closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,950 of 5455

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Young Wallander

The 2nd series of Young Wallander now on Netflix , very well written and nicely played and each episode only 40mins so 2 or 3 in a row no problem
    Only downside maybe for some all English actors apart from the lead but all in English , bit strange sometimes when he speaks to a carjacker in Hospital and he has a Glaswegian accent ...

Master
    Taboo on Netflix

Top Boy

Really enjoyed Top Boy on Netflix. Set in London and far removed from the countrywide in Wiltshire but if you can get to grips with the ‘fam’ and ‘food’ ghetto talk it’s gritty and raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2500 View Post
    Also, has anyone watched White Gold; very funny comedy series set in the 1980s about the double glazing industry with a great soundtrack too

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    This is absolutely brilliant and had me laughing out loud!

Craftsman
    Watched latest series of Top Boy - as brilliant as ever. Raw emotion and nice action alongside it, it is a really good show. Kano continues to show remarkable range - he's some actor. 9/10.

Peacemaker I've watched first 4-5 episodes and have to say it is wonderful. Have found the Marvel tv series very hit and miss, but this really feels more akin to something like The Boys. Lots of great humour, music, and action. 8/10 (so far).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Crime drama 'The Night Of' staring Riz Ahmed. One of the best things I've seen in years. On Sky Atlantic btw.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Taboo on Netflix
    I love this. So dark!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Crime drama 'The Night Of' staring Riz Ahmed. One of the best things I've seen in years. On Sky Atlantic btw.
    Agree 100%. This was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Agree 100%. This was superb.
    Just finished this was very good.

The final series of queen of the south is on Netflix, the whole series was pretty good and worth a watch, earlier ones way better than the latter but still good. The series ended well, which is a bonus.

Master
    4th season of Top Boy has landed on Netflix recently and is absolutely superb. Just an amazing show in every aspect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellowstone is starting on 5 this week and, having just watched the latest series, it just gets better with each series. Some brilliant performances, most notably Kelly Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Yellowstone is starting on 5 this week and, having just watched the latest series, it just gets better with each series. Some brilliant performances, most notably Kelly Reilly.
    Currently on Season 4 Ep 2. I just can't stop watching it. I know it's ludicrously far-fetched, but some of the characters just keep me coming back for more!

As I said before, this must be the part Costner has been dying to play all of his acting career

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I literally can’t get past episode 1, I
    Must be missing something as normally I live this type of thing

Will give it another go

I just started watching it (yellowstone) last night. 2 episode in and I'm not in a rush to go back, already seems overly far fetched to me. I'll keep at it if I remember to. I'm enjoying watching Still game and MASH again

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    'Undercover' on Netflix (Belgian) is excellent. Not all that new but not old, either. Very witty humour and clever plot lines that are also acted very well including with memorable characters.

Master
    Love Yellowstone but the spin off 1882 is much better. Definite recent highlight!

Journeyman
    Taboo on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Love Yellowstone but the spin off 1882 is much better. Definite recent highlight!

Was this a prequel? ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Was this a prequel? ;-)
    A bit! And it’s 1883, missed a year !

Master
    Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. Set 100years after Vikings (on Amazon) finished. Tells the story of how King Canute came to power in England amongst other storylines.

Master

Slow Horses

Slow Horses on Apple is very good so far. Adaption of the Mick Herron books with a great cast including Gary Oldman

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Pottinger View Post
    'Undercover' on Netflix (Belgian) is excellent. Not all that new but not old, either. Very witty humour and clever plot lines that are also acted very well including with memorable characters.
    I know it's not a series but the film Ferry (which is a kind of prequel to this series) was very good also

Master
    Blog Entries
    Barry is back on NowTV and Sky in prep for the new series, if you’ve not seen it I advise you catch up it’s awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. Set 100years after Vikings (on Amazon) finished. Tells the story of how King Canute came to power in England amongst other storylines.
    If you liked that, The Last Kingdom on Netflix is a really good one in that genre.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    Newark Newark

Classic crap council comedy but easy hours watch to see all 3 without intros

RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    If you liked that, The Last Kingdom on Netflix is a really good one in that genre.
    Wasn't sure if Vikings and Last Kingdom were too similar i.e. set in same time period, might get confusing with different interpretations of the same events in history.

Severance on Apple TV.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyal View Post
    Slow Horses on Apple is very good so far. Adaption of the Mick Herron books with a great cast including Gary Oldman
    Yes enjoying this, Oldman superb as usual

Jimmy Savile: A British horror story on Netflix.

I'm not one to watch true crime shows usually but the story of how Savile's crimes were kept undercover until after his death whilst he had previously been hobnobbing with Royalty and adored by the public as a great benefactor etc is quite breathtaking.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Recommendations of something to watch with a 9 year old please. Just finished Lost InSpace which she enjoyed (even though Netflix rates it 12) .

I know I'm extremely late to the game, but the Mrs. And I just started watching Peaky Blinders and does it just take a few episodes to warm up to it (can anyone remember)? Our friends have been telling us forever to watch it and we've just watched a few and it just doesn't seem to have gotten me hooked yet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    I know I'm extremely late to the game, but the Mrs. And I just started watching Peaky Blinders and does it just take a few episodes to warm up to it (can anyone remember)? Our friends have been telling us forever to watch it and we've just watched a few and it just doesn't seem to have gotten me hooked yet.

I only started watching it maybe 6 weeks ago. I found it a bit slow to get going to be honest and whilst enjoying it, didn’t see the hype that others did. That said every series grew on me a little bit more and by the 4th series I was quite into it. Couldn’t wait to see it through to the end. Strangely as the series go on you kind of get drawn to Tommy and Arthur and end up routing for them despite what they are!

Stick with it :-)

I gave up after 3 episodes

Master

I am watching it from the start again, as my wife gave up last time. Even though I know what happens and how it improves; the first few episodes are slow.

Tried 2 weeks to live which is short 6 episode series - much funnier than I expected

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    4th season of Top Boy has landed on Netflix recently and is absolutely superb. Just an amazing show in every aspect!

Just finished season 1. Absolutely gripping. Glad there’s another 3 seasons to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by comdiver View Post
    Severance on Apple TV.

Just finished season 1 today. Brilliant stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Recommendations of something to watch with a 9 year old please. Just finished Lost InSpace which she enjoyed (even though Netflix rates it 12) .
    What about things like The Mandalorian & The Book of Bobba Fett?

Craftsman
    Quite enjoying Winning Time on Sky. It's about the rise of the LA Lakers when they are bought by an eccentric new owner, also following players of the time like Abdul Kareem Jabbar and Magic Johnson.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Just finished The Last Kingdom and now onto Slow Horses, both

Moon Knight's pretty good, 3 episodes in, it's not quite your typical Marvel fare...mental illness, ancient Egyptian gods and pyramids instead of radioactive spiders, Vita rays and space ships.

4 eps into halo - worth a watch with some decent special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    4 eps into halo - worth a watch with some decent special effects.
    Think I made it to about 10 minutes in, the moved on. I think if you play the game it may make more sense, started off good though. May give it another shot.

In other news, Top Boy’s last season was epic. If you haven’t watched this show I can highly recommend it really good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Think I made it to about 10 minutes in, the moved on. I think if you play the game it may make more sense, started off good though. May give it another shot.

In other news, Top Boy’s last season was epic. If you haven’t watched this show I can highly recommend it really good show.
    you need to make it past the first eps and it gets better , tbh the first eps i was ready to switch off myself asi thought it was going to be another mandalorian (where the main char never takes his helm off and i dont rate that series much at all).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    you need to make it past the first eps and it gets better , tbh the first eps i was ready to switch off myself asi thought it was going to be another mandalorian (where the main char never takes his helm off and i dont rate that series much at all).
    Maybe should give Mando another go....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    Anatomy of a Scandal seems quite generic after the first episode but I will persevere with it tonight.

A couple of episodes into Slow Horses and I think it's excellent.

Gary Oldman is such a great actor and to have Kristen Scott-Thomas in anything is a bonus in my book

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Jimmy Savile: A British horror story on Netflix.

I'm not one to watch true crime shows usually but the story of how Savile's crimes were kept undercover until after his death whilst he had previously been hobnobbing with Royalty and adored by the public as a great benefactor etc is quite breathtaking.
    It was harrowing in the extreme. The number of victims and their suffering. Dreadful.

Master
    Korean show called Panchinko on Apple TV. Absolutely wonderful piece of story telling! Highly recommended