closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 74 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,700 of 5469

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

You Don't Know Me - only a 4-part drama but outstanding television.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    going on the recommendations here ive been catching up on all the yellowstone seasons and am now up to date 4/5 - cracking series and not something i would usually think to take a look at.
    Told ya mate. Epic series. If you went of the synopsis you probably wouldn’t watch it right. One of the best things on TV easily. I know I keep saying it but Beth is outstanding. So many great actors in this show to be fair.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Back in post #5872854, forum member ENES kindly offered to loan me his Bluray copy of Yellowstone Season 3. True to his word he sent me the discs, which I have now finished watching (it's a great season, maintaining the high quality of the first two).

At ENES's request, rather than returning the discs to him he's asked that I offer them to anyone who would to watch them next. It's a great gesture, and I'll happily post the discs on if someone would like to watch them. Just PM me your details and I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

Thanks again to ENES for starting the ball rolling.
    Just a bump for this, if anyone would like to see Yellowstone season 3 on Blu-ray just PM your details.

Just finished the new season of Hannah on Prime, very watchable.
    Would also thoroughly recommend Dopesick - outstanding TV

I watched Valley of Tears about the Yom Kippur war pretty much in a single splurge. Some really strong parts, some other story lines less so. Good, worth watching.

All4 - the frequency, length and quality of the commercial breaks really makes hour long episodes hard to watch. C4 generally has gone to the dogs, awful these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Told ya mate. Epic series. If you went of the synopsis you probably wouldn’t watch it right. One of the best things on TV easily. I know I keep saying it but Beth is outstanding. So many great actors in this show to be fair.
    only thing mildy irritating for me is the character jamie dutton (wes bently) - i would be happy if rip buried him in a hole somewhere :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You Don't Know Me - only a 4-part drama but outstanding television.
    And I second that. Cracking series. Couldn't wait for it to be shown live so watched all on i-Player.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    And I second that. Cracking series. Couldn't wait for it to be shown live so watched all on i-Player.
    Yeh I finished this last night- good

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Goliath on Amazon Prime.

Billy-Bob Thornton as a disgraced attorney who takes on a case to get back at the company he was a partner in.

Just watched the first series, looking forward to starting the next tonight!

Currently watching Season 3 of Titans on Netflix. If you enjoyed the first 2 this is just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Goliath on Amazon Prime.

Billy-Bob Thornton as a disgraced attorney who takes on a case to get back at the company he was a partner in.

Just watched the first series, looking forward to starting the next tonight!
    Very good series. 2nd is a little weird at times...3rd is back on track.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Nearly finished Landscapers, the actual storytelling is a little odd but wow, Olivia Colman is a fantastic actress. One of the greatest we've ever had.

SHOWTRIAL

Excellent BBC murder/legal drama in 5 hours; hooked me pretty quickly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...wdp8/showtrial

dopesick - 8/10 - great series and cast , about the opiod crisis in the U.S specifically around oxycontin.

Master
    Open All Hours

On Gold, series 1 from 1976. Classic Ronnie Barker.

The art of the double entendre has been lost forever it seems, but this was a high point...

Master
    Surprisingly Hawkeye on Disney turns out to be one of the better Marvel spin offs, based on the first few episodes. Crucially, he’s introduced as more of a mentor than a main character, giving him a washed up, grumpy, slightly Bill Murray vibe. ‘You have a branding problem’, his new sidekick observes, a knowing nod to his minor league superhero status. But they’ve figured out how to work with that, also by setting it in New York at Christmas, full of lush sparkling photography, making for easy festive comfort food.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Surprisingly Hawkeye on Disney turns out to be one of the better Marvel spin offs, based on the first few episodes. Crucially, he’s introduced as more of a mentor than a main character, giving him a washed up, grumpy, slightly Bill Murray vibe. ‘You have a branding problem’, his new sidekick observes, a knowing nod to his minor league superhero status. But they’ve figured out how to work with that, also by setting it in New York at Christmas, full of lush sparkling photography, making for easy festive comfort food.
    I've been enjoying this as well.

Trying to get back into The Expanse as it was my commuting fodder before all that dries up almost 2 years ago.

Also really enjoyng Hawkeye... it has a bit of that Diehard/Christmassy vibe going for it certainly...plus Clint not having any actual superpowers makes it all a bit more real maybe.

Master
    Another nod to Hawkeye, great series.

As a family we've just binge watched the new Monsters Inc series on Disney as well, really good, and all the better for having the proper voice actors for the original characters too, the TV shows can sometimes cheap-out there.

Struggling for other new stuff. Tried that Hellbound on NetFlix which started OK but I found it a bit of a yawn fest a couple of episodes in.

Chucky is worth a watch. I've never been into the movies (I've probably seen most of them in bits and pieces while channel hopping) but actually the series is good, laughs and gore in equal measure.

The new Dexter series is fantastic! It started with a bang, drifted a bit, but is now in full swing! Only 4 episodes left and I find myself urging Mondays to come a bit quicker.

Tomorrow is the new series of The Witcher. For some reason they are putting all 8 episodes on together, I'll have to be careful to space those out a bit and not binge it all this weekend.
    Next week is The Book of Boba Fett too, we're being spoiled.

The Outer Limits.

Not being shown until IIRC 7th January on Talking Pictures TV.

A series fondly remembered from the '60's, rather like The Twilight zone but a bit more Sci Fi.

I'm looking forward to it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Mr Inbetween on Disney +, Aussie black comedy about a hitman and balancing personal and crime lives.

Three seasons of 25min episodes apart from the killing people bit he’s a character I warmed too

The Expanse Season 6 is back on Amazon. The best Space Sci Fi series ever in my eyes, the books are even better!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Another nod to Hawkeye, great series.

As a family we've just binge watched the new Monsters Inc series on Disney as well, really good, and all the better for having the proper voice actors for the original characters too, the TV shows can sometimes cheap-out there.

Struggling for other new stuff. Tried that Hellbound on NetFlix which started OK but I found it a bit of a yawn fest a couple of episodes in.

Chucky is worth a watch. I've never been into the movies (I've probably seen most of them in bits and pieces while channel hopping) but actually the series is good, laughs and gore in equal measure.

The new Dexter series is fantastic! It started with a bang, drifted a bit, but is now in full swing! Only 4 episodes left and I find myself urging Mondays to come a bit quicker.

Tomorrow is the new series of The Witcher. For some reason they are putting all 8 episodes on together, I'll have to be careful to space those out a bit and not binge it all this weekend.
    Yes to The Witcher, just re watched S1 in preparation!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    The Expanse Season 6 is back on Amazon. The best Space Sci Fi series ever in my eyes, the books are even better!
    Love sci fi and have tried to get into this a few times (had many recommendations!) but really struggled. I take it’s worth sticking with?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Mr Inbetween on Disney +, Aussie black comedy about a hitman and balancing personal and crime lives.

Three seasons of 25min episodes apart from the killing people bit he’s a character I warmed too
    Didnt realise this was on Disney. One of the best things I have watched this year, love the way things get very slowly revealed about him over time. Just spectacularly good !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

I’ve just watched all of the Witcher series 1 again this week, which is the 3rd time, very rare I watch anything twice let alone three times. Amazing how much you pick up each time. Very much like GOT, where you miss out so much 1st time around. Shame they are showing them all straight away as I won’t be able to help myself!

Gomorrah starts again Saturday - plus there’s a documentary about it beforehand.

Probably been said a lot is Succession is fantastic. Can't stop watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Isn’t it just! Loved this latest series.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    You can't make a Tomlette without breaking some Greggs!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I watch every new episode at least 2 times, that is how much I love it! The recent season finale was top-class.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Not exactly a series but if you have Disney then watch ‘The Rescue’. The documentary about the rescue of the 13 Thai boys trapped in the cars a few years ago.

Talk about Heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    SHOWTRIAL

Excellent BBC murder/legal drama in 5 hours; hooked me pretty quickly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...wdp8/showtrial

Thanks for the recommendation, just finished this and it was a cracker of a series.

just finished the second series of the witcher , better than the first series 9/10 -would not be surprised at all if this develops the same sort of following as games of thrones.

Master
    just finished the second series of the witcher , better than the first series 9/10 -would not be surprised at all if this develops the same sort of following as games of thrones.
    It already has, mostly in Eastern Europe.
    I had my ass handed to me when I told someone it had developed off the back of a video game franchise... I had no idea the novels went back almost 30 years!

I'm 2 episodes in and trying to be good and space them out. Fantastic so far though, I wish I'd gone back to rewatch S1 before S2.

Really quite enjoying Hawkeye on Disney + , more than I thought I would.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Not watched it yet, but season 5 of Gomorrah is on Sky Atlantic now.
    Last edited by andy tims; 20th December 2021 at 08:39.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

watching the Witcher now, its good but feel 8 episodes is way to short. I have a few more to watch and it feels like its just getting going, what happened to a good old fashioned 25+ episode series!

Hawkeye is decent viewing.

The wheel of time is ok, but again is very short, I believe the finale is this week.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Love sci fi and have tried to get into this a few times (had many recommendations!) but really struggled. I take it’s worth sticking with?

Definitely, try the books as well they’re amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Looking for a series to watch either on catch-up, SkyMax or Netflix. Something along the lines of 24 would be good, any ideas out there? (not Strike Back!)
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post

Brutally wonderful TV.

And the most quotable script for anything on TV/cinema right now.

Master

Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    watching the Witcher now, its good but feel 8 episodes is way to short. I have a few more to watch and it feels like its just getting going, what happened to a good old fashioned 25+ episode series!

Hawkeye is decent viewing.

The wheel of time is ok, but again is very short, I believe the finale is this week.
    Very curious, do any home devices activate every time the name Ciri is mentioned?
    Last edited by joe narvey; 29th December 2021 at 07:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Not watched it yet, but season 5 of Gomorrah is on Sky Atlantic now.
    Gomorrah is a great series.
    I have always previously avoiding watching anything with subtitles, but this has me hooked.
    Started watching last week & now on series 2, subtitles not an issue for me anymore!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Looking for a series to watch either on catch-up, SkyMax or Netflix. Something along the lines of 24 would be good, any ideas out there? (not Strike Back!)
    Condor, on Sky
    Amazon's Jack Ryan
    The Girl from Oslo on Netflix is watchable. Danish lass kidnapped by ISIS.

I second, or third, recommendations for Gommorah. Streets ahead of anything I've seen in years, barring Succession.

Blog Entries
    If you're looking for something light hearted and funny, I can recommend "Ghosts" on BBC iPlayer. It's created by and stars the "Horrible Histories" team.

I think there are 3 series, each with 6 episodes.

Craftsman
    Prime.
    Wheel of time.
    Very good, first series, 8 episodes.
    Worth a go. Looking forward to any follow ups.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Master
    1883, prequel to Yellowstone. Proper old school cowboy show starring Sam Elliott, what’s not to like!! 3 episodes in and loving it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    1883, prequel to Yellowstone. Proper old school cowboy show starring Sam Elliott, what’s not to like!! 3 episodes in and loving it so far.

How are you viewing this please? Google suggests Paramount+ but I don't think that's available yet in the UK.
    Last edited by andy tims; 31st December 2021 at 18:39.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

We've finished Gomorrah Season 5 now.

Pretty good, except the very end was disappointing.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

dopesick - 8/10 - great series and cast , about the opiod crisis in the U.S specifically around oxycontin.
    Would second this, probably the best new series I've seen in a while. Very relevant with everyone currently putting their trust in big pharma right now too.

Master
    Around the world in 80 days.