closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 5388

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    63 up is back next week. Tuesday 4th June on ITV. For those that haven’t seen it, it’s a documentary that has been filming the ongoing lives of some selected children which they update every seven years. 7 up, 14 up, 21 up, you get the idea. They have filmed kids from working, middle and upper class families. Very interesting to see how things have turned out for them.

Thanks for that, I didn't know it was back. Been a very interesting experiment.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Barry on sky Atlantic is worth a watch, former hitman tries to become an actor.

It's a black comedy, dark in parts, violent and sweary.
    I'm coming to the end of S1 and am really enjoying it. Watched episode 7 last night, wow - what an episode of television!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Formula One: Drive to Survive on Netflix is absolutely brilliant - completely unexpectedly so.

I have lost interest in F1 over the years, so just tried this out with low expectations. It's absolutley compelling, riveting stuff. The access they had to the trams is astonishing, and the drama and politics of F1 are fascinating.

Frankly, you don't need to be an F1 fan (I haven't been, but might be again after this), to be hooked.

Anyone else discovered this gem?
    Just finished watching it over the weekend!
    Brilliant insight in to what goes on behind the scenes and some of the inter team/driver rivalry you don’t see on the normal coverage.
    Some stunning photography and slo mo action
    Still not sure how Grojean kept his seat though!

Apparently Mercedes and Ferrari will be in the 2nd series

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy333 View Post
    Just finished watching it over the weekend!
    Brilliant insight in to what goes on behind the scenes and some of the inter team/driver rivalry you don’t see on the normal coverage.
    Some stunning photography and slo mo action
    Still not sure how Grojean kept his seat though!

Apparently Mercedes and Ferrari will be in the 2nd series

Was it far better than you expected?

I’m 2/3 of the way through and it really is completely compelling.

I’m amazed how much access the production company got, and at the truly exceptional construction and production values of each episode.

I genuinely don’t think it matters whether you are an F1 fan or not, this is brilliant television (once again) from Netflix.

I am also certain this has greatly rekindled my interest in Formula One. Probably because the people behind the scenes are just as interesting as the drivers.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    I watched the first episode just now & am hooked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Was it far better than you expected?

I’m 2/3 of the way through and it really is completely compelling.

I’m amazed how much access the production company got, and at the truly exceptional construction and production values of each episode.

I genuinely don’t think it matters whether you are an F1 fan or not, this is brilliant television (once again) from Netflix.

I am also certain this has greatly rekindled my interest in Formula One. Probably because the people behind the scenes are just as interesting as the drivers.
    Definitely I’d kind of dismissed it because the top 2 teams weren’t in it but think it was better for it. Got to see a lot more of the smaller teams and Guenther was very entertaining and brutal :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    63 up is back next week. Tuesday 4th June on ITV. For those that haven’t seen it, it’s a documentary that has been filming the ongoing lives of some selected children which they update every seven years. 7 up, 14 up, 21 up, you get the idea. They have filmed kids from working, middle and upper class families. Very interesting to see how things have turned out for them.
    Thanks for that, I didn't know it was back. Been a very interesting experiment.

Thanks for the heads up.

Very sobering indeed that they are now 63 years old. It will make compelling viewing, I’m sure.

Blog Entries
    Years and Years is a strange but very compelling story, I rather like it.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

We’re watching What If on Netflix at the moment. It’s been good so far but you do need to bare with it because it takes a while to get going.

Dead To Me on Netflix. Christina Applegate turns in a faultless performance - a truly brilliant comedy actress.

Master
    For those that are interested the Deadwood movie is on Sky Atlantic. Haven’t watched it yet but the reviews suggest it is really good.

Have Deadwood all ready to go, seems well received so far which is pleasing.

Been watching Black Monday on Sky Atlantic, very funny. "nobody knows what caused black monday....till now" Think of a mix of trading places and Wolf of wolf street.

trailer.... lots or swearing, I mean lots Don't play this if your nan is nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    For those that are interested the Deadwood movie is on Sky Atlantic. Haven’t watched it yet but the reviews suggest it is really good.

Deadwood has been on my list for a while and have only just realised it’s downloadable on SkyGo so that’s now queued. However, can you watch the deadwood movie in isolation or should I watch the series’ first? (I travel a lot so a lot of good binge watching time )

series first, too much goes on that you might have spoilt by the film to start at the end.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Deadwood has been on my list for a while and have only just realised it’s downloadable on SkyGo so that’s now queued. However, can you watch the deadwood movie in isolation or should I watch the series’ first? (I travel a lot so a lot of good binge watching time )
    Definitely series first, absolutely superb show! Only criticism is that it finished/was cancelled abruptly, hoping the movie will help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Definitely series first. I have only got to watch about 20mins of the movie so far. It’s not light on flashbacks or exposition!
    Last edited by Matt London; 2nd June 2019 at 16:10. Reason: Two for to ��

I'm very much enjoying the current offering from Shane Meadows on C4 - The Virtues.

It's probably true to say that I'm enjoying the streaming experience from C4 rather less.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Ive just knocked off season 2 of Cobra Kai on YouTube. It's cringeworthy at times (the less than subtle references to the original karate kid) but still great fun.

For anyone not subscribed to YouTube premium (their Netflix style advert free subscription service) it's worth noting that at the end of August they are releasing both season 1 and 2 for free. Both on for a limited time only so stick it in the diary. ;)

I'm enjoying season 4 of Lucifer on Netflix

series first, too much goes on that you might have spoilt by the film to start at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Definitely series first, absolutely superb show! Only criticism is that it finished/was cancelled abruptly, hoping the movie will help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt London View Post
    Definitely series first. I have only got two watch about 20mins of the movie so far. It’s not light on flashbacks or exposition!
    Thanks gents, will delete the movie download until the series’ are watched.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    We’re watching What If on Netflix at the moment. It’s been good so far but you do need to bare with it because it takes a while to get going.

+1..a bit slow but worth the watch..

Damages on C4 is another one..

Apprentice
    Formula One: Drive to Survive on Netflix is absolutely brilliant - completely unexpectedly so.

I have lost interest in F1 over the years, so just tried this out with low expectations. It's absolutley compelling, riveting stuff. The access they had to the trams is astonishing, and the drama and politics of F1 are fascinating.

Frankly, you don't need to be an F1 fan (I haven't been, but might be again after this), to be hooked.

Anyone else discovered this gem?
    Its really helped me get back in to it.

All the drivers have their PR assistant holding a mic in their face to make sure they don't say anything stupid - none of their personalities show any more!

Good Omens on Netflix is excellent, if Gaiman / Pratchett is your sort of thing.

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Been watching Delhi Crime on Netflix and boy is it an eye opener. The crime had a lot of details reported about it and this series follows the investigation from a police and political point of view. Some of the policing when compared to what I see on tv for both the uk and the USA certainly brings to the front what they were and are up against.

Limited time release mini series ‘When they see us’ on Netflix. About the Central Park 5.

A fantastic series that makes you angry too. Watched all of it yesterday. Some brilliant acting portrayals in it.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Limited time release mini series ‘When they see us’ on Netflix. About the Central Park 5.

A fantastic series that makes you angry too. Watched all of it yesterday. Some brilliant acting portrayals in it.
    Halfway through this. Completely agree.

Blog Entries
    When they see us - on Netflix. Very powerful stuff and quite unbelievable...

Anyone watching Chernobyl should also listen to the accompanying podcast, which is essentially a series of conversations with the writer. There’s one per episode, and they shed a lot of light on the production and the history. It adds an awful lot, and will make you even more amazed by the show.

Master
    ^ excellent, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Good Omens on Netflix is excellent, if Gaiman / Pratchett is your sort of thing.
    I'm generally not into Pratchett but enjoyed Good Omens very much. It is fun to play a game of spot the cameo performance...including voices. I gather it will be coming to BBC TV sooner or later.
    Last edited by PickleB; 3rd June 2019 at 22:58. Reason: correct spelling of Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I'm generally not into Prathett but enjoyed Good Omens very much. It is fun to play a game of spot the cameo performance...including voices. I gather it will be coming to BBC TV sooner or later.
    I watched Ep1 this evening and was distinctly underwhelmed. Nothing happened, it really didn't.

Apprentice
    The Sopranos

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I watched Ep1 this evening and was distinctly underwhelmed. Nothing happened, it really didn't.
    Sorry it didn't come up to your expectations. I'll agree that it's not exactly thrilling, but I did find it intriguing and I was amused.

I'm currently watching The Good Cop on Netflix. It's been around for a while but I've only just got around to trying it. It's created and written by the guy that also created Monk, so it's kind of humorous, light-hearted stuff.

It's about a straight-laced, honest cop (Josh Groban, the singer) who lives with his Dad who is a disgraced, ex-con, dirty cop (Tony Danza).

It's very easy watching and charming but don't expect high drama! Chances are though, if you enjoyed Monk you'll like this.

EDIT : Just found out this was cancelled after the first season, very disappointing!
    Last edited by thefatboy; 11th June 2019 at 09:51.

Just finished Ozark last night, bloody brilliant

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    This was a very good show. Excellently done.

Just finished Chernobyl last night.

Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    really enjoyed the first season but struggled with 2nd? will need to give it a go again.

currently on episode 4 of Happy on netflix, bizzarly entertaining and for some reason reminds me of the umbrella group series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7OYkSgmM-w

Quote Originally Posted by deerworrier View Post
    currently on episode 4 of Happy on netflix, bizzarly entertaining and for some reason reminds me of the umbrella group series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7OYkSgmM-w
    I enjoyed it, though it was turbo bizzare in places.

It has a 'Crank' theme to it.

Blog Entries
    In conjunction with When They See Us (see post #2178 above), we're also watch Sneaky Pete - loved S1 and just started S2.

Blog Entries
    The Get Down… Netflix - into Kool Herc and grandmaster flash? This is for you! I’m enjoying it

Baz Loehman directs

One more episode to complete S3 of the last Kingdom - A more realistic GOT (if you’ve got withdrawal symptoms!

Chernobyl next on the hit list

Quote Originally Posted by halfpasttwothirty View Post
    I enjoyed it, though it was turbo bizzare in places.

It has a 'Crank' theme to it.
    Happy was superb and I've just had the Netflix email to say season 2 is out.

Owl1
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I thought so too , season 3 shouldn't be too far away .

Blog Entries
    Summer of Rockets is developing quite nicely, really like that.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    Just finished season 1 of hell on wheels on amazon prime. A westeren, surprisingly good too.

Disappointed to read amazon prime have withheld season 4 of animal kingdom from the uk.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by shahzehb View Post
    The Sopranos
    We just finished the entire series this winter. We watched it live weekly in the 90's. Since then, I spend 15 years working in all the areas where the episode was shot. One scene (S5?) was short in front of a NJ Turnpike Travel Plaza where I had a restaurant (Roy Rogers) and Chris is eating a sandwich. It was interesting to see some famiiar NJ places (like the Bada Bing, etc.) There were a few story lines that I'd completely forgotten about. The Saints of Newark, a Sopranos prequel is coming out later this year, looking forward to seeing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Just finished season 1 of hell on wheels on amazon prime. A westeren, surprisingly good too.

Disappointed to read amazon prime have withheld season 4 of animal kingdom from the uk.
    Hell on Wheels was a favorite, great all the way to the finale

S4 of Animal Kingdom looks very good so far (two episodes in).

Master
    Not new but I've just watched band of brothers again.

Simply the best TV I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Not new but I've just watched band of brothers again.

Simply the best TV I've ever seen.

Craftsman
    Watching all of Stargate on Prime US - my favourite scifi show.

Catch 22 looks like it could be promising.

I'll say brooklyn nine nine, taskmaster, man down are all excellent

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Master
    Series 5 of Black Mirror is excellent as usual (if not a little short....)