closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 5442

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a new animated anthology series on Netflix called "Love, Death + Robots".

It's basically eighteen animated tales ranging from about eight minutes to just under twenty and obviously with a sci-fi theme.

The animation styles vary as do the plots and tones but they are all adult in theme, containing adult language, violence and a bit of sauciness in places!

The standard of animation is excellent, there's one character in the segment "Beyond The Aquila Rift" called Greta (trust me, you'll remember her if you've watched it) who has the most realistic facial animation I've ever seen, I'm still not convinced it wasn't a real person in the close-ups, I was watching on a phone screen though to be fair, but still amazing!

I've only watched the first five or so, so far, but definitely recommended!
    Last edited by thefatboy; 20th March 2019 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a new animated anthology series on Netflix called "Love, Death + Robots".

It's basically eighteen animated tales ranging from about eight minutes to just under twenty and obviously with a sci-fi theme.

The animation styles vary as do the plots and tones but they are all adult in theme, containing adult language, violence and a bit of sauciness in places!

The standard of animation is excellent, there's one character in the segment "Beyond The Aquila Rift" called Greta (trust me, you'll remember her if you've watched it) who has the most realistic facial animation I've ever seen, I'm still not convinced it wasn't a real person in the close-ups, I was watching on a phone screen though to be fair, but still amazing!

I've only watched the first five or so, so far, but definitely recommended!
    I've just watched that episode. Pretty good. Not photo-realistic, but pretty close. I couldn't help feeling that the Thom character was a blend of Gerard Butler and Hugh Jackman.

Quote Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
    Shetland. And Baptist. Hooked !
    Yes very good,and line of duty is starting again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    but at the end of the day the team with the most money wins :-(
    Like football, cycling and probably many other team sports too.

I really enjoyed the first series of American Gods, but I’ve just watched the first episode of S2 and couldn’t get into it at all, visually amazing but too weird even for me.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Apprentice
    Altered Carbon on Netflix is good, only just got Netflix so going through and catching up.

Also enjoyed Lost in Space.

Master
    About half way through Titans on Netflix. Really enjoying it so far, very very dark and violent, strong characters with interesting back stories and well put together.

I did not think I would like it, but Das Boot is superb. Not very accurate (a bit Hollywood) but very entertaining

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    Second series of 'White Gold' now on iPlayer.
    Nice one! The 1st series was laugh out loud funny.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Nice one! The 1st series was laugh out loud funny.
    I really enjoyed the first season, thought the second was really poor sadly....

Craftsman
    Not new, but my missus and I started watching Broadchruch during the week. We’re about half way through S1 and it’s gripping. Can’t wait to finish it.

We’ve also started watching a new Hulu show called PEN15. It’s absolutely hilarious.

I think Doom Patrol's pretty good, not quite your regular super hero ensemble.

Craftsman
    Just started watching American Odyssey. Anna Friel plays a very good role, didn't realise how talented she is

Master
    Currently watching Baptiste which I am enjoying.

I'm also a big fan of Scanda/French Noir and most things recommended by Walter Presents.

scooter

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Just started watching American Odyssey. Anna Friel plays a very good role, didn't realise how talented she is
    We really enjoyed this and were surprised when it wasn't renewed for another season.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    All she seems to play these days is miserable with mild mental illness. Is this different? I

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Currently watching Baptiste which I am enjoying.

I'm also a big fan of Scanda/French Noir and most things recommended by Walter Presents.

scooter
    Another huge fan of the Walter Presents programmes about to start Grey Zone but Baptiste did not do it for me i also like my Italian stuff just watched season 2 of Suburra on netflix and the new season of Gomorrah i believe is back at the end of the month.
    Das Boot and True Detective are in recordings waiting so hope that TD 3 is better than season 2 which was IMO awful.
    Last edited by mart broad; 24th March 2019 at 11:07.

Line of duty new series starts next week. Well worth catching up on the previous series before it starts for anyone who hasn't seen them.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    A very English scandal. Thoroughly enjoyed.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

Watched all 3 episodes of "The House of Extraordinary People" on 5 on Demand last night, very moving at times.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I think Doom Patrol's pretty good, not quite your regular super hero ensemble.
    Agreed, and not as dark as Titans despite the linkage. The final Titans is very very dark .

My wife and i are currently enjoying the Good Doctor.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Journeyman

Gripping but daft...

Fortitude..... On Sky Atlantic 3 series to watch.

Journeyman

James Nesbit

Lucky Man... again on Sky...3 series, surprisingly good and well shot around London...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Fleabag 2
    I've only just caught up with this whilst on a business trip. I find the whole thing to be very sharp and the inversion of the 4th wall conceit in the last episode is very cleverly done.

We're also in the middle of Baptiste.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Just watched Ricky Gervais's After Life. Absolutely stunning bit of work! I was crying with laughter one minute and tears of sadness the next.

What a deep and intelligent guy he is.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Culminator View Post
    Just watched Ricky Gervais's After Life. Absolutely stunning bit of work! I was crying with laughter one minute and tears of sadness the next.

Ricky Gervais is Genius...

Journeyman
    If anyone has amazon prime do yourself a favour and watch the Americans. I'm jealous of anyone who gets to watch it fresh from the start. One of the best shows on tv.

I'll not spoil it but it follows a family of russian spies living in the states undercover during the cold war.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-tv-best-drama

Blog Entries
    Just finished watching the first series of Knightfall on Netflix about the Knights Templar - very enjoyable. Evidently the second series aired in the US on Monday but we're not due to receive it here for a while yet.

Grand Master

Amazing talent and such a fantastic program. Nothing that can evoke such sadness and laughter in parallel
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Just finished watching the first series of Knightfall on Netflix about the Knights Templar - very enjoyable. Evidently the second series aired in the US on Monday but we're not due to receive it here for a while yet.
    Oooh, now that does sound interesting, got a thing about Knights Templar.

Just started "The Hundred Code" with Michael Nyqvist. A superb actor taken too soon.

Eddie

Had a few days off sick and used them to catch up/remind myslef of what happened in the previous 2 series of Line of Duty.

I'd forgotten how brilliant this programme is, it's a great web of intrigue and being British makes it even more special, in my view.

Strangely, I just couldn't connect with Bodyguard, despite it being the same writer, just found it too unbelievable and the led actor way to 'Hammy'

The new seres of Line of Duty starts soon, can't wait

John

Enjoying cartoon "Final Space" for a bit of light relief

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’ve been enjoying The Good Doctor - very easy watching show

Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    I’ve been enjoying The Good Doctor - very easy watching show
    He got on my nerves after a few episodes.

Eddie

Started watching ‘The OA’ last night first episode.
    Shows promise, bit stranger things like.. looks good so far!

I've never been a huge fan of Ricky Gervais but I agree, this is brilliant.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've never been a huge fan of Ricky Gervais but I agree, this is brilliant.

Eddie
    Absolutely loved life after death, but concerned that he's signed up for a series two? I hope he won't spoil it?

Just started 'Project Blue Book' it could be good?

Maybe it goes without saying, but Line of Duty is -in my opinion- the very best thing on TV at the moment and the best thing is that's it's British made.

The last four series have been compelling watching for us and the first episode of series 5 last night really got it off to a great start.

if you haven't seen the previous series, I really can't recommend them highly enough. Just don't expect to get anything else done once you start watching them!

John

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Just started 'Project Blue Book' it could be good?
    I rather enjoyed it.

Eddie

Being watching Love, Death + Robots. Brilliant. All different types of animation styles including Manga/Hentai, but if you don't like the idea, just check out Ep3 The Robots - very very funny.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Maybe it goes without saying, but Line of Duty is -in my opinion- the very best thing on TV at the moment and the best thing is that's it's British made.

The last four series have been compelling watching for us and the first episode of series 5 last night really got it off to a great start.

if you haven't seen the previous series, I really can't recommend them highly enough. Just don't expect to get anything else done once you start watching them!

John
    Totally agree, I've only just discovered this show via Netflix and over the last week I caught up on the first 3 seasons and 1 episode into season 4, it is simply superb with great acting by all cast members with some great twists throughout...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Being watching Love, Death + Robots. Brilliant. All different types of animation styles including Manga/Hentai, but if you don't like the idea, just check out Ep3 The Robots - very very funny.
    Ep3 was certainly the best. Shorts are good but always a bit frustrating when there's a good one and you want more.

Master
    Binge-watched the whole of Hanna (Prime) in one go last night.

Leave No Trace meets Jason Bourne meets Stranger Things meets Hit-Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Binge-watched the whole of Hanna (Prime) in one go last night.

Leave No Trace meets Jason Bourne meets Stranger Things meets Hit-Girl.
    I just watched the film (also on Prime) and it was a lot better than I was expecting based on having seen trailers etc., when it came out. Partly because Hanna was actually believable as a bit of a wiry, half-feral girl capable of fighting multiple, much larger men - with or without the genetic enhancement angle. It largely avoids the post-Buffy cliche unbelievability of the likes of Dark Angel, which has a nearly identical premise.

The other girl character was unexpected brilliant too. The way she delivers lines like "I could totally be a lesbian, but not one of those ugly ones and we would just hold hands and I'd probably marry a man" is hilarious.

Looking forward to the series now and I hope the casting is as good as the film.

Probably been said already, but we are watching CHEAT on ITV catch up, and it's brilliant. It's only a 4 parter so can be done in two nights.

Didn't realize that Midsomer Mysteries was written/adapted by Anthony Horowitz of Foyle's War, which I loved. Watched the premiere episode from 1997 last night, rather liked it.

The OA

Watched the first season of “the OA”, enjoyed it, different, dark, unique, lots of twists and turns, gets you thinking.
    Just started the second season, already enjoying it, although it’s started to enter into the realms of “bizarre” which is interesting! Got me hooked. Makes a change from the usual regurgitated garbage on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Didn't realize that Midsomer Mysteries was written/adapted by Anthony Horowitz of Foyle's War, which I loved. Watched the premiere episode from 1997 last night, rather liked it.
    I've always enjoyed it.

Good stories and nice home counties scenery.
    Cheers,
    Neil.