closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 3479

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

  1. #3301
    Master numberjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    1
    Donít know if itís been mentioned yet but 4 Blocks is well worth watching on Prime.
    It needs subtitles as in German

  2. #3302
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    124
    Another vote for Tribes Of Europe, not sure if itís been mentioned but Lupin was very good.

  3. #3303
    Master Kaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grindsted, Danmark
    Posts
    1,205
    Just been watching one of the original James Herriot episodes. Brilliant. There was a scene where he was up to his armpit in the back of a cow trying to sort out the calf's legs. I remarked to my wife that it reminded me of when I helped her give birth to our daughter on the bathroom floor. My comment did not go down well! 😁

  4. #3304
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    276
    The new one on netflix, behind her eyes, ie very good. Bit of a slow starter but gets really good and only 6 episodes so not the longest watch

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  5. #3305
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    The new one on netflix, behind her eyes, ie very good. Bit of a slow starter but gets really good and only 6 episodes so not the longest watch

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Iím on episode 5 and loving it so far

  6. #3306
    Snowpiercer is not bad - really liked the original novel and movie, the show is a bit of a different take but quite enjoyable nonetheless

  7. #3307
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    15,027
    Wandavision, it evolves very quickly.

  8. #3308
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    517
    Netflix.
    White House farm.
    Jeremy Bamber murders.
    Six episodes total.
    Very good.

  9. #3309
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Wandavision, it evolves very quickly.
    I thought the first couple of episodes were bizarre but stuck with it and Iím glad I did

  10. #3310
    Master Chinnock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    9,510
    Zero zero zero
    Devils

  11. #3311
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Zero zero zero
    Devils
    Devils is on my watch list but I can't be bothered to subscribe to now TV just to watch it. Is it avaliable from any other sources?

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  12. #3312
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    12,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Just been watching one of the original James Herriot episodes. Brilliant. There was a scene where he was up to his armpit in the back of a cow trying to sort out the calf's legs. I remarked to my wife that it reminded me of when I helped her give birth to our daughter on the bathroom floor. My comment did not go down well! 
    The recent series was pretty good (the Christmas special, perhaps not so much) - It was on C5, so I suspect you might find it on their Catch Up service.

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  13. #3313
    Master Maysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (UK)
    Posts
    1,876

    Schitts Creek

    I am very late to the party with this one, but thanks to the previous posters for the recommendation.

    Ultimately I really came to enjoy this, but you do have to get through the first few episodes before it becomes comfortable. The main issue (for me) was the main characters are so dislikeable and annoying that it made it uncomfortable to watch. It was obviously the intention to make them dislikeable, so it just takes a while to settle in.

  14. #3314
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    12,130
    I assume you don't mean All Creatures Great and Small?

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  15. #3315
    Master Maysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (UK)
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I assume you don't mean All Creatures Great and Small?

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    If that is aimed at me, then no I don't.
    I mean Schitts Creek, as the title of my post. Maybe not visible on Tapatalk?

  16. #3316
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chippenham ish
    Posts
    2,270
    I tried for a season and a half with schitt's creek and just donít get it. Mildly amusing, not at all heart warming and generally a bit meh.

    I think I am probably missing something because it is so popular but I have tried.......


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #3317
    Master Maysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (UK)
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I tried for a season and a half with schitt's creek and just donít get it. Mildly amusing, not at all heart warming and generally a bit meh.

    I think I am probably missing something because it is so popular but I have tried.......


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I think it is a Marmite series.

    It is not a rip-roaring gag-per-minute show by any means.

  18. #3318
    The Terror is now on iPlayer. I haven't watched it, but it's supposed to be great. Few years old now, and I'd almost given up on getting to watch it for free, but that's my weekend sorted.

  19. #3319
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    12,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    If that is aimed at me, then no I don't.
    I mean Schitts Creek, as the title of my post. Maybe not visible on Tapatalk?
    Ah, no, the title didn't show on Tapatalk...

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    The Terror is now on iPlayer. I haven't watched it, but it's supposed to be great. Few years old now, and I'd almost given up on getting to watch it for free, but that's my weekend sorted.
    I watched the first two episodes last night - First was glacial and not (I thought) a great opening, but the second was better.

    Not sure how they're going to stretch it over 10 episodes without it being very slow, though, to be honest...

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  20. #3320
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    13,573
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    The Terror is now on iPlayer. I haven't watched it, but it's supposed to be great. Few years old now, and I'd almost given up on getting to watch it for free, but that's my weekend sorted.
    Having just finished the Michael Palin Erebus book I find this quite intriguing.
    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

  21. #3321
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,954
    Ridley Scottís Terror, bloody brilliant! Hats off to the BEEB


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  22. #3322
    Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    Loving Better Call Saul at the moment... captivating.

    Just started Bates Motel... - very promising start...
    Just started Bates Motel on BBC iPlayer, completed first series and now onto second. Good characters and actors, Twin Peakish but without the total Lynch weirdness. Lynch stuff is hard to touch, but this does not take away from Bates Motel.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  23. #3323
    Been watching Future Man on Prime. An acquired taste for sure and if you donít like Seth Rogan you wonít like this! But I think itís great.

  24. #3324
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    788
    I binged The Wilds on prime last weekend, I do love a shipwrecked/survival situation!

  25. #3325
    Not new, 'Outlander' on Amazon Prime video, I've just binge watched five seasons and there' a sixth season currently in the making.

  26. #3326
    Master BSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Been back several pages in the thread and haven't seen a mention for the Netflix series Your Honor with Bryan Cranston. I'm only four episodes in to the 10-episode series but it draws you in quickly. Without giving anything away, you can tell the mistakes that Cranston's character is making in his attempt to cover things up in the first episode but I guess without those, there wouldn't be much of a programme.

  27. #3327
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Been back several pages in the thread and haven't seen a mention for the Netflix series Your Honor with Bryan Cranston. I'm only four episodes in to the 10-episode series but it draws you in quickly. Without giving anything away, you can tell the mistakes that Cranston's character is making in his attempt to cover things up in the first episode but I guess without those, there wouldn't be much of a programme.
    Are you sure it's on Netflix? I've just watched the whole thing on Now TV (Sky Atlantic) and it only got released earlier this week, in the UK at least, and hence probably why no previous mentions on here. It's well worth watching too.

  28. #3328
    Master BSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,820
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    Are you sure it's on Netflix? I've just watched the whole thing on Now TV (Sky Atlantic) and it only got released earlier this week, in the UK at least, and hence probably why no previous mentions on here. It's well worth watching too.
    Sorry, you're right. It's Now TV or Sky catch up

  29. #3329
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    2,206
    I just finished watching The Terror on iPlayer. The supernatural elements were woven in very subtly from early on accompanying the real horrors of isolation, cold and heavy metal poisoning.

  30. #3330
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    13,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Having just finished the Michael Palin Erebus book I find this quite intriguing.
    I didn't make it to the end of the 1st episode - I often struggle with historical dramas because they frequently take liberties with the actualitť but this takes it to a completely different level. Probably my loss for being unable to suspend disbelief but I thought the budget and the amount of acting talent was wasted on a horror film (which I'll admit is not my thing anyway) - at least Hammer House of Horror had the occasional pair of tits. Michael Palin must be turning in his coffee table.
    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

  31. #3331
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Wells, Somerset
    Posts
    306
    Iím sure itís been mentioned previously,
    Cobra Kai on Netflix

  32. #3332
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,077

    Any good New TV Series worth watching

    We just finished Call my Agent on Netflix. It deserves the good reviews it gets.

    Unusual as it is in French with English subtitles so occasional ĎĒgo back a bitíĒ button presses should be anticipated.

    The story is of a talent agency placing their actors with movies, the scheming to get them the jobs and the unreason requests of their actors/clients.

    Worth a watch..

  33. #3333
    Grand Master Mr Curta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mainly UK
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    We just finished Call my Agent on Netflix. It deserves the good reviews it gets.

    Unusual as it is in French with English subtitles so occasional ĎĒgo back a bitíĒ button presses should be anticipated.

    The story is of a talent agency placing their actors with movies, the scheming to get them the jobs and the unreason requests of their actors/clients.

    Worth a watch..
    Love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Call My Agent! (Dix pour Cent) Series 4 now on Netflix.
    Magnifique.
    Inform - Educate - Entertain

  34. #3334
    Grand Master JasonM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    14,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I just finished watching The Terror on iPlayer. The supernatural elements were woven in very subtly from early on accompanying the real horrors of isolation, cold and heavy metal poisoning.
    Just finished it myself, very dark and done well.
    Cheers..
    Jase

  35. #3335
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    276
    Has anyone watched devils? Any good?

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  36. #3336
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    12,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I didn't make it to the end of the 1st episode - I often struggle with historical dramas because they frequently take liberties with the actualitť but this takes it to a completely different level. Probably my loss for being unable to suspend disbelief but I thought the budget and the amount of acting talent was wasted on a horror film (which I'll admit is not my thing anyway) - at least Hammer House of Horror had the occasional pair of tits. Michael Palin must be turning in his coffee table.
    It's based on a novel, based around a real event. It's not a documentary.

    Personally, I just find it heavy going.

    M

    Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  37. #3337
    After recommending the Terror on here a few weeks ago, I finally got around to watching the first episode, hated it, gave up half way through. Then I decided to carry on, and I think it's good. Perhaps very good.

    Also been watching The Mandalorian. It's so beautifully realised that it makes the abysmal A-Team storylines even more frustrating.

    Also watching a few episodes of House here and there. That could never fly these days. He's a racist, sexist bully who'd be sacked before he even got to say "it's not lupus" on his first patient.

  38. #3338
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,077

    Any good New TV Series worth watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Love it
    My partner and I were discussing last night my lack of closure on the main protagonist ( Eloise?) having not having a big fall.

    I understand it ran itís course but some lose ends that I felt should have been resolved.

  39. #3339
    Master Ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,043

    Your Honour

    Your Honour is one of the best pilot series box sets Iíve seen in a while.

    Itís suspenseful and edge of your seat entertainment.

    Just give it one episode, is all Iím going to say....

  40. #3340
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticker View Post
    Your Honour is one of the best pilot series box sets Iíve seen in a while.

    Itís suspenseful and edge of your seat entertainment.

    Just give it one episode, is all Iím going to say....
    Very good in general, but I was slightly disappointed with the ending.

    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Has anyone watched devils? Any good?
    I thought so.
    Andy

    Wanted - Damasko DA38 or DC80 Green - not the black versions. Bell & Ross BR03-92 Nightlum

  41. #3341
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    South Lanarkshire
    Posts
    212
    Fat Tony & co on prime, a few years old now, part of the underbelly stable about Melbourne organised crime.
    Worth a watch.

  42. #3342
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Wandavision, it evolves very quickly.
    Thanks for the tip. Started watching it last month but gave up half way through episode 2 as it was just weird. Now just finished it and definitely worth the effort. Really different from the usual Marvel spin offs.

  43. #3343
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chippenham ish
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Fat Tony & co on prime, a few years old now, part of the underbelly stable about Melbourne organised crime.
    Worth a watch.
    Missed this, will give it a go. The Underbelly series was excellent!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #3344
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    North East, England
    Posts
    1,473
    The Terror is pretty good and refreshingly unwoke!

  45. #3345
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Started watching it last month but gave up half way through episode 2 as it was just weird. Now just finished it and definitely worth the effort. Really different from the usual Marvel spin offs.
    It turns from the end of Ep 2 & gets into it's stride. My daughter implored me to stick with it & she was right

  46. #3346
    Just catching up with Unforgotten, it's only taken us 4 series to get around to watching it.
    What took us so long?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just catching up with Unforgotten, it's only taken us 4 series to get around to watching it.
    What took us so long?!

  47. #3347
    Master Joe.K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tesco's-on-Sea
    Posts
    1,398
    Watching Queen of the south on Netflix atm, currently on series 4 (series 5 &6 apparently in the works): Its great show although not quite up to Narchos and El Chappo standards but well worth a watch and Camilla Varga is one of the best villains ever!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  48. #3348
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    16,347
    Blog Entries
    2
    Unbelievable on Netflix. Toni Collette and Merrit Wever are superb.
    First episode is uncomfortable scene setting, but the detective work kicks in at episode 2 and its completely gripping.
    Best ive seen in a long time.

  49. #3349
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    15,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Started watching it last month but gave up half way through episode 2 as it was just weird. Now just finished it and definitely worth the effort. Really different from the usual Marvel spin offs.
    My pleasure.

    I'm two episodes into The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It's early days, feels quite typically Marvel so far, that said the banter/ fractious relationship of the two leads has been pretty funny and there's a new Capt America already!

  50. #3350
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Berks
    Posts
    1,710
    Line of Duty is back again, 100% worth a watch, if you haven't seen the first 4 series, catch up with those too!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information