closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 2080

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

  1. #1951
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    biddulph moor
    Posts
    403
    Really enjoying The Defiant Ones on BBC 4 about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovines history and working relationship.

  2. #1952
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,504
    Watching a three parter on America PBS about the Patty Hearst kidnapping - fascinating stuff when you hear from the ex member of the Symbianese liberation army and Steven Weed.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  3. #1953
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    england
    Posts
    319
    Not a the series but a programme on a Netflix : abducted in plain sight !

    Anyone watched it ? Absolutely crazy crazy stuff, you could even dream it up.

  4. #1954
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,329
    True Detective just finished season two...fantastic!

  5. #1955
    Master subseastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ashby, uk
    Posts
    1,205
    Just finished season one of "Titans". Not normally a fan of the DC hero's but I really enjoyed this. Pretty dark and well made

    Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

  6. #1956
    Craftsman Anygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Not a the series but a programme on a Netflix : abducted in plain sight !

    Anyone watched it ? Absolutely crazy crazy stuff, you could even dream it up.
    Watched it only last week... shocking stuff, where do you start with that one! Recommended for the complete madness of the whole thing alone.

  7. #1957
    Grand Master Seamaster73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Scottish Riviera
    Posts
    15,202
    Louis CK's excellent Horace & Pete just turned up on Prime.

    Now that's telly for grown-ups.

  8. #1958
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    My house (unless I'm out).
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    True Detective just finished season two...fantastic!
    That was poor compared to the brilliant season one.
    Iím now on season three and itís back on form.

  9. #1959
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,981
    Season 2 of "Tin Star" has started off at a cracking pace.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  10. #1960
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Northants UK
    Posts
    224
    Just finished DA Boot on SKY, really enjoyed it well worth a watch.

  11. #1961
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Northants UK
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Season 2 of "Tin Star" has started off at a cracking pace.

    Eddie
    Might take a look at this, didn't think series 1 was that good though.
    May have to try True Detectives again as reading series 3 is excellent. Just couldn't get in to Series 1.

  12. #1962
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    My house (unless I'm out).
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Might take a look at this, didn't think series 1 was that good though.
    May have to try True Detectives again as reading series 3 is excellent. Just couldn't get in to Series 1.
    If you couldnít get in to season 1, I doubt 3 will be for you. Theyíre very similar.

  13. #1963
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    That was poor compared to the brilliant season one.
    Iím now on season three and itís back on form.
    Yea I'm one in on series three, top top show!

  14. #1964
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    296
    Just watched the new Das Boot. Very good.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  15. #1965
    Craftsman ChromeJob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC US
    Posts
    341
    New Das Boot? What was wrong with the old one? ;)

    Have been enjoying Outlander, great very well done series (Starz, out on DVD), but mid-season three have just encountered such a nonsensical and unrealistic "ex machina" surprise that had me shaking my head, "Are you KIDDING me?? Really?!"

  16. #1966
    Cuckoo and Two doors down both funny

  17. #1967
    Master subseastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ashby, uk
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Cuckoo and Two doors down both funny
    I love just about everything Greg Davies does but for some reason cuckoo doesn't float my boat. Well the first season didn't which is strange as its the lad out of brooklyn nine nine and I really like that.

    Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

  18. #1968
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,504
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Just watched the new Das Boot. Very good.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I need to watch that but I haven't got Sky Atlantic.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  19. #1969
    Craftsman thefatboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    320
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before but I've just finished Russian Doll on Netflix.

    It's a kind of dark Groundhog Day with mostly unsympathetic characters that you sort of end up liking in spite of their behaviour.


    It's quite short in both episode length and number of episodes, so it's not a big time commitment either.

  20. #1970
    My Favorite Shows:
    1. Game of Thrones
    2. The Walking Dead
    3. The Flash

  21. #1971
    Not normally my cup of tea but have been enjoying The Umbrella Academy on Netflix recently - half way through the 10 episodes and good fun so far

  22. #1972
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,329
    The latest True Detective was fantastic!

  23. #1973
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    936
    Blog Entries
    1
    The punisher! God damn he is bad ass and itís so good!

    Shame there will be no more of it.

  24. #1974
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before but I've just finished Russian Doll on Netflix.

    It's a kind of dark Groundhog Day with mostly unsympathetic characters that you sort of end up liking in spite of their behaviour.


    It's quite short in both episode length and number of episodes, so it's not a big time commitment either.
    Iíll second that recommendation. Definitely enjoyed it and quite original which is hard to find.

  25. #1975
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The latest True Detective was fantastic!
    I was looking forward to this so much it just didnít do it for me. I spent most evenings rewinding to try to understand what Mahersala Ali was saying.

  26. #1976
    Craftsman ChromeJob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC US
    Posts
    341
    I'm reading The Umbrella Academy volumes 1 & 2 instead. Quite interesting.

    Put on the Acorn original London Kills while forum cruising. Meh. The final episode was so preposterous and predictable that I laughed. I saw the silly contrived cliffhanger ending 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Pass.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 28th February 2019 at 23:20.

  27. #1977
    Finished watching The Umbrella Academy at the weekend and really enjoyed it.
    Titans is also worth watching

  28. #1978
    Just started watching Two Doors Down, so funny.

  29. #1979
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    The punisher! God damn he is bad ass and itís so good!

    Shame there will be no more of it.
    Iím really hoping they get a life line on Disney some way or some how.


    Just finished peaky blinders, donít know how I missed it for so long, superb show!

  30. #1980
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    3,615
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I love just about everything Greg Davies does but for some reason cuckoo doesn't float my boat. Well the first season didn't which is strange as its the lad out of brooklyn nine nine and I really like that.

    Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
    Season 2-4 of cuckoo is better as there was a cast change. Season 5 not so good

  31. #1981
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chippenham ish
    Posts
    1,984
    I also love Greg Davis, Man Down is really funny (especially the first season!). Watched a few episodes of S1 of Cuckoo and it was unwatchable in my view. The reviews I read said it actually got worse with the cast change....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #1982
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,504
    For anyone who has TPTV - Callan is starting again at 9pm Monday.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  33. #1983
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    pride of the north
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Just finished DA Boot on SKY, really enjoyed it well worth a watch.
    2nd that, excellent story line and fingers crossed for a series 2 :)

  34. #1984
    Just started watching Nightflyers (syfy/Netflix) sort of first contact + Event Horizon written by Games of Thrones author George R R Martin - looks promising???

  35. #1985
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,329
    I struggled to the end of Tin Star series one, doubt I'll watch 2nd series as it got so far fetched I lost interest.

    Started Das Boot. I liked it but not a patch on the original so far.

  36. #1986
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,504
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I struggled to the end of Tin Star series one, doubt I'll watch 2nd series as it got so far fetched I lost interest.

    Started Das Boot. I liked it but not a patch on the original so far.
    I gave up on Tin Star part way through.

    Looking forward to the new Das Boot but don't have the channel at the moment.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  37. #1987
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I was looking forward to this so much it just didnít do it for me. I spent most evenings rewinding to try to understand what Mahersala Ali was saying.
    Agreed it was very disappointing compared to the first two shows.

  38. #1988
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    s60
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The latest True Detective was fantastic!
    Difficult to follow ...or maybe i am just a bit thick .

  39. #1989
    Fleabag 2


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #1990
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    627
    Second series of 'White Gold' now on iPlayer.

  41. #1991
    Master wildheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex - Hopefully on a golf course!
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl1 View Post
    Difficult to follow ...or maybe i am just a bit thick .
    I maybe enjoyed it as my Dad had Dementia towards the end of his life? I really enjoyed the conclusion and found the acting very good

    Where as Tin Star just got daft and ended up like a poor mans Tarentino IMHO

  42. #1992
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    Just started watching Nightflyers (syfy/Netflix) sort of first contact + Event Horizon written by Games of Thrones author George R R Martin - looks promising???
    Tried the first episode last night and didn't rate it all. I do dig sci-fi but this was, I found, pretty weak.
    I'll not be tuning on for episode 2.

  43. #1993
    Craftsman Anygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Tried the first episode last night and didn't rate it all. I do dig sci-fi but this was, I found, pretty weak.
    I'll not be tuning on for episode 2.
    Same here, 1 episode in...

  44. #1994
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    s60
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I maybe enjoyed it as my Dad had Dementia towards the end of his life? I really enjoyed the conclusion and found the acting very good

    Where as Tin Star just got daft and ended up like a poor mans Tarentino IMHO
    The acting was spot on , i just found the 3 generations hard to follow . The dementia scenes was an eye-opener (i was a little bit ignorant regarding dementia , i thought it was only forgetfulness of memories /people but a friends mother died recently because she forgot how to swallow food ). Not seen Tin star and i don"t think i will bother now anyway. The first True detective was brilliant.

  45. #1995
    Grand Master hogthrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,554
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Fleabag2
    Possibly the best thing on TV. You have to have seen the first series though (which is on Netflix, conveniently).

  46. #1996
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tyneside
    Posts
    284
    Afterlife on Netflix, balling my eyes out one minute and belly laughing the next. Genius

  47. #1997
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,629
    Another vote for After Life on Netflix. We binge watched all 6 episodes over the weekend.

  48. #1998
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Driffield, UK
    Posts
    2,731
    F1: Drive to Survive

    On netflix.... VERY interesting and just shows that F1 really is a mockery... Yes the drivers are brilliant but at the end of the day the team with the most money wins :-(

  49. #1999
    Grand Master hogthrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,554
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Another vote for After Life on Netflix. We binge watched all 6 episodes over the weekend.
    We thought we'd see what it was like after lunch yesterday. Ended up watching the whole lot in one go.

  50. #2000
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,483
    As a hater of most superhero-y type of shows, I expected to be unimpressed by Umbrella Academy. However, I'm really enjoyed it so far. Men in Black meets Bioshock meets x-men. Quirky, funny and v entertaining. 8/10.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •