closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,150 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBB View Post

First and second season were excellent I thought. Third one ok. Only just started the latest season. Did you like it?
    There's no doubt that the series is well-made and well-written and Bill Pullman plays the dogged but messed-up detective to perfection. But not really my cup of tea. I watched the first season and started the second, but a story of a child killing his parents is not really my idea of entertainment - so I gave up.

Trainwreck:Woodstock 99 on Netflix, talk about a screwed up festival. It’s a must see tbh…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    "Starring Sean Bean and Nicola Walker a gripping four-part drama exploring married life"
    Don't we have the Dear Wife thread for that...
    Last edited by markrlondon; 20th August 2022 at 03:47.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Faint praise!! I loved Bosch!
    Indeed!

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Trainwreck:Woodstock 99 on Netflix, talk about a screwed up festival. It’s a must see tbh…
    Agreed! Mental scenes.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Utterly astounding behaviour by all concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    House of Dragons, if this first episode is anything to go by then we could be in for something special!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaw dropping!!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    House of Dragons, if this first episode is anything to go by then we could be in for something special!

only caught the first 20 minutes of ep 1, look's promising...just wish Matt Smith wasn't in it though.

Craftsman
    Just started Generation kill , looks very good 3 episodes in
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995832/

Just watched 'The Sandman' and loved it, I found out two more episodes were aired too, Watched them last night!!, Can't wait for S2

I also watched 'Night Sky' and loved it, Season 2 was coming out in 2024 but I read a few days ago that it's been scrapped

John

House of Dragons off to a great start
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    House of Dragons off to a great start
    Isn't it just! An excellent plot setting first episode. Wonder what surprises they have in store for us over the next none episodes?

Gangs Of London on Sky Atlantic also looks very promising. I realise its now two years old but its new to me.
    The only jarring note (entertaining but still jarring) was when Elliot took on and beat half a dozen or more Albanians in the pub with just a dart. That sequence took it from a gritty realistic drama into daft Hollywood territory, but I'll stick with it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Gangs Of London on Sky Atlantic also looks very promising. I realise its now two years old but its new to me.
    The only jarring note (entertaining but still jarring) was when Elliot took on and beat half a dozen or more Albanians in the pub with just a dart. That sequence took it from a gritty realistic drama into daft Hollywood territory, but I'll stick with it for now.
    I agree with what you have said about Elliot and its a shame they decided to do that in episode one. Stick with it though, I promise it gets better & better

This way up on All 4 is fantastic and very funny

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    I agree with what you have said about Elliot and its a shame they decided to do that in episode one. Stick with it though, I promise it gets better & better
    Excellent, thank you :)

Journeyman
    The Boss and I really enjoyed the first series of From on amazon prime and also enjoying The Resort currently

I can't wait for series 2, most violent series I've ever seen , I loved it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Sent from my SM-G988B using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
    I can't wait for series 2, most violent series I've ever seen , I loved it

Sent from my SM-G988B using TZ-UK mobile app
    It wasn't the violence per se that jarred, to be expected from the series title alone. It was the unrealistic hollywood style one man taking on many and winning that jarred. Thoroughly enjoyed it otherwise.

Craftsman
    The Secrets She Keeps on BBC1 is very gripping and thrilling, to be polite.

We watched the first series on iplayer before seeing the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Jaw dropping!!
    Just finished watching Woodstock 99. As you say jaw dropping.

Were Scher and Lange evil or just nuts?

The selection of headline acts was unlikely to emulate the peace, love, anti-war vibe of the original. Holding a peace candle vigil that lit the bonfires. Crazy!

Journeyman
    Happy Valley

Being a fan of Bosch novels and the TV series, I've ventured into the Lincoln Lawyer series of novels, so I was interested to find a series on Netflix.

Pretty good, a similar sort of vibe to the Bosch TV series, but obviously framed around Mickey Haller, the defence attorney.

From what I recall the series follows the book fairly well.

Not finished S1 yet, but there's a second series on the way and going on the first, I shall watch that too.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Mayor of Kingstown is very good.
    Starring Jeremy Renner & I believe it's by the same creators as Yellowstone (which is also excellent).
    I'm watching on Paramount+ (via Sky Cinema) - season 4 of Yellowstone is also appearing on there now.

Journeyman
    Lord of the rings: The Rings of Power

Was tempted to make a whole new thread but wasn't sure if there'd be as many die hard fans as myself

Anyone been watching the new Amazon series? How'd you find it, expectation vs reality?

Personally I'm a huge Tolkien fan and long time lover of the Lord of the rings. Although it's quite different, I'm genuinely loving the new series. The level of detail and links to other Tolkien pieces is great.

I think it seems to be a bit marmite at the minute with fans either loving or hating it!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Yellowstone.

Not at all what I expected and all the better for it.

Neo-Western where Kevin Costner is a mean bastard, with a mean bastard head cowboy working for him, an ex navy seal son who is mean as fcc and a daughter who makes them ALL look like choirboys!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTommo View Post
    Lord of the rings: The Rings of Power

Was tempted to make a whole new thread but wasn't sure if there'd be as many die hard fans as myself

Anyone been watching the new Amazon series? How'd you find it, expectation vs reality?

Personally I'm a huge Tolkien fan and long time lover of the Lord of the rings. Although it's quite different, I'm genuinely loving the new series. The level of detail and links to other Tolkien pieces is great.

I think it seems to be a bit marmite at the minute with fans either loving or hating it!

We’re watching it as were Tolkien fans too (made a trip to Hobbiton). Jury is out with us so far. Slow start but I’m accepting they are building various plots and characters, so hopefully it will speed up.

Enjoying House of Dragon and just started on Yellowstone which is also good.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Being a fan of Bosch novels and the TV series, I've ventured into the Lincoln Lawyer series of novels, so I was interested to find a series on Netflix.

Pretty good, a similar sort of vibe to the Bosch TV series, but obviously framed around Mickey Haller, the defence attorney.

From what I recall the series follows the book fairly well.

Not finished S1 yet, but there's a second series on the way and going on the first, I shall watch that too.

M
    Agreed.
    I have just finished this (S1) and thoroughly enjoyed it, I also thought the series had a 'Bosch-like' vibe about it.
    Looking forward to S2.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    We’re watching it as were Tolkien fans too (made a trip to Hobbiton). Jury is out with us so far. Slow start but I’m accepting they are building various plots and characters, so hopefully it will speed up.

Enjoying House of Dragon and just started on Yellowstone which is also good.
    Yeah absolutely, a lot of character / story line building at the minute so I think it'll start to pick up more and more. Few guesses as to who certern characters may be!

Copied from another thread and more appropriate here...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Somewhat off topic....It was on at the same time as Crossfire on BBC1. Did anybody watch that? I'm still in a state of disbelief. How could the BBC put something on, so bad. The BBC's nadir?)
    I'm watching it but I don't know why. It's not even (quite) in the 'so bad it's good' camp. If it was a 6-parter I'd have ditched it but I'm 2/3 in now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Yellowstone.

Not at all what I expected and all the better for it.

Neo-Western where Kevin Costner is a mean bastard, with a mean bastard head cowboy working for him, an ex navy seal son who is mean as fcc and a daughter who makes them ALL look like choirboys!
    Eagerly awaiting for season 5
    https://youtu.be/_NbDe7U4jos
    Last edited by lewie; 22nd September 2022 at 14:54.

Only a short series of half a dozen episodes but I have loved Pistol on Hulu.

The story of the Sex Pistols adapted from Steve Jones book Lonely Boy.

Took a while to get used to actors playing the protagonists but they made a superb job of it, especially Lydon and McLaren.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

If you like hyperbolic fantasy nonsense, Lady Sod and I have just finished an 8-parter from DC (Comics) stable:

'Peacemaker' picks up on the douchebag anti-hero's post-'Suicide Squad' life, backstory, &c., and truly, madly runs with it - packing it with bad music, bad jokes, bad sex, very bad people, lashings of gratuitous graphic violence, and a certain amount of nuanced redemption...

Creator, James Gunn, wrote it during lockdown for his own amusement, and apparently never for a moment intended - much-less expected - it to be filmed. It is the most 'zeitgesty' of any series or film in this or Marvel's vast, rambling genre, and amazingly - not the worse for it.

The fact that John Cena can actually really act, mock himself, and then act some more is initially surprising, and then you remember what wrestling actually is...

Brain-out-ENTERTAINMENT/10

Master
    Watching Mike on Disney at the moment. About the rise and fall of Mike Tyson. Not sure if it’s completely accurate but a really good watch so far (3 in) and a subject I have a lot of interest in.

Craftsman
    Far from a new series but finally got round to watching Breaking Bad. Definitely worth a watch but hadn’t realised it was going to keep me up until 2.00am for about 2 weeks solid !!! So many episodes !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller1 View Post
    Far from a new series but finally got round to watching Breaking Bad. Definitely worth a watch but hadn’t realised it was going to keep me up until 2.00am for about 2 weeks solid !!! So many episodes !!!!
    And then you have to start on Better Call Saul...
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    If you like hyperbolic fantasy nonsense, Lady Sod and I have just finished an 8-parter from DC (Comics) stable:

'Peacemaker' picks up on the douchebag anti-hero's post-'Suicide Squad' life, backstory, &c., and truly, madly runs with it - packing it with bad music, bad jokes, bad sex, very bad people, lashings of gratuitous graphic violence, and a certain amount of nuanced redemption...

Creator, James Gunn, wrote it during lockdown for his own amusement, and apparently never for a moment intended - much-less expected - it to be filmed. It is the most 'zeitgesty' of any series or film in this or Marvel's vast, rambling genre, and amazingly - not the worse for it.

The fact that John Cena can actually really act, mock himself, and then act some more is initially surprising, and then you remember what wrestling actually is...

Brain-out-ENTERTAINMENT/10
    Should be right up my strasse, ta.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    only caught the first 20 minutes of ep 1, look's promising...just wish Matt Smith wasn't in it though.
    I wasn't sure about him either but he's now the best character in the show, it's going along OK, not as interesting or as in depth as GOT and now they've changed all the young actors its lost something again.

Sure it’s been mentioned before but Cobra Kai is a real fun watch.

Daft but a lot of fun

Craftsman
    Our Friends In The North on iPlayer: 25 years old now, but still a very powerful drama with an amazing cast.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Our Friends In The North on iPlayer: 25 years old now, but still a very powerful drama with an amazing cast.
    Caught an episode of this covering the miners strike. Great series

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    And then you have to start on Better Call Saul...
    I have sat down to watch BCS on three separate occasion on never got past the first episode for some reason

Just finished State of Happiness series 1 on iPlayer. Excellent. I keep looking for interesting watches but nothing yet.

It's set in the late 60s about the Norwegian oil and gas boom and one of the main characters is a diver. He wears something with no bezel and bright red dial?

Master
    Dahmer on Netflix is dark & gripping!

I am quite enjoying 'Inside Man' on BBC at the moment. I haven't finished it yet, but it is holding my interest well.

Stanley Tucci and David Tenant in an almost Hitchcock(esque) thriller, with a hint of comedy/farce and a vague whiff off Silence of the Lambs in there too.
    (I appreciate that I did NOT sell it well with that description!)

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Dahmer on Netflix is dark & gripping!
    How gory is it? Had a read of his Wiki and that was pretty rough if they are showing half of it but I'd be interested to watch if not too bad

Craftsman
    Im sure its been mentioned but my son and I and working through Suits on Netflix.
    Oh how we love Harvey !!
    Up to series 6 now so 3 more to go . You need to keep on top of things as its pretty complex and as a lawyer friend said " i wish all my documents are two pages and can be read in 5 seconds " but thats missing the point.

And Donna .................................................

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
    How gory is it? Had a read of his Wiki and that was pretty rough if they are showing half of it but I'd be interested to watch if not too bad
    Dark but wouldn’t say gory to be honest. Or I missed those parts as not affected. My wife hates gore and has not complained once yet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Sure it’s been mentioned before but Cobra Kai is a real fun watch.

Daft but a lot of fun
    Watched 5 episodes last night with my wife. Loved it. Lot of fun as you say.