closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wellington boots

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I prefer ankle boots - much easier to slip on and off. Le Chameau used to do them and they were great, but they seemed to discontinue them some years ago. I have now discovered Aigle Lessfor Plus, which are a good ankle boot.
    Plus one on this. I’ve got a pair and they are super comfy and affordable. I wear the most of the time now and reserve the knee length for really wet and muddy weather.

Cheers, Shaun

Well, I’ve tried the Aigle Parcours ISO and vario, they were a touch tight on the top of my foot, so have gone back and I’ve ordered some le chameau vierzonord xl, hopefully they will have a bit more room in them… gripping stuff eh!!!

Little bit of a heads up, I picked up a pair of these today in TK Maxx for £180. Felt like good value. I can't see them on their website, but the store in Milton Keynes had a few pairs.

https://www.williampowell.com/footwe...rzon_mwe417-vv

Toggi Columbus boots really comfortable, waterproof and indestructible...

https://www.onlineforequine.co.uk/to...=2714&221=2715

Master
    Anyone aware of any sales on la chameau my hunters have long been due an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Anyone aware of any sales on la chameau my hunters have long been due an upgrade
    My local TK MAXX has some, the leather lined ones.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Which one please

Some online but limited sizes.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Can’t tell what style they are at tk maxx pics are woeful
    And no model description

Which one please
    Wood Green London N8, I can check sizes if you like

Master
    Managed to order some online via tk maxx went for the more expensive ones but £179.99 for leather lined appears to be a great buy

Master
    I got some Aigle Parcours 2 ISO last Xmas. Not overly used them to date. Did 6 miles yesterday in them on paved and parkland (40/60)which is probably the furthest I have done. I'd say my feet were starting to ache a bit by the end but overall they were very good and the grip in the mud is excellent. Maybe just needed some slightly thicker socks.

Craftsman
    I do shooting and beating and have tried most boots (including most of the ones mentioned here). The answer is le chameau. I didn't want to pay their prices, but probably wasted a lot more trying other alternatives.
    I guess it depends on what you are going to be doing in your wellies, but for me, I wish I had splashed out earlier.

Craftsman
    Screwfix Site hydroguard riggers. Waterproof and protective. £44.

Master
    Not read the whole thread but I've done over a 1000 miles of walking in my neoprene lined aigles and they are ace..

Hopefully it's a common recommendation!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    My leather lined chameau arrived today £179.99 at tk maxx is a fantastic price when everyone else is circa £300+++ and £380 direct, must say I’m very pleased

Thanks for the heads up now to find a good boot bag ;)

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/sho...8199?rrec=true
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 6th January 2022 at 23:55.

My leather lined chameau arrived today £179.99 at tk maxx is a fantastic price when everyone else is circa £300+++ and £380 direct, must say I’m very pleased

Thanks for the heads up now to find a good boot bag ;)

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/sho...8199?rrec=true
    I have these same boots, bought them from TK Maxx also, albeit I happened upon them in the store. Given the great value of the boots, I was comfortable going direct to Chameau for their boot bag. I'm sure you can get a cheaper alternative, but it's a decent bag and the delivery was super fast.

https://www.lechameau.com/gb/boot-ba...n.html?s=72792

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I have these same boots, bought them from TK Maxx also, albeit I happened upon them in the store. Given the great value of the boots, I was comfortable going direct to Chameau for their boot bag. I'm sure you can get a cheaper alternative, but it's a decent bag and the delivery was super fast.

https://www.lechameau.com/gb/boot-ba...n.html?s=72792
    Many thanks order placed

Craftsman
    Might as well climb on board this thread. Has anyone any experience of Grubs Boots. They seem similar to Muck but more "economical"

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

After about five years on my first set of Dunlop Blizzards, I've just bought a second as a replacement only because the grip has gone from the sole.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blizzard-Du...s%2C88&sr=1-31

Not fancy for the shooters etc., but I find them warm and grippy enough for my winter dog walking!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    Might as well climb on board this thread. Has anyone any experience of Grubs Boots. They seem similar to Muck but more "economical"

I have a pair of Grubs. They seem to be very well made and are very comfortable. Mine are neoprene lined with a gel insole and Vibram sole. Only used them a few times so far but happy with them and for £100 or so seemed like good value

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    I have a pair of Grubs. They seem to be very well made and are very comfortable. Mine are neoprene lined with a gel insole and Vibram sole. Only used them a few times so far but happy with them and for £100 or so seemed like good value

Thanks for that. I've seen Vibram sole being recommended - do you think it's made much difference, although appreciate you may not have used them sufficiently

I’m looking for a new pair of wellies but I think I’m getting tied up with too much choice, happy to go to about £70 and I quite like the shorter calf boots, Muck boot Derwent II look good, Grubs also good and Solognac from Decathlon look interesting plus several more.

The Muck Boots look the best to me but have read reviews of them not lasting long and customer service no great….hmmm what to do?

Le Chameau alert

FYI, TK MAXX at Tottenham Hale have 3 pairs of size 8 (42) for £130 now if anyone is interested. Sadly I need 43s !!!!

Master
    Leather lined le chameau now £144 at tk maxx i took my ones back and brought another pair bargain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I’m looking for a new pair of wellies but I think I’m getting tied up with too much choice, happy to go to about £70 and I quite like the shorter calf boots, Muck boot Derwent II look good, Grubs also good and Solognac from Decathlon look interesting plus several more.

The Muck Boots look the best to me but have read reviews of them not lasting long and customer service no great….hmmm what to do?
    I don't think you can go wrong with Decathlon. As a family we've used their wellies for years.

As a step up my favourite brand is Skellerup, a NZ company. Great boots.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

FYI, TK MAXX at Tottenham Hale have 3 pairs of size 8 (42) for £130 now if anyone is interested. Sadly I need 43s !!!!
    Also sized (41) in Wood Green store, 3 pairs.

... The Muck Boots look the best to me but have read reviews of them not lasting long and customer service no great….hmmm what to do?
    I've just bought my second pair of Derwent IIs, the first pair lasted 2-and-a-bit years before the material started to fall to bits, which isn't great, but I bought a pair of Hunters at a substantially higher price and was unimpressed by both quality and fit - at least the Mucks are comfy!

Got my second pair for £69 from M A Griggs. Brilliant service: ordered Sunday, the boots arrived Monday AM!

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I've just bought my second pair of Derwent IIs, the first pair lasted 2-and-a-bit years before the material started to fall to bits, which isn't great, but I bought a pair of Hunters at a substantially higher price and was unimpressed by both quality and fit - at least the Mucks are comfy!

Got my second pair for £69 from M A Griggs. Brilliant service: ordered Sunday, the boots arrived Monday AM!
    Cheers, how are they for size? I’m a 9.5 in most other footwear but it’s either a choice of 9 or 10, probably go 10?
    I think I’ll get the Derwent II as like you said it’s nice if they last but overall comfort comes first, I’ll just use them for dog walking when it’s mucky and fishing, and yes I have not found them cheaper than Griggs so far..

Cheers, how are they for size? I’m a 9.5 in most other footwear but it’s either a choice of 9 or 10, probably go 10?
    I think I’ll get the Derwent II as like you said it’s nice if they last but overall comfort comes first, I’ll just use them for dog walking when it’s mucky and fishing, and yes I have not found them cheaper than Griggs so far..
    I find I need UK11.5 or 12 in most footwear, but 11 is fine for these - they're a wide and generous fit.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I find I need UK11.5 or 12 in most footwear, but 11 is fine for these - they're a wide and generous fit.
    Spot on ;-) Ordered size 9s a half size down from my normal size of 9.5 yesterday, just arrived and perfect fit, great service and price from Griggs if anyone is looking for wellies or country wear..

Craftsman
    Ive an ecologist at work who almost lives in wellingtons. They used to buy nice ones but nowadays the quality doesn't seem to justify the price at all so no buys just run of the mill from Screwfix type shops and they last as long as so called ' named ' brands.

T

Go outdoors. Had them for £55 with 10% off a week or 2 ago but they keepchanging thier prices and offers

Spot on ;-) Ordered size 9s a half size down from my normal size of 9.5 yesterday, just arrived and perfect fit, great service and price from Griggs if anyone is looking for wellies or country wear..
    Cool, glad that panned-out for you

Quote Originally Posted by mav112 View Post
    Go outdoors. Had them for £55 with 10% off a week or 2 ago but they keepchanging thier prices and offers

I did look at GO but it was all the very large or small sizes that were on offer..

Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    I killed my Muck Boot Avons by wearing out the inside heel lining, started rubbing and getting sore - got a good few years out of them though.

Just replaced them with these: http://www.lechameau.com/gb/mens-boo...r=Vert+Vierzon extremely comfy and the first pair of wellies I've felt like you can actually drive in if needed they're so flexible. Thumbs up so far.
    Had the same issue with my Muck Boots lining at the heel. Don’t think the quality is as good these days, as they only lasted 18 months.

Was going for LeChameau, but ended up with the Aigle Parcours due to a better fit for my feet. You really do need to try before you buy imho, as foot shape is a key factor also, not just size.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

LeChameau, I've had my Vierzonords 20 years wearing every weekend over the winter or Aigle

I'd steer clear of Barbour Tempest 2 of my mates have had them and they both split within a few years of use.

Master
    After recommendations on here I purchased some le chameau neoprene in the sale last year Ive worn them pretty much every weekend fishing and I like them so much I went back and purchased a pair of the leather lined ones as well when they were on sale at TK maxx Ive not even had chance to wear them yet

Master
    Currently a couple of years into a pair of Skellerup, a NZ brand. Best wellies I have ever owned by miles.

Sent from my SM-A145R using TZ-UK mobile app