closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Universal Geneve Polerouter

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    The case and caseback are pretty scratched up, but it does still retain the serial number and Poleroute globe on the case back which is a rarity on the ones I've seen for sale. It has a UG logo on the crown although I'd be surprised if that's the original. The dial has some patina so is hopefully original. Overall I went for what seems like originality over than a nice condition refinished watch. I love the look of the date version but don't want another non-quickset watch in my collection! Timekeeping is showing plus 12 sec per day which seems reasonable for a watch that is older than I am.

Here's a video I made of it.
    Looks similar to mine although mine is gold plated. Need to find it really!

Journeyman
    I Love polerouters

Wys?ane z mojego BBF100-6 przy u?yciu Tapatalka

Craftsman
    This thread makes me want to get one. Beautiful watches. Perhaps i'll consider trading one of my omegas for one of these.

I think I am right in saying one was worn in an early bond film.

Journeyman
    The Polerouter Sub is a sexy thing. Not so easy to come by i guess.

Grand Master
    The micro rotor idea always struck me as strange, I fixed one if these once and I was impressed with the quality of the watch, but still couldn’t see why a micro- rotor was deemed to be a good idea. It keeps rhe movement slim, but Omega managed a fairly slim movement with the 550 and an even slimmer one with the 1010.

Some nice examples on this thread!

Master
    Blog Entries

Polerouter 1950’s

Gorgeous watches designed by a very young master (Genta).

M

I love Polerouters

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    The micro rotor idea always struck me as strange, I fixed one if these once and I was impressed with the quality of the watch, but still couldn’t see why a micro- rotor was deemed to be a good idea. It keeps rhe movement slim, but Omega managed a fairly slim movement with the 550 and an even slimmer one with the 1010.

Some nice examples on this thread!
    The earlier Polerouters had bumper movements, of course, rather than micro rotor movements, albeit in a noticeably larger case...

Apparently the milling on the chapter ring is 1/8 second apart which matches up with each movement of the second hand.

Snapped at the Oxford History of Science Museum and flattered that my image featured in Roger Michel's virtual tour.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Snapped at the Oxford History of Science Museum and flattered that my image featured in Roger Michel's virtual tour.

Well deserved, that's a great photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Well done. Indeed a nice pic👍

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    I love Polerouters

You seem to have everything in multiples. That is quite a bunch of Polerouters.
    One day, whenever you are ready look forward to seeing your collection in entirety.

I decided to treat my old Polerouter to a new strap today. Is there anyone recommended for servicing these? I had my other one serviced locally and they polished the case despite me asking them not to!

I decided to treat my old Polerouter to a new strap today. Is there anyone recommended for servicing these? I had my other one serviced locally and they polished the case despite me asking them not to!

Duncan (the watch bloke) serviced my UG when I had one.

My old watch! Good to see it’s still on the forum and getting some love. Another one on my ‘I should never have sold it’ list.

Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    My old watch! Good to see it’s still on the forum and getting some love. Another one on my ‘I should never have sold it’ list.
    It is rather unique with the display back. Were you the one who commissioned it? So many people ask me about who made it!

It is rather unique with the display back. Were you the one who commissioned it? So many people ask me about who made it!
    No, I bought it on the forum with the display back in place. But it sure works well showing off the microtor movement. Maybe it can be traced all the way back to its origin. I think at least half a dozen people here have owned it at some point.

No, I bought it on the forum with the display back in place. But it sure works well showing off the microtor movement. Maybe it can be traced all the way back to its origin. I think at least half a dozen people here have owned it at some point.
    Indeed, whoever originally did or commissioned the display back had exquisite taste. Especially as they weren't worth as much as they are now back when it was done. So it must have been a labour of love. If anyone has more info it would be greatly appreciated.

I think that's a lot of people on the forum's old watch :)

Love a nice micro rotor movement. Deserves to be seen.