing narcissists and sociopaths - see Weeds, Orange Is The New Black, and worst of all Happyish - I think Steve Coogan's great, but the series is full of irredeemably loathsome characters - compared with characters like Partridge or Saxondale (like Brent), who have enough redeeming traits to make them compulsive.

mr robot, on the other hand, I find brilliant, even though you could probably say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    We just watched the first two episodes of Stranger things and really enjoyed it and I am sure it will get better as it goes along, as for Preacher we started it last night and watched it up until that weird scene on the plane and when he jumped out of the plane we switched it off but until then I liked the vibe but that scene was weird and his Irish accent was awful and he was brilliant in This is England but I just can't see him as a fighter :) are we missing out on this?
    It's possible you have to have read the comics a bit to really enjoy it fully and know what's going on but I think it deserves sticking with.....

Although, and I discussed this with a guy at work into similar stuff to me (who's written 2 horror books as it happens) we agreed that Tulip should be supa dupa smokin hot...

Sort of margot Robbie in wolf of Wall Street/ Jessica biel maybe or Jessica Alba in Sin City level hot... That's why Jesse keeps getting drawn back to her ...even though she's trouble..,.,

And Ruth Negga is Fine and lovely but not the female version of crack that the character should be.... Sorry gone regressed into comic fan boy mode a bit ....

Still liked Blindspot by the way even though it seems to have veered off a bit into more ludicrous plot lines it's good fun....

+1 for ray Donovan

heard guys in work talking about it and binge watched the first 3 series although I think the latest series is a bit slow, Jon voight plays a great character , the scene from the last episode where he is in the car with the old bird had me in pleats.

although rays wife is starting to grate on me

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I've been working my way through Amazon's 'The Man In The High Castle' and I can thoroughly recommend it. Just watch it!

Craftsman
    Also liking spotless a lot.

Struggling to get into stranger things, will give it another go after spotless!

Amazon Prime " Last man on earth "
    It's a hoot

Any good New TV Series worth watching

I'd like to recommend an Irish tv show called Love/Hate.
    It's based around a Dublin gang their criminal activities.

It stars Aidan Gillan who plays Littlefinger from Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by Mitch Buchannon; 8th August 2016 at 22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    It isn't to everyone's taste, but I really enjoyed the recent Fargo series. And the series prior to that as well.

One of the best things I have seen on the box for ages.
    I had tried Fargo, but didn't get on with it, so didn't watch more than 30 minutes of the first episode, turns out I was watching the wrong Fargo from the 70's, found the new Fargo, and love it, onto Season 2 now.

Its very good, and the characters are seen in the 70's (Waffle Cafe), the cop playing with the string, he's the old ex cop that was in the 80's (with the guy who killed his wife with a hammer) Fargo season 1, the one who sat on the front porch of the house with his shotgun.

His grand daughter came out to sit with him playing with his piece of rope, and her with her pellet gun, and when he asked what she would do with that, she said, "take their eye out, and you can finish him" lol
    Last edited by SSTEEL; 24th August 2016 at 15:47. Reason: grammar

Master
    Preacher just became more annoying towards the end.

Massive fan of the comic but the tv show is going in the wrong direction. Too much time on quirky characters rather than moving the plot forwards.
    Its gone too much like Twin Peaks , they need to get the story moving as its madly epic in the comic.

We're in the middle of season 3 of Love/Hate and it's excellent.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    If you like Zombies, i really am hooked on Z NATION. its abit like the walking dead but with more humour and more action. And ofcourse it allows you to imagine what watch you would choose in a zombie apocalypse situation :)

I've just done Spotless on Netflix.

Brilliant. Bring on series 2

Craftsman
    Banshee or OZ if you have sky box sets

Currently enjoying 'Vice Principals' which is good for a laugh and also just finished 'The Night Of' which I'd highly recommend and it's one of the best things I've seen in a while.

Just finished 'The night of ' HBO crime/legal/prison drama.

Recommended, a bit different to the usual stuff.

Mark

Journeyman
    If anyone hasn't seen longmire check it out, superb old fashioned sheriff show about a guy trying to do his best by a town while coming to terms with the loss of his wife. New season starting this month.

Also better call saul is a must for any breaking bad fans. And for any comic book fans both daredevil and jessica jones and well worth a watch.

Currently enjoying BBC drama "One of Us".

Also watching, "Breakout Kings".

Favourites:

Dexter
    Justified
    Grey's Anatomy
    House
    Defiance
    The Walking Dead
    Dead Like Me
    The Shield
    Life
    The Leftovers

Al

Master
    Just go finished Dice, which was pretty funny but then I was a bit if a Dicemann fan back in the the day!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm currently watching Stranger Things and am enjoying it.

Others worthy of a mention:

Peaky Blinders
    Blind Spot
    Spotless
    Banshee
    Walking Dead

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Narco's series 2 on netflix, ye ha

Got season 2 of Narcos to watch, looking forward to it.

Master
    Another for Ray Donovan
    Also House of cards and Billions.
    Watched Narcos series 1 so will do series 2 in due course.Have been told Banshee is good.

Wolf Creek and The Night Of.

Both looking really good so far.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Just started watching Humans, 3 in and pretty good so far.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We've just finished Spotless. Excellent show, very well shot and great dark humour.

If you are into cooking, the documentary Chefs Table on Netflix is pretty good.
    Interviews a different chef and what inspires and drives them each episode. 2 seasons on there now.
    An episode with Massimo Bottura of The 3 star Osteria francescana in Italy particularly struck me, and I found myself making his strawberry risotto pasta the next day.. Drying out fresh strawberries in the oven, freezing them and grinding them into powder...

It's not exactly new but i enjoyed watching Lilyhammer. It gets better with each series as well.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    We're in the middle of season 3 of Love/Hate and it's excellent.
    Thanks for the recommendation on this one. It's very light and easy to watch after some heavyish stuff we've been watching.

It's been filmed like a daytime soap, clearly low budget (which I love). I think to save on special effects/fake blood they actually shot a few people.

Are there any non American box sets to watch? Only Yank one I am interested in is Ash and the Evil Dead.

If you are into your "Supernatural" stuff ! Afterlife is a brilliant 2 series English Supernatural thriller starring Andrew Lincoln(before Walking Dead) & Lesley Sharp , who plays a medium
    really well acted and as it was made in England you can connect better with the characters, some good effects and genuinely creepy moments and edge of seat stuff
    well worth a look

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435937/

Cheers

Wayne

Master
    I'm looking forward to this...Harley and the Davidsons

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Wolf Creek and The Night Of.

Both looking really good so far.
    Really enjoying Wolf Creek so far.

Gotham has just been added to Netflix here, any good?

I've just started season 2 of Narcos and i can say that it is every bit as good as season one so far (three episodes in)

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Are there any non American box sets to watch? Only Yank one I am interested in is Ash and the Evil Dead.
    You could try these:

Peaky Blinders
    Doctor Foster
    Line of Duty (highly recommended)
    Happy Valley

Another vote for Line of Duty.

A few more...

Shetland
    One of Us
    Unforgotten
    River
    Happy Valley

Craftsman
    Just started watching Ray Donovan and Ballers, so far really enjoyed both.

I've had so many friends tell me how good Line of Duty is that I think I've got to watch it now to see what all the fuss is about. Expectations are high! :-)

Just finished watching the series, Wolf Creek, I quite enjoyed it, much better then the two films I thought. That guy is quite menacing and his humour works very well for his character.

Master
    'Rick and Morty' - animated science fiction that's very inventive & very funny

Quote Originally Posted by BritishExpat View Post
    Just started watching Ray Donovan and Ballers, so far really enjoyed both.
    The latest season of RD was awesome

Craftsman
    Season 3 of "The Fall" starts on BBC2 next week (Thursday I think). Hope it lives up to the first two. Starring Gillian Anderson ("the thinking man's crumpet") for those not familiar with it....

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Happy valley

+1

Also for Lillyhammer & Narcos

I'm not usually one to get into watching series as I don't seem to be able to find the time to commit.

I am, however, intrigued with the upcoming Westworld on Sky Atlantic.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    'Hunters' on SciFi, very good series that is a cross between 'Species' and 'V', first 4 episodes available on catch up now on Virgin.

I see Red Dwarf XI is on Dave now.

I see that chick flick series is back with season 2, Quantico.

Journeyman
    How about 'Designated survivor' - netflix original series

Premise below (taken from Wikipedia re the role of designated survivor)

In the United States, a designated survivor (or designated successor) is an individual in the presidential line of succession, usually a member of the United States Cabinet, who is arranged to be at a physically distant, secure, and undisclosed location when the President and the country's other top leaders (e.g., Vice President and Cabinet members) are gathered at a single location, such as during State of the Union addresses and presidential inaugurations. This is intended to guarantee continuity of government in the event of a catastrophic occurrence that kills the President and many officials in the presidential line of succession. If such an event would occur, killing both the President and Vice President, the surviving official highest in the line, possibly the designated survivor, would become the Acting President of the United States under the Presidential Succession Act.[1]

You can probably guess that a catastrophic event is on the horizon, and Kiefer Sutherland starts in it too so well worth a watch in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, another vote for Harley and the Davidsons although that's only 3 episodes long, (long episodes though!)