closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

I like a bit of Sherlock Holmes, and have just discovered a contemporary take on it called "Elementary". It's on Amazon and stars Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Lui and Aiden Quinn.

Very well plotted and good, fun entertaining stuff. It sort of shouldn't work, but it really does - and there's seven seasons of it so to last that long you know it has to be pretty good.

Anyone else watching or seen it?
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I like a bit of Sherlock Holmes, and have just discovered a contemporary take on it called "Elementary". It's on Amazon and stars Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Lui and Aiden Quinn.

Very well plotted and good, fun entertaining stuff. It sort of shouldn't work, but it really does - and there's seven seasons of it so to last that long you know it has to be pretty good.

Tried it, but just too far from the source material for me to not feel contrived.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

It’s been on Sky for years, watched quite a few of them, enjoyed the early series but got more bizarre as it went on.

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    It’s been on Sky for years, watched quite a few of them, enjoyed the early series but got more bizarre as it went on.
    I have been watching out for the start of season 1 of elementary as i noticed they have repeated it from the beginning before.
    Not come across it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I have been watching out for the start of season 1 of elementary as i noticed they have repeated it from the beginning before.
    Not come across it yet.
    It's on Amazon Prime if that helps.
    So clever my foot fell off.

It's on Amazon Prime if that helps.
    Yes it does, kind of thanks.

My broadband is slow and unreliable and so streaming can be a pain unless i stay up late at night when less devices are working.
    Thats why i prefer to record it on my pvr.

Excellent new series JETT just started in the U.S. on Cinemax - - don't know if it's available, or will be available, in the UK.

Carla Gugino is a high-end thief who just finished a five-year prison stint and now wants to go straight and take care of her daughter. Unfortunately, some powerful bad guys "insist" on her remaining active.

Catch 22 is fantastic, Channel 4

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Catch 22 is fantastic, Channel 4
    tbh I thought that initially but I've also recently started re-reading the book and I now appreciate how poor the series is wrt to novel. In fact I got half way through episode 3 and gave in. To be fair, if you hadn't read the book you'd probably think it was okay/good however isn't this often the way when books are ported over the the big (or small) screen? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    tbh I thought that initially but I've also recently started re-reading the book and I now appreciate how poor the series is wrt to novel. In fact I got half way through episode 3 and gave in. To be fair, if you hadn't read the book you'd probably think it was okay/good however isn't this often the way when books are ported over the the big (or small) screen? :-(
    I read the book at school as part of my GCSE back in 1973. The series uses the premise of Yo Yo wanting to get out of completing his mission quota (ever extending) little else relates. I personally am enjoying the show more than the book, maybe I'll read it again as I was only 15?

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I read the book at school as part of my GCSE back in 1973. The series uses the premise of Yo Yo wanting to get out of completing his mission quota (ever extending) little else relates. I personally am enjoying the show more than the book, maybe I'll read it again as I was only 15?
    It's interesting that you think you may have read the book too soon, I read all of Fleming's Bond books when I was 14 and many of the sexual references went straight over my head.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Totally agree , the 70s film is a better version of the book in 2hrs .

Craftsman
    For people who have watched The Boys, have any of you watched The Umbrella Academy? Is it similar, any good?

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    For people who have watched The Boys, have any of you watched The Umbrella Academy? Is it similar, any good?
    Yes, enjoyed both. Very good and very different.
    Both dark, umbrella, also funny moments and a welcome change from the usual super hero BS we see.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Excellent new series JETT just started in the U.S. on Cinemax - - don't know if it's available, or will be available, in the UK.

Carla Gugino is a high-end thief who just finished a five-year prison stint and now wants to go straight and take care of her daughter. Unfortunately, some powerful bad guys "insist" on her remaining active.

Looks good, nice to see the CEO of Los Pollos Hermanos chicken is alive and well also! Great actor. Nice heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Looks good, nice to see the CEO of Los Pollos Hermanos chicken is alive and well also! Great actor. Nice heads up
    Not being a Spanish speaker, I needed to Google what 'Los Pollos Hermanos' translated to. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't 'The Chicken Brothers'.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Not being a Spanish speaker, I needed to Google what 'Los Pollos Hermanos' translated to. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't 'The Chicken Brothers'.
    It's from Breaking Bad.

Craftsman
    For anyone interested in true crime, Murder Mountain is worth a watch on Netflix.

And for a bit of drama, Euphoria is great, really interesting and graphic insight into teenage life, but not your typical teenage angst tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post

And for a bit of drama, Euphoria is great, really interesting and graphic insight into teenage life, but not your typical teenage angst tv show.
    We watched Euphoria and thought is was very different from the norm, scary if you have teenagers!!!