closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 5446

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Not new but watched Toast of London recently on Netflix. Really funny.
    Last edited by Tony-GB; 22nd September 2017 at 22:07.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Really, if you go in with low expectations, it's okay. It's not in the same league as Breaking Bad though. Anyone who expects that is likely going to be disappointed with how predictable and cliché-ridden it is. Could not be a starker contrast with BB.

It really is a run-of-the-mill American cardboard cutout soap opera masquerading as a gritty drama, similar to the likes of the 4400, Falling Skies, Under the Dome, The Walking Dead, etc. Lots of manufactured tension.

If that sort of thing appeals then it's probably fine. But it can't really be compared to Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Narcos, The Expanse, etc. Those are all several notches above in terms of writing, direction, acting, cinematography, soundtrack... everything really.

If they still had the 5-star system I'd have given it 3 stars for "watchable but meh; would rather have the time back".
    Agreed. Don't like the actors not a patch on BB

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I can't remember Banshee being mentioned before, just finishing the first season, really enjoying it, ex con takes the Id of a small town Sheriff, lots of boobies too 
    Sorry for the spoiler first 3 seasons great, final season dire!
    Last edited by miguelh34; 23rd September 2017 at 08:07.

Journeyman
    ozark is pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    ray donavan

Not seen it myself yet, but I have been told American Vandal on Netflix is very good... a US mockumentary .

Quote Originally Posted by miguelh34 View Post
    Sorry for the spoiler first 3 seasons great, final season dire!
    I’ve got to halfway through S3 and I’m sorry to wholeheartedly agree with you!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    Not new but watched Toast of London recently on Netflix. Really funny.
    It’s one of the best comedies of the past few years imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana
    Darkmatter
    Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    indeed it is and recommended this series earlier in the thread :)

Infuriatingly, it appears to have not been renewed after Season 3 (which is where I have just got up to). Thus leaving it completely hanging, with no kind of wrap up at all. I am really very pee'd off by this - particularly as by all accounts it's ratings were strong and had stayed strong. It appears to have been a victim of financing and TV politics.

I think it is really, really poor when a Broadcaster does this - viewers have invested significant time in a series, and are then basically cheated out of a proper (or any) conclusion.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Infuriatingly, it appears to have not been renewed after Season 3 (which is where I have just got up to). Thus leaving it completely hanging, with no kind of wrap up at all. I am really very pee'd off by this - particularly as by all accounts it's ratings were strong and had stayed strong. It appears to have been a victim of financing and TV politics.

I think it is really, really poor when a Broadcaster does this - viewers have invested significant time in a series, and are then basically cheated out of a proper (or any) conclusion.
    It seems the reason for canceling was SyFy not making much money of it due to it being a licensed programs as opposed to say Killjoys which is a 'SyFy' original program. Hence why Killjoys was renewed and Dark Matter wasn't, despite similar ratings.

Highly infuriating, but there is a chance it gets picked up by another network. Fingers crossed....

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Just finished The Handmaids Tale, absolutely superb. One of the most original shows I have seen for years, amazingly put together and acted. Harrowing as well. Best thing I have seen for a while!

Got to agree, looking forward to the second series.

Currently watching Fugatives on Catch up. It's a Chilean series in Spanish with subtitles so the style is quite strange but gripping nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Just watched 1st episode of Tin Star, think this will be very good. Tim Roth is great!
    Just done the same - very very good and love the flawed character of Tim Roth's Police Chief.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Professor T on more 4 is very enjoyable - quirky Belgium detective series about an academic with OCD who helps the local police with cases.

How good was Star Wars discovery!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Trek good sir

Not seen the first episode yet - I'm assuming good update?

Do you have Netflix? I'm hooked on Narcos, i spoke to a lot of my friends and they said they did not like season 3 as much as 1 and 2 but its just as interesting to me.

The subtitles are a bit annoying but the show is too good.

Fugitives on All 4

Tin Star also great as others have said.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I finished watching 13 Reasons Why at weekend and now on to Narcos. Both very good.

Just watched the first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery. Typical big budget Netflix fare, easy enough to watch, rather politically correct casting and no horny captain boning aliens, not very original either - The Federation still having problems with Klingons from Uranus. I guess I'll stick with it for when I just need chewing gum for my mind.

Craftsman
    Star Trek: Discovery was pretty decent. Not great television but much better than I expected. I know a lot of Trek fans are nitpicking about design, technology, new Klingon look, but I appreciate these changes, at least it looks somewhat fresh.

spoilers:
    What I find odd is that we basically got introduction to the main character and then they pulled the rug under everything else they established, it seems it's going to be much different show than presented in the pilot.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    It was indeed good yes. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next episode... :)

Quote Originally Posted by caye031 View Post
    Star Trek: Discovery was pretty decent. Not great television but much better than I expected. I know a lot of Trek fans are nitpicking about design, technology, new Klingon look, but I appreciate these changes, at least it looks somewhat fresh.

spoilers:
    What I find odd is that we basically got introduction to the main character and then they pulled the rug under everything else they established, it seems it's going to be much different show than presented in the pilot.
    Agreed. I watched the first two episodes last night, and I was not disappointed. Very interesting set-up, was quite happy with what happened to Michelle Yeoh's character, and the new look is extremely impressive. Production values look first class. Some beautiful design work.

I'll be watching.

On another note, "The Last Ship" season four is now airing - again, very good so far.

Master
    I wasn't going to bother with Discovery as it's been slammed but think I will give it a go after what you guys have said. Love me some Trek

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just watched the first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery. Typical big budget Netflix fare, easy enough to watch, rather politically correct casting and no horny captain boning aliens, not very original either - The Federation still having problems with Klingons from Uranus. I guess I'll stick with it for when I just need chewing gum for my mind.
    Watched the first episode last night. I was a bit disappointed too but we'll see.
    By the way it's a CBS production and I didn't get a big budget feeling, you can't help thinking that if it was a Netflix Original It would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I wasn't going to bother with Discovery as it's been slammed but think I will give it a go after what you guys have said. Love me some Trek

I think it is important to give it some time - the first two episodes are effectively a prologue, the series starts proper with episode 3 as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Not seen it myself yet, but I have been told American Vandal on Netflix is very good... a US mockumentary .
    Just got through this and found it very amusing and well done.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    That and Designated Survivor have kept me entertained for a while.
    Not feeling it.
    Every other sentence is 'the American people...'

Loads of talk of Star Trek Discovery, no talk of The Orville! Between the two, my sci fi itch is sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Fugitives on All 4

Tin Star also great as others have said.
    One more vote for Tin Star, excellent!

The new series of Curb your enthusiasm.

Brilliant hilarious stuff as usual from Larry David.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    The new series of Curb your enthusiasm.

Brilliant hilarious stuff as usual from Larry David.
    It’s a fantastic show. I binged the whole lot over a few weeks and really laughed at the new episode last night

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    Loads of talk of Star Trek Discovery, no talk of The Orville! Between the two, my sci fi itch is sorted!
    Discovery looking good so far and The Orville is quite amusing.

Star Trek Discovery episode 3 was great - and Jason Isaacs is already looking to be superb. Very edgy, unsettling, and clearly this is going to be a very different Trek series.

I am convinced that the Discovery is Starfleet black ops...

Third series of Narcos is pretty good, if not quite as good as the Escobar series.

Manhunt: Unabomber was really good. I wasn’t aware of the story, so it was very interesting. Paul Bettany was excellent, and oddly how I imagine certain members of the forum are (without the criminal acts, of course).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    Manhunt: Unabomber was really good. I wasn’t aware of the story, so it was very interesting. Paul Bettany was excellent, and oddly how I imagine certain members of the forum are (without the criminal acts, of course).
    That's the second mention of this but I can't find it anywhere, well Sky and Netflix at least, think the other fella said it was on Discovery but it's not showing up on mine?

Craftsman
    Just started watching Suburra, seems ok, very similar to Gomorrah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tin Star, starring Tim Roth, on Sky Atlantic. Excellent gritty series. Finished now but it's on Catch Up, and there will be a second series.

Very much enjoyed The Making of the Mob on Netflix. Fans of The Godfather Part 2 will get a kick out of it.

Craftsman
    I'd put off watching the new series of narcos as I thought it'd be pointless without pablo but it's great. Think it's the ninth one was probably the most intense bit of TV I've seen since the walking dead introduced Lucille.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Overshadowed on BBC 3 iPlayer. 8 x 10 minute episodes. Enjoyed would be the wrong word but glad I watched it.

The last post on BBC, 1st episode showed promise.

Also loved Ozarks, new narcos, 13 reasons why, all on Netflix

Master
    Just watched the second season of Start Up on Netflix. Really enjoyed it and well worth a look!

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    That's the second mention of this but I can't find it anywhere, well Sky and Netflix at least, think the other fella said it was on Discovery but it's not showing up on mine?
    We definitely watched it on Netflix, so it should be there somewhere. (Admittedly, it doesn’t seem to show up when I type it in though - wife found it though).

Quote Originally Posted by firefoxed View Post
    The Orville...
    Just been reading about this and it sounds good, but I can’t find out what channel(s) it’s on. Is it on any streaming/catch up services?

Craftsman
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Mr. Mercedes and so far so good.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Just been reading about this and it sounds good, but I can’t find out what channel(s) it’s on. Is it on any streaming/catch up services?
    I just get it from the www.

Craftsman
    Well, I started to watch new Netflix series, Mindhunter (produced by Fincher, who also directed first two episodes), three episodes I am really into it, especially since Anna Torv showed up (I still miss Fringe!).
    Slow burn, methodical, deliberate

Dynasty's started again ;-)

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Dynasty's started again ;-)

Eddie
    I thought I could smell hairspray.....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We've just finished watching the four episodes of The Detectives: Murder on the Streets (BBC2) and were very impressed with it.

The level of access to the police's investigations is remarkable and the storytelling was 'edge of seat' involving: far, far better then any fictional portrayal.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    We've just finished watching the four episodes of The Detectives: Murder on the Streets (BBC2) and were very impressed with it.

The level of access to the police's investigations is remarkable and the storytelling was 'edge of seat' involving: far, far better then any fictional portrayal.

R
    Hey ralphy we just watched that and thought it was superb.