closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wellington boots

I am very happy with my 4yro leather lined Balmorals, my wife not so with hers.

The Neoprene ones she bought recently split down the heel seam second walk out.
    Return was no quibble but no replacement available so a pair of cheaper style Hunters were found at TK maxx whilst she saves for the Dubarrys she wants.

My current pair of Countrywide own brand, whilst having given commendable service for the price are sadly approaching the end of their days. After hearing plenty of recommendations, both here and elsewhere, I went and tried on a pair of Aigle Parcours 2 at the weekend.

They were indeed very impressive but I found my normal size 8 to be very loose and they definitely felt too big. Unfortunately the store was out of size 7 - though expecting some in this week - so I was unable to try out the next size down.

Is it just me that finds Aigle to 'wear large', or should I be padding them out with extra socks?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Peter, I find my aigles bang on for size, medium socks and a perfect fit.

i really do swear by them.

mike

Thanks Mike. I'll try again later on in the week when they get the others in to compare them with.

You don't use yours for work, do you :-)?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    You don't use yours for work, do you :-)?
    Funnily enough I do wear wellies for work but they are yellow steelies!!, my aigles are for walking shooting etc.

mike

Regatta Loxleigh Wellingtons

These are discounted and might do someone a favor £50.00 on Ebay or Amazon. £40.00 here and free delivery. Use the code SHOPMVF

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf...ons-deep-green

Master
    Le Chameau Vierzonord for me (beating/shooting/dog walking), Muck boots for Mrs Beanie for er, mucking out her horses.
    I bought mine about 8yrs ago when they were about £70, very comfy and warm, no splitting or other defects.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ early chameau are great, however lots of problems with them now production has shifted to Morocco.

mike

Have a look on Amazon for Aigles.
    I picked up a pair of full zip neoprene parcours ISO's
    just after Christmas for £40 with free postage....

(they were size 12 tho)

Craftsman
    +1 for Le Chameaus.
    I had a pair for years, and they were excellent.
    First season with replacement pair, and still unbelievably comfortable and warm. Can't comment on build quality beyond this, as they are still being broken in.

Journeyman
    Parcours 2 Iso Wellies all the way... most amazing wellies ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Unless I have a deal to pounce on I possibly won't be buying until nearer the end of Jan - if yours turn up I'd like to see a (non overly-processed) picture in daylight.
    They turned up today. 4 months after ordering. I would not wait that long but they are a gift. Fortunately not a bit like the pictures on the website. I would say dark or bottle green. Darker than my old Hunters. Very comfortable thick rubber. They come with the girlie pictures. I am wearing them now in the study but it wont be long till they need keeping outdoors. Well pleased with them but I have to say that.....................

Had Le Chameau but vibram sole split. Extremely disappointed as had so little wear. Replaced with Aigle Parcours 2 which so far have been excellent. However wife bought me some neoprene wellies from ALDI a few weeks back for £20 and so far they've been excellent. So good in fact I now have a spare pair. Extremely comfortable when walking the dog every day.
    Last edited by mylofitz; 14th March 2017 at 22:57.

Craftsman
    Uttings replaced 2 pairs of hunter neoprene wellies after splitting, strangely enough they gave up stocking them.

Aigle for me - not sure of model, but they're rather good.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Just bought a pair of Aigle Parcours 2. At £115 they were more than I wanted to spend. But without a doubt the most comfy wellies I have had.
    I just hope they last!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SiSetts; 24th February 2020 at 15:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Just bought a pair of Aigle Parcours 2. At £115 they were more than I wanted to spend. But without a doubt the most comfy wellies I have had.
    I just hope they last!!

They will, and the warranty is solid if they don’t.

I just hope they last!!
    I bought a pair of Aigles over three years ago, not least due to the recommendations and encouragement on here (see above/below), with no problems to date. Like you I was a trifle startled paying out that sort of amount for 'just a pair of wellies' however after a short breaking in period I barely notice wearing them all day now.

Great for countryside walking when it's soaking wet and muddy underfoot.

Not wellies

Have tried lots of "wellies" over the years for walking the dog , fishing, general out in bad weather and these Toggi Columbus boots beat of them hands down IMHO of course....

https://www.onlineforequine.co.uk/to...s-country-boot

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Have always used Muckboots in the past and found them really comfortable for walking. Needed a new pair when my last ones sprang a leak, after about 10 years, and couldn't find any locally so bought a pair of Aigle. First ones I've had in that brand and so far they seem pretty good.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Another big vote for aigle. You can often pick them up in sales. I bought a pair of parcours a couple of years ago and working well.
    Bought my wife a pair for Christmas and she loves them.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Aigle is one of the very few manufacturers that has kept production in its original country.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Aigle is one of the very few manufacturers that has kept production in its original country.
    Yes and using traditional methods. I like traditional.

Master
    On the Aigle parcours How do people find the fit ? True to size. I am a UK 9 in C&J/Church’s so wondering whether to go with that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    On the Aigle parcours How do people find the fit ? True to size. I am a UK 9 in C&J/Church’s so wondering whether to go with that.
    I bought the same size as I wear in shoes, but I wouldn't buy any without trying them on tbh.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Have always used Muckboots in the past and found them really comfortable for walking. Needed a new pair when my last ones sprang a leak, after about 10 years, and couldn't find any locally so bought a pair of Aigle. First ones I've had in that brand and so far they seem pretty good.
    I have had a pair of Muckboots for about 10 years and they are really very good. There is a 15% off offer currently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I have had a pair of Muckboots for about 10 years and they are really very good. There is a 15% off offer currently.
    Thanks will take a look. Might come in handy to get a pair and keep till I need them.

My Aigles Paras are about 10 years old and still excellent. My wife (who wanted a more funky colour) went for Muckboots. Both are very good.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    My muckboots lasted really well and I was very pleased with them but my aigle iso replacement are so comfortable and holding up well 3 years in they’d be my first choice now

Craftsman
    I'm also a size 9. Tried on a size 9, then a size 8. I thought the 8 was a tad tight. So went for a 9. Am wearing them with a thick/ sport sock.

Master
    I'm also a size 9. Tried on a size 9, then a size 8. I thought the 8 was a tad tight. So went for a 9. Am wearing them with a thick/ sport sock.

Thanks for this. Where I am based does not have them in a store. So it’s either order on line or wait til I am next back.

Thanks for this. Where I am based does not have them in a store. So it’s either order on line or wait til I am next back.
    Ordering online would allow you to order 2 sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.

Master
    I’m a 9 in church’s and trickers, my aigle are size 9 and fit spot on if that helps

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Ordering online would allow you to order 2 sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.
    I am in Croatia so returns not so easy :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    I’m a 9 in church’s and trickers, my aigle are size 9 and fit spot on if that helps
    Perfect. Thanks.
    Will likely give it a go as we are going to be digging up the garden for some construction soon so going to have plenty of mud around !

I am in Croatia so returns not so easy :)
    Indeed. More 'there' than 'here', then

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    I believe that Trickers have more than one last - it's still possible to be a half size out.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    I’ve had my Aigle’s for 8 years now. Walk the dogs in them twice a day through winter plus duty on the sidelines for kids rugby and football and they’re still going strong.

I got the neoprene lined ones which is think is now only in the Parcours ISO and they’re great - really comfortable and warm. The only downside is that neoprene grips a bit better than normal lining so I find I need to use a boot pull to get them off easily!

I’m a UK size 11.5 and got the size 46 which was absolutely bang on sizing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had a pair of these for a few years. Go on walks with them up peak district and also served me well at festivals where it does not hurt if someone steps back on your foot

£22 from screwfix.

Craftsman
    Had some Muck boots drop through the door at the weekend, £76 from Prime with free returns.

Really comfy and warm and pretty much bang-on for size although could have maybe gone down to a 10.5.

Wore them yesterday for dog walking and feet were toasty warm walking through muddy puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Had some Muck boots drop through the door at the weekend, £76 from Prime with free returns.

Really comfy and warm and pretty much bang-on for size although could have maybe gone down to a 10.5.

Wore them yesterday for dog walking and feet were toasty warm walking through muddy puddles.
    Got a fairly basic set of "Mucks" in a fetching-but-apt shade of Turd Brown last October for dog-walking/deshitting purposes - I've since done 5-10 miles a day in the wettest winter I can remember, and all's good. If I get a year out of them they'll have done better than a number of more expensive so-called walking boots I've owned.

Master
    Thanks to those who replied on the sizing front.
    My Aigle parcours arrived today and they fit spot on. UK9/EU43 in shoes and the same for these was exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbed View Post
    When LeChameau were made in France they were quality. Then production was moved to Morocco and quality went down the pan.
    There was talk( maybe it's already happened?) of moving back to France, but until then I would go for Aigle ( speaking as somebody whos in his 20yr LE chameau's virtually every day!
    My Lechameau are also about 20 years old - I don’t wear them all that much but they’re still going strong.

Master
    Thanks to those who replied on the sizing front.
    My Aigle parcours arrived today and they fit spot on. UK9/EU43 in shoes and the same for these was exactly right.
    Superb I’m glad they fit right

Bit of a thread revival here, I’m looking for a new pair of wellies and would like either the aigles or lechameau, the trouble I have is I don’t have a particularly big foot at 8.5 -9 but have a wide foot with a high instep.

Can anybody say if either of these boots would be classed as a wider foot? I’m not really in a position to get out and try them on currently.

I could order multiple pairs and try them on and return what I dont want, but that gets time consuming and costly.

I may need to do that once I’ve narrowed down my options but any feedback on wider feet options would be great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Bit of a thread revival here, I’m looking for a new pair of wellies and would like either the aigles or lechameau, the trouble I have is I don’t have a particularly big foot at 8.5 -9 but have a wide foot with a high instep.

Can anybody say if either of these boots would be classed as a wider foot? I’m not really in a position to get out and try them on currently.

I could order multiple pairs and try them on and return what I dont want, but that gets time consuming and costly.

I may need to do that once I’ve narrowed down my options but any feedback on wider feet options would be great.
    I'm bumping this too as still need wellies for part of my local walk because of recent rainfall.

It seems Aigle are true to size and no suggestion of them being generous in the width. Not seen any advice on LeChameau sizing and also found this thread https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...hlight=wellies

Any further insights from anyone appreciated, stock on wellies is still pretty low and limited chance to try at local shops, so it's become an educated punt on what might work and through online.

Craftsman

Wellington boots

I am a size 8, with narrow to medium feet.

I have used the Chameau Neoprene wellies, with the adjuster at the top for longer than I can remember, and find them extremely comfortable, with plenty of room for extra socks, if needs be, for really cold days.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Mainspring; 11th July 2021 at 12:26.

Master
    Just adding to the thread in case it helps others in the future.

Aigle Parcours felt nice and true to size.

Le Chameau sizing seems about spot on. The first pair I tried had a rubber coating in the heel area which I found caused my sock to rub on my heel. I then tried one with a jersey lining that didn't have that and all good.

I also found that Le Chameau sell a lot of imperfects through their website at around 40% off RRP with free delivery and free returns - not well advertised so use their search function for the word imperfect to unearth, I got a fixed calf width pair with Jersey lining and Vibram soles for £78. Arrived two days later and to my eye are indistinguishable from "perfects" so well worth a look.

Master
    Have recently discovered Skellerup. New Zealand brand and superb. Streets ahead of anything I've had before.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I prefer ankle boots - much easier to slip on and off. Le Chameau used to do them and they were great, but they seemed to discontinue them some years ago. I have now discovered Aigle Lessfor Plus, which are a good ankle boot.