closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 40 of 40

Thread: I picked up a beauty....

  1. #1
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882

    I picked up a beauty....

    when I bought this one.


  2. #2
    Craftsman jonasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    441
    Congrats ! A true beauty indeed.

  3. #3
    Master SSK007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lancashire UK / Northwest
    Posts
    3,554
    Very nice indeed.

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Biggin Hill
    Posts
    262
    Very nice!! 5513? What is the year?

  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Sat At The Computer
    Posts
    134
    Very nice

  6. #6
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayareg View Post
    Very nice!! 5513? What is the year?

    69/70

  7. #7
    Did she come with the watch or you had to pay separately?
    Is she the same vintage?
    Nice watch BTW!

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Biggin Hill
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    69/70
    Sweet! Looks an absolute beauty. Congratulations and wear in good health.

  9. #9
    Very nice. Nothing much beats a 5513. If you don't mind...I will share the love...


  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    575
    That really is a beauty...After picking up my very first Rolex recently I can now see what all the fuss is about...

  11. #11
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Very nice. Nothing much beats a 5513. If you don't mind...I will share the love...

    Very nice pair,tempted to fade the bezel on mine.

  12. #12
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Did she come with the watch or you had to pay separately?
    Is she the same vintage?
    Nice watch BTW!
    Bracelet?.........bought last week 93150.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Bracelet?.........bought last week 93150.
    No. The beauty!

  14. #14
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    30,079
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Very nice. Nothing much beats a 5513. If you don't mind...I will share the love...
    Ditto...


  15. #15
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    So do I fade the bezel,or leave well alone.

    Thats why I asked about bokboks Sub bezel on sc,I was if it fitted going to fade that.But apparently it's the wrong size.

  16. #16
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,448
    I can't imagine that it's the original bezel so fading it won't make any difference to the watch's value.

    You can always get a new insert from Rolex if you want to too.

    Whatever you decide, it's a stunning watch!

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,019
    Leave it alone!


  18. #18
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    12,751
    Very nice
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  19. #19
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I can't imagine that it's the original bezel so fading it won't make any difference to the watch's value.

    You can always get a new insert from Rolex if you want to too.

    Whatever you decide, it's a stunning watch!

    Not doing it to do anything to its value!.I would if I ever did fade it do it simply for another look,and as I said would much prefer to source a bezel cheaply to do that with.

    Again hence looking at bokboks on sc for 20.......but doesn't fit the 5513,and it was only a thought and by no means a necessity.

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,272
    Not a Rolex fan but can still appreciate the simplicity and that it hasn't gone out of style in 40+ years is pretty impressive. I'll have to have one at some point but need to save up before then!
    Last edited by deepreddave; 3rd January 2016 at 00:54.

  21. #21
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Not doing it to do anything to its value!.I would if I ever did fade it do it simply for another look,and as I said would much prefer to source a bezel cheaply to do that with.

    Again hence looking at bokboks on sc for 20.......but doesn't fit the 5513,and it was only a thought and by no means a necessity.
    What I meant was fading it won't detract from its value. I don't think there'd be any issues if you chose to fade it. I wasn't being critical and if I came across that way then I apologise.

    I think it's s lovely watch whatever you choose to do to the bezel.

  22. #22
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    59
    very nice, congrats. Add more photos

  23. #23
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Herts England
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Very nice pair,tempted to fade the bezel on mine.
    Forgive my ignorance - what's the difference - the fading on the bezel?

  24. #24
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Herts England
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1974 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance - what's the difference - the fading on the bezel?
    Meant to post this under the original picture of the two watches.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Very nice. Nothing much beats a 5513. If you don't mind...I will share the love...
    Totally agree, here's mine


  26. #26
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sussex uk
    Posts
    14,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1974 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance - what's the difference - the fading on the bezel?
    In the real world, bezels usually fade after significant in water time and people like the look

    my SD insert lasted around 6 years before major fade and my SMP lasted around a year.



    mike

  27. #27
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    What I meant was fading it won't detract from its value. I don't think there'd be any issues if you chose to fade it. I wasn't being critical and if I came across that way then I apologise.

    I think it's s lovely watch whatever you choose to do to the bezel.

    No it didn't come across that way at all,I was just saying why I was thinking about doing it that's all.Thats the problem with the written word it's difficult to say it in a way that isn't direct without coming across in an harsh way........

  28. #28
    After having three and flipping them all, with lots of 5513 talk on here is making me very envious again, here's one of my mine sadly gone now!
    Last edited by Snoodles; 3rd January 2016 at 13:00.

  29. #29
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    57
    That's a beautiful example.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,614
    Blog Entries
    2
    Stunning! Just stunning. Congratulations!

  31. #31
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Herts England
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    In the real world, bezels usually fade after significant in water time and people like the look

    my SD insert lasted around 6 years before major fade and my SMP lasted around a year.



    mike
    Thanks Mike. I wonder how many people have screwed up trying accelerate the aging process, or is it relatively common/ easy or even acceptable thing to do? I like nice and shiny so not a route for me (not to mention may be a little challenging with ceramic bezel!).

  32. #32
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1974 View Post
    Thanks Mike. I wonder how many people have screwed up trying accelerate the aging process, or is it relatively common/ easy or even acceptable thing to do? I like nice and shiny so not a route for me (not to mention may be a little challenging with ceramic bezel!).
    Does ceramic age the same!,as for aging a sub bezel,it's very easy.

  33. #33
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    51
    Very nice!

  34. #34
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    859
    Ooo lovely. Congratulations. What are the features you looked out for when choosing your 5513? I know a great looking one when I see it but what are the things you checked? Yours sure does look lovely.

  35. #35
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    Ooo lovely. Congratulations. What are the features you looked out for when choosing your 5513? I know a great looking one when I see it but what are the things you checked? Yours sure does look lovely.
    Buy the buyer buy the watch and all should work out just fine.

    Soon be down to 3 watches,the 5513 a CWC and when I get the other Ill pop it on here,it will be another Rolex 😉.

  36. #36
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Buy the buyer buy the watch and all should work out just fine.

    Soon be down to 3 watches,the 5513 a CWC and when I get the other Ill pop it on here,it will be another Rolex 😉.
    Will the rolex be very green yet capricious?

  37. #37
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,882
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    Will the rolex be very green yet capricious?
    No clues you'll have to wait until I get it.......hopefully by the weekend.

  38. #38
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    No clues you'll have to wait until I get it.......hopefully by the weekend.
    Ooo. Excellent. Looking forward to that. Good luck!

  39. #39
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    176
    Ages makes them better

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelh View Post
    Ages makes them better
    Hear hear. Applies to owners too!

    Patina is king when it comes to vintage Subs IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information