closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,050 of 5470

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by djacks42 View Post
    Ditto. Just finished it. Note, there is a Christmas special on iPlayer, not on Netflix.
    I agree with it being a very genteel comedy In the same vein can I suggest 'The Cockfields' It was recommended by Imandio Armanndo Ianucci on Twitter yesterday it's on iPlayer but only until the end of the week

It's a lovely -albeit a little slow- comedy with a very good cast. Bobby Ball is a gem in it

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    I agree with it being a very genteel comedy In the same vein can I suggest 'The Cockfields' It was recommended by Imandio Armanndo Ianucci on Twitter yesterday it's on iPlayer but only until the end of the week

It's a lovely -albeit a little slow- comedy with a very good cast. Bobby Ball is a gem in it
    Yep, really enjoyable.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    In the same vein can I suggest 'The Cockfields' It was recommended by Imandio Armanndo Ianucci on Twitter yesterday it's on iPlayer but only until the end of the week

OMG it's the in-laws.

Enjoyed that, thanks.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    I’m enjoying “Dear Child” on Netflix.

Just finished Season 5 of Top Boy. I’ve been a huge fan since the first series on Ch4 and this didn’t disappoint. Quite sad that there won’t be any more.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Just finished Season 5 of Top Boy. I’ve been a huge fan since the first series on Ch4 and this didn’t disappoint. Quite sad that there won’t be any more.
    I’ve still got this to go. I was surprised to learn that Drake the music artist was the drive for getting the 5th series put into production.

Thought it was excellent too. A great finish.

Kingdom - Netflix

Korean brilliance. Feudal. Very adult. Swords. Politics. Zombies. Best thing on Netflix in my book. 2 seasons and then a one off feature.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    I’ve still got this to go. I was surprised to learn that Drake the music artist was the drive for getting the 5th series put into production.
    Think he was involved from S3 when C4 ditched it after just the first 2 series, now Summerhouse.

I’m 20mins into the first new episode and it’s brilliant. So glad I went back and watched the previous 4 series to get back into it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo View Post
    Korean brilliance. Feudal. Very adult. Swords. Politics. Zombies. Best thing on Netflix in my book. 2 seasons and then a one off feature.
    Thank you for the recommendation, will have to check it out!

Master
    Sounds interesting, what is it called ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    The Continental - Three 90 minute episodes, watched the first one last night, very good if you like John Wick. Obviously big budget, good music and high body count.

I am not much of a TV watcher but I did binge watch Colin From Accounts on a flight recently
    Very funny Aussie ‘rom-com’
    There is a series 2 planned so I think I will give it a go when it finally gets shown.

Blog Entries
    Watched "Black Snow" on iPlayer - an Aussie murder mystery, not great but not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I am not much of a TV watcher but I did binge watch Colin From Accounts on a flight recently
    Very funny Aussie ‘rom-com’
    There is a series 2 planned so I think I will give it a go when it finally gets shown.
    I found that a bit of a disappointment.

Raised a smile from time to time, but I don't think there were any moments that made me laugh out loud.

Somehow it always looked funnier on the trailers than in the episodes.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Painkiller

Based on the true story about the drug Oxycontin which took over as the number No1 drug in America , Matthew Broderick stars as the Owner of Purdue the company that made it and knew it would become so addictive
    Very fast paced and well acted with 4 stories about the drug all intertwined

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Based on the true story about the drug Oxycontin which took over as the number No1 drug in America , Matthew Broderick stars as the Owner of Purdue the company that made it and knew it would become so addictive
    Very fast paced and well acted with 4 stories about the drug all intertwined
    Enjoyed this. But I thought Dopesick (Disney) was a better telling of the same story.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Enjoyed this. But I thought Dopesick (Disney) was a better telling of the same story.
    Agreed. Was looking for it to recommend to my father but couldn’t see it for free on Prime.

Your post has reminded me why!

Not an upbeat watch but the Jill Dando thing on Netflix looks good. Only seen one episode so far but was interesting.

Oh and then there’s Married At First Sight. Absolute car crash but I do enjoy the rubber necking.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Loved Kingdom. Absolute class.
    Looking forward to season 3 when it eventually arrives.

Master
    Blog Entries
    New to me, I am quite enjoying this series.

There is a whole host of character actors we all know from later TV programmes,quite a few comedy actors in straight roles.

I even saw John Noakes in one episode.

Procedurally I am not sure how accurate, there's some donkey kicking and helicopter berets as well but that may well be the times.

John Thaw is paving the way for his role in the Sweeny and Morse.

Master
    Brilliant series.

Gutted there are no more, but never say never with the new youts. This series and the Kidulthood films have just completely nailed a genre for me.

Humbling to watch as my grandparents worked so hard to get themselves out of this environment & relative locations. Always do wonder about how different life could have been without sacrifices they made.

^ irony is if they owned a house in london fields or similar locations in the series they'd be sitting on a fortune

Master
    Just watched the first episode of Gen V, spin off from The Boys. So far to so good. If you like The Boys them you will like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched Beckham, three part documentary (I think it was on Netflix). Wouldn't be my kind of thing normally, but this was a very interesting insight into his life. I expected it to be rather self-justifying, but he confronts his past head on. My overall opinion of him as a man (as opposed to celeb/footballer/Mr Posh Spice) has risen, and it reinforces my idea that the media/Murdoch have a lot to answer for.

Also recently watched The Rig, a Walter Presents on C4. First series was ok, but turned it off after 25 minutes of series 2 as it seemed so contrived and unlikely. I f you jump the shark in the first episode, it's not going to improve...

Master
    Had heard good things about the DB documentary, might have to give it a go then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Just watched Beckham, three part documentary (I think it was on Netflix). Wouldn't be my kind of thing normally, but this was a very interesting insight into his life. I expected it to be rather self-justifying, but he confronts his past head on. My overall opinion of him as a man (as opposed to celeb/footballer/Mr Posh Spice) has risen, and it reinforces my idea that the media/Murdoch have a lot to answer for.

Also recently watched The Rig, a Walter Presents on C4. First series was ok, but turned it off after 25 minutes of series 2 as it seemed so contrived and unlikely. I f you jump the shark in the first episode, it's not going to improve...
    Does the Beckham thing touch on him taking millions from the Quataris at the world cup ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Manayek, available on All4, is excellent - it is about an Israeli police Internal Affairs officer investigating his best friend. Almost up there with Line of Duty!

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Does the Beckham thing touch on him taking millions from the Quataris at the world cup ?
    What if he did or didn't ??
    Do you have access to his accounts to suggest so ?

Asking for a friend (who doesn't play footy or particularly dig the Beckhams anyway) ?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Severance- On Apple TV is a quirky weird one, quite clever concept, in the future you can have a procedure to separate your work and private lives, when you are at work you have no memory of your out of work self and vice versa.
    Late to the party but my my that is some good TV

Generation V, a spin off from The Boys, which hopefully will be back for another series soon. Gen V follows the High School kids whose parent's fed them Vought corps, compound V to give them powers. I've only seen Ep 1. so far, but it's suitably gnarly/ gross hilarious in The Boy's best style.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Generation V, a spin off from The Boys, which hopefully will be back for another series soon. Gen V follows the High School kids whose parent's fed them Vought corps, compound V to give them powers. I've only seen Ep 1. so far, but it's suitably gnarly/ gross hilarious in The Boy's best style.
    Just started The Boys, not sure how I missed it, but enjoyable to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Just started The Boys, not sure how I missed it, but enjoyable to watch.

Then I think you're probably in for a treat, imho it only becomes progressively darker and funnier..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    The Continental - Three 90 minute episodes, watched the first one last night, very good if you like John Wick. Obviously big budget, good music and high body count.
    If you think episode one was a high body count, wait until you watch episode three, bonkers fighting;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Absolutely this

The Patient on Disney+ surprised me. Psychopath kidnaps his Therapist in the hope of curing him. Really good watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The Reckoning is good but a challenging watch based on Saville, Coogan really has nailed the mannerisms which is rather unnerving.

Craftsman
    Not sure if mentioned already but I’ve just discovered Mr Inbetween on Disney Plus snd think it’s great. Only downside is short episodes and I’m binging it too quickly

Although it's ended now Endeavour was a fantastic series and can probably be streamed.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Only murders in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Not sure if mentioned already but I’ve just discovered Mr Inbetween on Disney Plus snd think it’s great. Only downside is short episodes and I’m binging it too quickly
    Cracking but went by too quickly.

Just finished Bodies on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Good performances from Stephen Graham and Jacob Fortune-Lloyd in particular.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Just finished Bodies on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Good performances from Stephen Graham and Jacob Fortune-Lloyd in particular.
    Was debating to start this last night! Fell asleep in the end - will give it a go after the rugby maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Only murders in the building.

This is on my list to watch.

I have been wathing "What We Do In The Shadows" on BBC iPlayer.

It's very, very funny, and pretty rude. Matt Berry is playing, well, Matt Berry as a Vampire. The rest of the cast are superb too. It is just so ridiculous it is brilliant.

(Amazing guest stars too).
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    I cant make up my mind about this one. I am about 3 episodes in and it seems pretty well put together but just isn't holding my interest.

Maybe because it jumps backwards and forwards quite a lot, combined with the fact that I am usually pretty tired by the time I sit down to watch TV.
    Last edited by Maysie; 25th October 2023 at 11:30.

Wolf like Me. Series 2 just showed up, which made us rewatch series 1 again, it´s good, surprisingly very moving at times for all the central premise is comedy-horror.

Blog Entries
    Started watching "Sweet Tooth" on Netflix, as I missed it when it first came out.

Really enjoying it so far and very well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I cant make up my mind about this one. I am about 3 episodes in and it seems pretty put together but just isn't holding my interest.

Maybe because it jumps backwards and forwards quite a lot, combined with the fact that I am usually pretty tired by the time I sit down to watch TV.
    agreed there is a lot of bouncing around but stick with it. it all comes together soon

I’ve been enjoying a few retro series recently
    Person of interest
    Minder
    Bergerac
    Goodnight sweet hear
    After you’ve gone

The new Beckham documentary is very good

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    The Reckoning is good but a challenging watch based on Saville, Coogan really has nailed the mannerisms which is rather unnerving. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fully agree with your comments.
    Initially, said that I wouldn't watch it.
    But I grew up watching him on TV and wanted to see what a Monster he was behind the camera.
    Made my skin crawl.