closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice On MWC

Advice On MWC

Are MWC an ok brand or should I avoid like the plague?
    Help please.

Journeyman
    For similar money you could get a cwc, what model are you specifically looking for ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_soon_to_be View Post
    For similar money you could get a cwc, what model are you specifically looking for ?
    Well looking at an MWC Submariner 300 Mtr. Automatic.

Thanks

DISCLAIMER: MY OPINION ONLY.

My verdict: avoid. Just some pointers...

MWC labeled divers watches were made by Ray Wong /Consumption enterprises /"kronos watches" by whom they were listed as 3 ATM waterproof on alibaba (to business partners not consumers).

Divers feature a cheap plastic movement holder. Case okayish. Movements a joke, the quartz were 0 jewel swiss parts movements, more modern automatics have/had the SII NH15A which is a clownishly small womans-watch movement with an increased base plate and big rotor

http://uhrforum.de/attachments/86202...a-_dsc4519.jpg

The automatic G10s feature/d a DG-2833 movement, only problems, had like 10 of these movements in my hands... crystal is glued into place (big no-no).

Chrono a joke too.

CWC his grossly overpriced in my opinion, as one does get a Longines Hydroconquest for the same money. Crystal sapphire instead of mineral, quality metal bracelet instead of nato, awesome looking box instead of cheap metal box, ETA 2892 movement instead of ETA 2824, significantly better finish (at least visually), brand recognition etc...

Still CWC is way (!) above MWC in terms of quality.

Best regards
    JMH

PS: Also, MWC copied CWC in any way possible, from the name tag (MWC instead of CWC, come on!) over the boxes they ship their watches in (both metal tins), to the design of their models. They tried to fake a military connection that is not there also. Avoid.
    Last edited by JMH; 1st March 2015 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    DISCLAIMER: MY OPINION ONLY.

My verdict: avoid. Just some pointers...

MWC labeled divers watches were made by Ray Wong /Consumption enterprises /"kronos watches" by whom they were listed as 3 ATM waterproof on alibaba (to business partners not consumers).

Divers feature a cheap plastic movement holder. Case okayish. Movements a joke, the quartz were 0 jewel swiss parts movements, more modern automatics have/had the SII NH15A which is a clownishly small womans-watch movement with an increased base plate and big rotor

http://uhrforum.de/attachments/86202...a-_dsc4519.jpg

The automatic G10s feature/d a DG-2833 movement, only problems, had like 10 of these movements in my hands... crystal is glued into place (big no-no).

Chrono a joke too.

CWC his grossly overpriced in my opinion, as one does get a Longines Hydroconquest for the same money. Crystal sapphire instead of mineral, quality metal bracelet instead of nato, awesome looking box instead of cheap metal box, ETA 2892 movement instead of ETA 2824, significantly better finish (at least visually), brand recognition etc...

Still CWC is way (!) above MWC in terms of quality.

Best regards
    JMH

PS: Also, MWC copied CWC in any way possible, from the name tag (MWC instead of CWC, come on!) over the boxes they ship their watches in (both metal tins), to the design of their models. They tried to fake a military connection that is not there also. Avoid.
    Thats good enough for me, thank you.

MWC = crap

CWC = good but over-priced

Time Factors = better than MoD spec and cheaper than CWC

HTH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    I had a MWC G10-alike some time back and something that particularly annoyed me about it were the fake NSN and serial/issue numbers on the back. They really were trying to pretend that the watch was something it was not.

Craftsman
    I also purchased an MWC chrono some time ago and it stopped working after a few months, avoid like the plague.......

Master
    Mickey Mouse watch company. I would steer clear, but that's my opinion.

Apprentice

MWC Seem Fine to me I have a G10 100m with a Ronda 715li

This all makes little sense I bought a Titanium G10 see http://www.mwcwatches.net/products/g10sl-pvd-mkv-100m-water-resistant-with-gtls-tritium-light-sourc the movement was a Ronda 715li and it has been fine for 3 years. Not only that I bought it on eBay and the feedback of the various dealers suggests no issues at at http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...edbackAsSeller and this one is 100% and sells loads of MWC's http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...edbackAsSeller

I have CWC and MWC models but how the two can be compared is beyond me the MWC is bigger and has GTLS tubes plus a 10 years battery life not only that it is the price of a basic CWC with Luminova. I have owned CWC's and MWC's but have never encountered issues with either brand.

Apprentice

Nowhere Close on Price the 100m MWC G10 is £119

Quote Originally Posted by the_soon_to_be View Post
    The MWC G10 100m is £119 the 50m CWC Navi is £170 no comparison in the spec or price. I have three old CWC's from the 80's the new ones don't compare the earlier versions were built like a tank.