closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 3,000 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    One of the very, very few series I have evr watched more than once.

So far I think I've watched it in its entirety four times, and Ashes to Ashes probably three times.

Just sublime TV - perfect.

I've delighted you enjoyed too.

And a third season of Life on Mars has apparenty been commissioned...
    John Simm is a superb actor we don't see enough on the box. A mid-90's min series called 'The Lakes' is our favourite of his but loved Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes too so great see there is another series coming, I hope they can recapture the creative spark they had when these series were first made.

Just had a look at his wiki and see he is playing DS Roy Grace in an upcoming series of books based in Brighton by Peter James. That could be a winner as the few books from that series I have read would lend themselves to great TV.
    Last edited by mondie; 11th September 2020 at 14:14.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    One of the very, very few series I have evr watched more than once.

So far I think I've watched it in its entirety four times, and Ashes to Ashes probably three times.

Just sublime TV - perfect.

I've delighted you enjoyed too.

And a third season of Life on Mars has apparenty been commissioned...
    I really liked Life On Mars, but they didn't quite get the period details right. A mid '80s Seiko ana-digi is shown in close up in one episode, in others the suits and trousers don't quite look right for the '70s. Must dig out the DVDs and watch them again.

I couldn't really get in with Ashes to Ashes, only saw the first couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Not new but the beeb has just put all four series of Battlestar Galactica on the iPlayer.

It passed me by first time so I started watching last night and I'm hooked. Totally brilliant.
    Thanks, I’m going to give this a go

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    John Simm is a superb actor we don't see enough on the box.
    Enjoyed a series he did in 2018 called Strangers.

State of Play was pretty good
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Check out Lovecraft Country if you haven't gotten a chance. HBO standard show with great acting. I've been hooked all week.

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Just watched three seasons of Top Boy on Netflix. Very nice, the first two are great. Quite long episodes, not as “quick” as most modern shows which I like as you actually get a feel for people and a place.

Season 1 and 2 have been renamed to Top Boy Summerhouse, series three is Top Boy (season 1). Bit weird, has to do with rights probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Just seen Marcella recently.

Amazing series.

Just binge watched the whole 8 episodes of Ratched on Netflix.

If you've seen American Horror Story then it's some of the same cast and I guess probably from the same writer's

It's quite good once you get into it and I would recommend it if you like something that's a bit different.

I will say it has a strong Lesbian part about it although I found it a bit strange but the lead actress in real life is one so I guess that's why the part appealed to her.

Either way No it's not about lesbianism but just letting you know it's a part of the story.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Currently watching This is Us on Prime which is quite interesting

Start season 2 if Altered Carbon on Netflix but didn’t really like the new storyline - has anyone finished it?

S

It's certainly not new, but if it's new to you then seek out and watch "A Very Peculiar Practice". Very funny, great characters, great acting and great storylines.
    F.T.F.A.

Just finished S2 of Cobra Kai. It's brilliant.

Free on Netflix now, seasons 1 and 2. They've bought the rights to it, so when S3 comes out (it's been made but not released yet), it'll be on there too.

Also the original Karate Kid movies are on Amazon Prime, but possibly not for long because at least one of them came up in the "limited time on Prime" category. Not sure if there's any way to find out an exact date when Amazon is going to drop something.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Just finished S2 of Cobra Kai. It's brilliant.

Free on Netflix now, seasons 1 and 2. They've bought the rights to it, so when S3 comes out (it's been made but not released yet), it'll be on there too.

Also the original Karate Kid movies are on Amazon Prime, but possibly not for long because at least one of them came up in the "limited time on Prime" category. Not sure if there's any way to find out an exact date when Amazon is going to drop something.
    Agreed. Even more brilliant for us who are fans of the original trilogy. Impressive how much of the original material they have managed to insert into the series.

Saw an interview with Ralph Machio and William Zabka who said that they had the idea of making a series based on Johnny's perspective after they were hired for a cameo in How I met your mother. In the end they were beaten to it by the Cobra Kai producers.

Looking forward to season 3 next year!

Just finished watching The Bodyguard on Netflix, forget how good it was

Master
    I'm enjoying Mindhunters,(well enjoying is the wrong word) on Netflix. I've two episodes left in the second series. I thought the first series was better, but it seems to come into its own midway though the second. Characters are well portrayed and interesting, although some of the subplots seem unnecessary.

Also watched the first episode of Cobra Kai and will be watching more.

A bit of everything

Journeyman
    Long Way Up on the Apple TV+ service is good. Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman on another road trip, this time electric powered. Also enjoyed the Spurs doc on Amazon Prime recently.

Ghosts is good. Lightens the mood after watching mindhunters anyway.

Looking forward to getting into the boys s2 and cobra Kai s3
    Last edited by acg; 25th September 2020 at 10:16.

Journeyman
    Silicon valley - if you're into IT and geek humor

https://youtu.be/6FzQ_s-BjlM

Marcella - Was surprised how good that one is

Entourage - one of the best shows ever, it is how I learned how Hollywood works..

Berlin station - Rhys Ifans spy drama

Deutschland 83 / 86 / 89 follows life of East German mole in West Germany in the 80es.

https://youtu.be/m4WIfrO0aig

And one that I found cool, a coming of age series about this kid who is a geek but starts selling drugs on dark internet.. German but fun to watch:

How to sell drugs online fast

https://youtu.be/TE0ddfq_zHI

Binged "Upload" on Amazon the other night. I really enjoyed it and thought it a clever idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    Saw an interview with Ralph Machio and William Zabka who said that they had the idea of making a series based on Johnny's perspective after they were hired for a cameo in How I met your mother. In the end they were beaten to it by the Cobra Kai producers.
    I read somewhere that Cobra Kai was partly inspired by this:

Quote Originally Posted by Incursore View Post
    Silicon valley - if you're into IT and geek humor

https://youtu.be/6FzQ_s-BjlM

Marcella - Was surprised how good that one is

Entourage - one of the best shows ever, it is how I learned how Hollywood works..

Berlin station - Rhys Ifans spy drama

Deutschland 83 / 86 / 89 follows life of East German mole in West Germany in the 80es.

https://youtu.be/m4WIfrO0aig

And one that I found cool, a coming of age series about this kid who is a geek but starts selling drugs on dark internet.. German but fun to watch:

How to sell drugs online fast

https://youtu.be/TE0ddfq_zHI
    Entourage one of the best shows. Wish I could unsee it so I could watch it all again.

Craftsman
    I started watching Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown about 3 months ago, watch about 5 a week, still got loads left, so good.

Somebody feed Phil is great too.

Blog Entries
    Wet, windy and cold in Lowestoft, lamb in the oven, wood burner is going and Mrs P says we really should start Breaking Bad.

The Soprano’s is my all time and thinking she may be right.

Yay or nay party faithful????????

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Wet, windy and cold in Lowestoft, lamb in the oven, wood burner is going and Mrs P says we really should start Breaking Bad.

I'm surprised this needs to be asked. Yes. If you haven't seen it already, get out from that rock you've been under and binge watch it all!

Pitch
    Yay.
    You won't be disappointed.

Blog Entries
    I know I know, we have nearly and yes have nearly many a time.

He is at the bust with his brother in law, Ep 1, I can see .....

Cheers

Pitch

Blog Entries

Pitch
    I genuinely thought it was rubbish, just didn't like any of the main characters
    Better Call Saul is a lot better, set in the same world but without any of the annoying clowns in it

Craftsman

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Just finished Young Walander on Netflix, very good, just started Walander and it’s seems a little harder to get in to

And Des is worth a watch....my god what an absolute specimen he is

Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ is one of the best TV series I’ve seen in years. It is really funny and at times very moving.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Just binge watched the whole 8 episodes of Ratched on Netflix.

If you've seen American Horror Story then it's some of the same cast and I guess probably from the same writer's

It's quite good once you get into it and I would recommend it if you like something that's a bit different.

I will say it has a strong Lesbian part about it although I found it a bit strange but the lead actress in real life is one so I guess that's why the part appealed to her.

Either way No it's not about lesbianism but just letting you know it's a part of the story.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I watched this over the course of the past few days and found it highly entertaining, dark and brutal in places and surreally funny in others.

The quality of production in impressive and the period art deco style sets along with those beautiful late 40's American cars is just wonderful.

Its not often a series can hold my attention from beginning to end but this one did. Looking forward to the second series.

Craftsman
    Watched this in the covid curfew era, Night Shift, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2477230/. Needed a routine: watch a few episodes starting about 6.30 then hit the Shiraz, just in time for martial law commencing at 8.00. Aldi has some nice cheap Shiraz ($2.50) so finances didn't suffer, just health.

Not sure it's been mentioned before, but I'm watching a series called World War 2 : The Last Heroes.

It's mostly talking heads style interviews with Allied soldiers (and some others) who fought from D-Day through to the end of the war in Europe.

It's title makes it sound a bit gung go, but it's anything but.

As a series exposing the very unheroic nature of war and what it subjects ordinary people to, it's quite harrowing whilst being funny, sad, baffling and incredible (almost) at times.

What comes through is that heroes are the last thing any of these (mostly) men thought they were.

I found it on PBS America, but I expect it's on other services.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Not sure it's been mentioned before, but I'm watching a series called World War 2 : The Last Heroes.

It's mostly talking heads style interviews with Allied soldiers (and some others) who fought from D-Day through to the end of the war in Europe.

It's title makes it sound a bit gung go, but it's anything but.

As a series exposing the very unheroic nature of war and what it subjects ordinary people to, it's quite harrowing whilst being funny, sad, baffling and incredible (almost) at times.

What comes through is that heroes are the last thing any of these (mostly) men thought they were.

I found it on PBS America, but I expect it's on other services.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    I've watched that, very good.

I guess most have passed away since making the programme.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Just finished S1 of the Shooter and its worth a watch, good twists along the way. Apart from the ending where it shows that he could not have been the shooter all along and he knew that! kinda makes the whole show a bit pointless, they should have not had that part. Not sure what they will do in S2 and S3 but will watch them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Where can I watch Yellowstone in the UK??
    OK thanks, now watched Season 1 & thought it was very good - where/how do I get to see Season 2 & 3??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post

Start season 2 if Altered Carbon on Netflix but didn’t really like the new storyline - has anyone finished it?

S

The first series was just okay ; the books are a thousand times better. Series 2 was dire , the anime prequel was better even. I’m glad there won’t be a third season. Leave the books alone please.

Raised by Wolves is utterly superb but only available on HBO in the states . I was genuinely thrilled to be watching solid complex scifi again rather than the usual retreads.

Brave New World on Sky is a pretty decent reworking for the modern age: slightly “millennial” ironically given the subject matter but good nonetheless.

Craftsman
    Not brand new (Started in 2019), just finished season 1 & 2 of Doom Patrol; if only DC’s movies were as good as this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ is one of the best TV series I’ve seen in years. It is really funny and at times very moving.
    Thanks for that recommendation. Seconded!

There’s a interesting documentary on Netflix about the Challenger Space Shuttle and the events that led up to the disaster, nothing new in there but it’s fascinating to see all the interviews.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Thanks for that recommendation. Seconded!
    Third’d, just superb series. Watched the first 5 episodes in one evening.........

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    There’s a interesting documentary on Netflix about the Challenger Space Shuttle and the events that led up to the disaster, nothing new in there but it’s fascinating to see all the interviews.
    I've just finished watching that. Some very interesting (and sometimes shocking) viewpoints and it's always a joy to see Feynman, however briefly.

Journeyman
    I've just stumbled across this gem, I just love it!
    This show feels more Old Top Gear Special than the new Top Gear itself

Marvelous.

Jack Whitehall: Travels with my father

https://youtu.be/K4PihmWMaSI

Blog Entries
    Tried to watch Bordertown on Netflix as it seemed to have some decent reviews.

Just couldn't get on with in the English language dubbing and script seemed too contrived and just odd, to say the least.

Didn't even get to the end of episode 1.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've started watching Spooks on BBC iPlayer from the beginning (series 1 was in 2002)... it's quite interesting to see how much technology has evolved in such a short time, even if some of it is made up for TV. They switched from CRT to flat screen monitors between series 2 and 3.

Interestingly, a lot of the plots are still valid now, some even more so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mf4b

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Not new but the beeb has just put all four series of Battlestar Galactica on the iPlayer.

It passed me by first time so I started watching last night and I'm hooked. Totally brilliant.
    I managed to get to the middle of season 3 and now given up

Master
    Just finished Snowpiercer, preposterous concept but thought it was brilliant especially once all the plot lines started stitching together from about Episode 5, looking forward to Season 2 release in January with Sean Bean!

season 4 of fargo has not long started (3 ep in) - a great series if you have not seen any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    season 4 of fargo has not long started (3 ep in) - a great series if you have not seen any of them.
    Woohoohoo! Excellent news.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    Where are you watching this please? I can’t find anything about UK release.