Page 73 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,650 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Yellowstone. Season 4.
    Has this aired?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The White Lotus. Very weird and strangely disturbing. But thoroughly enjoying its originality.
    Thanks for the recommendation! just finished it and really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation! just finished it and really enjoyed it.
    Especially the suitcase scene lol. Brilliant show

Reminiscent of the 'love, death, robots' series of short animations, stumbled on a collection of Neil Blomkamp (District 9 etc) shorts on Netflix the other day, titled 'oats studios'. Mix of animation and live action. Some odd, some good, some 'meh', but interesting enough. I particularly liked the one with Sharlto Copley as God watching over the Serengeti. Sweary, so not for kids or work

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Has this aired?

It started yesterday with 2 episodes.
    F.T.F.A.

American horror story season 10 = 7/10
    nacros mexico season 3 = 7/10

both not as good as previous seasons but still worth a watch , dexter up next

Which channel please? It was previously on Paramount and I can’t see it on there.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Got it, I remember checking up on the launch earlier in the year… so been waiting for this. NO SPOILERS please guys.
    Epic show, actually made me want to move to Montana

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Watched the first episode of season 4 Yellowstone last night. Epic start to the new season. This has to be one of my favourite shows of all time, and something I probably would of never watched if I’d read the synopsis of the show.

For those that haven’t watched it you must. Kevin Costner is absolutely fantastic, and as for Kelly Reilly (plays his daughter Beth in the show) she is simply superb, if she hasn’t already, she deserves an award for her role in the show. The whole cast are brilliant, and the scenery, landscapes and cinematography are breathtaking. Cracking show and a must watch 10/10.
    Last edited by Anygreg; 9th November 2021 at 11:21.

Craftsman
    Yellowstone is excellent, but I'm pretty sure I've only seen seasons 1 and 2 so far. Has season 3 even been available in the UK yet? Can't find it on Sky or any of the usual catch up services.

Currently watching Temple on Now TV. Really good, has the bald guy from Kingsman as the main character and he's great.

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Yellowstone is excellent, but I'm pretty sure I've only seen seasons 1 and 2 so far. Has season 3 even been available in the UK yet? Can't find it on Sky or any of the usual catch up services.
    That’s right UK hasn’t ‘officially’ had seasons 3 & 4 aired as yet.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    That’s right UK hasn’t ‘officially’ had seasons 3 & 4 aired as yet.
    Ah, okay, thanks. I wish Paramount/Ch5 would pull their finger out! Or maybe it'll be available when Paramount+ comes to Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Vigil on BBC1 is really good. Two episodes down and can't wait for the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Good shout, forgot I had watched those 2 episodes.
    Did it stay good? I watched the first two episodes last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Did it stay good? I watched the first two episodes last night.
    Yeah, decent show.

Master
    Just seem the first 2 episodes of series 4 of Yellowstone. The last 3 seasons have been some of the best TV around, these 2 episodes have elevated it even further. Just exceptional ! For me it is the best thing on TV right now, not even the mighty Succession is as good.

Also the new series of Dexter gets a nod. Because it’s Dexter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Just seem the first 2 episodes of series 4 of Yellowstone. The last 3 seasons have been some of the best TV around, these 2 episodes have elevated it even further. Just exceptional ! For me it is the best thing on TV right now, not even the mighty Succession is as good.

Shame it’s not on Amazon. Disney, Sky or Netflix

Watched the first episode of 'The Tower' on catch up last night. Thought it was awful, terrible script and totally wooden acting

Anyone else seen this, have a different opinion?

John

Beth is so bad ass. Every character is played perfectly Seasons opening up very well. Let’s hope it continues

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Watched the first episode of 'The Tower' on catch up last night. Thought it was awful, terrible script and totally wooden acting

Anyone else seen this, have a different opinion?

John
    I thought Gemma Whelan (DS Collins) played a very good role

Master
    Just watched the first Dexter: New Blood.

Dexter jumped the shark in a big way over the last couple of series, and the basic premise of the show is lost now. Having faked his own death, Dexter no longer works as a forensic expert. He works in a shop, under an assumed name. That's a shame because I loved that idea; the blood splatter analyst who carefully analyses the guilt of his victims, sometimes puts the police force he works for off the scent so he can act first, and knows exactly how to cover his tracks.

But - he's still a psychopath, still carries his dark passenger.

This first episode gets off to a slow start, but it becomes quite tense - I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It's actually pretty powerful. Happy to see Dexter back.

I was amused when one of the characters mentioned that he had a nice Christmas bonus at Morgan Stanley. I had one of those, once or twice.

Anyway - so far, so good.

Master
    The 100 Foot Wave on Sky Documentaries. Watched the whole series in one go and really enjoyed it. Great if you like big wave surfing cinematography, but also a couple of interesting personal stories spanning a 10 year period.

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    The 100 Foot Wave on Sky Documentaries. Watched the whole series in one go and really enjoyed it. Great if you like big wave surfing cinematography, but also a couple of interesting personal stories spanning a 10 year period.
    Fantastic documentary. A used to always see these docs on constant TV loop when I was in Auz. Check out the red bull channel for loads of cool surfing shows if you’re into it. It genuinely blows my mind the balls these guys have on the big waves. Incredible stuff!

Craftsman
    Have been watching American Crime Story: The People v OJ Simpson with the wife. I saw it back when it was first released, and on second viewing it is just as good. My wife doesn't know anything about OJ or the trial, so for her as yet she has no idea how it will end! The ensemble cast is superb, with Cuba Gooding Jr portraying a complex and conflicted OJ, and John Travolta a stand-out as Bob Shapiro, OJ's self-centered and media-loving lead counsel. Special kudos to the always-magnificent Sarah Paulson as Marcia, the lead prosecutor and Sterling K Brown who is also on the prosecution team. David Schwimmer as Rob Kardashian swings from very good to a bit 'serious Ross from Friends'. And stealing scenes everywhere she goes is Connie Britton!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    How can I watch S4 in the UK - are you using a VPN & watching on the US Paramount website??

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    I have a Blu-ray of Season 3 - drop me a PM with your details & I’ll stick it in the post to you.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    I have a Blu-ray of Season 3 - drop me a PM with your details & I’ll stick it in the post to you.
    That's a great gesture, really appreciated, thank you. PM on it's way.

As a recognition of this forum's spirit, I'll stick something in the fundraiser accordingly.

Close to me - Is very good, but also very dark. Touches on mental heath issues for men and women. Great acting.

Craftsman
    It’s old

But just watched Happy Valley in iplayer, really enjoyed it

Mr. Robot, what a show

Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    It’s old

But just watched Happy Valley in iplayer, really enjoyed it

Raquel from Coronation Street, 30 years later!

Master
    Dexter warming up nicely

chucky is a new series based on the childs play horror. Its not for most people since there is a doll murdering people and all that but i prefer it to most of the junk series out there these days

Wheel of Time - Amazon Prime. We’ve watched the first 3 episodes and it’s quite entertaining.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Dopesick on Disney, one of the best tv dramas I’ve seen this year…

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Raquel from Coronation Street, 30 years later!
    I’m not a fan of hers, but she’s good in this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Been waiting for Yellowstone to be free to watch for ages, I have now just borrowed the DVDs and starting on it tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Great, series 2 Huzzah!

Master
    Watched Maid over the weekend on Netflix. Cannot recommend highly enough. Really well written, superbly acted (amazing part for Andie Macdowell!) and just beautifully crafted. Really hard to watch at times and highly emotional but well worth the effort.

Wouldn’t have watched it if it wasn’t for the recommendation on here but really glad I did so thanks !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Wheel of Time - Amazon Prime. We’ve watched the first 3 episodes and it’s quite entertaining.
    We've watched the first 3 as well and enjoyed them. There seem to be mixed reviews so far, but then GOT started off slowly too.

I'd say if you like ancient fantasy shows like GOT, Witcher and Lord of the Rings, its worth watching. Most similar so far to Lord of the Rings in my view.

Watched Maid over the weekend on Netflix. Cannot recommend highly enough. Really well written, superbly acted (amazing part for Andie Macdowell!) and just beautifully crafted. Really hard to watch at times and highly emotional but well worth the effort.

Wouldn’t have watched it if it wasn’t for the recommendation on here but really glad I did so thanks !

Agreed.

I initially stopped watching it as I found some parts just too hard to watch. I have since come back to it and am now on the last episode, I think it is a really great show - still tough to watch in places though!

COBRA KAI

I'm sure it's been mentioned several times already, but a recent watch for me. Outstanding!

Take a childhood classic and twist it into something rather unexpected. Some great performances esp. from a certain core individual.

First three seasons on Netflix now, fourth season coming soon.

Midnight Mass on Netflix - a different sort of series, storyline is intriguing, it was scary with an excellent script/dialogue. The acting was really good and well worth a watch.

Craftsman
    Back in post #5872854, forum member ENES kindly offered to loan me his Bluray copy of Yellowstone Season 3. True to his word he sent me the discs, which I have now finished watching (it's a great season, maintaining the high quality of the first two).

At ENES's request, rather than returning the discs to him he's asked that I offer them to anyone who would to watch them next. It's a great gesture, and I'll happily post the discs on if someone would like to watch them. Just PM me your details and I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

Thanks again to ENES for starting the ball rolling.

going on the recommendations here ive been catching up on all the yellowstone seasons and am now up to date 4/5 - cracking series and not something i would usually think to take a look at.

I've been watching a series called "Crossing Lines" on My5.

It features a pan-European (and an American) group of police officers working for the ICC.

They zip around Europe investigating crimes that cross jurisdictions.

All the officers have skeletons in their closets (some very serious ones!) and a number are terribly cliched, but it's fairly entertaining stuff, which zips along quickly enough to make an hour pass with you barely noticing.

Not classic TV, but quite entertaining if you like crime/thriller/action stuff.

It seems there are 3 series in all.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Probably been mentioned multiple times in this thread but just finished the first series of Ted Lasso. I really enjoyed it, light hearted and charming, great to watch in addition to something darker.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I've been watching a series called "Crossing Lines" on My5.

It features a pan-European (and an American) group of police officers working for the ICC.

They zip around Europe investigating crimes that cross jurisdictions.

All the officers have skeletons in their closets (some very serious ones!) and a number are terribly cliched, but it's fairly entertaining stuff, which zips along quickly enough to make an hour pass with you barely noticing.

Not classic TV, but quite entertaining if you like crime/thriller/action stuff.

It seems there are 3 series in all.

M
    We're watching and enjoying Crossing Lines too.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Watching the manga(?) series on Netflix - Cowboy Bebop. I'd heard of it before but this is a new version with actual actors.

It's good. Likeable characters, quick moving storyline.

I believe the original anime version is also on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    We are enjoying this also, does have some twists and turns in it.

Just finished Temple 2nd season, that,s not bad but a bit far fetched.
    And also finished Hellbound another South Korean effort, though not on the level of Parasite.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Currently watching Millennium on BBC4 and iPlayer. I've read the books and seen all the films (Girl with the dragon tattoo etc) several times didn't expect I would find this series had anything more to offer. But the extra scenes and material really add to the story. Possibly even better than the films.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk