closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Me too, a great ending, but a bit predictable after the final conversation between father and son.
    Indeed though I wasn't sure if that's what they'd agreed or just against him based on the killer comment

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I thought the latest Netflix season of Top Boy was good, really enjoyed The Boys too as others have said.
    Enjoyed Top Boy, thought it was slow to get going but ended strong.

Grand Master
    The Capture
    RIAC

Another shout for Unbelievable, very good

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    For those of a certain age and who also were into DC comics then take a look on Amazon Prime.....Swamp Thing.

15 minutes into The Prodigal Son, and it's great fun if you like psycho procedurals!

Craftsman
    The capture on BBC iPlayer is going good so far

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    For those of a certain age and who also were into DC comics then take a look on Amazon Prime.....Swamp Thing.
    Also Doom Patrol - it's just started on the Sci-Fi channel here.

Giri/Haji on BBC and iPlayer. Japanese / British gangster/crime story. Very good so far (on episode 4 of 8).

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    The capture on BBC iPlayer is going good so far

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    excellent series based on a worrying practice of security services in the UK to foil plots with the "ends justify the means" attitude.
    and all the problems that potentially come along with it.

Takes a few episodes to get going though.

Journeyman
    In no particular order, highly recommenced:
    Ray Donovan
    Bosch
    Stranger Things
    Designated survivor
    True detective (apart from S2)
    Chernobyl
    The boys
    Schitt’s creek
    Sherlock
    Westworld

Not sure if it’s already mentioned in this thread but The Sinner season 1 is brilliant although in my opinion not at all suitable for children... it’s one to watch when the kids go to bed and it’s fairly graphic with adult themes. It’s the first series I’ve watched where I couldn’t really predict what was going to happen or what direction it was going to take.

Secondly I really enjoy the Killing Eve series. I just finished season two and thought it was both funny and at times a bit harsh. If you want something light and a bit different check it out.

This should be brilliant!

So clever my foot fell off.

Try 'The young offenders',
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Fracture is decent, keeps you guessing all the way and has lots of twists

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

looks good. i have been holding off on this show for years. i love the premise of it and if its the last season i will wait for it to end and binge watch all the seasons .

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Try 'The young offenders',
    The two Irish lads and the mum? Brilliant!

I caught it by accident last night and was pi55ing myself. It's also quite moving with some quality acting and script.

I've set a series link and will catch up on missed episodes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fianoglach View Post
    looks good. i have been holding off on this show for years. i love the premise of it and if its the last season i will wait for it to end and binge watch all the seasons .
    I'm really looking forward to the conclusion. It's been a really enjoyable series, and each season seems to better than the last. Hope the finale is not a flop, looking at you, Game of Thrones.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I thought the latest Netflix season of Top Boy was good, really enjoyed The Boys too as others have said.
    Agreed, Top Boy was good and turned into a bit of a binge watch. We had to watch it with subtitles though!

Craftsman

Looks good, I think I’ll watch season 3 now. The last one was so delayed I never got round to it.

As above capture at the minute, also been told Dublin murders or is it diaries is pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The two Irish lads and the mum? Brilliant!

I caught it by accident last night and was pi55ing myself. It's also quite moving with some quality acting and script.

I've set a series link and will catch up on missed episodes.
    Indeed, I laughed out loud many times yet also found it very moving, sad story hidden in a funny programme.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

'Too Old To Die Young' on Prime is superb. I only came by it via a film search for one of my favourite directors, Nicolas Winding Refn.

It's a crime drsma and is a bit slow to start with (lots of lingering slow panning shots that Refn loves) but it's so worth it. Very brutal at times too. I was genuinely shocked at some scenes.

Master
    The Kominsky Method is back for season 2 on Netflix. If you missed the first season, give it a look. It is a really lovely, innocent, funny show.

I am going to binge it later.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    'Too Old To Die Young' on Prime is superb. I only came by it via a film search for one of my favourite directors, Nicolas Winding Refn.

It's a crime drsma and is a bit slow to start with (lots of lingering slow panning shots that Refn loves) but it's so worth it. Very brutal at times too. I was genuinely shocked at some scenes.
    I gave up on this after 3 or 4 episodes. I'm a NWR fan but it felt a little too slow and indulgent. Every episode feels feature-length and in the end I wasn't connected enough with any of the characters to see it through. I may go back to it at some point!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I gave up on this after 3 or 4 episodes. I'm a NWR fan but it felt a little too slow and indulgent. Every episode feels feature-length and in the end I wasn't connected enough with any of the characters to see it through. I may go back to it at some point!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    I can understand that, I very nearly switched off before the end of the opening scene. I'm glad I didn't. Zero chance of watching this with the gf so I'm slowly making my way through. Am at episode 10 now.

Watched the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon over the weekend - very enjoyable and good fun.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    The pistorius doc on amazon prime is well worth a watch

4 1hr episodes.

Craftsman
    Mrs SiSetts and I watched the whole of Unbelievable on Netflix.
    Talk about a lazy Sunday.
    Worth a watch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    The pistorius doc on amazon prime is well worth a watch
    Roses are red

Violets are glorious

Never sneak up

On Oscar Pistorius

Craftsman
    The Spy on Netflix with Sacha Baron Cohen. Based on a true story.

Really enjoying The Watchman, as dark as the Zach Snyder film and as good so far.

Watched the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon over the weekend - very enjoyable and good fun.
    Thats good news... very much enjoyed the first series.

The plan had been to start it last weekend, but finished Succession s1 we piled straight into s2! Its very good – last night we got to episode 3, Hunting. A very uncomfortable watch meaning it was superbly acted. Put me in mind (in a slightly different way) of the Negan in the woods episode of Walking Dead. Brian Cox was a brute!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Thats good news... very much enjoyed the first series.

The plan had been to start it last weekend, but finished Succession s1 we piled straight into s2! Its very good – last night we got to episode 3, Hunting. A very uncomfortable watch meaning it was superbly acted. Put me in mind (in a slightly different way) of the Negan in the woods episode of Walking Dead. Brian Cox was a brute!
    Just finished binge watching both seasons of succession. One of the best things I have watched for ages, really really good! Boar on the floor..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm currently 3/4 of the way through. It's good but I'm not sure it's quite as good as the first. The first was very believable, this one a little less so.

I'm very much looking forward to the final series of The Man in the High Castle which is due soon. I know many have struggled with this but I love it. One of the appeals for me is the quality of the acting, John Smith, Tagomi and Kido in particular are beautifully played. Especially the former, to ellicit so much sympathy in a character who does many terrible things is no mean feat. I even find myself empathising with Kido despite his atrocities.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    I'm currently 3/4 of the way through. It's good but I'm not sure it's quite as good as the first. The first was very believable, this one a little less so.
    Watchable action binge but not as good/plausible a story. Bit disappointed.

Blog Entries
    Finished watching S1 and S2 of Patriot (Amazon prime) over the last few.weeks and very much enjoyed it. Some weird storylines but the characters are well written and some genuine lol moments.

Not really a series but I'll bung it here - Rich Hall's latest documentary, his Cold War history 'Rich Hall's Red Menace' is typically acerbic and very entertaining.

Master
    For All Mankind on the new Apple TV+ is really superb. Follows the world after a slightly different outcome of the US and Russian space race in the 60’s. If this is indicative of the quality of shows they will be producing I think it could be a really good streaming service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    We're loving the new David Attenborough series on BBC Sunday evenings at the moment. Can't believe that it's got relegated to the 6.20pm slot though - surely it's worthy of the 8pm prime time position!

- - - Updated - - -

We're loving the new David Attenborough series on BBC Sunday evenings at the moment. Can't believe that it's got relegated to the 6.20pm slot though - surely it's worthy of the 8pm prime time position!

2 into series two the Britannia series, really weird but I like it!

Craftsman
    Rick & Morty is back next week on Channel 4.

I guess you have to have a certain sense of humour but I find it funny, rest of the series is on Netflix.

Craftsman
    Recently finished Bosch, after it being recommended on this thread. It was very enjoyable. I thought that season 4 was superb but season 5 was a little all over the place, but still far better than your average cop show. Looking forward to it return next April.

I'm about to dive into re-watching The Shield. It's been about 10 years since I last watched it and my wife has never seen it. It's a cracking show, can't wait to start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Yes, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by neil-c-8 View Post
    Excellent series as expected, but perhaps the narrative is getting a bit too "preachy"?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Netflix has a World War 2 in colour series on, each episode focuses on a pivotal moment of the war, from Pearl Harbour to Stalingrad, it’s really good with some amazing footage.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Blacklist

Outlander

Craftsman
    I've just watched the first episode of (Star Wars) The Mandalorian and thought it was pretty good!

Craftsman
    Been watching Jack Ryan first series after reading here. Gripping & realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Into the third episode, really good.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Can't say anything about the rest of the series, but I just watched one episode of Abstract: The Art of Design on Netflix. I watched the one about Jonathan Hoefler: Typeface Design.

Aside from being a generally interesting documentary about the process and complexities of type design, it happens to focus on one particular typeface, inspired by vintage watches. So there's a lot of footage of different watches with dial macros and analysis of the typography.

I'd be curious to see if anyone recognises any of the watches, or can identify the Omega just from the closeup of the word "Omega" :)

In particular I really want to know what is the watch with the small 𝜋 symbol between 3 and 5 (no idea what happened to the 4!)