closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wellington boots

Wellington boots

Hi
    As a dog owner near fields I often wear wellies. I had some nice Dunlop ones (£70) which split at the back after a few months. Got them replaced under guarantee and they've done it again. Previously I had Hunters which the heels wore out after a year.
    Any recommendations

Thanks
    Andy

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    A few threads on this, but for me I would heartily recommend aigles, all day comfy/dry.

mike

Thanks. I thought I'd done a search but just re searched under wellies and found another thread.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Thanks. I thought I'd done a search but just re searched under wellies and found another thread.
    Cheers
    Well done that chap,

Master
    I've had:

entry level hunters - lasted well

Entry/mid level le chameau - comfy but split after about 5-6 Years

Dubarrys - very comfy and warm - but also started leaking after about 3-4 yrs. sent them back - but they were having none of it which is disappointing.

For xmas I got shiny top of range hunter balmoral things. Comfy and warm and dry thus far :)

Try some with Vibram soles, should last a little longer than moulded rubber soles.

Craftsman
    There's only one answer to this question....Aigles.

The good lady and myself have had ours 4 years now and they're still going strong. Regularly walk 6 plus miles in them with the dogs.

Aigles.

Blog Entries

Buckler Wellies are great, comfy for walking miles and really warm due to Neopreme, around £65 I think.

Wellies

Got to be Aigles....I have had many types over the years and by far the most comfortable and hard wearing wellies are the Aigles....From memory a fellow TZer demonloop has some connection to the company and often sells them at a good price with top delivery times.

Regards

Master
    Hunter Balmoral for me. Ive used them for a couple of years now and they are still good as new. The footbed is as comfy as proper walking boots as it the grippy sole and the neoprene liner keeps them warm.

Master
    Neoprene lined Aigle for me, can't go wrong in my opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Hunter Balmoral for me. Ive used them for a couple of years now and they are still good as new. The footbed is as comfy as proper walking boots as it the grippy sole and the neoprene liner keeps them warm.
    had exactly these boots for about 5 years now, unfortunately just split the second pair on the upper tripping over an upstanding root (also the shame of falling on my face at the same time in front of friends who's sympathy was non-existent!)

great boots, need to find another pair in the sales now.

Craftsman
    Never had any trouble with my Dunlops , but i do only wear them about 10 times a year!

I had a pair of Hunter Balmorels for two years or so and was gutted when both boots uppers split. At first I thought I had caught them on a sharp branch or similar, however, it became apparent that following some running repairs another two splits, then three in one boot proved I should move aligience from Hunter as the wife's normal Hunters also continually split.

I have moved on to a pair of Aigle Parcours Outlast Vario. Best walking Wellington so far....

The difference is the rubber and sole are so more fleixible...and lighter, so much easier to walk all day if required.

Outlast lining is a tad warm though!

Master
    £20 Dunlop's from the local country store. Mine are 'pimped' with some lidl arch supports.

What's up with lifetime replacement carrier bags?
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Anyone thinking about a pair of Aigles, these seem very good prices in the sale. http://www.rubbersole.co.uk/Aigle-b16.php

The Parcours look particularly good value, there's an extra discount code for another 10% off taking the Parcours under £60
    Code is RSSALES1237 for anyone interested

Guess I was lucky; my Hunters lasted 25 years!

I'm just replacing my Hunters with a pair of Aigle's - ordered them from a TZ member Demonloop's ebay site (who was offering a deal back in October).........i had the ebay link bookmarked.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aigle-ISO-...item2a5a2f8374

cheers

Paul

Craftsman
    Aigle all the way for me, my last pair lasted for 12 years. Uttings have most of the range with good prices too

http://www.uttings.co.uk/c466-footwe...i/brand=aigle/

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    There's only one answer to this question....Aigles.

The good lady and myself have had ours 4 years now and they're still going strong. Regularly walk 6 plus miles in them with the dogs.
    I bought a pair of 'opens' (have zips) I thought they were comfy being soft but have found that they are fine walking on the level or up hill but going down hill the 'softness' means my toes are touching the front (due to stretch/give) and are 'pinched', I'm hoping that the neoprene will 'bed in' and will eventually be ok, if not they are going to be an expensive mistake.

Apprentice
    I have a pair of muck boots. I use them for dog walking on mixed terrain and they have lasted 3 years with plenty of use left in them. I am usually quick to wear through shoes and so im happy with these. Very warm which is great in winter but would be hot for summer use.

Check out LeChameau. Very well reviewed by the country set down south

Craftsman
    Le Chameau with Vibram soles excellent .

Another Aigle fan here. Just added some neoprene lined ones to go with my regulars. This, of course, is the reaon why winter temps have been so unseasonably mild...

Also a very happy customer of our own demonloop.

I killed my Muck Boot Avons by wearing out the inside heel lining, started rubbing and getting sore - got a good few years out of them though.

Just replaced them with these: http://www.lechameau.com/gb/mens-boo...r=Vert+Vierzon extremely comfy and the first pair of wellies I've felt like you can actually drive in if needed they're so flexible. Thumbs up so far.

After 24 years of sterling service my Hunters sadly need replacing in the near future. I'm pretty much decided on a pair of Le Chameau Vierzonord Neoprene jobbies to replace them; is anybody aware of any good reductions or deals in a size 8 (42 for you continental devils)? They don't seem to get discounted much.

https://www.lechameau.com/gb/catalog...ory/157/?c=294

Master
    My original, ( hand made in Dumfries ) Hunters still going strong after 21 years of solid use!

Will feel genuinely sad when they finally give up the ghost.

I have had Hunters for years and still love them but mine are nearly done in so I dropped a gentle hint and the other half has ordered me a pair of these. They are pre-order only but I cant wait for them to arrive. Worth having a nosey at the site if you like that sort of thing.

http://www.sportinghares.com/fieldsport-boot

I have a pair that were issued to me when I was a 19 year old postman, 36 years later they're still going strong with no leaks! I'll try and see if there are any manufacturer marks on them when I'm next in the garden shed.

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    I have had Hunters for years and still love them but mine are nearly done in so I dropped a gentle hint and the other half has ordered me a pair of these. They are pre-order only but I cant wait for them to arrive. Worth having a nosey at the site if you like that sort of thing.

http://www.sportinghares.com/fieldsport-boot
    Interesting, thanks. What colour do you think they are; they show up as either blue or turquoise depending on how I adjust my monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Interesting, thanks. What colour do you think they are; they show up as either blue or turquoise depending on how I adjust my monitor?
    I am expecting blue/turquoise as that's what they look like on my monitor as well. Should be here any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    Neoprene lined Aigle for me, can't go wrong in my opinion.
    This - mine are 10 years old now and still going strong.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

blue/turquoise
    Meh...

Meh...
    After a couple of weeks they will be covered in Poo! so I don't mind............................

After a couple of weeks they will be covered in Poo! so I don't mind............................
    Unless I have a deal to pounce on I possibly won't be buying until nearer the end of Jan - if yours turn up I'd like to see a (non overly-processed) picture in daylight.

Unless I have a deal to pounce on I possibly won't be buying until nearer the end of Jan - if yours turn up I'd like to see a (non overly-processed) picture in daylight.
    OK, will post a shot when I get them.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/featu...d-boots-472153

Journeyman

Wellies

After 24 years of sterling service my Hunters sadly need replacing in the near future. I'm pretty much decided on a pair of Le Chameau Vierzonord Neoprene jobbies to replace them; is anybody aware of any good reductions or deals in a size 8 (42 for you continental devils)? They don't seem to get discounted much.

https://www.lechameau.com/gb/catalog...ory/157/?c=294

When LeChameau were made in France they were quality. Then production was moved to Morocco and quality went down the pan.
    There was talk( maybe it's already happened?) of moving back to France, but until then I would go for Aigle ( speaking as somebody whos in his 20yr LE chameau's virtually every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbed View Post
    When LeChameau were made in France they were quality. Then production was moved to Morocco and quality went down the pan.
    There was talk( maybe it's already happened?) of moving back to France, but until then I would go for Aigle ( speaking as somebody whos in his 20yr LE chameau's virtually every day!
    Thanks for that - that's the reason Hunters aren't even on the list this time around. Looks like the leather-lined ones are still made in France but I'm not planning to stretch to those financially. Am I right in thinking that the factory switch was in 2015; maybe there's a chance of picking up some NOS on Ebay?
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 30th December 2016 at 18:51.

Aigle seem to be the favourite where I live. My wife's are 6 years old and like new. Mine are a few years old and I'm sure would be like new if I cleaned them. Used daily for muddy dog walks.

OK, will post a shot when I get them.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/featu...d-boots-472153
    Just checked with the boss and mine were ordered on the 17th November and are due on the 17th January. Lets hope they are worth the wait.

Master
    I used to sell Aigle, and in 5/6 years selling them had I think two warranty issues replaced without question by Aigle.

I would have sold several hundred pairs in that space of time. Fantastic quality.

Update on my new boots received today.

Ordered these on the 17th November as I like to support local businesses especially new ones. Just going to have to wait and bite the bullet as I want something not many others have.

www.sportinghares.com

Thirty-odd years of fieldwork, shooting etc. I gave up on Chinese made Hunters years ago. Le Chameau are top notch (if you have deep pockets) and you get what you pay for. They are brilliant but value for money I settled on Aigles years ago and they've never let me down.

Master
    Just treated myself to some aigle parcours ISO today after my muckboots have worn through the lining at the heel, they've lasted 6 years doing circa 4-5 miles most days so I can't complain but fancied a change this time.
    after a short bimble in the aigles I'm very impressed fit is slightly smaller than muckboots too so less movement when walking for me, let's hope they last as well.
    Last edited by bootneck; 7th January 2017 at 20:10.

What ever you end up with remember to get some odor eaters.

Not bad looking field boots and at £75.00 a bargain.

http://www.rydale.com/collections/ja...09-malham-sale

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    What ever you end up with remember to get some odor eaters.
    Why?