closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Documentary on Netflix - The defiant ones is superb . About Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre. Any music fan will love it .

Craftsman
    Watching Mindhunter on Netflix and the Amazing Mrs Maisel on Prime. First one is a David Fincher slow burning FBI crime profiling series and the second a really witty comedy set in 1950's NYC. Both are excellent.
    For a change of pace with oodles of violence - the Punisher on Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Sneaky Pete 2nd season on Amazon Prime; very entertaining!

Started watching Colony the other day, enjoying it so far - kind of si-fi, but not over the top (at least so far!)

Master
    Blog Entries

Keeping Faith, BBC i-Player

An excellent BBC/s4c production called 'Keeping Faith's is available on the BBC i-Player.
    This was never broadcast on mainstream BBC for some reason. Originally it was produced in Welsh but they shot two versions and it's the English language one on the BBC (not dubbed)
    It's an excellent crime drama about a couple who are solicitors in a small town. One morning the husband dissapears and the services revolves around the wife uncovering his secret life.

8 X 1 hour eoisodes and only available for 4 more weeks.

Cunk on Britain. Knocks Schama into a cocked hat.

At Cerne Abbas: "Before Snapchat, hills were the best way to distribute dick pics to a wide audience."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Cunk on Britain. Knocks Schama into a cocked hat.

At Cerne Abbas: "Before Snapchat, hills were the best way to distribute dick pics to a wide audience."
    Love her!

Series 2 of Money Heist (La Casa De Papel) has just been released on Netflix so making a start on that next then 7 seconds after that.

Blog Entries
    Just finished watching Damnation on Netflix with the Mrs and we both enjoyed it - something different to our usual fare.

The Last Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Something to look forward to?

I've just found this on wiki:

Series 3

This has been unofficially promised as of September 2017. It should appear late in 2018.

If it follows the pattern of the previous two seasons, it will be based on books 5 and 6 of The Saxon Stories. These are The Burning Land and Death of Kings.
    Series 3 of The Last Kingdom is bound for Netflix only and not the BBC...link.

Oh well...I'll see it sometime...maybe.

Blog Entries
    Currently watching S2 of How to get away with murder. S1 was good and this series seems to be ok so far...

Master
    New season of Bosch is entertaining, as expected.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Lost in Space on Netflix is rather good.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Lost in Space on Netflix is rather good.

I have seen really mixed reviews of this, you think its worth a go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty good and safe for me to watch with the kids 14 and 16 years old. It's not Dark like a lot of sci-fi seems to be at the moment which was nice for a change.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jammie*dodger View Post
    It was pretty good and safe for me to watch with the kids 14 and 16 years old. It's not Dark like a lot of sci-fi seems to be at the moment which was nice for a change.

I like a bit of sci fi so I will check it out, thanks!

I found Lost in Space quite slow going on some of the episodes but still saw it through to the end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Currently watching S2 of How to get away with murder. S1 was good and this series seems to be ok so far...
    On to S3 now and TBH probably watching more because we are "invested" in it, than genuine interest...though in fairness, I have watched much, much worse series than HTGAWM.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    True horror on channel 4.
    Only seen the first episode but it was pretty good and more horror than other tv series alleging to be horror, if that makes convoluted sense.

Master
    High Maintenance - A comedy TV series that explores the private lives of dozens of New Yorkers that all have one connection, their weed dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Series 2 of Money Heist (La Casa De Papel) has just been released on Netflix so making a start on that next then 7 seconds after that.
    Just watched both series of Money Heist back to back. Loved it! Brilliant story with so many plot twists... And a 3rd series confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    High Maintenance - A comedy TV series that explores the private lives of dozens of New Yorkers that all have one connection, their weed dealer.
    On the second series of this now. It’s very hit-and-miss, as many of the characters are nauseatingly self-absorbed urban stereotypes, but it’s definitely a bit different.

The second series of Sneaky Pete is available now. We’ve really enjoyed this (in a “don’t think about it too carefully” way). Now that they’ve finished the main story arc, I can’t help thinking it will go downhill though ie they’ll have to come up with a new, implausibly contrived ruse to bring the characters back together.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I found Lost in Space quite slow going on some of the episodes but still saw it through to the end.
    It got really bad reviews, but I have found it OK so far. It isn't the best thing I have seen, but equally I havent ditched it.

Same here - Lost in Space was pretty decent, some duff notes but overall it was okay. I sort of wanted them all to die but whatever...

Just finished The Alienist on Netflix and it's very good. Tad slow in a few spots but the story is fascinating, the mixture of historic accuracy with a little license for TV to make New York in 1896 look both beautiful and really grubby. Daniel Bruhl in the lead is very good, ably supported by Luke Evans and Brian Geraghty (from the Hurt Locker/Boardwalk Empire) playing pre-presidential Teddy Roosevelt.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Really wanted to watch this, but couldn't get on with the dubbing. Would have preferred subtitles. Is it worth persevering with?
    Dubbing was awful and was why I stopped, just couldn't get into it.

We're a few episodes into Boardwalk Empire and liking it.

I do like a bit of Michael Kenneth Williams...

I'm really enjoying "Life In Pieces" at the moment - has some similarities to Modern Family - very well written, great characters, extremely funny and has a gentle side to it that is never coarse.

Now on season 3, with season 4 confirmed, so it has legs.

Anyone else seen it?
    So clever my foot fell off.

Late to the party as usual but just finished season one of The Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix and starting season two. We're loving it so far, it's not high art but it's funny and the characters are all engaging and quite charming.

It's great to see a new side to Timothy Olyphant as well, he plays against his usual Eastwood-esque tough guy type extremely well!

Craftsman
    Have not watched the dramatization but I have read the books and they are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Series 3 of The Last Kingdom is bound for Netflix only and not the BBC...link.

Oh well...I'll see it sometime...maybe.
    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Master
    After a disappointing first episode, Westworld seems to have returned to form.

Craftsman
    Finished watching 2 seasons of Sense 8 which is worth a watch. Finale is due June 2018.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not sure if it’s beeen mentioned but “Black Spot” on Amazon Prime is a dark thriller that seems to be ramping up to something good.

Master
    Just started season 2 of The Handmaids Tale, it really is one of the best things on TV right now. Really hard to watch at times but incredibly emotional, compelling and clever. Also beautifully shot and acted.

Master
    Watched four episodes of “The New Legends of Monkey” not high art but if of an age you might find yourself calling out Monkey, Piggsy and Sandy at various points, once you’ve acclimatised to the antipodean accents.

Just finished Manhunt- Unabomber

Brilliant - made by the discovery channel - so quite factually correct.

Mozza

Craftsman
    Deep State on Fox
    We are a few episodes in to this. Mark Strong heads the cast and so far so good.

Craftsman
    Double post!

'30 for 30' The '85 Bears

Something different and if you follow American Football.

Just watched the documentary, '30 for 30' The '85 Bears.

A couple of years before I gained an interest in the game but good to remember some of the more colourful characters.

Taken from IMDb:

One of the greatest football teams ever assembled, the 1985 Chicago Bears were a team of big talent, big egos, and big success. This documentary explores that success and the players behind it, as well as the questions surrounding the lack of a repeat performance.
    The documentary focuses on a legendary cast of characters, including head coach Mike Ditka, QB Jim McMahon and the inimitable William "The Refrigerator" Perry who made Chicago Bears as riveting off the field as they were on it on their way to winning Super Bowl XX.

What it doesn't make mention of is the professional relationship between the Defensive Coach, Buddy Ryan and Mike Ditka, which is not what you would expect.
    The programme also covers post career player health issues.

Worth a watch.

PM me if you would like a link.

Watching 'Happy' on Netflix. If you like your series batshit mental and as if everybody who worked on it was on meth, you'll like this.

Blog Entries
    Finished breaking bad - it does live up to the hype

The Good Place season 1 made me chuckle a lot…. Very clever idea

I’m 3 episodes into The Crown which I’m enjoying too

I had mate saying Strains was worth watching…. Might give it a chance

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post

Sounds interesting. Think I'll check it out.

The Alienist on Netflicks, superb murder drama set in New York in 1896. Ten times better than Ripper Street but with a bit of Gangs of New York thrown in!

Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post

Just watched the documentary, '30 for 30' The '85 Bears.

A couple of years before I gained an interest in the game but good to remember some of the more colourful characters.
    I saw that team play at Wembley Stadium in 1986 - an exhibition match (sorry, game) against the Dallas Cowboys. I well remember The Refrigerator scored a touchdown. I also remember one of the Dallas Cowgirls' shorts split up the back and she had to run off, luckily I had a pair of 10x50s with me.

Wild, wild country - a pretty interesting 6 part documentary on Netflix that's worth a watch.

13 Commandments (C4 catch-up) and Salamander (BBC4) both pretty good if you don't mind sub-titles.

Lee & Dean (C4) mildly amusing so far but I'm only half way through episode 2.

Series 2 of Wolf Creek (Fox I think) is really good, but I loved S1.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    luckily I had a pair of 10x50s with me.
    Prior preparation and all that.

Good effort!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The Alienist on Netflicks, superb murder drama set in New York in 1896. Ten times better than Ripper Street but with a bit of Gangs of New York thrown in!
    The book by Caleb Carr is fantastic, going to give the tv show a go hopefully it won’t disappoint

Master
    Is anyone watching Designated Survivor. Michael J Fox makes an appearance as a seemingly ongoing character from Episode 18 (I haven't watched 19 & 20 yet, but description of episode on netflix mentions his character "Ethan West". I didn't recognise him in first scene.

Lot's of ticks as you would expect now his disease must be very advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    The book by Caleb Carr is fantastic, going to give the tv show a go hopefully it won’t disappoint
    Throughly enjoying this series, well worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Is anyone watching Designated Survivor. Michael J Fox makes an appearance as a seemingly ongoing character from Episode 18 (I haven't watched 19 & 20 yet, but description of episode on netflix mentions his character "Ethan West". I didn't recognise him in first scene.

Lot's of ticks as you would expect now his disease must be very advanced.
    Very enjoyable show, does a good job of balancing the political games with some action/drama. I believe Mr Fox is recurring in 5 episodes.

Craftsman
    Currently watching Cobra Kai, which is very good.

I would say that you need to be of a certain age and enjoyed the original Karate Kid films for this to be up your street though.

For me, 34 years ago, its what got me to start Karate and have a lifelong thing about Elisabeth Shue :)