closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Thanks for all of the suggestions

I've just started The Tunnel (good so far) and will try Billions, Boch and a few others

Great resource this forum, thanks again

Just started on 'Californication' with David Ducovney, not new but it's pretty funny so far, plenty of norks too.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Lucifer
    Fear the Walking Dead

I'm currently watching Daredevil and enjoying it. I tend to watch it when I have some time on my own, I couldn't see Mrs Ticker liking it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Peaky Blinders

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Thanks for all of the suggestions

I've just started The Tunnel (good so far) and will try Billions, Boch and a few others

Great resource this forum, thanks again

Is that one a 'copy' of the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Is that one a 'copy' of the bridge?

Yes it is.

Craftsman
    Mr Robot

Transparent

Ray Donovan

Master
    Another one Mrs Bond and I like is Blue Bloods

Journeyman
    just started watching Mad Dogs on Amazon, very good so far (3 eps in)

Read about a couple of worthy TV Series recently, so acquired them, and planning on watching them soon.

Residue
    Doctor Foster

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Just started on 'Californication' with David Ducovney, not new but it's pretty funny so far, plenty of norks too.
    Talking of him, Aquarius season 2 starts in June.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3768572/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I've just spent the last few weeks watching all the series - very easy light hearted watching and Charlie Runckle becomes more hilarious every series. Highly recommend if you're not looking for anything heavy and in depth :-)

The Bridge, series 1, 2 & 3

I know I'm a million miles behind but I watched season one of Luther last week, and have now started season two.

He's one messed up but brilliant copper! Idris Elba is excellent in it.

I've just started watching an old TV series, "The Sopranos".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I've just watched the last episode of Line of Duty. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Well worth a watch.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I've just watched the last episode of Line of Duty. Thought it was absolutely brilliant. Well worth a watch.
    yes indeed, caught series 1 and 2 on Netflix, and recorded this series, just watched the season finale the other night, wow just wow.

It depends what you want: if you want something entertaining but not too taxing then I enjoyed "The Mentalist" and also "Bones". Struggling a bit with "Blindspot" but really enjoyed an old series (just 2 seasons of 4 episodes) with Ray Winstone and Suranne Jones - "Vincent".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Just finished all 5 seasons of suits. Very very good - intelligent, sharp witty with good writing and some eye candy

Journeyman
    White collar is very entertaining too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    Just finished all 5 seasons of suits. Very very good - intelligent, sharp witty with good writing and some eye candy
    Oh yes! Rachel and Donna!
    As they said back in the day...
    "SHA-WING"

Elementary, Limitless and Better Call Saul are my current favourites.

Blindspot and Quantico are decent

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

have to say when you binge watch it it is all very similar .....knock at door followed by "we got a problem", but enjoyable non the less

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    best thing I've watched for ages ..... brilliant script & acting

[QUOTE=dandanthewatchman;3957009]loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

have to say when you binge watch it it is all very similar .....knock at door followed by "we got a problem", but enjoyable non the less

Yes agree - but it makes you want to secretly be Harvey Spectre and to have a secretary like Donna the more of them you binge on

Blog Entries
    Line of duty was great.....but, that shot at a moving range rover, 5.56 slug, head shot! come on.

Master
    [QUOTE=maxwellwd;3957038]
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    loved Suits, and in love with Rachel !!

Yes agree - but it makes you want to secretly be Harvey Spectre and to have a secretary like Donna the more of them you binge on

Secretly?

Master
    The wife and I have just started watching The Wire. Nearly binned it after the first episode, I thought it was shite and couldn't understand half the stuff they were saying. However, we are about 8 episodes in now, and with the subtitles switched on, I'm really getting into it.

Now, normally, subtitles would be a big turn-off for me, but before The Wire, we watched the back catalogue of Gomorrah. I haven't seen anyone recommend it on this thread but my wife and I thought it was superb. Think modern day Sopranos but much faster moving, graphic, violent and close to the bone. It's an Italian programme (hence the subtitles, which you soon get used to), so none of the American bullshit. A definite watch in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    The wife and I have just started watching The Wire. Nearly binned it after the first episode, I thought it was shite and couldn't understand half the stuff they were saying. However, we are about 8 episodes in now, and with the subtitles switched on, I'm really getting into it.
    Almost everyone has the same experience with The Wire, I think. There must be so many people who never did make it past the first episode.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Almost everyone has the same experience with The Wire, I think. There must be so many people who never did make it past the first episode.
    Whenever I lend it out on dvd I always say give it a chance. I watched the first two and gave up for about a year, only when I was off sick from work did I try again. A masterpiece. I think Charlie Brooker said it "there are those who think The Wire is the best thing on TV and those who haven't seen it"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob N View Post
    Mr Robot
    Thanks for this one! On Ep4 and hooked so far...

Now, normally, subtitles would be a big turn-off for me, but before The Wire, we watched the back catalogue of Gomorrah. I haven't seen anyone recommend it on this thread but my wife and I thought it was superb. Think modern day Sopranos but much faster moving, graphic, violent and close to the bone. It's an Italian programme (hence the subtitles, which you soon get used to), so none of the American bullshit. A definite watch in my book.
    I loved The Wire, couldn't believe that Stringer Bell and McNulty were English - the latter an old-Etonian no less. Omar has got to be one of the best TV characters ever created.

If you are getting into putting up with sub-titles, then French series Braquo is well worth a watch - series 1 at least, series 2 is pretty merdique. It stars Jean-Hugues Anglade (the fella wot shagged Betty Blue) and is written by a French ex-cop from Lyons, who is writing some of the best police film and TV screenplays today.

Just finished Better Call Saul season 2 – watchable but I’m just not enjoying it the same way I did with Breaking Bad.

Might start on The Americans S4 next or Gomorrah S2. It’s still a few months away but Ray Donovan season 4 is due to start in July I think so will probably tune into that when it starts.

I was always a big fan of Eastbound and Down so will be keen to see if the new series from those guys ‘Vice Principals’ will be anywhere as good as Eastbound when it starts in July - I have my doubts but will give it a shot anyway.

The wire is well worth the effort, probably my favourite TV show of all time.

Totally agree with SimonK, Braquo is very good and worth checking out but as he says season 1 is the high point, the other seasons just weren't as good which was a shame.

Journeyman
    as said lillyhammer is good as is marco polo and suits . another good one is "The news room" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1870479/
    Last edited by Fianoglach; 5th May 2016 at 21:49.

Master
    I don't understand how anyoen except the retired and students have the time to watch so many series, we're 2/3rds through Walking Dead, uptodate on GoT almost finished Breaking Bad, but stioll have West Wing, Sopranos to watch but they're releaseing so much good long form TV now where do I find the time?

Master
    That's the beauty of on demand services. You watch them in your own time!

We've just started to watch Mad Men on Amazon prime video, only to have an email to say it's being removed at the end of the month. Good job we're loving it so far as we will have to get a mover on.

Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    We've just started to watch Mad Men on Amazon prime video, only to have an email to say it's being removed at the end of the month. Good job we're loving it so far as we will have to get a mover on.
    You'll have a job to get through seven seasons before the end of the month. Luckily, there are always other ways to obtain it...

Just realised it's on sky boxsets, slight 1st world panic over.

You won't need subtitles after season 1 as it switches the theme more predominantly to the "polak" as they say dock yards... The Baltimore street gangs feature in between but by the end of S1 you're going to be more used to the slang by then and won't really need them ...

Just don't watch past S4, which along with 1 is the best. But 4 is superb................ 5..... Well I'm not going there but it jumped the shark that's for sure.....

By the way Dominic west is good in the Affair too... American again and a neat plot device showing the viewpoint each half of episodes from the 2 main characters of that episode...

Just finished season 1 of Mad Dogs, it was ok, to good, but appeared that many scenes were stopgaps.

Completed three seasons of Shetland, very good drama.

Master
    Anyone else watching Jack Irish on Fox?......it's getting really gritty..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Anyone else watching Jack Irish on Fox?......it's getting really gritty..
    Yup, I'm up to date with that now, great series the latest one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Yup, I'm up to date with that now, great series the latest one.
    Yep... I can't wait to see what the next twist will be..

Season 3 of Penny Dreadful has just started. Tiptop entertainment and Mlle. Eva Green, oo-er missus, one of them birds wot just gets better with age.

Craftsman
    Just downloaded season 1 of Sopranos so hoping for good things there.

The Wire was brilliant but you need to invest a bit of time to get into it.

Gonna give The Night Manager a try also.

Quote Originally Posted by leiper View Post
    Just downloaded season 1 of Sopranos so hoping for good things there.

The Wire was brilliant but you need to invest a bit of time to get into it.

Gonna give The Night Manager a try also.
    We're just finishing season 4 of The Sopranos, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Eddie

Billions is very good. Don't expect lots of action but good story, good characters and great acting.
    Full series currently on box sets

Craftsman
    Orange is the new black, on Netflix is worth a watch :-)