closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 97 of 110 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,850 of 5462

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

I've just finished Pine Gap.

I enjoyed it, although there are some rather shouty performances.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Silo - Apple TV.

Not bad at all.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Netflix just dropped ten episodes of Arnold's new spy series fubar. My 26 year-old son watched the first episode with me and we were both underwhelmed...the quality just wasn't there.
    I finished it and really enjoyed it. I think it's a caper more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Netflix just dropped ten episodes of Arnold's new spy series fubar. My 26 year-old son watched the first episode with me and we were both underwhelmed...the quality just wasn't there.
    Definitely not his best work, we watched (I think) three episodes and SWMBO won’t watch any more.

Just coming to the end of Barry starring Bill Hader. Superb dark comedy and thoroughly recommended

Watched the first episode of Pokerface on sky, v good start.

Blog Entries
    Re-watching Bosch on Prime at the moment with my 16 yr old son - forgot how easy to watch it was.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Re-watching Bosch on Prime at the moment with my 16 yr old son - forgot how easy to watch it was.
    I could only manage 1 episode of that before turning off.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    started mr inbetween thanks to this thread. Really enjoying it so far. 6 episodes in I think

Totally agree Gareth. A thoroughly enjoyable series. I loved the fact that there was some real seriousness and emotion in between the satire.

Shame it has come to an end... faaaaaaaaaaaaark!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Watched the last (ever?) episode of Ted Lasso yesterday on Apple TV.

This is a series I have thoroughly enjoyed from the very beginning and whilst it has veered off course a few times the central themes the writers brought to the screen are hugely enjoyable to watch.

Season 3 (just finished) started off with darker tone but mid-way through it really kicked on and last nights finale (well, it was released Wednesday 31st) was, for me, a complete joy to watch. I know the reviews for it have been pretty dire but I loved it and if the series does end there (as is heavily rumoured) then I for one will really miss it.

It's one of the very best series that came along in Covid times and was just the tonic for many people.

Drops of God - Apple TV

'Once upon a time in Northern Ireland' on the BBC IPlayer.

I found this series very absorbing and quite harrowing, as individuals explain their experiences and involvement in the 'Troubles'. Certainly opens your eyes into the mentality and brutality of sectarian violence - and the heartbreak it caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I could only manage 1 episode of that before turning off.
    You did well......we knobbed it off around half way through...

Master
    True Detective

Has anyone watched this? I've finished Episode 4 and while I like the murder investigation bit etc (set in the past), the interviews with the 2 main cops set in the present are just tedious and could be cut completely. The IMDB reviews are fantastic for it. Top 40 all time TV Shows of all genres on IMDB. Even the bits in the past are difficult to follow with Matthew McConaughey using a deep south mumble at best of times. I google the episode after each one just to check I haven't missed anything.

I'm at Episode 4 is it worth persevering?

Given it's an anthology show, shoudl I skip to season 2 instead. Lot's of long running shows get better with later series.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    True Detective

Has anyone watched this? I've finished Episode 4 and while I like the murder investigation bit etc (set in the past), the interviews with the 2 main cops set in the present are just tedious and could be cut completely. The IMDB reviews are fantastic for it. Top 40 all time TV Shows of all genres on IMDB. Even the bits in the past are difficult to follow with Matthew McConaughey using a deep south mumble at best of times. I google the episode after each one just to check I haven't missed anything.

Given it's an anthology show, shoudl I skip to season 2 instead. Lot's of long running shows get better with later series.
    Long time since I watched it. Thought it was superb

Season 2 crap from what I recall

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    True Detective

Thought it was excellent

The Days on Netflix thoroughly absorbing, well worth a look if you’re interested in the Japanese Nuclear disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Started watching 'Its always sunny in Philadelphia' this week. I'm finding it a bit excruciating, can anyone reassure me that it gets better over the serie's?

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Started watching 'Its always sunny in Philadelphia' this week. I'm finding it a bit excruciating, can anyone reassure me that it gets better over the serie's?
    Ha, I don't know what to tell you about this! Season 1 is a bit weak but it soon hits its stride when Danny DeVito joins the main cast from season 2 onwards. The thing is, the characters are supposed to be unlikeable, you'll hate every single one of them and you'll wonder how half the storylines ever got given the green light. If you get it, you'll love it, I don't think it's something that someone can learn to appreciate, it isn't high concept stuff. It's filthy and nasty and if you don't like it, they don't give a s**t.

That said, there are some genuinely touching moments, "Mac's dance" (Googling it will give you major spoilers) is one of the greatest few minutes of television ever conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Ha, I don't know what to tell you about this! Season 1 is a bit weak but it soon hits its stride when Danny DeVito joins the main cast from season 2 onwards. The thing is, the characters are supposed to be unlikeable, you'll hate every single one of them and you'll wonder how half the storylines ever got given the green light. If you get it, you'll love it, I don't think it's something that someone can learn to appreciate, it isn't high concept stuff. It's filthy and nasty and if you don't like it, they don't give a s**t.

That said, there are some genuinely touching moments, "Mac's dance" (Googling it will give you major spoilers) is one of the greatest few minutes of television ever conceived.
    Thanks for the reply I think that I get it now. I'll persevere and hopefully it'll grow on me

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    You did well......we knobbed it off around half way through...
    Each to their own, I thought it was a great adaptation of the character in the novels.

That said, I couldn't get beyond a couple of episodes of the Wire.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quite enjoyed watching 'Steeltown Murders' on BBC. Enjoyed is probably the wrong word given the subject matter, but it was quite well done.

Mini-series based on a cold case 1970's serial murderer/rapist police investigation which was reopened in 1990's following developments in DNA testing.

Never had any interest in F1 but have started watching Drive to Survive and am totally hooked.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    started mr inbetween thanks to this thread. Really enjoying it so far. 6 episodes in I think
    It must be about time for a rewatch for me - a great show which this thread introduced me to also

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Never had any interest in F1 but have started watching Drive to Survive and am totally hooked.
    Totally loved the show and am not hooked on F1! Needed a new hobby to really chuffed I watched it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a PSA for those who watched the first 5 series of Black Mirror that the 6th is now on Netflix. I've just watched the first, Joan is Awful. Enjoyed it although I guessed the end which I don't think I've ever done with any previous episodes.
    Because of that I think I've enjoyed past episodes more. It won't stop me watching the rest though!

Craftsman
    After many recommendations on here I've been rinsing through Mr Inbetween. What a phenomenal show! It has made me laugh so much at points, but is also tragic and poignant. Plus there is action and romance! It's got everything you could ever want.

Citadel I watched with the Mrs, pretty standard fare, 6/10 from me.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Just a PSA for those who watched the first 5 series of Black Mirror that the 6th is now on Netflix. I've just watched the first, Joan is Awful. Enjoyed it although I guessed the end which I don't think I've ever done with any previous episodes.
    Because of that I think I've enjoyed past episodes more. It won't stop me watching the rest though!
    Fantastic thanks - had not spotted another series!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    I'm 2 episodes in to the new Black Mirror. Ep1 was good, Ep2 was great. Genuinely creepy. Have forced myself to ration the rest, it's too good to binge watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I'm 2 episodes in to the new Black Mirror. Ep1 was good, Ep2 was great. Genuinely creepy. Have forced myself to ration the rest, it's too good to binge watch.
    I really enjoyed Ep1, so glad to be back watching it. Am with you on rationing, but I will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I really enjoyed Ep1, so glad to be back watching it. Am with you on rationing, but I will fail.
    I did Ep3 last night - superb. Relatively late start tomorrow so up for Ep4 tonight. With wine :-). Work schedule means I won't have a chance to do Ep5 until next Friday.

Master
    I did Ep3 last night - superb. Relatively late start tomorrow so up for Ep4 tonight. With wine :-). Work schedule means I won't have a chance to do Ep5 until next Friday.
    Good rationing lol

Managed less than 10mins of The Full Monty series on Disney+ last night. The wife stuck with the first episode but it didn’t improve apparently.

I'm halfway (four episodes) through The Diplomat with Keri Russell as the new U.S. Ambassador to the UK. Love it. I was going to watch the remaining four tonight but it's already past midnight here.

Craftsman
    Thoroughly enjoyed Tour de France Unchained on Netflix

Master
    Just started no escape on Paramount- Ep1 was quite gripping

Black Mirror is very dark, but the latest series is very good...in a creepy sort of way!

Master
    +1 for Tour de France: Unchained. Really good insight to the big French bike ride. Some people were more likeable than others for sure.

Good rationing lol
    Anything that isn't burning through the entire series 6 in one go is good rationing in my book.

Ep4 was great but I feel the need to rewatch it as I think there may be more detail to the narrative than one might perceive in the first sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Yep. I tend not to watch the actual race season but love Drive to Survive- it’s far more exciting!

- - - Updated - - -

I’m thoroughly enjoying The Recruit.

New on Netflix.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Anything that isn't burning through the entire series 6 in one go is good rationing in my book.

Ep4 was great but I feel the need to rewatch it as I think there may be more detail to the narrative than one might perceive in the first sitting.
    Bloody hell, just watched it - clearly need to watch it again as I remain somewhat perplexed.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Deadloch on amazon prime

Murder mystery/detective but is absolutely hilarious with some cracking one-liners. It's the first thing ive watched thats made me properly laugh for ages.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Deadloch on amazon prime

Murder mystery/detective but is absolutely hilarious with some cracking one-liners. It's the first thing ive watched thats made me properly laugh for ages.
    Totally agree, it’s hilarious

Bloody hell, just watched it - clearly need to watch it again as I remain somewhat perplexed.
    Yep it certainly went where I wasn't expecting. Going to look for clues on the repeat viewing when I next have an evening off!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    'Once upon a time in Northern Ireland' on the BBC IPlayer.

I found this series very absorbing and quite harrowing, as individuals explain their experiences and involvement in the 'Troubles'. Certainly opens your eyes into the mentality and brutality of sectarian violence - and the heartbreak it caused.
    Just caught up with this and it’s an absolutely stunning series .
    This should be required viewing . I’m not a fan of the BBC but these episodes are amazing .

Following on from this , I’ve just watched the Once upon a Time in Iraq.
    Nuts, absolutely nuts .
    From the invasion in 2003 ( with a nod to the first Gulf War ) through to the legacy left behind, it’s totally absorbing . Eye witness reporting from people from all walks of life, interviews with soldiers( and generals) , reporters, photographers and many many Iraqis touched by the whole episode .
    I couldn’t recommend this any higher.
    Last edited by thegoat; 3rd July 2023 at 17:19.

Colin from accounts and also just started watching the bear, both really good so far!

Master
    Blog Entries
    New series of the Bear this month.

I watched the documentary Lance about Armstrong last week, really absorbing and shows how nuts pro cycling was

Inside the Iranian uprising

Truly harrowing account of the Iranian protests over the last year, and the heinous methods used by the regime to suppress it. BBC iPlayer.

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampp...ed-for-freedom

Witcher 3 came out recently. I have watched the first episode was ok but not great. Hopefully it gets better in the next few episodes.

Been watching Silo, very good!