closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Yeah it's not for everyone, I don't know how you watched them but binging might help, 3 or 4 in one go might get you into it.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I watched a few episodes of s1 deadwood but didn't impress me.
    When does it improve?
    Stick with it mate.

I got season 1 on dvd but it just didnt grab me so has been gathering dust until i run out of stuff on the pvr.

Well into Sharp Objects, very dark but worth a go!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

When does it improve?
    It's all subjective and not at all compulsory, I enjoyed it very much. On the other hand many people enjoyed the tripe called Game of Thrones, so each to his own. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not new but currently watching Save Me. Four down, two to go and enjoying it so far.

Master
    I’ve stumbled across Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix and am really enjoying it.
    It’s a peculiar programme but really entertaining and funny.

Master
    Blog Entries
    With all the hype around 'Line of Duty', the BBC have uploaded Jed Mercurio's 'Bodies' on to iPlayer.

It's a medical drama from 2005 set in an Obstetrics and Gynaecology ward. Brutally cynical and hard-hitting, it is not going to be confused with 'Call the Midwife'.

It's totally gripping!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I enjoyed that back in the day. Might give it a rewatch.

Started watching AO, initially really enjoyed it. Almost finished the first series and its getting a bit "meh", will watch it till the end to see how it plays out

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    With all the hype around 'Line of Duty', the BBC have uploaded Jed Mercurio's 'Bodies' on to iPlayer.

It's a medical drama from 2005 set in an Obstetrics and Gynaecology ward. Brutally cynical and hard-hitting, it is not going to be confused with 'Call the Midwife'.

It's totally gripping!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    THanks for the heads up, I think we'll be watching this. I remember seeing it at the time, and Patrick Baladi and Keith Allen being good.

When does it improve?
    I am another one that has started rewatching it in preparation for the film. I really enjoyed it the first time around.

Watching the first few episodes I can see why you might not be into it. But as the characters get deeper into the story they start to develop and shine. I am up to episode seven now.

If you do invest more time in it you have the comfort of knowing that the ends should be tied up by the film. It was a git for a program I enjoyed so much to finish without actually being completed.

Craftsman

Deadwood

Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post
    Deadwood was a league above everything else.
    I have also started watching the 3 season Deadwood series. I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. Interesting characters and scenario.

Ian 'C***sucker' McShane has definitely come a long way since Lovelace. I am also enjoying watching him in his latest role in American Gods as well.

The young ones

On dvd

BUBI 0_0

This a bit tentative, as I'm only two episodes in, and I reserve the right to withdraw my recommendation, but I'm enjoying Homecoming on Prime at the moment.

I won't say anything about the plot but it's intriguing and is building a nice sense of discomfort and indeed creepiness. The odd thing is that the episodes are only a half-hour each. I thought I must have fallen asleep or blacked-out when the first episode ended so quickly!

I does help with the atmosphere though, adding to the sense of the whole thing not being quite right and moving inexorably towards something.

The look and feel reminds me very much of a Seventies TV show at times, though the setting and production values are very much up to date.

Anyway, enough rambling, give the first episode a go, it's only half hour of your life wasted if you don't like it! :O))

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    On a lighter note, Lee and Dean on C4.

Comedy about two builders that has just the right balance of laughs and pathos.
    I’m on a Lee and Dean binge at the moment. Kind of avoided it first time around as I am somewhat squeamish about smarmy, TV, media types taking the piss out of the less capable. A squeamishness that is easily overcome as there are some killer topics covered and gags in L&D. It’s another mock fly on the wall. Should finish series 1 today and then back on track with 2. Not for the over-sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think series 2 of Lee and Dean is even better.

McFarland
    Kevin kostner

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Yep, still loving it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Watched the first episode last night, thought it was fantastic. Cannot recall the last thing I watched on tv where I wasn’t fiddling with my phone or iPad during it; was gripped by this.
    Yes, watched the first episode of "chernobyl" the other night and it's really excellent!! Bloody grim and depressing though :(
    Last edited by odyseus10; 14th May 2019 at 16:39.

I've watched the first 2 episodes of chernobyl ...

Really enjoying it, the pace and drama of it all is spot on, seems to have been made with a pretty big budget too.

Just wish I could download the lot, I'd finish it tonight.

No spoilers please.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    I've watched the first 2 episodes of chernobyl ...

Really enjoying it, the pace and drama of it all is spot on, seems to have been made with a pretty big budget too.

Just wish I could download the lot, I'd finish it tonight.

No spoilers please.
    I share the frustration, I’d have watched it all by now. We tend to binge series in one go.

Cannot decide whether to watch weekly, or save it all up & watch it non stop.

If I'd not watched episode 1 I'd wait till it finished but I don't think I can wait 3 weeks for it now.

The climax to ep2 was quite something, drama at its finest.

Journeyman
    Two good series out this week I'm looking forward to getting stuck into....sneaky pete season 3 on amazon prime, and lucifer season 4 on netflix.

Craftsman
    I'm through the first two episodes of the Looming Tower and it's decent. A bit hammy and gingoistic, but worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    I’ve stumbled across Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix and am really enjoying it.
    It’s a peculiar programme but really entertaining and funny.

We just found it too.
    A very quirky comedy, enjoying it.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Just started Ozark, only seen two episodes hooked already!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    I'm through the first two episodes of the Looming Tower and it's decent. A bit hammy and gingoistic, but worth a watch.
    + 1 can't wait for next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
    + 1 can't wait for next episode.
    This is great series, you won't regret watching all the way through!

Jeff Daniels is brilliant in it too

Blog Entries
    Back to life…. One of the best thing las I’ve seen in a long time…. Slightly quirky and hugely dark and funny - Excellent

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Watched Chernobyl and thinking that if it happened here, say at Sizewell, we’d be well and truly fooked.

Hard to say “spoiler alert” because everyone knows it went “bang” rather spectacularly!

If it happened here, we’d have no steel to make the containment unit (because British Steel has gone bust) no miners to dig the heat sink under the plant, not enough heavy helicopters capable of dropping the sand and boron, we’d have environmental protestor hippies chaining themselves to diggers and at least several public consultations on whether to stop the leak, all before paying a private firm gazillions to come and sort it all out under some dodgy PFI.

By that stage most of England will be irrradiated and glowing.

As I said, we’d be fooked.

Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post
    Watched Chernobyl and thinking that if it happened here, say at Sizewell, we’d be well and truly fooked.

Hard to say “spoiler alert” because everyone knows it went “bang” rather spectacularly!

If it happened here, we’d have no steel to make the containment unit (because British Steel has gone bust) no miners to dig the heat sink under the plant, not enough heavy helicopters capable of dropping the sand and boron, we’d have environmental protestor hippies chaining themselves to diggers and at least several public consultations on whether to stop the leak, all before paying a private firm gazillions to come and sort it all out under some dodgy PFI.

Im watching this and am impressed by the way its been put together. I particularly like the uneasy feeling of things falling apart that slowly builds.

Journeyman
    Hmm i will watch chernobyl . Seems very good

Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post

We would be for sure. There were many people who sacrificed their lives in the first 48hrs after the Chernobyl explosion. Many 'human robots' were paid large sums of money to pick up exploded bits of the reactor and dump it back through the hole in the roof, all died in the days and weeks later of horrific RA poisioning. Without people willing to do this out of honour/ignorance or whatever, how would we even being to secure the reactor.

As an Australian, I am veryt conscious of living on an island surrounded by nuclear plants. Australia has never gone down the nuclear path preferring coal and hydro, and more recently solar & gas. Baffles me why fracking gets the anger and coverage it does when nuclear is the ultimate risk we face. Perhaps it is just accepted and no longer challenged.

Barry on sky Atlantic is worth a watch, former hitman tries to become an actor.

It's a black comedy, dark in parts, violent and sweary.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Barry on sky Atlantic is worth a watch, former hitman tries to become an actor.

It's a black comedy, dark in parts, violent and sweary.
    I rather enjoyed it, and I think NoHo Hank might be my favourite TV character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXrjeTNXJw

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Croman View Post
    Hmm i will watch chernobyl . Seems very good

It’s excellent as others have said. But tough to watch in places.

I spend the last hour on google street view round Pripyat.

and I think NoHo Hank might be my favourite TV character
    He is quite something.

Echoing, Chernobyl is excellent, gripping drama and informative.

For a good read on the subject I recommend Voices from Chernobyl: The Oral History of a Nuclear Disaster by Svetlana Alexievich.

Craftsman
    Chernobyl is excellent. Capturing the background environment of the USSR very well. Some real hero's and villains there. Sadly the villains were never brought to justice as the series may well show.

The UK stations and the UK itself are light years apart. I would happily work at and live near any of them.

Craftsman
    63 up is back next week. Tuesday 4th June on ITV. For those that haven’t seen it, it’s a documentary that has been filming the ongoing lives of some selected children which they update every seven years. 7 up, 14 up, 21 up, you get the idea. They have filmed kids from working, middle and upper class families. Very interesting to see how things have turned out for them.

Formula One: Drive to Survive on Netflix is absolutely brilliant - completely unexpectedly so.

I have lost interest in F1 over the years, so just tried this out with low expectations. It's absolutley compelling, riveting stuff. The access they had to the trams is astonishing, and the drama and politics of F1 are fascinating.

Frankly, you don't need to be an F1 fan (I haven't been, but might be again after this), to be hooked.

Anyone else discovered this gem?
    So clever my foot fell off.

There’s a documentary on iPlayer ‘Thatcher’ the story of Maggies rise to power, won’t be for everyone but it’s interesting.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    There’s a documentary on iPlayer ‘Thatcher’ the story of Maggies rise to power, won’t be for everyone but it’s interesting.
    I saw enough of it first hand
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Just finished watching Earth from Space that is currently on iPlayer. It was an enjoyable and interesting watch although it did leave me worrying about the survival of mankind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p072n2zr

This shows a few clips so you can get a feel for the programme.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    63 up is back next week. Tuesday 4th June on ITV. For those that haven’t seen it, it’s a documentary that has been filming the ongoing lives of some selected children which they update every seven years. 7 up, 14 up, 21 up, you get the idea. They have filmed kids from working, middle and upper class families. Very interesting to see how things have turned out for them.
    I have been watching this since I was a kid, will be watching this for sure!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Formula One: Drive to Survive on Netflix is absolutely brilliant - completely unexpectedly so.

I have lost interest in F1 over the years, so just tried this out with low expectations. It's absolutley compelling, riveting stuff. The access they had to the trams is astonishing, and the drama and politics of F1 are fascinating.

Frankly, you don't need to be an F1 fan (I haven't been, but might be again after this), to be hooked.

Anyone else discovered this gem?
    It’s in my watch list, but like you lost interest in the sport over the years. Glad to know it’s worth a watch, thanks.

When I watch some of the footage in the film, Senna, I get goosebumps and brings back the excitement I grew up with watching F1. I have lost all of that these days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    I spend the last hour on google street view round Pripyat.
    Didn’t know you could, off there shortly!