closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A "one Watch" collection, Well kind of :-)

A "one Watch" collection, Well kind of :-)

Its been a while since I started a thread so thought I would do a quick one after a recent change of heart and enjoyment, I am a fan of Rolex and still enjoy them however much to the dismay of many on the forum
    I have sold one through forum contacts (not on SC)

Long and short is that I have sold the "One Watch" and have been looking at what I can buy with the funds it released back to me for more fun and that I will enjoy wearing more frequently.

My "one watch" collection now consists of the below:

All four together with the bracelet that came with.

Omega Seamaster - DIVER 300M CO‑AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER 42 MM - 210.32.42.20.06.001

Omega Seamaster - DIVER 300M CO‑AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER 42 MM - 210.32.42.20.04.001

Omega Speedmaster - MOONWATCH PROFESSIONAL CO‑AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER CHRONOGRAPH 42 MM - 310.30.42.50.01.001 (Hesalite)

Breitling - AEROSPACE EVO DLC-Coated Titanium - V79363101B1W1

I am really happy with all of these and though it is Omega heavy the quality and feel of all 4 is excellent and gives me so much flexibility and at the moment the most important thing for me is the fun of the.
    All were purchased from members of the forum and had the opportunity to meet with one of the forums hero's and communicate with 3 more. (only one was through SC)

All are full sets, incredibly well looked after and near perfect in all four cases.

As a caveat this is not all of my collection however a fun part of it and an interesting comparison of a "one watch" collection offering more for different occasions, I will get the fabric and deployment for the speedy as well to give even more flexibility.

Appreciate I could have bought 100, or 10 or any number in between but this was where I landed with the funds and think they are great. Could have gone a dress watch rather than the second Seamaster but I am a jeans and polo man 99.99% of the time
    so wouldn't get any wrist time.

Thanks to all the hero's for the fun communications and even follow ups to make sure I am still happy with them, a great part of the forum has been the people met and spoken with.

Works for me. You did well from the Rolex and now you are enjoying some variety. I’m sure Mick will be along shortly to tell you of the error of your choice but nothing new there.

Great watches btw

Grand Master
    Ill be letting a few of my Rolex go too!.

Maybe a few this morning during a f2f,and my 5512 in a few weeks.
    Close to retirement and so this was always my plan.

You have 4 great watches there....enjoy.

Sorry MickP.

Some excellent watches Tony and some nice variety too. My favourite is the Night Mission!

Just shows how ridiculous the whole Rolex situation is. Well done.

Thanks guys I am really feeling the Seamaster at the moment and wouldn’t mind adding blue or/and black on rubber as well ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    4 nice watches for the loss of one ... a compelling proposition for many I'd guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Thanks guys I am really feeling the Seamaster at the moment and wouldn’t mind adding blue or/and black on rubber as well ?

Those Seamasters are really nice watches. I have a black and a white and really enjoy them.

A speedie, an aerospace and a seamaster is the basis of a good collection.

Fair play.

Blog Entries
    Nice choices there. The Breitling is one I wouldn't have thought of but I do like the look of it. Seems like a win win situation to me.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice 4!
    I have a soft spot for Speedies but the Aerospace is lovely as well.
    Which Rolex did you shift for them?

Blog Entries
    Looks a super set. How about adding a 43.5mm ceramic non-date SMP for slight variation or the bi-colour for a night out?

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Thanks Martyn, both of those are really nice. Not much of a bimetallic man but that looks a pretty subtle

Quite unreal what one watch can unlock really.

I’m guessing the BLNR is what went and don’t blame you. Absolutely never wear mine, much better watches out there for the money, and even at 75% less as your post clearly shows.

Enjoy

Love it OP!

Gotta say ani-digi Breitlings are looking more and more appealing…

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

I’m guessing the BLNR is what went and don’t blame you. Absolutely never wear mine, much better watches out there for the money, and even at 75% less as your post clearly shows.

Enjoy
    Funny - it’s my go-to watch. It’s faultless.

I'd lose one of the Seamasters and add a PO - the chronos are big but still amazing VFM at the mo.

Enjoy
    Surprised,Wileeeeeey. I quite like mine.
    Why don’t you get rid of that and get a Skydweller instead. I am sure you will like the Skydweller. Haven’t been following prices closely to know the price difference on secondary market but shouldn’t be much.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I'd lose one of the Seamasters and add a PO - the chronos are big but still amazing VFM at the mo.
    Think I would agree as a full collection, tbh I already have a PO but not a chrono and a the smaller 39.5 which is a great watch so that certainly influenced the buying a bit.

Absolute makes sense Tony. You have a great collection bud. I need a aerospace in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Surprised,Wileeeeeey. I quite like mine.
    Why don’t you get rid of that and get a Skydweller instead. I am sure you will like the Skydweller. Haven’t been following prices closely to know the price difference on secondary market but shouldn’t be much.
    I’m meant to be on the list for a black one on oyster. That and the Sub LV are the two I’m really after. I half think there could be a WG SkyDweller on Oysterflex this year but we’ll see. I tried on a rose or yellow gold one on Oysterflex last year and it was beautiful, but I won’t buy rose or yellow gold.

In the last three years I’ve probably worn the BLNR less than five times. That and the SD43 just never seem to get worn but I’m too scared of the blacklist to sell! Same reason I have a Sub 40 ND in the deposit box which hasn’t been worn in 18 months since I got the 41.

I’m meant to be on the list for a black one on oyster. That and the Sub LV are the two I’m really after. I half think there could be a WG SkyDweller on Oysterflex this year but we’ll see. I tried on a rose or yellow gold one on Oysterflex last year and it was beautiful, but I won’t buy rose or yellow gold.

In the last three years I’ve probably worn the BLNR less than five times. That and the SD43 just never seem to get worn but I’m too scared of the blacklist to sell! Same reason I have a Sub 40 ND in the deposit box which hasn’t been worn in 18 months since I got the 41.
    Wow! How can you not wear SD43? For me it is the perfect Rolex. Nothing vintage or modern beats it:-)
    Anyway hope you get your Skydweller soon.
    I am thinking of a PM Skydweller too.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Wow! How can you not wear SD43? For me it is the perfect Rolex. Nothing vintage or modern beats it:-)
    Anyway hope you get your Skydweller soon.
    I am thinking of a PM Skydweller too.
    Too much reflection, it doesn’t allow me to enjoy the matte dial. I always either go for the 41 ND or the D-Blue. I’ll get it in a few weeks and see how I get on.

Not a huge fan of having a toe in the water - I usually either cannon ball in or stay on the sidelines!

I hate in when the AD overloads me with so many impossible-to-get Rolex that I can barely wear them. It's such a chore.

Just messing

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I hate in when the AD overloads me with so many impossible-to-get Rolex that I can barely wear them. It's such a chore.

Just messing
    I wouldn't be able to get them today and haven't had a steel watch from an AD since Nov 2020 :(

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Think I would agree as a full collection, tbh I already have a PO but not a chrono and a the smaller 39.5 which is a great watch so that certainly influenced the buying a bit.
    Nice, makes even more sense TBH.

Master
    Great choice, if I was luck enough to be in your position I would have done something similar. You've chosen 4 excellent watches there.

Won't wear and scared to sell...what a crazy world it is😁

Craftsman
    Good move OP - and 4 excellent choices.

Spurred on by your thread pal. I went down the same route. Downed one Rolex. Picked up these and to be honest, it has re sparked enjoyment in the hobby again for me.

Journeyman
    What a set OP congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Spurred on by your thread pal. I went down the same route. Downed one Rolex. Picked up these and to be honest, it has re sparked enjoyment in the hobby again for me.

Very nice selection indeed

Good choices here for the 'one' - in a sort of quantum, multiverse sort of way. :)