closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Apprentice
    I am watching Twin Peaks and it's awful, waiting for something to happen but never does and is sloooow. The old characters from initial series didn't aged very well and their quirkiness is seriously overrated and doesn't click anymore. Anyone watching this dross?

Guess I'll wait for the new GoT.

I know someone's said it already but American Gods is phenomenal. Extremely stylish shooting and cinematography and a great storyline too.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian2 View Post
    I am watching Twin Peaks and it's awful, waiting for something to happen but never does and is sloooow. The old characters from initial series didn't aged very well and their quirkiness is seriously overrated and doesn't click anymore. Anyone watching this dross?

Guess I'll wait for the new GoT.
    Me, and loving it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Me, and loving it.
    +1
    Just enjoying the ride without really thinking what's going on

Cardinal (BBC4) looks good so far and House of Cards is back on Netflix.

I tried Twin Peaks and decided life was too short to be arsed watching it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Agreed. The soundtrack/music mix is exceptional too. Really enjoying it so far.

Cheers,
    Gary
    Yep, forgot to mention the music, really good.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Prison break season 5

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I didn't spot if this had been mentioned before, but Silicon Valley is currently mid to end season with a few more episodes to come out.

If you haven't seen this series yet, drop everything right now and go do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    I didn't spot if this had been mentioned before, but Silicon Valley is currently mid to end season with a few more episodes to come out.

If you haven't seen this series yet, drop everything right now and go do it.
    I've been encouraging this thought for a while now, its fantastic watching

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I've been encouraging this thought for a while now, its fantastic watching
    As someone in IT (As I'm sure a few others are on here) it's right up my street. Well executed enough though that you don't have to be a geek to thoroughly enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lawler View Post
    Prison break season 5

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I love Prison Break, but found season 5 to be particularly awful :(

Just started Person of Interest on Netflix and finding it rather enjoyable, albeit a bit 'throwaway' at this stage - apparently the premise goes a little deeper and more philosophical as the seasons go on, so looking forward to seeing how it develops.

I've been looking at some older stuff and wondering "how did I miss this?". The latest one was "Hidden" with Philip Glenister an I've found a few more that look worthwhile - "Zen" with Rufus Sewell, "The Escape Artist" with David Tennant and "Page Eight" with Bill Nighy. Sometime I get fed up with long-running series of 100 epidsodes.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    I love Prison Break, but found season 5 to be particularly awful :(

Just started Person of Interest on Netflix and finding it rather enjoyable, albeit a bit 'throwaway' at this stage - apparently the premise goes a little deeper and more philosophical as the seasons go on, so looking forward to seeing how it develops.
    Stick with it. I loved it. Almost turn your brain off, but very entertaining, and different from anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've been looking at some older stuff and wondering "how did I miss this?". The latest one was "Hidden" with Philip Glenister an I've found a few more that look worthwhile - "Zen" with Rufus Sewell, "The Escape Artist" with David Tennant and "Page Eight" with Bill Nighy. Sometime I get fed up with long-running series of 100 epidsodes.

Eddie
    The only one of those I've seen is Zen, which I really enjoyed. Only 3 episodes unfortunately, but there is Caterina Murino.

Master
    just finished the latest Season 5 of House of Cards. Very very good

"my turn"!

Quote Originally Posted by mikiejack View Post
    Stick with it. I loved it. Almost turn your brain off, but very entertaining, and different from anything else.
    To each his own...I'm a big fan of the original series and was looking forward to this addendum. I found it fairly boring, meandering, and uninspired. Frankly, each of the last few weeks I was hoping for the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    To each his own...I'm a big fan of the original series and was looking forward to this addendum. I found it fairly boring, meandering, and uninspired. Frankly, each of the last few weeks I was hoping for the finale.
    Are you talking about Prison Break or Person of Interest?

Anyone else watch Dark Matter on Syfy??

Now on it's third season and it's easily the best Sci-Fi series at the moment :)

A group of six people with no memory of who they are or where they came from wake up on a starship called the Raza. Naming themselves "One" through "Six" in the order of their awakening, they stabilize their vessel and begin trying to figure out what happened to them....

I really enjoy Taskmaster. Comedians being made to undertake bizarre challenges for ridiculous (self-supplied) prizes and having their efforts relentlessly ridiculed by Greg Davies. It is fun seeing the differing approaches to the tasks, some very creative and intelligent and others resorting to brute force or cheating. I think we're on the fourth series now, Alex Horne's style of comedy is right up my street.

Chasing Shadows mini thriller is worthy of a watch, only four episodes, but a very god mini series staring Noel Clarke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    Anyone else watch Dark Matter on Syfy??

Now on it's third season and it's easily the best Sci-Fi series at the moment :)

A group of six people with no memory of who they are or where they came from wake up on a starship called the Raza. Naming themselves "One" through "Six" in the order of their awakening, they stabilize their vessel and begin trying to figure out what happened to them....
    Heard of it, but the trailer didn't grab my attention enough. I may give it a go.

Not completely new but I am captivated by Man in the high Castle.

Gripping and creepy stuff in a world after WWII when the Nazis and Japanese empire have carved the US in half.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    My wife watches Love Island.. Anyone else into?

I've seen a few minutes. Genuinely pointless television

Watched an episode of Lucifer on the plane and really enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The handmaids tale...............very creepy but very watchable
    This is very good. Brutally satirical/allegorical/dystopian. Not enjoyable, but very thought provoking. (I've not read the book).

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    ...(I've not read the book).
    Have you seen the film from 1990 with Natasha Richardson and Robert Duvall?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Have you seen the film from 1990 with Natasha Richardson and Robert Duvall?
    Not seen that either, so I've got no prior knowledge of the plot. I'm not sure how true to the source material the series is, but it's very topical for a novel that was written in the 80's.

Watched the final two episodes of Strike Back Season 5 last night, and what an ending! Seems that season six with a new cast have a mighty task on their hands to compete with the previous seasons.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492179/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I recently download the first 4 episodes of Riviera, the wife watch all 4 last night while I played golf, she thought it was pretty good.

Got that, Riviera to watch, looks ok from what Ive seen advertised.

American Gods showed promise, but I stopped watching it due to not wanting to see two Muslim men having sex.

We are both loving Riviera (we're up to ep. 8 I think). Finding it beautifully shot, well acted (Iwan Rheon is almost at Ramsey Bolton levels of creepy and Adrian Lester is a version of his character from Hustle, plus Julia Stiles is pretty hot) and the story line is intriguing and not too over the top - it's believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Are you talking about Prison Break or Person of Interest?
    Prison Break.

In the past two weeks or so I've binge-watched all five seasons (65 episodes) of "Orange is the New Black." I'm addicted, but now will have to wait a year before Season 6 is released!

Watched the first two episodes of Riviera, and its pretty good thus far.

I've just started watching "Timeless"

Oh yes, this was made for me!

So far they have been back to the Hindenberg Disaster, The Alamo, Lincoln's assasination, WW2 and the Nazi V2 rocket programme, and even July 20th 1969 to Nasa Mission Control as the Eagle lands...

Huge budget, and huge fun.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    There's so much good TV these days, it's ridiculous.
    A lot of gems, but for me The Americans and Better Call Saul are the cream of the crop.
    Bosch is a good, old-fashioned cop show.
    Master of None is very clever and quite funny.
    Silicon Valley is probably the most pleasant show on right now.
    Dark Matter and The Expanse are solid scifi shows, which even non-scifi fans will like.
    Hap and Leonard, well, it's just a guilty pleasure, as is Into the Badlands if you can stand the gore

Alex

Craftsman
    American Gods , just watched the last episode of Better call Saul

Craftsman
    Just finished series two of Billions, best series I've watched in ages

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Prison Break.
    Yeah, I watched it though - I felt it was weak compared to earlier seasons. Like they had a reasonable idea for a story line and a new conspiracy theory, but they tried to cram it in to 9 episodes - it all felt a bit disjointed and then it all came together a bit too quickly at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    yep

very watchable
    Oh yes....she very definitely is very watchable

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    What's the basic storyline in Billions?
    House of Cards, bloodline is a bit quirky it well worth a watch.

D

Blog Entries
    Not new but I've started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, genuinely laugh out loud funny.
    Caught the odd episode now and again but never really paid it much attention until it turned up on Sky box sets. One of the funniest things I've seen

Craftsman
    Billions is a little like suits, but its based on financial and trading companies. Damian Lewis plays a Billionaire who runs a trading house. Then you have the District Attorney who is trying to prove Damian is a crook, and is trying to put him in Prison.

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Not new but I've started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, genuinely laugh out loud funny.
    Caught the odd episode now and again but never really paid it much attention until it turned up on Sky box sets. One of the funniest things I've seen
    Absolutely one of my favourites, apparently a lot of the awkward situations really happened to Larry David. I rather identify with him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Absolutely one of my favourites, apparently a lot of the awkward situations really happened to Larry David. I rather identify with him.
    It's the awkwardness that's hilarious, you just know he's going to take everything way too far
    Absolutely fantastic stuff, hopefully should finish them all in time for the new series

Master
    I think a few have commented before but Silicon Valley & Billions on Sky/Now TV are really good...

The good: Narcos. A Colombian production about the hunt for Pablo Escobar. Horrifying, touching and deeply compelling.

The bad: Luke Cage. What a crock of shit. 13 episodes and not one of them interesting.

The ugly: The Handmaid's Tale. Dark, intense, very worrying. Not exactly a happy night in front of the telly.

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Agreed, absolutely hilarious.

You can tell that Larry wrote Seinfeld.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Watched the first two episodes of Riviera, and its pretty good thus far.
    Just finished the season of Riviera, highly recommended. Without giving any spoilers, I wish the ending was more revealing about the data drive and key, I mean, what the hell was on there? Season 2 possible?
    Last edited by SSTEEL; 24th June 2017 at 12:26.

Craftsman
    Just finished series one of Silicon Valley. Like it, good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Just finished the season of Riviera, highly recommended. Without giving any spoilers, I wish the ending was more revealing about the data drive and key, I mean, what the hell was on there? Season 2 possible?
    We kind of thought the same - there were a few areas that all tied up very quickly and there were a few areas not really covered at all - i'm sure they've left it open for a further season or 2 - and I hope they do, absolutely loved it.