closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 5462

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Journeyman
    If you like your comedy dark...very dark Sally4Ever on Sky. Julia Davis at her darkest best.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Series 3 of The last Kingdom has just started on Netflix.
    Loving the show, and the books by Bernard Cornwell are well worth a read aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Is anyone else enjoying Young Sheldon?

For me, series 1 was good but the comedy tailed off in the later episodes. The start of series 2 wasn't great but Episode 3 - A Crisis of Faith and Octopus Aliens has made me laugh out loud. I'm picking on things like the stickers in the back window of George's truck.

Watch a couple of episodes to appreciate the family dynamic and you'll get more enjoyment out of the series, IMO.

Oh...I haven't watched a single episode of The Big Bang Theory.
    It's a good show, very funny and I think All of the actors/actresses are great, makes it a real pleasure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Loving the show, and the books by Bernard Cornwell are well worth a read aswell.
    +1, was about to point this one out too. On BBC it was ok but now it’s on Netflix with a bigger budget it’s excellent in every department. They are clearly pitching it as a Vikings (also great) and Game of Thrones challenger.

Not a series...anyone from Essex on here?

As someone from south of the Thames who visited Essex regularly, I suggest that you "give it time". There is some wonderful photography/cinematography, plus interesting historical and geographical links that I'd never contemplated...and more, if you watch and listen carefully.

Watched "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" this week. Different but I enjoyed it, the presence of Charlotte Riley helped.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Just finished watching the first couple of episodes of Kidding with Jim Carey on Now TV (Sky Atlantic), which is very good

Check out the new narcos Mexico series, as good as if not better than the pablo narcos show!

Master
    Finally the next series of Vikings started last week. Seems like ages since it was on. New episodes every Thursday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    People Just Do Nothing Season 5 starts tonight on BBC2 10pm.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but Chabuddi G tips the whole thing onto a "genius" level for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obHVXrqogr8

Beige don't age!
    This is brilliant, I’m surprised it’s not more popular but I think it would be if it had a better title.
    The ‘Alan Brown Sugar’ is indeed genius.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I've watched two episodes but wow is it depressing, not sure I can stick with this.
    Binned it after 1 episode.

Another one to miss, The Sinner season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post
    Binned it after 1 episode.

Another one to miss, The Sinner season 1.
    Funnily enough my daughter convinced me to revisit Hill House, which I did. We finished it last week. It is very good if you stick with it.

I'm four into the Sinner and really enjoying!

Funnily enough my daughter convinced me to revisit Hill House, which I did. We finished it last week. It is very good if you stick with it.

Is this the sinner with Jessica biel in it on BBC 4

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Check out the new narcos Mexico series, as good as if not better than the pablo narcos show!
    Thanks, I'll check this out as looking for a new series to watch, loved Narcos.

It was Jessica Biel, she just gave me the s*#*#

Just started watching sinner season 2, very good so far. Ended up watching 5 episodes back to back!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Watching series 1 at the moment. Not bad really, although Unison son of Unite reminds me of a Klingon a bit. Enjoying Condor as well.

Tin Star is looking very promising. Been a long time since I can remember such a cracking first episode, had me hooked straight away. Slowed a little at episode two but definetly sticking with it

If this hasn’t been mentioned already, and for those who haven’t seen it,

check out lilyhammer!

Brilliant show

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Is this the sinner with Jessica biel in it on BBC 4
    Yes I think it is

Master
    I watched the whole of the Kominsky Method on Netflix yesterday. I couldnt stop watching. It is only 8 episodes and I really hope there will be more in the future

Michael Douglas is really good in it and Alan Arkin plays a brilliant character. The Show is suprisingly "sweet" for modern TV and a thoroughly innocent and enjoyable thing to watch. No plot twists, no complex story lines, just 2 old codgers and their friendship. Genuinely, very funny.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    It's a good show, very funny and I think All of the actors/actresses are great, makes it a real pleasure.
    I love that Young Sheldon's Mum is the daughter of Old Sheldon's Mum in the Big Bang Theory. What excellent casting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I watched the whole of the Kominsky Method on Netflix yesterday. I couldnt stop watching. It is only 8 episodes and I really hope there will be more in the future

Michael Douglas is really good in it and Alan Arkin plays a brilliant character. The Show is suprisingly "sweet" for modern TV and a thoroughly innocent and enjoyable thing to watch. No plot twists, no complex story lines, just 2 old codgers and their friendship. Genuinely, very funny.
    Watched this a couple of weeks ago, superb show and and you said surprisingly touching (also really funny!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished watching Civil War by Ken Burns last night on PBS America. We missed a few episodes but it’s just a wonderful documentary about the American civil war brought to life with many famous voices reading from various diaries.
    I might just buy the box set as a Christmas present for myself.

I gave it a go on your recommendation, I doubt I would have bothered otherwise. Good call.

Watched MYSTERY ROAD on Acorn TV, a series inspired by the films Mystery Road and Goldstone. The story takes place between the movies, as per lead actor Aaron Pederson. Very, very good.

Hooked on to that by the latest series of JACK IRISH, also on Acorn TV. Really great.

Watch THE LOCH, but found it's layers of unnecessary melodrama and plot complications contrived and heavy-handed. Some plot points are never explained or resolved ,just thrown into the soup for flavor then spat out. By the end I was cheering for one or more characters to go ahead and get killed to end my misery (they're that stupid).

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Just started watching sinner season 2, very good so far. Ended up watching 5 episodes back to back!
    Much better than season 1.
    Last edited by halfpasttwothirty; 21st December 2018 at 00:26. Reason: Poor spellage

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    The director has been handed the reins of Bond 25, hope he's up to the job. What do you think based on Maniac?
    Sorry I missed your question.

To be honest I'd never heard of him, so had to do a bit of Googling. I didn't realise he directed True Detective.

Obviously Eon see something in him.

I love that Young Sheldon's Mum is the daughter of Old Sheldon's Mum in the Big Bang Theory. What excellent casting.
    I agree with this totally... it is amazing how similar they are and how well it works. I said the my wife at the start how well she mimicked the older Mum not knowing then the relationship!

I think Missy gives a really good turn with her withering looks – She is great in the latest episode on E4. The whole show just gets better and better!

Journeyman
    Midnight Texas anyone?

Dave

Master
    Just finished the second season of Snowfall on iPlayer a John Singleton look at the crack cocaine explosion in 80’s LA & the CIA’s involvement.

Also finishes season 2 of the Marvelous Mrs Maisel on prime.

Both solid second seasons.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Couple of episodes in and really enjoying it so far!

Just catching up with Vinyl - pretty good, my type of music and my favourite era. Only negative point is James Jagger - who can't act, can't sing and is a 32 year-old playing a 22 year-old. I wonder why on earth he was cast, apart, that is, from his father being executive producer.

Just catching up with Vinyl - pretty good, my type of music and my favourite era. Only negative point is James Jagger - who can't act, can't sing and is a 32 year-old playing a 22 year-old. I wonder why on earth he was cast, apart, that is, from his father being executive producer.
    I loved this show, gutted they dropped it after first season, hate it when they do that

Plus the Bowie episode was great!
    Last edited by Anygreg; 20th December 2018 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Couple of episodes in and really enjoying it so far!
    It gathers momentum for sure... I won’t spoil the ending for you mate

Finally got around to watching DareDevil. similar to Punisher the movies are terrible but Netflix has done a really good job on these as a series. Up to season 2 and its worth a watch

Finally got around to watching DareDevil. similar to Punisher the movies are terrible but Netflix has done a really good job on these as a series. Up to season 2 and its worth a watch
    The punisher was far better. Season 1 daredevil was ok, season 2 was meh, season 3 watched a few the. gave up, same frustrating story line, which is a shame as I thought it had potential.

For those that like and watched making a murderer, try ‘the staircase’ .
    guilty or not guilty I genuinley have no idea...

Master
    Really enjoyed all three seasons of Daredevil, excellent show. Just been canceled which is a shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else watched the All or Nothing All Blacks and Man City shows on Amazon

More of a rugby fan myself and watched the All Blacks series was such a great show it convinced me to watch the Man City one - again such an insight into the crazy world of football

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wadebridge59 View Post
    Hope you enjoy. Here's a dramedy Australian series, https://www.justwatch.com/uk/tv-series/rake on Netflix UK. Richard Roxburgh (Rake) is a lovable rogue. The typical larrikin Aussie us Brits expect. It's superb. I don't know whether it ever made it to BBC/ITV but it would be a hit.

In Australia there isn't a licence fee so ABC doesn't have a lot of money to play with, and the commercial stations mostly import US stuff, so very few local winners.
    Almost finished Rake on Netflix!

Well worth a look so it is! Don’t judge from one or two episodes. It nearly lost me early (slightly irritating acting) but glad I stuck with it!

Master
    I've just started watching Norsemen on Netflix. Not what I expected but quite humorous and worthy of a viewing in my opinion.

Craftsman
    Yep, watched both series of Norsemen, really enjoyed it. What tickled me was the really good quality of English they spoke with their Norwegian accents.

Master
    Yes it is quite endearing isn't it? I'm going to watch the second series this coming week.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    Almost finished Rake on Netflix!

Well worth a look so it is! Don’t judge from one or two episodes. It nearly lost me early (slightly irritating acting) but glad I stuck with it!
    You'll love https://www.justwatch.com/uk/tv-series/offspring-2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    I've just started watching Norsemen on Netflix. Not what I expected but quite humorous and worthy of a viewing in my opinion.

Just started this myself and enjoying it!
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Vinyl was very good, such a shame it was cancelled, apparently it was too expensive to make, probably all the cocaine :-)

Loving Black Mirror at the moment and just finished Sunderland til I die. An amazing insight into the modern workings of a huge Football Club, well worth a watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Watching Manhunt: Unabomber. So far I'm sticking with it. Not entirely sure yet what I think of it but...interesting subject matter.
    Just started watching this today on Netflix. Up to Ep 5 and loving it. Well worth a watch.

Blog Entries
    Bit of a late review but Tales of the Unexpected is on Sky box sets, never seen them before but to say they are 40 years old I'm really enjoying them - 1st one features a young Pamela Stephenson
    Got to go, someone is about to get murdered with a frozen leg of lamb

Just finished The Looming Tower on Amazon, docudrama on the failure of the CIA and FBI to share information pre 911 that might have let them stop it. Really interesting.
    Cheers..
    Jase